Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Goodbye... ( Chapter 43 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 44: Goodbye…
 
Hiei and Karasu stared each other down for a few minuets. Hiei wasn't going to let Karasu win, no way. He needed to set Kurama straight. He didn't know what Karasu put Kurama though the last few weeks, but he was going to pay for it. Kurama would never willingly stay. Karasu was just as angry, he did not like the way Hiei had touched Kurama. He was so rough with him and Hiei probably didn't know it, but Kurama was hurt mentally as well, and Karasu knew that.
“Listen! I don't want any fighting! We just got out of the Dark Tournament, do we really need this?”
“Sorry Kurama, but if he wants to fight then we will,” said Hiei while still glaring at Karasu
“Karasu, no. Please don't fight,”
“What do you want me to do then, itooshi?”
“I…I don't know! But I'm sure we can-,”
It was too late Hiei had had enough. He ran towards Karasu with his katana drawn out. Karasu quickly dodged it. Then sent a bomb in Hiei's direction. Hiei just barely missed it. They continued fighting like this for a long while. Kurama sat far away and watched them. He sat on the ground and hugged his knees close to him. He didn't want this, none of this. Finally he saw one last explosion. Soon the smoke cleared and Hiei was seen on the ground motionless. Kurama quickly got up and ran towards him.
“Hiei!”
Then Kurama saw Karasu getting ready to finish Hiei off…once and for all. But Kurama just couldn't let that happen. He ran in front of Hiei and stood there, and didn't move.
“Move Kurama…this needs to be done,”
“N-no! I'm not moving! Please Karasu…don't do this,” said Kurama while looking at the ground. He did not want to show Karasu his face. He was too ashamed.
Karasu slowly started to approach Kurama. Once Karasu was right next to Kurama he put his hand under Kurama's chin and lifted his head. What Karasu saw surprised him. Kurama's eyes were filled with tears that were now streaming down his face.
“Kurama, don't cry. It's…it's going to be okay,”
“…No it's not…”
When these words met Karasu's ears he felt something inside him go off. He knew that Kurama was right. It wouldn't be all right; it would never be all right. He always hurt Kurama, and he would keep hurting Kurama. Keeping Kurama here wasn't right, Kurama's soul wasn't meant to be kept like this. As much as Karasu wanted to protect and love Kurama, he knew deep inside that he was killing him slowly with his possessiveness. Kurama's mind could only take so much until he would break down totally. Karasu could almost imagine the blankness on Kurama's face, the lifelessness in his eyes when he couldn't take anymore. He could only do one thing to prevent that…let him go.
“Kurama…I'm sorry. I won't, I promise. I won't kill Hiei. But…you were right. You can stay no longer,” said Karasu in a forlorn voice while casting his sight beyond Kurama. He didn't want to have to look into Kurama's beautiful emerald eyes when they showed pain.
Kurama looked up to Karasu in disbelief. What was Karasu getting at? Did he really mean that? No…he couldn't… could he?”
“I don't want you to stay if you are going to be in pain like this…it's not right. And I can't live knowing that I'm causing it, love”
Suddenly Hiei started to fade. He was slowly disappearing. Kurama was a bit shocked at first. After a moment he was very stunned. He wanted to know what was happening to Hiei. Was he…dead? No, he was still breathing. What was going on?
“It's okay, Kurama. I'm just bringing him to the Spirit World. And no, he's not dead,”
“But why?”
“Because I can't kill something that you care for. Not now, not ever, even if I am a bit jealous. I don't want you to hurt anymore. I brought you here so you would be happy, but it did the opposite. It hurt you more then anything. I never meant for that…so now I'm letting you go, Kurama. I want you happy. I don't ever want to see you afraid or sad, I want you to stay the same Youko Kurama that has the fire of pride burning in him. I never want to see you broken…never,”
“But…I'll miss you, Karasu…”
Karasu chuckled to himself for a moment.
“That's okay. I promise I will never be too far from you, my kitsune,”
Suddenly a portal opened up behind Kurama. Kurama slowly turned around and looked into it. Where does it lead? Where would it lead? Perhaps it's a trap?
“It leads to your home, Kurama. Go…go now to it, Kurama,”
“But…I…Karasu,”
Kurama turned around on his heels and faced Karasu. Karasu looked very hopeless. Kurama knew it was hard for him to let go. But this also proved that he really did love him. It proved he wasn't lying…it was the truth. Kurama didn't know what to say, so he showed Karasu how he felt. Kurama stood up on his toes and tugged Karasu's hair lightly and pulled him down to his level. Karasu looked confused for and moment, and even more confused when he felt Kurama's lips on his own. But he enjoyed it, nevertheless. He wished it would never end, but like all good things, it would.
The kiss last about a minuet and then ended. Kurama let go of Karasu hair and looked up to him with a smile. But the smile soon vanished. He felt horrible. He knew he was leaving Karasu alone, alone in such a large place with no one else. It was like he was a prisoner in his own home. He was trapped within himself. It was almost like Karasu was destined to be alone…
“Just don't wander too far from me, my love,” said Karasu softly.
“I-I won't. I promise Karasu. I promise I will come back to you…my crow,” smiled Kurama.
Karasu smiled a true smile when he heard this. Kurama did care for him, too.
Kurama threw his arms around Karasu one last time…then let go. He turned and started towards the portal. Once he was in he was in he turned back towards Karasu and gave him a quick smile before disappearing completely. He knew this wasn't the last time he would see Karasu, but no matter how awkward it was in his mind, he knew he would truly miss the crow for the time he was away.
Soon everything was clear and he found himself in his own bedroom. Nothing had been touched at all. Everything was the same as he had left it…but something was missing, but what? Then it hit him. Ryou! He had left Ryou at Karasu's! But he knew Karasu wouldn't harm him. Karasu had already proved himself. If Karasu didn't kill Hiei, he would never hurt Ryou.
Kurama started walking up stairs when he noticed something. Ryou's door was closed. He hadn't left it closed; he usually leaves all the doors opened, except the front and back door of the house, of course. He opened the door slowly and looked in. What he saw amazed him a bit. Ryou was in his bed sleeping. Karasu must have brought him here.
Kurama walked next to the bed and sat down on it. Ryou stirred a bit but did not wake. Ryou looked so happy when he slept. He looked like the very image of peaceful. But a loud knocking on the door interrupted Kurama's thoughts. Kurama got up quickly and ran down the stairs quietly. He opened the door slowly to see Kuwabara and Yusuke standing there.
“Eh…hello,” said Kurama, he didn't what else to say.
“Kurama?!” Said Yusuke loudly.
“Ha, see? I told you he was here. I…uh…got that feeling again,”
“Yes, I am here,”
“Where the heck where you…for like a month?”
“You wouldn't believe me if I told you,”
“Aw, c'mon. Try us,” said Kuwabara.
“Ok, fine. Come in,” said Kurama while gesturing them in.
Yusuke and Kuwabara both not a seat on a couch and looked at Kurama blankly. Kurama took a seat as well. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. How would he explain this? Just tell them that he was with Karasu all month? Well, it's worth a try.
“I've been with Karasu,”
Kuwabara and Yusuke said nothing for a moment. Then they both broke into laughter. Kurama stared at them, once again not knowing what to say. How would he make them believe him? It was pretty hard to believe, even for him. They did see Karasu die.
“Believe what you like, but it's the truth. Ask Hiei,”
Then they both stopped laughing. They could tell that Kurama wasn't joking around. There was something about Kurama that made you know if he was joking or not. And he was certainly not joking right now.
“What…why? How?” asked Yusuke.
“Well…he does love me. And he wanted me with him,”
“Then…pardon my asking, but how did you leave? I know that Karasu isn't that weak and if he survived that plant that you made then…well…heck he's good,”
“He…he let me,” said Kurama. He didn't want to recall that event that happened almost moments before.
“He let you go!? But…but I thought he well…would kill you, if anything. Why did he let you go?”
“I…I'm sorry. I really don't wish to talk about this subject at the moment. And if you don't mind, I would like some time alone. So if you would be so kind as to let yourselves out I would be very grateful,”
“Sure thing, Kurama. But don't feel too down in the dumps. Koenma has a new…no wait…another up-rising threat for us. Something about a guy trying to end the world, fun, huh?”
“Okay…” nodded Kurama sadly with the images of his departure from Karasu.
Yusuke and Kuwabara left the house. Kurama sat there and didn't know what to do. He was probably just tired or something, so he led himself up stairs to his room and settled down on his bed. He laid down on his stomach and tucked his hands under his pillow and sighed. It was nice to feel the soft cotton of his normal bed. But the feel of his bed made him miss Karasu a bit more. He wondered what Karasu was doing at that moment. Was he okay? Maybe he was having second thoughts on letting Kurama leave? Kurama couldn't have known because at that very moment he fell into a deep and much needed sleep.
He awoke suddenly at a noise…but he found it was nothing. Then another thought came into his mind. Where was he? Then it hit him and the event that happened not too long ago played all over in his mind. He half expected Karasu to walk into the room to give him an un-welcomed `good morning,' or whatever time it was. He slowly took off his covers and walked to the door. But…he hadn't slept with covers on, had he? Well, he probably just put them on without knowing it, so he let the thought pass from his mind. He decided to go look for Ryou.
So he walked through the hall until he came to Ryou's door, which wasn't really far because his room and Kurama's room were just one room apart. He opened the door slowly and walked in. Ryou was still lying on his bed; it looked like he hadn't moved. Kurama smiled and walked up to his bed and sat down on it. He brushed Ryou's bangs out of his eyes and shook him a little to wake him up. Ryou stirred and then drowsily opened his eyes. He rubbed his eyes with fisted hands and then looked up to Kurama. He smiled, but then looked around.
“Did we leave, Kurama?”
“Yes, Ryou,”
“Why?”
“Because…because we had no reason to stay anymore,”
“Okay…but why did we go before?”
“Because…I…eh…-,”
Suddenly a loud noise came from downstairs. It made Ryou jump and Kurama stand up. But then he figured out it was just the phone. He let out a sigh and chuckled. It had been a long time since he heard one of those. He really didn't see any of them at Karasu's.
“It's just the phone, Ryou,” Laughed Kurama.
“Oh…uh...of course! Haha, sorry,”
Kurama ran downstairs and looked around in the kitchen for the wireless phone. He could never find that thing. But the ringing soon led him to it. It was on a counter under the morning paper. He quickly pressed the `talk' button before the person hung up.
“Hello?”
“Oh, hello, Shuchi! I'm so glad you picked up; I was just around to hang up. Where have you been? I've called quite a few times this month, but you never picked up, I was starting to get worried, are you okay there?”
“Yes mother. And I'm sorry for not being here lately, I've been a bit busy,”
“Okay, well that's good. I have some bad news, though. I'm going to have to be staying here a little longer,”
“How long, Mother?”
“About a year. I'm really sorry. I know it sounds long, but as soon as I get back we'll do something special, okay?” She said while trying to use a tactic that is mostly used on children.
“Yes, mother,”
“Okay, well, I got to go. I have some more work to do. Goodbye Shuchi, I love you,”
“I love you too, Mother. Take it easy and don't over work yourself,”
After Kurama said that they both hung up. Kurama looked at a calendar by the refrigerator and noticed that his mother would have been back tomorrow! Not a lot of time to make up a good excuse of why he had another boy living with him.
But he also had other things to think of. Things like: the new threat, telling Ryou about his past, and what is Hiei going to do to him!?
Hiei would certainly not like the fact that Kurama didn't mind Karasu and that he sort of took his side when they fought.
But wait…where is Bakura?!