Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Shura ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 45: Shura
 
With Bakura*******************************************************
 
Bakura sat in bed and looked at the ceiling. He had been thinking of ways to get out, but could find none. How could he get out if Yomi had wards all over the place? Yomi was really starting to get to him. He hadn't seen Ryou in almost two days. That's the longest he's been away from his Hikari. And it was because of Yomi. Well…really more of the fault of his millennium ring, if anything. It should have brought him right outside of Karasu's large fortress, but instead it brought him to Yomi. Maybe it was fate? No! No, no, no. Bakura would not accept the possibility that he was meant to get stuck with a lunatic like this! That wouldn't be fair at all! It seemed that Ryou was destined to meet Kurama, and Kurama was meant to meet Karasu again, and Bakura was destined to be with Yomi?! No way. That couldn't be right! It just couldn't'!
Bakura looked up from his frustrations and to is surprise…saw a little boy? This took a little while for Bakura's mind to register. What the heck was this kid doing here? That's when Bakura noticed something. The boy looked a bit like Yomi…but a lot younger. Who could this boy be? Well, Bakura wasn't the kind to keep quiet when he wanted to know something.
“Who are you, boy?”
“Me? I should be asking who you are! Who are you?”
Bakura growled silently, but the boy still heard. He walked up to the bed and looked at Bakura closely like he was an animal or something.
“Answer me, fool!” Yelled Bakura.
“Make me!”
“Fine! Then shut up and leave!”
“No!”
This kid was really going to give Bakura problems. Bakura sighed and put in some thought. How would he get a kid to…eh…listen. He really never had to do this before. He could always try being nice, couldn't he? It was worth a try.
“Now, I'm sorry for being to mean. But I've been having a very bad day and I've been dragged down a flight of stairs by my feet, now can you please tell me your name?” Asked Bakura kindly.
“Sure! My name is Shura! Haha, you're funny! What's your name?” Asked Shura with a large childish smile.
Hey it worked! Bakura was very glad. It was nice to start having things his way…even if it was with a little kid. But this wasn't good enough. He had to keep going. He knew that the best way to get information was through children, they were so feeble minded and young.
“My name is Bakura. Now…can you tell me who that man is that…well…looks a bit…like you?”
“That's my Papa!”
Bakura mentally curse and swore a very large and unhealthy number of times. The boy was his son, great. But this could be used for better things, too. He would know more.
“So…who is his wife?”
“Wife?”
“Mate! You know!”
“Oh, that. He doesn't have one,”
“What!? Then you can't be his son!”
“Yes I can!”
“No you can't!”
Yes I can!”
Bakura once again growled and then threw his head down on the pillow. But he wished he hadn't. Doing that only made his head hurt more. This really wasn't helping anything. He couldn't stand bickering…especially with a kid!
“Listen…I don't know if you don't know this yet because you are young, but without a mate someone can't…er…have a son,”
“Well, he made me with technology, of course,”
Made? Well, that's interesting. I don't want to know anymore,”
“Okay, then! Do you want to play a game? I'm bored,”
“No, not really. I feel like I've been to hell and back…which I think I have a few times,”
“Oh…that doesn't sound good…are you sure it was hell?”
Bakura fought back a fit of rage. This boy was naïve. Very native. And it was getting annoying now. But if he played his cards right with him he would maybe be able to find a way out.
“How about we do play a game, on the other hand?”
“Okay! What do you want to play?”
“Let's play…eh…okay, okay, how about you just show me around?”
“Uh…no. That's boring,
“Well…grr…fine, you pick what you want to play,”
“Okay! Let's think… umm…I don't want to play anymore,”
“Fine! Then what do you want to do?”
“Let's talk, Haha. I'm too bored to play now,”
“Too bored, or too lazy?”
“I am not lazy!”
“Oh really? Then why don't you show me the way out?”
“Because…because…I don't want to!”
“Why?”
“Because I don't know you and Papa might want to keep you here for some reason and I should not tell you anything!”
“Shoot, he's smarter then he looks,” Thought Bakura furiously.
“ But I don't look like I'm a bad person, do I?” Said Bakura while trying to do his best impression of Ryou, but failing horribly because he did not have his Hikari with him.
“Yes,”
“What!? What the heck is wrong with you?! Are you mental or something?! I'm perfectly innocent!”
“No you aren't! You're mean and you look like you've committed murder or something,”
“Only on Tuesdays,” muttered Bakura, followed by a dark chuckle.
“What?”
“Nothing,”
“What do you mean nothing? I heard you say something, but I was just not listening,”
Bakura scowled and laid down, careful not to hit his head. Then he turned over on his side stubbornly. He couldn't stand this kid anymore. He was annoying to start off with, but then he denied Bakura of his fake innocence, and then stated he wasn't listening! And Bakura thought he, the King of Thieves was rude!
Suddenly he heard the door open. He turned a bit on his side. That's when he saw Yomi come in the room.
“I see you have met Shura, Bakura?”
“The kid? How'd you guess?”
“I heard you two squabbling from two halls down,”
“Oh really? Well…he started it,”
Shura let out a gasp. “I did not! You did!”
“Might take you two a while to get used to each other I see,”
“That's not true! I like Bakura. He's funny! He told me that he was dragged down a flight of stairs today and that he commits murder on Tuesdays!”
“Oh really? Is that true, Bakura?”
“No, I don't know what the brat's talking about,”
“What!? But that's what you said, you're a liar, Bakura!”
“So!? What are you going to do about it?! Now, Yomi let me out!” Yelled Bakura.
“Shura, would you mind leaving? I wish to have a talk with Bakura alone,”
“Yes Papa,” said Shura and then he left quietly.
Once He was completely out of the room and the door was closed, Yomi went and sat down next to Bakura. Bakura gave him a very dirty look and then quickly looked away. Yomi put an arm around Bakura, but then Bakura shoved him off.
“Are you angry, Bakura?”
“No, no, no. Of course not! I just love to be held against my will on a daily basis by someone I barely know!”
“Good, because you're going to be staying here a lot longer,”
“What?! I told you I want to leave! I need to go see Ryou now!”
“Ryou? The boy that Karasu had?”
“Had? What do you mean had?”
“They're gone. Back to the Human World, I'm sorry to say,”
“What? No, they couldn't have!”
“Yes they have. But you, unlike them, will be staying here,”
“No I'm not!”
Yomi didn't bother answering Bakura. He just smiled. But then stopped. He noticed that Bakura's cheeks were a bit flushed and he looked very tired. Perhaps he's getting sick?
“Do you feel okay, Bakura?”
“Yes, why wouldn't I?”
“Because you look a bit ill. Are you sure?”
“Yes! Didn't you hear me the first time?!
“Okay, okay Bakura. You're tired. Back to bed. Lay down,”
“No I'm not! I've been in bed all day! And I'm fine!”
“I don't care. Lay down anyway. The last thing I is for you to become ill,”
Bakura was pushed back down and he gave a strong “huff” in protest and pouted a bit. This was not going too good. Ryou was back in the Human world…again. And worst then that he was with Kurama. And even worst then that, he really did feel like hell. His head hurt, his chest hurt, he was sore all over and he felt like throwing up. Great, of all times. He was getting sick and he had only been a mortal for what, less then a day? Yup. If that didn't suck, what did? And this also meant that Ryou was getting sick as well.
“Whatever…” sighed Bakura as he laid back down. He really didn't mind that. It felt nice to be able to rest.
“And I'll tell Shura not to bother you, get some rest, itooshi,”
Bakura didn't respond. He had already fallen asleep under the coolness of the sheets he was under. But he would have much more preferred something a bit warmer because he felt unbelievably cold.
 
With Jin and Touya**************************************************
 
Karasu stepped back from the place where the portal once was. He turned swiftly and kept his face towards the ground and walked up the steps to the main doors and disappeared. Jin and Touya stood there dumbfounded of what they both had just witnessed in such a short amount of time. Jin was the first to move after Karasu had left.
“Well, I don' know `bout you, but I'm gonna go to see the kind old man,” said Jin as he turned back to the forest.
“Oh no you aren't!” Said Touya while snapping out of his staring spell.
“Why not?! He's a perfectly nice old man, and besides, I told he I'd visit him everyday! And Jin here is no liar!”
“Jin trust me, you don't want to. I think you're a bit naïve right now,”
“Fine, fine. But don't cha forget who led ya'll out of dat forest!”
“I know. I won't. Karasu did,”
“What?! That's not true! And ya know it! I did!”
“I don't think so,”
“Wha! I did, I did, I did! Aww, this is no fun!”
“Haha, yes it is. Better then hearing you talk about that forever,”
“Fine! Let's go, already! I'm tired…and I at least want to say hi ta the old man!”
“No…I don't think we should leave…”
“Wha? Why not?”
“Because, Jin. I think…I think we should go and see if Karasu is okay,”
“Okay? No know he's not, after all that just happened!”
“Yeah, I know, but-,”
“Touya! Listen to reason! Karasu is a Lord of the Demon World. Do ya think he wants ta talk to us?! No, not in a time like dis! I think he…he needs time alone,”
Touya knew Jin was right. For once he said something sensible. Karasu probably would like some time alone. It wasn't have been hard for him to give up someone he loved so much.
“Ok, Jin, you're right,”
Jin started walking off in one direction, and Touya in another. But then Touya noticed that Ji wasn't following him. He turned around to see Jin walking in the opposite direction.
“Jin!? Where are you going? It's this way,”
“I know! I want ta go and see that kind old man! I told ya!
“Jin,” groaned Touya, but he followed Jin.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for the reviews!
And thanks for reading! ^_^
 
(And by the way, I've decided to continue! Yup, of course Alexis helped he with that decision, haha. Thanks!)
 
^