Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ An Ill Hikari and Yami ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 46:
 
With Karasu*******************************************************
 
Karasu laid in his large bed and stared at the ceiling. He missed Kurama dearly. He often woke and found him self at his door to go check on Kurama, but remembered that he was no longer with him. There were even times where he found himself in Kurama's room and in his bed. Most of the time he would stay in there for a few more moments to take in the scent of Kurama's hair that was still on the pillows.
In the morning was no better. He felt like a part of him was ripped out. He didn't even want to work or eat or anything, he didn't want to go onward in time. No, he wanted to go backwards. He wanted to see Kurama again. He wanted to wake up next to him…but he knew that couldn't happen. It shouldn't happen. And he knew he could bring Kurama back…but he wouldn't. If Kurama was content that was all that mattered. Kurama was the most important thing to him, he needed him to be happy or nothing else would matter…as long as he was happy.
 
With Kurama*******************************************************
 
Kurama woke up that morning and wondered where he was. Then once again remembered that he was at his home, not Karasu's. The first thing he had to do that morning was go and see Yusuke and the others. He was pretty sure that they would want to know what went on while he was with Karasu. Of course he wouldn't tell them everything that was for sure. They would surely try to kill him if they found out he slept with him, even if nothing happened.
So Kurama got up from bed and got dressed, brushed his hair, etc. After he was done he walked into Ryou's room. That's when he noticed something was wrong. Ryou was totally flushed on his face and was sweating and thrashing in his sleep. Kurama walked over to his bed and sat down quickly. After that he shook Ryou to wake him up. Ryou quickly awoke with a gasp. He bolted up and looked around.
“Ryou, what's wrong?” Asked Kurama gently.
“I-I don't know. I-I don't feel very well at all…”
“Shh. It's okay Ryou. Where's it hurt?”
“Everywhere, Kurama,”
“Oh…that's not very good. Do you think…you're going to vomit or something?”
Ryou nodded shyly and looked down at his blankets. Kurama got up from the bed and walked over to get a wastebasket. He placed it by Ryou's bedside. Kurama could tell that Ryou really didn't feel well at all.
“It's going to be okay, Ryou. I'm going to run to town and get some medicine for you, okay? I was going to town anyway, I'll pick something up for you,”
“Thank you, K-Kurama,” said Ryou unfocusedly.
“Just try and get some sleep while I'm gone, and don't get out of bed, okay?”
“Okay…” said Ryou sleepily while laying back down.
Kurama tucked Ryou in warmly and cracked a window to let some fresh air in. But he made sure that the window wasn't too open, just to make sure no one tries to get in. With little Ryou sick like this he would never stand a chance with an intruder, he couldn't even if he was well. Ryou was just the kind of boy that didn't really do well with protecting himself, but he would do anything to protect others.
So Kurama left, after making sure all the windows (except Ryou's that was on the second floor) and doors were locked securely. He then started walked to the nearest drug store. It wasn't too far away from his home, considering the fact that it was about a block from his home. When he walked he looked around, but then decided to ask an employee for help, he really didn't know much about this stuff.
“Umm…Excuse me, ma'am?”
“Yes, how may I help you?” Said a young lady wearing a red vest with the logo of the store printed on it.
“I'm not too good with medicines and I have a very sick little boy at my home. He said he pretty much hurts everywhere. What should I give him?”
“Let's see…how young of a boy is he?”
“About thirteen years of age,”
“Ok, then you should probably give him some Advil or Aleve, it should stop head aches and that sort of stuff,”
“Ok, that would be great,” said Kurama as he followed the lady to the front counter.
When they got to the front the lady pulled out a couple of bottles and put them in a ordinary brown bag and handed it to Kurama with a smile. Kurama gave a nod and smiled back. The then paid for the pills and left the store. He knew now he had to go to the Spirit World to talk to Koenma and the others. It didn't take him long to come to the front gates of the large building of Spirit World. He walked in and walked down the extensive hall until he came to two smaller doors. He walked into those and came into a very busy room or ogres. It the words of Yusuke it looked like the stock exchange of the Spirit World. Then a blue ogre ran up to Kurama with a lot of papers in his hands.
“Mr. Kurama? Is that you? Haven't seen you here in a long time! Mr. Koenma would want to see you this instant! He's been looking all over for you!”
“Yes, I bet he would like to see me. I'll go right now,” said Kurama calmly.
Kurama walked a little longer to another door. This one he knew was Koenma's office. He knew he was in for it. He could hear everyone in there. Hiei, Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Koenma. So without another second he entered the room slowly. Everyone looked at him in surprise. Kurama couldn't meet their eyes. He felt terrible for leaving the way he did.
“Looks like Kurama's back,” said Koenma.
“Yes…yes I am. And I'm…I'm sorry for leaving like that. But I had no choice at the time,”
“What…what do you mean? Did Karasu really force you to live him?” Asked Yusuke.
Kurama bit his lip, but then spoke. “No…he didn't. But I did need to stay in the Demon World for some time,”
“Why? I mean…you are human, aren't you?”
“Because I have met a young boy who…who has something to do with my past and he needed to spend time there and I wasn't going to let him do it alone,”
“Did Karasu do anything to you while you were with him, Kurama?” Asked Kuwabara protectively.
“No…no he didn't. He didn't want to. He told me…that he didn't want to hurt me…and that's why he let me go. Because he told me he wanted me to be happy,” finished Kurama sadly.
“But…that doesn't make sense! Karasu is dead! I know it! I finished his papers a long time ago! And…and why would he care for you? I thought he wanted to kill you?” Said a very frantic Koenma.
“You should probably re-check your files because he's very much alive. And why he loves me…I don't know,”
“Whether he loves you or not I still don't trust him,” said Yusuke.
Kurama nodded and looked towards him. Kurama let a smile onto his saddened face.
“So…I heard of a new threat?” Said Kurama, trying to change the mood.
“Yes! Why yes there is!” Said Koenma as Yusuke rolled his eyes. “There is a plot to end the world and I need you guys to stop it, but it's not going to be easy,”
“Are there any leads?”
“Well…er…no. But you should look for anything out of the ordinary,”
“Wow…you're more vague then Botan,”
“I'll take that as a complement, Yusuke,”
“Whatever you say, Toddler,”
“Yusuke! I'm not a toddler! For the last time!”
“Yeah, yeah. Well I'm leaving. I'll look for anything unusual,”
“You do that,” pouted Koenma.
After Yusuke and Kuwabara left only Koenma, Kurama, and Hiei were left in the room. Koenma looked at both of them suspiciously, but sighed and got up.
“I'll leave for a while. I need to go finish some more paper work,”
Koenma got from his chair and walked over to the door. He gave Kurama one more look before leaving the room. Then only Kurama and Hiei were left in the room. A few minuets went by. Hiei continued to lean against the wall and look at the ground. Kurama stood nervously at the door. Soon he couldn't take the silence any longer.
“Hiei…listen. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything back there,”
“What do you mean Kurama? It's obvious that you love him back…and I have no problem with that. I surely don't like Karasu, but he does seem to care for you a lot,”
“But I thought-,”
“Don't even try and think, baka no Kitsune. Every time you do look what happens,” Kurama was in shock of what Hiei had just said, but lightened up a lot when he saw Hiei give a small smile.
“It's just the part of me losing to him that gets me,”
“Well Hiei. He is a Lord of the Demon World,”
“Yeah…so?”
Kurama gave a small chuckle and walked over to Hiei. He looked up to him with a smile. He really missed having Kurama around. Being stuck with Kuwabara is nightmare.
“And you thought I was going to let you leave without a fight? Like I said, if I have to be stuck Yusuke and Kuwabara so do you,”
“Should we go help Yusuke and Kuwabara look for clues of what might be going on?”
“We both know they're at the arcade, let's forget about it for now,”
“Right, Hiei,” Laughed Kurama.
“Hey…what's that you have there?” Asked Hiei while pointing to the little brown bag that Kurama was holding.
Kurama let out a small gasp. He had forgotten about Ryou. Ryou was sick and he needed Kurama right now. So Kurama looked at Hiei and let out a worried sigh.
“It's Ryou. I'm afraid he's sick…I need to get his medicine to him. Would you like to come?”
Hiei gave a small nod and followed Kurama out the door. They walked in silence for a while. After they walked a few blocks…well…Kurama walked, Hiei said he'd meet him there. When Kurama got there Hiei was sitting by the door waiting for him. Kurama smiled and took out his keys and fumbled with them for a moment to find his house key. Once he did he shoved it into the lock and opened the door. Kurama walked in and held the door open for Hiei. Hiei walked in a sat down on a chair.
“So, where is he?”
“Up-stairs. I'll go check on him,”
Hiei got comfortable on the chair as Kurama climbed the stairs. Kurama walked over to Ryou's door and slowly opened it. Inside the room Ryou was sleeping soundly while hugging his pillow cutely. Kurama took a moment to watch Ryou in his sleep. He hadn't changed all that much. But he didn't want to wake him, so he placed the brown bag on the nightstand and walked back downstairs. Downstairs Hiei wasn't doing much, every now and then he would glace out the window and that was it.
“How is he?”
“He sleeping, I hope he'll be okay,”
“Yes, so I do, but hoping can only do so much, do you know what's wrong with him?”
“No…no I don't. But I'll have to find out soon,”
“But I'll have to find out soon,”
“You should soon. Human sicknesses aren't always that complicated,”
“Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't,”
ataqeij bwori goejg iot oer o oer oirj re ri roir ert er r teyer re
“Well, I have to go now. I'll talk to you later Kurama,”
“Okay. Bye Hiei,”
Kurama gave Hiei a wave as he walked over to the door and left silently. He never left any trace that he was somewhere. He was always swift and quiet in a way that humans and many demons couldn't be.
After a few minuets after Hiei left Kurama relaxed on the chair and sighed. He would have to do a lot of thinking. He had to find out what was wrong with Ryou. But who would he ask? Then suddenly he spotted a large black crow watching him from a tree in his yard. Then one name came to his mind. Karasu. And that crow looked different. Kurama could that it was one of Karasu's crows! It was the same one he had seen when he first went to the Demon World.
So without wasting a moment Kurama got up as fast as he could and ran out of the house. He was going to catch that crow. He had to. But once he got out the crow started flying off, but it wasn't going to get away that easily. Kurama ran after it, but soon he was on the main street and it was hard to follow, but he did. But the bird was starting to fly higher and higher, this wasn't good. So Kurama did the only thing he could, he ran on top of a bench and jumped to get the crow. And surprisingly, he did. HE had the crow in his arms, how he had to just get home. That's when he noticed everyone was looking at him. It must be quite strange when you see a boy chasing a crow on Main Street. Kurama did his best to hide the cawing crow, but that only made him louder. Kurama noticed more heads turning towards him and whispers through the crowd. Kurama bit his lip and started back towards his home, stay there wasn't going to help much. Once he was at his home he hurriedly opened the door and went to the kitchen. HE fumbled over to the table and put the crow on the table. Once he let go it go it started pecking at him wildly. Kurama let out a gasp and withdrew his hand. The crow let out another high `caw' and came at Kurama. This time it didn't peck Kurama, it bit him quite hard. Kurama was getting a bit tired of this. He had to think of something or it would kill him before he got to even talk to Karasu.
“Please stop, you're hurting me,” said Kurama as he rubbed his hand.
Suddenly the crow stopped when he saw Kurama's face. Instead of trying to escape the bird stood still on the table. This pleased Kurama very much. Maybe he would be able to talk to the crow…if it could understand.
“Now…you're one of Karasu's crows aren't you?”
The crow gave a small nod. That was a very good thing. That meant he understood Kurama. Kurama would be able to talk to Karasu and ask him a question about Ryou. But should he? Kurama remembered perfectly well how hurt Karasu looked when he left. Maybe talking to him would hurt him more, but what choice does he have? Karasu would probably know what was wrong with Ryou.
“Do you know who I am?” Asked Kurama.
Once again the bird gave a slight nod.
“Can you give him a message for me?” Asked Kurama while starting to stroke the crows head softly.
The crow started to coo softly and nodded. This was good. This was really pure luck. This would be the only way for Kurama to talk to him. He didn't even know where Karasu lived.
“Okay…can you give him a note for me?”
The crow once again nodded his head. Kurama now had to write a note. Not something big, but something that would get to the point and tell Karasu the message. Kurama went to go look for and pen and paper and came back with them to the table. Then he started writing:
Dear Karasu,
It has been a long time since I've last seen you…not really, but it feels like it. I have a problem and I think I might need your help, please. Something is wrong with Ryou and I don't know what, can you please help me? I don't want anything to happen to him and I'm afraid he…he won't recover, but if you don't want to help me that's okay. I'm sure you're very busy and all. But it would also be nice to see you again, too.
 
Yours truly,
Kurama
 
Kurama picked up the letter and held it. Then he took a small piece of string and tied it to the crow's claw. That's when he noticed that there was a small scroll tied to its claw. Kurama looked at it for a moment then went to take it off. He knew that he shouldn't do it, but he needed to. But once Kurama made a move for it the crow jumped upwards and flew towards the ceiling.
“Can I please see it?” Asked Kurama kindly. But the bird did not seem to want Kurama to see it. The crows must be loyal to Karasu.
“Okay. I won't try to read it. Please come down,”
The crow flew downwards to Kurama and landed on his arm. Kurama smiled and gave it another pet. Kurama for some reason felt like he should do something for the crow since it was helping him. Then it hit him. He went into his kitchen and took out a cracker and held it to the bird.
“Now, this is for you. I want you to tell Karasu. Don't you forget,” said Kurama with some sternness in his tranquil voice.
The crow happily took it in his beak and then Kurama brought it over to the window and let it fly away. Hopefully Karasu would be able to help…
 
With Karasu*******************************************************
 
“Hmm, it's taking an awfully long time for my little crow to return. All I asked him to do was give a letter, couldn't be that hard,”
Suddenly Karasu saw something approaching, it was the crow. Karasu smiled, it was about time. But then he still saw a piece of paper tied to his claw. Hadn't he given the message? This displease Karasu quite a bit, he needed that paper delivered today and no later. One the crow landed on the sill of the window Karasu was near he gave the crow a distasteful look.
“How hard is it to deliver a letter?” Asked Karasu angrily.
The crow gave a long `caw' and started to peck at the string that tied it to his foot. That's when Karasu noticed that it wasn't his paper that he had given to his little messenger. The paper was from the human world! Karasu could tell by the string it was tied on with, string that could only be found in the human world. Karasu took the note off the crow and unrolled it slowly.
“What's this?”
Dear Karasu,
It has been a long time since I've last seen you…not really, but it feels like it. I have a problem and I think I might need your help, please. Something is wrong with Ryou and I don't know what, can you please help me? I don't want anything to happen to him and I'm afraid he…he won't recover, but if you don't want to help me that's okay. I'm sure you're very busy and all. But it would also be nice to see you again, too.
 
Yours truly,
Kurama” read Karasu out loud.
“My kitsune misses me? And wants my help?” Thought Karasu.
“I'm leaving for a while. I think I should go check on my kitsune, now,” said Karasu as he left.
 
With Kurama*******************************************************
 
Kurama sat by Ryou's bedside and stroked his hair softly.