Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Sick ( Chapter 46 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 47: Sick
 
With Bakura*******************************************************
Bakura awoke with a pounding headache in the middle of the night. His eyes slowly opened and he looked around. He was still in the same room. He was still with Yomi. That meant it wasn't a dream. He grabbed his head in order to stop the pain, but only made it worst. There was no way he was going to fall back asleep now. He took his covers off and put his feet on the ground. He stood up slowly; the floor seemed to spin as he wobbled on it with unsteady legs. He slowly made his way to his door. If there was a good time to leave, it was at night. Hopefully everyone was asleep, but he knew that everyone couldn't be asleep, so he'd have to be careful.
Once he opened the door he peered down the dark hall that was lit by candles that lined the wall. He started to walk out; it felt that at any moment his legs would give out. He had to hold to the wall to support himself. After a while of walking he thought he heard someone behind him. He turned, but no one was there, so continued. But right when he turned around some one behind him grabbed him around the waist and pulled him towards a solid chest. Bakura let out a gasp and tried to see who it was, but to no luck.
“Sneaking out of bed in the late hours, are we? You should know better, Bakura,” said a voice from behind him.
“Yomi! Let go…” said Bakura, but he was too weak to say anything else.
“Let's get you back in bed and we'll talk tomorrow,”
Yomi picked Bakura up and started carrying him back towards his room. Bakura felt sicker and sicker. He didn't want to tell Yomi, earthier. Who knows what would happen then? Soon Bakura was in his bed again. That's when he saw a door in his room that sort of looked like a bathroom. Once Yomi let go of him Bakura sprinted past him and ran to the door. When he opened it he was relived to see that it was a bathroom. He ran over to the toilet and opened the lid and started spilling his guts into it. Yomi walked up to him and pulled his hair out of the soiled water and rubbed his back tenderly. Soon Bakura stopped and sat down and slouched against a wall. Yomi stared in shock at him.
“Don't feel very well?”
“No…no I don't,” said Bakura in a raspy voice.
“That's okay…lets go clean you up and we'll see what's wrong then”
“What? No! I'm fine the way I am”
“No you're not. Look at your hair, there's vomit in it. You're certainly not going to sleep in that,”
Bakura let out a groan of protest as he felt himself being lifted. Bakura dosed on and off out of sleep as he felt himself being carried. Then he was in a large room. It was warm in there and the air was wet. He felt himself being settled down. Then next thing he felt he didn't like at all. He felt his shirt coming off. This immediately woke him up.
“What in the seven hells do you think you're doing!?”
“Taking off your clothes,”
“I don't think so!” Yelled Bakura while moving away from him, but was stopped by Yomi.
“Well, I think so. Now stop moving,”
“No! Get off me!”
But Bakura was too weak to even try to fight. He had just thrown up a quarter of his body weight and was very cold at the moment. Bakura felt his shirt being pulled off completely. The hotness of the air against his cool skin sent chills up his spine. Then he felt Yomi start taking off his pants. Bakura protested a bit, but it didn't take long to take those off either. Then Yomi stopped. He decided to let Bakura keep his boxers on at least. He knew that Bakura would never look at him again if he did something like that, but that didn't mean that he would never do it.
After he set aside Bakura's clothes, he picked Bakura up and put him in a hot pool of water. Bakura let out a gasp when he felt it against his skin. When Bakura was sitting down in it completely the water reached his neck. Then he felt Yomi start to wet his hair and start washing it. Bakura couldn't take it anymore. He fell into a deep, deep sleep.
When Bakura awoke, he was back in his bed. But he still felt horrible. Then he remembered what had happen that night. He swore out loud and scowled. How could he have let that happen? Well…he was pretty sick that night. Then he noticed that he wasn't wearing the same thing he had before, now he was wearing white cotton pajamas and his hair was washed, dried and brushed. He didn't like this, not at all. He wanted out, not this. But he had to admit that it did help him feel better a bit, and he really didn't want to go to bed with vomit in his hair. Then he saw the door open and Yomi walked in with a grin on his face.
“I thought you told me you were feeling fine yesterday when I asked you, didn't you?”
“I was,”
“No you weren't. I could sense that you felt ill,”
“Well fine! I lied,”
“That's what I thought. Now…”
Yomi took out a few something from a leather pouch and held it up to Bakura. It was some sort of plant. It was green, and had many small leaves covering it. Bakura growled and turned away.
“You're going to have to eat this,”
“Not on your life,”
“Well, it's not. It's on yours. Now open up,”
Bakura clamped his mouth closed and turned away. Yomi looked a bit angry at first, but then smiled. If Bakura wasn't going to listen, he would just have to make him listen. Yomi grabbed Bakura's chin roughly and forced his mouth open and shoved the plant in and closed his mouth. Bakura tried to open his mouth, but Yomi was too strong for him. But Bakura didn't swallow, he could sit like that for hours and never swallow, and Yomi soon caught on to that. Then he blocked Bakura's nose so he wouldn't be able to breathe if he didn't swallow. Bakura's eyes widened at this, would he really do that? After three minuets the answer was yes. Bakura swallowed and Yomi let go of him. Bakura gasped for air coughed.
“What the heck is wrong with you!?”
“With me? Nothing, nothing at all. If you don't want to take your medicine then I'll just have to use force with you, understand?”
“No…”
“Oh? And why not?”
“Because I don't want to, fool!”
“Really? I could have never guessed. But that's okay. You're just grumpy because you haven't eaten anything yet today. When was the last time you ate?”
“Five-thousand years ago, I just got this body yesterday,”
“That's not very good. I'll call a servant to bring you something this moment. Is there anything you like?”
“Raw stake,”
“What? It's not healthy for someone like you to eat that whether you're sick or not. If you can't be reasonable then you'll have to eat what I give you,”
“Make me…”
“You want me to make you eat? I'd be glad to, but I'm not quite sure if you'll approve of my ways,”
Bakura let out a small growl and looked away from his captor. It was going to be a long time until he could try to leave again. He couldn't even move that well right now, much less would he be able to escape from this place.
 
With Kurama*******************************************************
 
“Karasu?”
Kurama opened the door completely. He looked wide-eyed at Karasu. He knew he had asked him to come, but he couldn't believe that he really did. But then he noticed something…why was he wearing his mask again? He said he didn't need it, didn't he?”
“Yes? Who else were you expecting, my fox?”
“No one, but I just can't believe you came, I mean, I thought you have to stay in the Demon World since you're a Demon Lord,”
“Nonsense. I can roam wherever I please, Kurama. I only have to go back to the Demon World if, you know, duty calls,”
“Oh…I didn't know that part,”
“Well…you called me here because Ryou is not feeling well? He's ill?”
“Yes…yes he is. And I don't understand why and he's getting worst fast,”
Karasu smiled. Kurama was so worried about Ryou. Of course it wasn't the part of Ryou being sick that was funny, it was the fact that Kurama was so nervous. Kurama was one of those people who would never show too much emotion. But Karasu had to understand; he knew how much Ryou means to him.
“Let me take a look at him and then I'll see what I can do,”
Kurama gave a small nod and led Karasu upstairs to Ryou's room. Karasu quietly followed and took time to look around Kurama's home. It's true that he had been in it many times before. He'd come in to just watch Kurama sometimes, but Kurama really didn't need to know that. Soon they were at Ryou's door. Kurama slowly opened the door and let Karasu in. Karasu walked in and walked up to the bed. He saw that Ryou really was sick. He was breathing heavily and thrashing a bit.
Karasu turned to Kurama and looked at his bothered expression. He then reached for something. He took out a small vile of some sort of silvery liquid and looked at it. He took Kurama's hand in his own and put the vile in it and closed it for him.
“Give him this. It will calm him down. I would give it to him myself, but I know how you are about this,” smiled Karasu.
“What is it?” Asked Kurama seriously as he held it up to the light.
“Just something to calm him down. It shouldn't be too harsh on him. Overall, it should help him get better,”
Kurama pocketed the silvery vile and looked at Karasu. Karasu looked back at Kurama.
“Thank you, Karasu,”
“You're welcome, itooshi. Now, I guess I'll leave now. He should be okay,”
“What? You're leaving? But you just got here,”
“I know, Kurama. Do you want me to stay?”
“Well…I wouldn't mind,”
“Very well, I'll stay with you for a bit,”
“Okay, how about we go downstairs and let Ryou rest?”
Karasu nodded and followed Kurama down the stairs. Kurama led Karasu into the living room and sat him down on the couch. Kurama sat himself on a chair across from the couch. Suddenly he couldn't believe what he had just done. Had he just asked Karasu to stay with him?!
“So, Karasu…how have things been?” Said Kurama, trying to start a conversation because Karasu seemed to be going nowhere.
“Normal…good. I've been of course wandering the same for you, do you mind sharing also?”
“No, no I don't. I've been good too,” said Kurama nervously; he was hoping that Karasu would say just a bit more. “I've talked to the others and they understand. But I'm sorry to say that they still aren't very fond of you,”
“That's okay, love. All I care about is how you feel. I couldn't care less about the people you associate with,”
“Well…er…thank you, I think…”
Karasu smiled and leaned forward towards Kurama. He clasped his hands together and looked at Kurama in his eyes. He wanted to ask him something now. But he wasn't very sure how Kurama would react to it.
“Your friends…when you told them…were they angry at you?”
“No, no, of course not. Hiei wasn't even angry. Why do you ask?”
A wave of disappointment passed over Karasu's face. He was hoping that they were mad at him. Then it would make Kurama want to go back to him, but he could see that that wasn't going to happen that soon. Kurama seemed very content here, and that's all that mattered.
“Well…that's good. I'm glad,” Said Karasu while putting on a fake smile behind his mask.
“Oh, and Karasu?”
“Yes, my kitsune?”
“Why are you still wearing your mask? I thought you didn't need it,”
“I don't really know. It's an old habit I guess. So I just continue it,”
“Oh…I see,”
“Yes…well…I should be going now, Kurama,”
“Okay, Karasu…”'
They both got up and walked over towards the door. Karasu opened it and then started walking out, but then Kurama remembered something. How was he suppose to get to Karasu if something bad happens to Ryou? There was a slim chance that he would find another crow, and he didn't want to have to go catch one on Main Street again.
“Wait, Karasu,”
“Yes?” Said Karasu while turning around towards Kurama.
“How will I be able to talk to you again? You know…if something happens to Ryou after I give him that,”
“Don't worry, itooshi. I'll come by every now and then to check on you…er…Ryou,”
“Okay…well, goodbye then,” Said Kurama with a smile.
“Goodbye, love” said Karasu as he wrapped his arms around Kurama and gave him a firm hug. Kurama flinched a moment, but then hugged him back.
After a few moments Karasu reluctantly let go of his fox. He took one last look at him before disappearing completely out of sight. Kurama looked around for a moment. Completely baffled by Karasu disappearing right in front of him, but why should he be? After all the strange things that had been happening to him. He walked back over to Ryou's room and opened the vile. He would have to hope this would work…
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you so much for the reviews!! I just found out yesterday that I could get anonymous reviews, haha, never really paid that much mind to my settings. So I now accept anonymous reviews!
Thanks for reading! ^_^