Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Gone ( Chapter 56 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 57: Gone
 
Kurama rolled over and looked at the window. The sun was shining on the horizon brilliantly. Kurama snuggled closer to Karasu's sleeping form that grunted softly in satisfaction and put arms around Kurama. But then something made it's way into Kurama's sleepy mind. Where was Ryou?! He didn't remember what he told Ryou and even if he did tell him anything! What would he think? What if he was fearful?
Kurama's eyes shot open and he turned his head to look at the clock on the nightstand. It was 6:15. He quickly got out of the arms that encircled him and sat up on the bed. This sudden movement woke Karasu. He looked towards Kurama and saw him getting up from the bed in a rush.
“Where are you off to? It's only,” Karasu looked at the clock and rubbed his eyes. “6:16”
“Ryou! Where is he?” Said Kurama while running to the door.
Kurama turned the handle, but it wasn't that much of a surprise that it didn't open. Karasu seemed to never want Kurama to leave; he always locked the room they were in when they were together. Kurama turned and looked at Karasu.
“L-let me out. I need to find Ryou. What if something bad happened to him?! What if Itsuki-,”
“Quiet, Kurama. You don't have to worry. Ryou's fine. And did you forget that nothing could get him while he's in the house? And that he can't get out even if he wanted to?”
“Oh…yes. I forgot,” Said Kurama while regaining his tranquil voice, a bit mortified of the way he was acting.
“Then there's no rush, is there?”
“Well…I was sort of hoping to get back to Ryou soon…you know. To make sure he's okay,”
“You fret far too much, love. But, if you feel you absolutely must see him, I'll bring you,”
“Thank you,” Said Kurama with a curt nod.
“Think nothing of it. You'd go back sooner later, you just seemed to pick sooner then later,” said Karasu while looking over to the clock that now read 6:25 AM.
“Okay, fine then. I'm ready to go now,”
Suddenly there was a bight blaze in Kurama's mind! What was happening?! Was this a ruse or something?! Then Kurama opened his eyes and saw that he was in his room again sitting on his bed. He should know by now to trust Karasu. It has been about two months that he could.
Kurama got up from his bed and walked over to the door. He wanted to go check on Ryou. He knew that he would be okay…wouldn't he? Panic struck Kurama, what if he wasn't okay? What would he do then?! It would be his entire fault!
Kurama quickly ran into Ryou's room and looked at the bed. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw Ryou. Ryou was still asleep and tucked in carefully and warmly. Wait…who tucked him in?! It certainly wasn't him! Oh no…what if it was Itsuki…but he couldn't get in. Then a thought came to Kurama's head. Karasu? He was probably the one to do this. He had told Kurama that he would never harm something or someone he loves and holds dear. He mustn't have wanted Ryou to be frightened while he was alone.
“Aw, so sweet,” Thought Kurama kindly. “I guess…he's not bad. He's changed a lot,”
Kurama sat down next to Ryou and gazed at him. He was so much more innocent then his counter part “Bakura.” Wait…where was he anyway? He hadn't seen him at all since he had disappeared. What had become of him? Did he know that Ryou has found out? Maybe he's…dead? Nah, he couldn't kill a spirit…could he? Well, wishful thinking, anyway.
Kurama gently nudged at Ryou's shoulder in an attempt to wake him. But Ryou did not move.
“Ryou? Ryou it's time to wake-,” Suddenly Kurama stopped. He could probably let Ryou sleep a little longer because it was only 6:45. Kurama got up and slowly left the room. He should probably start breakfast. So he went downstairs and went to the kitchen. He took out a few eggs and made sunny-side-up eggs. (A/N: I won't go through all the trouble of telling you how he made them, this is a fanfic not a cookbook! Haha) After he was completely done he looked at the clock, it read: 7:30. He decided that was the time to wake Ryou up.
He walked upstairs and quietly opened the door the led to Ryou's room. He once again sat down on his bed and shook Ryou. Ryou stirred, but refused to wake.
“Ryou, time to wake up,” said Kurama softly. Ryou still didn't wake. “Ryou?” Ryou turned over on his side to face the wall and groaned.
“Kuramaaaa…it's too early to get up,”
“Nonsense. Come and eat breakfast, Ryou,”
Ryou groaned tiredly and got up from the bed. He almost fell off if it wasn't for the fact that Kurama was helping him sit up. He then rubbed his eyes and yawned. He looked up to Kurama with large tired brown eyes with curiosity. Kurama put an arm around Ryou.
“How'd you sleep last night?”
“Good…you?” Sid Ryou while stretching.
“Um…well…good, I guess. But come on, let's go eat before it gets bitter,”
Ryou nodded cheerily and got up from the bed. It didn't take him long to wake up. But soon he began to wonder, where had Kurama been that night? Once they were both sitting at the table Ryou once again looked up to Kurama.
“Where were you last night, Kurama?” Said Ryou while cocking his head to one side inquisitively. “Were you with Karasu?”
Kurama was speechless for a moment. How had Ryou found out? But…he had to understand that Ryou was not as naïve as he led himself onto be. “Yes…” answered Kurama gradually. “Why do you ask?”
“I don't know. I was just curious today, I guess,” said Ryou while looking down at his food and starting to eat.
“Oh…by any chance, does that bother you? You know, me and Karasu, Ryou?”
Ryou looked up from his plate in aghast. “Of course not! I just wanted to know! Please don't tell Karasu I brought this up, Kurama!” Pleaded Ryou desperately.
A sudden surge of anger passed through Kurama. Had Karasu made Ryou feel threatened? Had he threatened him? Did he hurt him? Oh, if Karasu had done anything to Ryou he would pay dearly…
“Why not? Did he do anything to you?” Asked Kurama in a calm voice while standing up from the table, but Ryou could tell that he was livid.
Ryou quickly got up from the table in fear. Had he gotten Kurama angry with him?! Ryou started shaking his head hysterically. “No, I-I'm sorry! Please don't be mad! I-I,” Ryou stopped and quickly turned towards the door. He quickly ran towards it and grabbed the knob, for some strange reason he had a fear, no not a fear, a phobia of getting Kurama upset and an even bigger terror with Karasu.
“Ryou!” Shouted Kurama in surprise. He hadn't remembered Ryou ever acting like this…what was wrong with him? But before he could think of something he saw Ryou stop at the door, he couldn't move. Karasu's wards were working perfectly. Kurama slowly approached Ryou and laid a hand on his shoulder, but as soon as he was with him, Ryou darted out the door! The wards didn't work when Kurama with him. What has his sudden fury just done?
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^