Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Next ( Chapter 57 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 58:
 
Kurama stared at the door with an open mouth. What had just happened? Did Ryou think he was upset with him? He wasn't! It…it must have come out wrong or something.
Kurama walked through the doorway in shock and looked around. Ryou was nowhere to be found. He must have been running fast. Kurama looked up to the now cloudy sky and took notice that it would soon rain. He bit his lip and closed his eyes. He had to find out where Ryou went. Then a horrid thought came to his mind. What…what if Itsuki found him before he did! No…that wouldn't happen…it couldn't! A choking feeling of panic over came Kurama as he grabbed his coat of a rack near the door and darted out without even locking the door.
The sound of his shoes hitting the cement street echoed in the air loudly. His head rushed from side to side, looking everywhere on the streets. He was just nowhere. Kurama slowly slowed down and stopped in the middle of the road. He could tell that running around aimlessly would do nothing except gain the curious stares of passer-bys. He put his head in his hands and groaned. This was his fault; if he had just stayed calm Ryou would have never done something so rash as to runaway. He didn't understand what could happen if he is found…he'd just have to hope Ryou didn't have to find out the hard way. Kurama closed his eyes and grinded his teeth together in frustration. Where could he look? Then something hit him. The Park, maybe? It was a good start. He had to get going. He had to find him before someone else did…
 
Just outside the Central Park*************************************************
 
Ryou ran as fast as he could with tears streaming down his cheeks, after a while his legs became weary and he slowly down to a jog. He slowly approached a large Sakura tree and sat down under it. He pulled his knees close and put his head in his hands. What was he going to do now? He couldn't go back! He just couldn't. There was no telling what `t Kurama might do. The only thing he didn't know was that Kurama wasn't angry with him! He had the whole thing backwards. Kurama wouldn't get angry at him for such of thing as feeling uncomfortable with Karasu. Heck, who did feel comfortable with him?! He isn't really the most…comfortable person in the world; he was actually a bit on the scary side to most. But Ryou knew none of this.
Ryou kept crying and had no idea that he was being watched. Unfortunately for Ryou, this man knew who Ryou was and knew who wanted him. He knew this was the perfect time to get him. He was, obviously, vulnerable and weak at the moment, and better yet, no Kurama in sight.
He approached Ryou cautiously and stood by the tree and watched him cry for a few moments. It was easy to see why so many would give an arm and a leg to get him to themselves. He slowly crouched down and put an arm around him. This startled him made him jump. Ryou's eyes widened as he looked at the man sitting next to him.
“Are you okay?” He asked in false kindness.
Ryou rubbed the tears out of his eyes and looked at the man. “Y-yeah…I'm fine…”
“It doesn't look like that. Why don't you come with me for a while? We can go for a walk,”
“I don't know. Don't you have to go back to work?” Said Ryou while closely examining the doctor's uniform he was wearing.
“No, no, no. I can take the rest of the day off. I'm sure nothing much will happen,”
“I don't think I should go. There's so something about this man that is not quite right,” Thought Ryou.
“No…I think I'm fine, but thank you for your concern,” said Ryou kindly with that famous smile. “I think I should be going now. I need to get home…or somewhere,”
Ryou started getting up from his spot under the tree, but was pulled back down by the man. Ryou fell against the hard trunk on the tree and quickly looked back to the man. The man was now wearing a smirk that gave Ryou a bad feeling. Ryou suddenly felt a sharp pain in his side. He quickly looked down to see a needle going into his side. He let out a gasp, but before he could yell everything went blurry and he felt lightheaded. The next thing he knew his head hit against the tree trunk again and everything went black.
 
Meanwhile******************************************************** *******
 
Kurama dashed throw the sidewalks, gracefully managing to not hit anyone. He would have to hope that Ryou was still there. He now knew he was there; he could sense Ryou's energy there. It wasn't long until he came to the park. He sensed Ryou everywhere by the old Sakura Tree, yet he was nowhere. But worst then that, he sensed the energy of something that was evil and had bad intentions, which meant he was too late. But still, not to late to save him! If he hurried he could still track him down.