Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Rained On (re-wrote) ( Chapter 58 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 59: Rained On
 
The rain had now begun to pour down heavily. There was now no one on the sidewalks; all were inside their homes safe from the storm that was quickly brewing. Kurama ran down the empty sidewalks swiftly and soon came to the south side of town where most of the empty warehouses were; they sat on a dock right above the rushing water of the sea. He felt Ryou's energy coming from the warehouse on the farthest side of the old wooden dock. The dock swayed with the harsh wind, a thought the dock collapsing crossed Kurama's mind for a second but without hesitation he ran onto the wooden platform towards the farthest end.
 
 
With Ryou***************************************************************
 
Ryou awoke with a foggy state of mind. He felt himself on a cold cement floor. He also found that his mouth was…wet? He lifted his head and found that he had been drooling quite a bit.
“It must have been something that man gave me,” Thought Ryou in a drugged state of mind when he felt his whole face was numb.
He lifted his head painfully and tried to wipe at the saliva coming from his mouth, but found his hands tied together with rope and the rope nailed to the ground. Ryou looked at the spike holding the rope down and pulled the rope greatly, but it did nothing but make his hands sore. He soon gave up and laid back down in defeat.
Suddenly a door opened. Ryou shot up, despite the pain in his back from lying on a cold stone floor. Then he heard a sinister chuckling.
“K-Kurama? I-is that you?”
“Nope,” Answered a mans voice. “Kurama's gone,”
“W-what do you mean gone?!” Cried Ryou.
“Dead,”
A sharp pain went through Ryou, but it somehow hurt mostly in his heart. This couldn't be true!
“H-how? B-but w-why!?”
The man quickly thought of something. “A car accident, I'm afraid. He was out looking for you, I guess,”
A stab of grief and guilt hit Ryou. He was sure this was all his fault. There was nothing he could do now…
Ryou managed to hide his head in his arms and cried. It wasn't long before he felt the man came up behind him. The doctor put an arm around Ryou and forced him to look at him.
“It will be okay. I know a good man who has an interest in you and would love for you to go with him. Now that Kurama's gone there's nothing stopping you,”
“No! I-I want Kurama!! No one else,” Yelled Ryou with tears streaming down his face. He let his face fall back to the floor.
“It's over. Kurama's gone. Itsuki will be-,”
Ryou's head shot up. “W-who?! No…no, I c-can't! You don't understand! You have to let me go! I don't-,”
A hand was firmly clasped over Ryou's mouth. “There's nothing you can do. Now are you going to come easy or will I have to medicate you,” He whispered in Ryou's ear.
Ryou sobbed at the reality and shook his head indicating a “yes.”
The man smiled and started pulling the spike out on the ground, but stopped when he heard a door open. He inwardly scowled and looked towards the door. To his disgust and fear he saw it was Kurama. Kurama stood there, soaked in rain. He stepped in, his footsteps echoed through out the warehouse. Ryou looked out slowly, expecting to see Itsuki, but when he saw it was Kurama he stopped crying completely. At first he was filled his joy, then shock, then worry. What if he was still upset?
“Kurama!” Shouted Ryou.
“Get your hands off him,” said Kurama in a sort of calm anger to the man.
The man took his arm off Ryou's shoulder and got up from the ground. “Oh, look who it is. It's Kurama. This is the one who chased you away, wasn't it, Ryou?”
Ryou looked up, but didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. Everything was…so confusing! Wasn't Kurama supposed to be dead? And since when was this men acting like his friend?
“Ryou…come here,”
Ryou looked to Kurama and then to the spike that held him down. “I…I can't” he said while pulling weakly on the rope. “Kurama…I don't feel very well at all,”
Kurama growled when he saw the state that Ryou was in, this man would surely pay for what he's done. Kurama walked up to Ryou and the man slowly while reaching into his hair. He pulled out a rose and it soon turned into a whip! Ryou let out a gasp. He had only seen this happen a few times.
“Step away from him,” Kurama ordered.
The man chuckled and the chuckled soon turned to a deranged laugh that echoed through the warehouse. “Why would I?”
“This is why!” Yelled Kurama.
Kurama ran charged at the man and cut a gash across his chest with his rose whip. The man took a few steps backwards a coughed up blood all over his white suit. Ryou tightly closed his eyes and let out a small whimper of fear. But soon the doctor stopped coughing up blood and once again started his psychotic laugh.
“That wasn't so bad,” he said with an evil smile.
“Oh really? Well…I was just getting warmed up. I like to get the feel of what I'm fighting before I really start,”
Kurama summoned a few vines that broke through the floor. They wrapped around the man's ankles and held him there, trapped.
“Get ready for the most painful death you can imagine,” Said Kurama as his eyes gave a sharp flash of gold.
“No! Kurama! Don't!” Yelled Ryou.
Kurama looked over to Ryou. Ryou was crying heavily and trying his best to break free from the rope that bound him to the ground.
“But Ryou-,”
Suddenly the ground began to sway. A terror hit Kurama's mind. The dock was giving way! It was going to collapse! Kurama ran over to Ryou. He had to forget the man for now; he had to untie Ryou before the whole thing sank, bringing Ryou with it! Kurama quickly knelt down and made a large blade of grass appeared from a seed. He cut the ropes with ease and picked Ryou up. Once again the ground swayed a trembled. But this time there was a large crash right outside. Kurama, with Ryou in his arms, ran out of the warehouse and looked around. To his horror he saw that the front of the dock, the part that led out, was broken off and now about a hundred feet below then being crushed by waves. Kurama looked in back of them and saw that the part they were standing on was going to fall at anytime. The rain quickened and began to pound on them, almost hard enough to bruise.
Suddenly with another crack of lightening, the part of the dock that they were on swayed for the last time and fell slowly into the sea. Kurama tried to hold on to Ryou, but the currant was stronger. It swept Ryou out to the sea!
“Ryou!!”
“Kura-,”
Ryou was pulled under on the currant. A wave of worry hit Kurama as hard as the waves of the sea were. He looked around and didn't see Ryou come up. Suddenly, he himself was pulled under by a crushing wave. Kurama struggled to stay afloat.
“Ryou?! Ryou?! Where are you?!” Yelled Kurama.
Suddenly he felt something brush against his head in a certain direction. He looked out and saw it was a crow! Kurama looked in the direction it went and saw Ryou! Well…he really just saw a mope of long white hair, but nonetheless it was Ryou.
Kurama swam over to his as fast as he could and grabbed on to him. The only problem was that he couldn't tell which way the shore was! He growled under his breath. He might be swimming right out to sea. Suddenly he felt something on his head? He looked up and squinted from the rain falling into his eyes. It was that crow again! Then an idea hit Kurama.
“Please…which way is to shore,” pleaded Kurama between pants to keep air in his lungs.
The crow let out a rather loud “Ca!” sound and flew behind him. Kurama smiled, at least now he knew which way was the “not out to sea” way. That was always a good thing. He started swimming in that direction. The rain took no mercy and beat down on them. But soon Kurama and Ryou were at the sandy shore. Kurama laid Ryou down on the shore and saw that he wasn't awake. Kurama bit his tongue. He took in a large amount of air and gave Ryou the routine CPR. Ryou stirred and a small smile made its way onto his lips. Kurama's eyes widened and he cocked an eyebrow. But he didn't have time for being suspicious right now; he had to get Ryou home. All because he was alive didn't mean he would stay that way. He gathered Ryou in his arms and started jogging home. His legs felt wobbly and his head hurt terribly. Once he was in his home he brought Ryou upstairs and quickly got him into a pair of dry clothes. After that he put him into bed once he saw that he was breathing normally. He smiled and went downstairs to lock the door before he got himself into dry clothes. But suddenly he heard a familiar voice.
Where were you?”
Kurama turned around to see Karasu standing behind him. He let out a gasp. “How the heck do you get in here all the time?” Hissed Kurama.
“Let's just say I have your house on the teleport speed-dial. And you didn't answer my question. Where were you? And why are you so wet?” Karasu said while gesturing to Kurama's attire.
“Well…I was certainly not taking a shower with my clothes on, I was outside,” said Kurama casually while locking the door.
“Outside? Why would you be outside in this weather?” Asked Karasu as if he already knew the answer, but just wanted to hear Kurama say it.
“…I was walking…” said Kurama was a sneeze.
“Walking? For some reason, I don't believe that. Why don't you try telling me the truth, koi?”
Kurama sighed and bit his lip. He knew there was no getting out of this. He told Karasu what had happened, but left out the part of Ryou and him falling into the sea and the part of him fighting, and by the end of it Karasu had a very worried expression on his face. Kurama finished was another sneeze and a few coughs.
“Are you sick?”
“No,” sniffed Kurama groggily.
“I think you are. Now come on, let's go get you in some dry clothes and in bed,” said Karasu as he scooted Kurama upstairs. When he felt Kurama wasn't walking fast enough he picked him up and brought him up himself. He brought him into his room and closed the door and put him down.
“Now get dressed,” ordered Karasu. Kurama looked at him as if he were crazy.
“Not with you looking!”
“I promise I'll close my eyes and I won't peek,” smiled Karasu.
Kurama growled in frustration. “Then stay right there!”
Kurama walked over to his closet and pulled out a blue nightclothes bottoms and a long sleeved top. He looked at Karasu and saw that he had his hands covering his eyes, but that didn't prove much. Kurama walked into his small closet and quickly got undressed and dressed again.
When Kurama got out he saw that Karasu's eyes were open and he had his arms crossed stubbornly. “You're no fun,” he pouted.
“And you're no fair! You said you wouldn't look!” Shouted Kurama in agast.
“I had my fingers crossed,” grinned Karasu.
“You what?! That…that!
“Okay, okay. Hush. Let's get you into bed. I don't want you any more sick then you already are,”
Karasu picked Kurama up and brought him over to his bed and pulled down the covers. He put Kurama in the bed and covered him up and tucked him in. He felt Karasu run his fingers through his wet hair and try in vain to comb it out.
Karasu sighed in defeat. “I'm going to go get a brush. I can't stand your hair like this,”
Karasu got up from the bed and started walking out of the room. “Wait, Karasu. You don't even know where the bathroom is! If-,”
“It's down the hall to the right, ne?”
Confusion struck Kurama. “Well…er…yes, but how did you-,”
“My secret, love,”
As Karasu left the room Kurama was left wondering if it was possible to get a restraining order against a demon. Karasu soon came back in with a blow dryer and a few brushes and combs. He sat back on the bed and grinned at Kurama.
“I thought you were going to go get a comb. Not my drawer of brushes,”
“Like I said, I can't stand to see your hair like this,” said Karasu while reaching over and pulling on a strand of wet red hair that hung limply. “Now…let's get started,”