Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Another Healer ( Chapter 59 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 60:
 
Karasu started brushing Kurama's care gingerly, careful not to hurt him. Kurama relaxed a bit and let Karasu comb through his wet crimson main with out giving him a hard time. Kurama leaned back a bit and Karasu let out a quiet purr.
“Does this feel good, itooshi?”
Kurama unconsciously nodded his head and Karasu continued brushing red hair. Karasu long before Kurama's hair was no longer damp and limp, it was now bright and dry, yet not frail. Karasu, when satisfied with his work, sat back and carried all the supplies back to the bathroom. When he came back he saw Kurama was gone! He let out a gasp of surprise when all he saw was an empty bed with the blankets on the ground.
Karasu stalked out the room in a search for Kurama. He looked downstairs in the kitchen and saw that it was empty. Then looked in the downstairs bathroom and saw Kurama going through a cabinet.
“Kurama? Why are you doing? You know you're supposed to be in bed,” said Karasu with a hint of anger in his voice. “I don't want you to be sick forever,”
“It's just a cold,” mumbled Kurama. “And I just came down for something for my head…it hurts,”
Karasu smiled and went over to Kurama. He picked him up and started sorting through the cabinet himself. But…he saw nothing he recognized. “What exactly are you looking for, itooshi?”
“Umm…head stuff,” said Kurama sleepily while resting his head on Karasu.
“Really? That's very specific. When you're sick you must be vague,”
“Thank…you, you too,” smiled Kurama, knowing that he wasn't making much sense.
“I don't think I'll be able to find what you're looking for, koi. I'm going to call Milyama and see what he can do,”
“Karasuuuu,” groaned Kurama. “I'm fine, it's a cold,”
“I don't care what it is. I just want it gone,”
Karasu carried Kurama back up to his room and tucked him in extra tightly to make sure he didn't get out again. After he did that he walked over to the window in Kurama's room and opened it. Rain and wind came in and a crow appeared out of nowhere and landed on the sill of the window.
“Go get the elfish healer and tell him to come here…you might want to help him find the way,”
The crow gave a short nod, indicated that he understood. Then he spotted Kurama in bed and flew over to him gracefully. It landed on Kurama's bedpost and then hopped down onto Kurama's blankets and stared up at him affectionately.
Karasu cocked an eyebrow. “That one seems to have taken a liking to you, Kurama,”
“Yes, I believe it has,” said Kurama thoughtfully while stroking the top of the crows wet head.
Kurama reached into his top nightstand drawer and pulled out a row of crackers. “Kurama, why do you have crackers there?”
“I brought them up to my room the last time I ate…and forgot to bring them down,” said Kurama was a sheepish grin.
Karasu gave a confused nod as Kurama took a cracker out and begin breaking it up and set it down on the nightstand. The crow hopped onto the nightstand and began eating quickly. Kurama started petting it kindly, but Karasu soon interrupted with a fake cough.
“He can be rewarded once he is done his job,” Karasu turned to the crow. “You do like Kurama, don't you? Then go get that healer so he can be all better and feed you more crackers,”
The crow got up from the nightstand a flew out the window with a final “ca.” Karasu went and sat down on the bed next to Kurama. “You are far too kind, Kurama. Even to a crow,”
“What makes a crow different from anything else?”
Karasu chuckled. “Crows are a symbol of death, Kurama. Not many look upon them affectionately,”
“I look upon you affectionately what makes the-,” Kurama stopped himself and clasped his hands over his mouth.
“What was that, love?”
“Nothing, nothing at all!”
“Ohhh, Kurama. How kind of you to express your feelings for me when you're ill. I look upon you affectionately as well, just to let you know,” said Karasu while leaning down to Kurama face.
“Well…er…thank you very much,”
“Kurama?”
“Umm…yes?”
“Can you call me your crow again? Like you did on that fateful day?”
“But…why?”
“Please???” Begged Karasu.
Kurama bit his lip. “I love you, my crow,”
Karasu laughed. “You didn't have to say you love me, but I don't mind at all. I love you as well, my fox. But…I shouldn't be keeping you up like this. You need rest, lay down,”
“But Karasu-,”
“Hush, the healer will be here soon,”
Kurama sighed a laid down, soon he felt Karasu smoothing out his hair. Once or twice the thought of asking Karasu to stop passed his mind. But he bit his tongue. He didn't mind it that much. Soon Kurama heard a knock on the door, he started getting up but was pushed back down by Karasu, besides, and he was tucked in too tight get out anyways. He heard quick little steps followed by Karasu's. He saw the little elf enter the room and looked at Kurama.
“Not feeling too well, are we?” Milyama asked kindly.
“No, I'm not. But it's just a cold, I was walking in the rain,”
“Really? Well we'll take a look and see to make sure it's nothing more,”
Milyama walked over to Kurama and slowly took off the blankets. It took a while because Karasu had tucked him in so tight. When he was done he started to lift up Kurama's shirt, but was stopped when he felt Karasu's cold stare digging into him. Milyama turned around and saw Karasu right in back of him.
“Go ahead, but I'm watching you,” said Karasu coldly.
Kurama scowled. “Karasu, relax,”
Karasu grinned. “I'm sorry. It's so hard to…perhaps you can help me later?”
Both Kurama's and Milyama's cheeks flushed dark red. After a few moments, Milyama continued what he was doing. He slowly lifted Kurama's nightshirt, knowing that Karasu was watching his every move.
Milyama put his ear down to Kurama's chest. “Take a deep breath, please,” he asked.
Kurama did. Milyama heard water in Kurama's lungs, a lot of it. It didn't take him long to figure out what was wrong with Kurama. He put Kurama's shirt back down and covered him.
“So, is he okay?” Asked Karasu.
“Well…not really. He's very sick. He's caught pneumonia, that's a sickness that is very fatal to humans,”
“What do you mean fatal?” Asked Karasu angrily.
“Just w-what it s-sounds like, he may d-die if he is n-not taken good care of,”
“Oh…then that's not a problem, I love to take care of Kurama,”
“But there's only one thing I don't understand. Kurama said he was just walking in the rain. There's no possible way that he was just walking. His lungs are filled with water, he would have had to breathe in the water, and people don't usually take in that much water when only walking,”
Kurama paled and went ice cold. Karasu's eyes flickered over to Kurama and then back to Milyama. “So what you're saying is that he wasn't walking. What do you suggest he was doing?”
“Well…most of the time people swallow that much water when they are drowning,”
Flashbacks of himself being pulled under water flashed in Kurama's mind.
“Very well. You are done your work. Thank you for once again tending to my fox…and telling me some valuable information,”
Karasu opened up a portal and Milyama walked in and disappeared. Kurama and Karasu were left in the room. The only sound that was heard was the crow peaking hungrily at the cracker on the nightstand. Karasu was the first to speak.
“I feel you are not telling me everything, Kurama. That deeply saddens me. Why don't you try again…and this time don't lie,”
Kurama flinched when he heard Karasu say the word lie. “I…fell into the ocean,”
“How?”
“The dock fell…it collapsed under me,”
“It what? It…fell?” Asked Karasu in disbelief.
“Yes…while I was fighting a man that had Ryou…”
“Fighting? This clearly goes against what I have told you. Look what comes of you fighting,”
“Karasu…I…I'm sorry, but I needed to help Ryou. I couldn't just let someone take him from me,”
Karasu sighed and put an arm around Kurama. “I know, love. I know. I also know that you care strongly for the boy, anyone could see that,”
“Yes…yes, I do. But Karasu-,”
Kurama broke down in a fit of coughs. Karasu took Kurama in his arms and rubbed his back until he stopped. “That's enough talking for now, Kurama. You need rest…I'll have to think of a little punishment for you, though,” he smirked, regaining his cocky attitude.
Karasu laid Kurama down and slowly left the room. He would have to go check on Kurama every now and then to make sure he didn't get out of bed again. Now he had to go check if Ryou was okay. He walked over to Ryou's door, which wasn't too far from Kurama's, and opened it.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Yeah! Cliffhanger! Or something close to, anyways. Thanks for reading and thanks for reviewing~!