Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Different? ( Chapter 63 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 64:
 
“Well then let's get you to bed,” said Kurama as he picked Ryou up and carried him over to his bed. “You shouldn't be up, you're sick,”
“Not as sick as you,” mumbled Ryou silently.
“What was that? Ryou, I'm no worst then you,”
“Kurama…”
“Yes, Ryou?”
“I'm sorry for getting you sick…I should have never ran away like I did, but I was just frightened of you,”
“Please, Ryou, don't be apologetic. None of this is your fault, you were only acting off instinct. And why would you be scared of me?”
“I…I don't know. It's just that…everything is happening too fast, I'm scared, I'm remembering things I don't understand!”
“I know you are…but for now let's go to sleep. You're sick, nevertheless, and shouldn't be up,”
“But Kurama! I don't want to, I want to know what is going on, and I'm tired of sitting in the dark! And I-I…want to know when I'll be able to go home again,”
This took Kurama by surprise, he was well into hoping that Ryou wouldn't ask. Couldn't he see that he wasn't going back? Kurama wouldn't let that happen. Ryou wasn't going anywhere.
“Why would you want to go back?”
“B-because! Why wouldn't I? No offense, but I don't belong here, everything I know is there, not here, all my friends,”
“Don't you have friends here?”
“Well…yes…I guess you are my friend…and perhaps I could consider Karasu a friend,”
“And remember what you had, and that was much worst then what you have now. Don't think I don't know that Bakura hurts you. He doesn't care about you. And your father is always gone, isn't he? And your friends don't even pay attention to you while you betray them with a smile,” said Kurama more harshly then he wanted to. “There's nothing there for you,”
“There's nothing here for me either! I don't want to stay here. I want to go back! And you said you'd help me! When we first met!”
“Then I guess I changed my mind. And Ryou…there is quite a lot here for you,” he said with a softer voice.
“L-like what!?” Said Ryou tearfully.
“Like…us,”
Ryou suddenly stopped crying and looked at Kurama. “What do you mean?”
“I mean…” Kurama faltered. “What I mean is I love you, Ryou. I don't want you to go, I want you to stay here. I want you to stay with me…so we can be together, Ryou,”
Ryou stood there and stared. What was Kurama saying? Didn't he have feelings only for Karasu? And did he just say…he loved him? “Kurama…I…don't know what to say,” said Ryou breathlessly.
“Say you'll stay, stay you love me also, please, Ryou,”
Ryou stared at him in disbelief. He had not expected Kurama to ever say something like this to him. He didn't know what to say and how he would say it. He loved Kurama and wanted to stay with him, but he had another life. He couldn't stay here forever. “Kurama…I love you, too. But I…I still couldn't stay here even I wanted to, my Yami…he would very much like to go back…he has a bit of business to take care of,”
“Well…I haven't seen him in quite a while. Perhaps your Yami has chosen to stay?”
“W-why would he do that? He told me he doesn't trust this world,”
“Maybe he found something worth staying for…I don't know, but he hasn't bothered you in such a long time,”
“I know…” started Ryou, but cut himself short with a yawn.
“Ryou…let's go to bed. We'll talk more in the morning,”
“Yes, Kurama,” said Ryou with another yawn.
Kurama pulled the sheets back on his bed and motioned for Ryou to get in. Ryou hesitated for moment, think of what the punishment for this would be from Bakura. But, nevertheless, he got into the bed, followed by Kurama. Once they were both laying down, Kurama covered them both and put his arms around Ryou slowly and pulled him against his chest. Ryou snuggled closer to Kurama, but stopped when he felt Kurama change…oddly. Ryou turned around tiredly to face him, and what he saw made him freeze. Kurama was no longer Kurama…he was different!! He had long silver hair and golden eyes. Ryou let out a gasp and tried to get out of the bed, but arms wrapped around his waist and kept him planted to the bed.
“L-let me go! W-who are you?!”
“Hush, Ryou. It's still me…just different,”
“B-but why? Why are you like this?”
“Because, Ryou, I wanted to show you what I looked like before…and I'd love to how you how you were…but you were pretty much that same, except for the tail and ears. Do you like this form?”
“Y-yes…but it's a bit scary with the fangs,”
Youko Kurama grinned, showing the fangs to Ryou. “These? Oh, don't worry, they won't hurt you,”
“What's that supposed to mean?”
“Oh, you'll see when it's time,”
“When will that be?”
“Soon, Ryou, very soon. But not tonight I'm afraid…you don't look to ready,”
“Ready? For what!? You're not making sense!!”
“Yes, I am. You just don't understand,”
“When will I?”
“Soon…”
“But that's your answer to everything,” Ryou said childishly.
“I know…but it's true. Now you said you were tired? Go to sleep,”
“But…do you have to hold me like this,”
He once again smiled, revealing white fangs. “Yes, I do,”
Ryou let out a small groan and closed his eyes uncomfortably. He heard the deep breathing of the youkai laying besides him. He could tell Youko was going to sleep anytime soon.
“Aren't you going to sleep too, Youko?”
“I don't sleep this early,”
“But…it's 11:00,” said Ryou while looking at the blazing red numbers on Kurama's alarm clock. “When do you sleep, then?”
“3:00,”
“Oh…well that's an odd time. I think-,”
“Ryou, go to sleep. It's time for you to sleep,”
“Okay…I guess,” said Ryou uncomfortably.
The rest of the night passed rather quickly. Ryou fell right asleep. He had no bad dreams…he had no dreams really. But that was a good thing, right? Better no dreams, then have bad dreams.
 
 
Morning********************************************************** *******
 
Sunlight poured through the window in Kurama's room and lit up the room, waking Ryou up. Ryou sleepily got up and noticed he was alone in bed. He looked around sleepily, but found no Kurama in the room. He got up slowly and walked out the door. He looked down the staircase and saw Kurama in the kitchen. Ryou walked down the stairs and saw he was cooking.
“Good morning, Ryou,” said Kurama brightly.
“Umm…good morning to you too,” Ryou said nervously.
Kurama cocked and eyebrow in suspicion. “Is there something wrong, Ryou?”
“No…hai,” said Ryou sheepishly.
“What?”
“I didn't know you could…you know…just change, so quickly! I didn't even notice!”
“Ryou…what are you talking about?”
“Last night! You were…Youko! How could you forget?!”
“I was? Oh really? Umm…Ryou, I think there's something you should know,”
“Yes?”
“We're two different people,”
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Wow, sorry this one took forever to write. I had a writers block…again. But oh well, haha. I'll try to quicken up on updating. ^_^ Thanks for reading! And thanks for reviewing!