Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Apart ( Chapter 64 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 65: Apart
 
“Different? How so?”
“Well……” There was a long pause of silence; Kurama had not the foggiest of how to explain this. But then he got a sudden idea of a sudden example. “Like you,”
“What do you mean?”
“Oh you know, you and Bakura, of course,”
“Oh…yes, I see. I guess that could be hard to explain without other people thinking you crazy,”
“Yes, it is very hard. I think-,” Kurama was abruptly stopped in his sentence when the phone started to ring. Kurama noticed that Ryou had frozen also. But Kurama gave him a reassuring smile and went to answer the phone on the counter.
“Oh please be someone good,” Kurama silently prayed. He looked at the ID and it was labeled “out of area,” just wonderful.
Kurama pressed the call button and put the receiver up to his ear.
“Hello?”
“Oh, Kurama, how nice to hear you sounding better,” said a smooth voice on the other end.
“Karasu?! Wha…why are you calling me!? How'd you get my number?!”
There was a pause, then a chuckle on the other end. “You can't possibly think I wouldn't know your telephone number? How naïve you are. I've been stalking…er…following you for a very long time now, mind you, and you didn't even think I knew your number? What kind of person do you take me as, love?”
“I-I don't know! A stalker! What am I supposed to think!? And you didn't answer my question yet, why are you calling me?”
“Oh yes…why I'm calling you? To know if you are okay, of course,”
“Okay? Oh yes…” Kurama paused. “I'm fine, Karasu. It was nothing,” said Kurama with bit of a chuckle.
“Nothing? Kurama, stop being so…oh well, I can't think of the word at the moment, but you should know what I mean,”
“Well, I don't. And you shouldn't be talking to me right now,”
“Oh? And why not, love?”
“That…deal…you made with Hiei. You can't talk to me,”
“No, I remember I have to stay away from you, and as far as I know, I'm no where near you. Oh how long was it that I must stay away from you?”
“Um…about a month, I believe,” lied Kurama slyly.
“Oh yes! Of course, and you are to come with me…oh what was it…oh yes! Ten years, how could I forget?”
“What?! No! Only two days!”
“Aw, and you stay with me for a month?”
“No, for two days,” Said Kurama with a sigh, knowing there was no use in lying.
There was a chuckle on the other end. “Yes, I have something very nice planned for those two days, kitsune,”
“I bet…”
“Oh and Kurama, look out your window,” the line went dead.
“Wait! What…” Kurama stopped talking and put down the phone, be knew what he would say would fall on deft ears.
Kurama placed the phone back on the charger and sighed. Now he had about a day to try and guess what Karasu had planned for them…how lovely. He just had to hope it didn't involve some…disturbing, Karasu was known for having a warped sense of almost everything. Then he remembered the last thing he told him…look out the window? What the heck was that supposed to mean?! Well…to start off with the obvious, Kurama merely looked out the closest window. And there standing patiently on the sill of it was a lone crow.
Kurama sighed and walked slowly over to the window and examining the crow, just to make sure it was just as it seemed. After being almost absolutely sure that it was just a crow, he opened the window and let the bird in. It flew in, and without hesitation, landed on Kurama's shoulder.
Kurama looked at the bird with a confused expression. Now he knew the part of opening the window...but what now? Then he saw something tied to the birds claw, a piece and parchment. Kurama smiled and untied it, but then worry set in his mind as he thought what may be written on the paper. But he pushed those thoughts out of his mind and unrolled it, what did he have to worry about anyway?
Upon the paper wasn't much, but a single key that was rolled up into the paper, and a small note. Keep it safe, love.
Kurama looked at the small rusted key that looked like it was made from an old sort of metal. Kurama mentally rolled his eyes and pocketed the key. Why the heck did he always have to make things hard?! What was he supposed to do with this key? Once again, he could try the obvious and keep it safe. So he made sure his pocket was free of holes, and set then turned back to Ryou.
“It was just Karasu,” said Kurama with a little smile.
“I know,”
“Oh really? How so?”
“The way you talk to him, you sound very…well, I don't know,”
Kurama chuckled. “Of course, I understand, Ryou,”
A long silence passed and they said nothing to each other. Then Kurama broke the silence. “Well, we have nothing to do, now that I have a day off from Karasu…thank god,” said Kurama while chuckling at his own joke. “What do you want to do?”
“I…I don't know. What can we do??”
“Haha, not much, really. Perhaps we can talk?”
“Oh yes! There's been something I've been wanting to ask you,” said Ryou.
Kurama smiled. “Well, what is it?”
“I was wondering…am I able to leave yet?”
Kurama casually bit his lip and cast his eyes down. The truth was that there was now a way for Ryou to get back to his dimension. There must have been something found by now, he knew how quickly they worked over there. Should he lie? No…that wouldn't right. But there was always the chance that they had not found anything yet. Kurama cast his eyes back up to Ryou's and smiled cheerily.
“I'm not quite sure. But I'd love to check for you,” Kurama half lied.
“Thanks, that would be very kind of you, Kurama,”
Kurama nodded as he got up from his chair and walked over to the phone and picked it up slowly while dialing a few numbers. Ryou watch curiously as Kurama smiled and greeted the person on the other end.
“Hello? Oh…yes I was wondering if you've found anything under the file of Ryou-,”
Kurama was briefly interrupted as he realized that the person on the other end had put the phone down, followed by the sound of moving papers and mumbling. The person picked the phone back up and answered Kurama with a single “yes.”
“Oh, why thank you. Should I come over there…okay…what time? Ok, I'm on my way…bye,”
He hung up slowly, his bangs covering his eyes. But he looked up with a smile. “Yes, they have found a way for you to get back, we should go now,”
 
 
 
Wow, long time since I've updated. Haha, sorry! I'll try to do it more often. Review or I'll wait another six months! Haha, thanx