Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ The Leaving Song ( Chapter 65 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 66: The Leaving Song
 
Kurama sat in a chair in his room with his head in his hands, hunched over. It was over…he was gone. Just hours ago Ryou had left his life for good, back into his own life. Kurama shook his head and cried as hair cascaded down like a curtain to hide his face. He sobbed uncontrollably and tightened his fists. It felt like something had ripped a part of his heart out, a part of his mind, a part of who he was. Gone. Just gone.
Kurama didn't notice the door open and a talk dark figure walk in slowly and close the door. The person walked up to Kurama and stroked his back tenderly. Kurama's sobbing immediately stopped and was replaced by an eerie silence that filled the room.
“All good things must end, Kurama, you know that,”
Kurama quickly sat up and shot Karasu and a mean look. “How would you know? You've always killed everything you loved before they met their natural end!”
Karasu chuckled mildly to himself. “Kurama, Kurama,” he tsked. “The tread must start somewhere. I have not been born with that instinct; I acquired it after years of devastation. To the point whence I could no longer bare to lose something loved. Kurama don't…” Karasu swallow a lump in his throat. “Don't tell me I don't know what a loss feels like,”
Kurama looked up into Karasu's eyes and instantly wished he could have taken back what he had said. He hesitatingly and embarrassedly twitled with his hands and felt his tears fall to his hands, and couldn't hold back a sob.
Kurama felt Karasu put in arm around him, a silent way of saying he was forgiven for his thoughtless remark. Kurama leaned on Karasu's shoulder gingerly, afraid he would leave him. “It hurts,” said Kurama in a raspy tone, he was trying his best to stop crying.
“Yes…it does. But please, stop crying. It hurts me to see you cry,”
“I-I can't. I'm sorry,”
“Do you want me to help you?” Questioned Karasu gently.
“What do you mean?” Said Kurama, breathing between sobs.
“I could maybe put you to sleep, and you could sleep it off. It's better that way, trust me, love,”
“No, Karasu, that's not right. I have to work my way through this,”
“Please, Kurama. It will help, just let me-,”
“Karasu, no,” interrupted Kurama. “I don't need your help right now,”
Karasu abruptly got up and stood in front of Kurama. “Yes, Kurama. Yes, you do,”
Kurama didn't respond. After as minute Karasu became inpatient and grabbed Kurama by the hand, forcing him to look up. “Why are you acting like this? It's not like he died, he left. He's happy, he's with his friends again, where he's supposed to be,”
“I…I don't know. I miss him,”
Karasu smiled and felt a twinge of sympathy for his dear fox. He sat back down near Kurama and put an arm around him once again. “You know it'll be okay, Kurama,”
Kurama took and deep breath, he had stopped crying. “Yes, yes I know that, but right now it's not,”
“But Kurama, you can not dwell on horrid moments, if so, you'll never get out of them. You must think forwards, not back,”
“I don't want to go forward, Karasu,”
“And there lies the problem. Come with me, please, Kurama,”
Kurama shook his head sadly and looked away from Karasu. “I don't think I can,”
Karasu smiled. Back to his old ways yet again. “Then I'll help you,”
Karasu picked Kurama up off the chair. Kurama strangely did not fight back; his body was limp and light. Karasu briefly worried for him, and then set that thought aside and continue to carry him. Kurama look lifelessly at the ceiling as he felt himself drifting off into a deep unknowing sleep….
 
 
Yeah, sorry this one was a little short^^ I've been very busy, despite that fact that it's the weekend here. Please Review!!! I've already written the other chapter, give me a review or two and I'll post it. Thanx