Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 'Til Death Do Us Part ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

'Til Death Do Us Part- Chapter 1: "Reunion"

By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation copyrights YYH. It's no use suing me because I'm flat out broke… ::looks back and forth:: Unless you're after my collection of Kuwabara pictures. You can't have them!!!!!

Notes: PLEASE REVIEW! ANYONE WHO REVIEWS ANY OF MY FICS WILL BE LISTED IN A DEDICATION! By the way, this is based on a review left by kb_girl3 (Kali) on my fan fiction "Love and Hate". Kali wrote: "OMG! This was awesome! What's next, a wedding?" (Something like that…) And that's exactly what. Thanks to the following two people for reviewing:

AnimeJ

KB_girl3

@~@~@~@~@

Kazuma Kuwabara opened the door to his apartment in Kaidan, his hometown since childhood. Two cats scattered from near the door as it slid open and Kuwabara stumbled in, the bulging bag of groceries blocking his view. With a sigh, he dropped them on the kitchen table next to his car keys. The old cat, Eikichi, and her kitten, Tomosaburo, rubbed up against the leg of the redhead's jeans, purring. "Alright, I'll get you two some milk." Kuwabara said strolling into the closed off kitchen area.

The fridge was very empty and a half filled bottle of milk sat on the middle shelf next to a bottle of sake. Kuwabara took it out and closed the fridge with his foot. Pouring the milk into a saucer, Kuwabara sat it on the floor and watched as his two darling cats lapped it up.

It had been a year since Kuwabara got out of college and he was 22. He had a job as the owner of a small shop below his apartment but what Kuwabara really wanted was a job as a fire fighter. Yusuke Urameshi, his best friend, lived down the street and Kurama, his other friend, lived on the outside of town. Hiei still flitted around from place to place but usually kept to himself. It had been two years since Kuwabara last saw the love of his life, Yukina. That was at Yusuke and Keiko's wedding.

Kuwabara sighed and looked over the pictures from when he was 14 that sat on the bookcase. He hadn't changed much and neither had the gang. "I wish I could see Yukina again…" Kuwabara muttered to himself. Eikichi looked towards the door and meowed loudly right before there came a knock.

"Coming!" Kuwabara said, half tripping over his cats as he made his way to the door. The knock grew louder until Kuwabara opened the door. There was a woman standing on the doormat. She had sea foam colored hair that fell down to her waist in a ponytail and her eyes were blood red. The woman was almost as tall as Kuwabara was. She wore a long teal skirt with platform sandals and a white pheasant top. Suddenly, the woman tumbled in the door throwing her arms around Kuwabara.

"Kazuma! It's been so long since I've seen you!" Kuwabara's eyes widened as the stranger let go. "Yukina?" Yukina smiled brightly. "Not much has changed here I see." "Yukina, everyone's been curious as to where you disappeared to!" Kuwabara offered the Koorime maiden a seat at the table and she sat down on the mat. "I've just been in Makai, traveling around. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to write or even talk to you… You must have been a little bit mad at me…" Kuwabara poured Yukina some tea. "No Yukina! I could never be upset with you. I understand. For the same reason I haven't visited Makai for so long." Kuwabara exclaimed while holding Yukina's hands. Yukina nodded. "Well, it's good to be back."

Yusuke laid on the hammock, his four-month-old son, Tomo, asleep in his arms. Keiko was moving about in the kitchen cooking dinner when the phone rang. "Hello, Urameshi residence. Who is this?" There was a voice at the end of the line. "Ok. I'll get him. Yusuke!" Keiko stuck her head out the window and held out the cord-less phone. "Yusuke! It's for you." Yusuke opened one eye and got up, picking up Tomo and holding him in his arms. "Alright, thanks Keiko." Yusuke said taking the phone. "Hey." Yusuke said holding the phone with his shoulder and Tomo with the other. "Oh, hi Kuwabara. What's up?" More high-pitched noises came from the other line. "Yukina just appeared on your doorstep? Hey, Keiko and Botan will be happy to hear that. Is she staying at your place?" Tomo yawned and stretched in his father's arms. "Mm. Alright, Keiko and me will probably come over in a second when I tell her. Ok, see ya then." Yusuke hung up and came inside.

"So, what did Kuwabara have to say?" Keiko asked when Yusuke came into the kitchen. "Yukina's back in town." Yusuke said switching Tomo to his other arm. "Really? Great! We should go over and see them." Keiko said shutting off the stove and removing her apron. "What about him?" Yusuke motioned to the sleeping baby in his arms. Keiko picked up Tomo and held him. "We'll just bring him." Keiko said rubbing the black hair on Tomo's small head. Yusuke shrugged. "Fine, he'll be out for another hour anyway."

Yukina pet Eikichi while drinking her tea. "How has everyone been doing anyway?" Kuwabara leaned on the wall. "Kurama married this nice woman, Itoshii, and they have a little girl named Seiya. As for Urameshi and Keiko…" Kuwabara was interrupted when the doorbell rang. Yukina got up and answered the door. Keiko and Yusuke stood on the doormat. "Yukina! So good to see you!" Keiko exclaimed hugging the maiden. "Oh, Keiko, you look great. And who is this?" Yukina noticed the baby in the carrier on Keiko's back. Keiko removed the carrier and took Tomo out. "This is mine and Yusuke's son, Tomo." Yukina squealed with delight. "You never told me you had a baby. Yusuke and Kuwabara watched as the girls exchanged gossip and information between each other. "What a happy reunion." Yusuke said. Kuwabara looked at him. "Happy but loud. I'm surprised Tomo hasn't woken up crying yet." Yusuke nodded. "Me too."

Dinner was filled with conversation. "How old is Tomo?" "Is Kurama happy with his wife?" "Kurama's daughter must be beautiful." "Obviously Hiei's still single…" "What do you do for a living?" "How were your travels Yukina?" And so on… It was eight o'clock when Yusuke and Keiko headed home and Kuwabara and Yukina were left to their own.

"You can sleep in my bed tonight Yukina. I'll sleep on the mat on the floor." Kuwabara said leading Yukina into the tiny back bedroom. "Oh, I couldn't! It's your bed, I'm just a guest." "No, I insist. You need a good night's sleep." Yukina took the extra sweatshirt and pants that Kuwabara let her to wear at night. "If you're sure." She said. Kuwabara nodded. "I'm sure." Yukina hugged Kuwabara. "Thank you Kuwabara… for everything." Kuwabara blushed. "It's really no problem Yukina." Yukina went into the bathroom to change and Kuwabara sat down on the sofa. "It's just like the old days…" he sighed.

Hiei watched from a tall building in town as Kuwabara and Yukina said their good nights and turned out the lights. "So, Yukina's returned. I'll have to keep my eye on that Kuwabara…" Hiei said aloud. With a jump, Hiei disappeared into the dark alley below him. Hopping from place to place, Hiei finally found himself at Kurama's house on the outside of town. The lights down stairs were on and Kurama sat at the table staring off into space. Hiei leapt through the open kitchen window and landed next to his partner.

"I heard Yukina has come back. Is that true Hiei?" Kurama asked looking up at his friend. Hiei merely nodded. "Something troubles you Hiei. What is it?" "That Kuwabara. He'd do anything for Yukina. Do you think he'd…?" Kurama cut him off. "It's Yukina's decision of whether or not she marries him if he asks. Not yours Hiei." Hiei grunted and jumped out the window. "You can't protect her forever you know." Kurama sighed.

Kuwabara sat awake staring out the window. "Yukina…" Kuwabara remembered his dreams of marrying Yukina from when he was 14. He remembered how Yusuke helped him to defeat the fighters blocking Yukina from them. Then he remembered the way Yukina looked at him when they met. He was on the ground, hunched over his wound when Yukina came over and put her hands to his face. "Don't hate all humans…" "I think I actually like them." Voices of the past rang in his head. These memories pulled Kuwabara into a happy sleep, with Yukina sleeping on the bed above him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I hope you guys liked that. Personally, I thought it didn't really go anywhere and if you really want to know, I'm kind of toying with the thought of Koenma and Botan going out. E-mail me at crazedpunkwashu@aol.com and tell me what you think.