Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 'Til Death Do Us Part ❯ Dreams Do Come True ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Til Death Do Us Part- Chapter 2: "Dreams Do Come True"

By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation owns YYH. I wish I did so that I could turn so of these fics into movies… And I could have Kuwabara for my own! ::stars in eyes:: Who am I kidding? I'm not match for Yukina…

Notes: I have time now to put up my dedication. Thanks to the following people for reviewing. I really appreciate it!

Agent Mio

KB_girl3

Animej

@~@~@~@~@

A tiny box was thrown from hand to hand as Kuwabara stood waiting in front of the restaurant Yukina was supposed to meet him at. "How long could her and Keiko be talking?" Kuwabara wondered aloud. An abrupt hand on his shoulder made him jump. "You're jumpy." Kuwabara recognized the voice. "Urameshi!" Sure enough, Yusuke stood behind him on the sidewalk, a bag of groceries in his hands. "So what are you doing that's making you so nervous?" Kuwabara swallowed hard and pull the miniature box from the pocket of his shirt. Opening it slowly, Yusuke could just barely see inside. Inside was a tiny gold ring, simple and plain. "Wow, so that's why you're nervous! You're proposing to Yukina!" Kuwabara signaled pleadingly for Yusuke to be quiet. "It's a secret. And you never know when Hiei might be around." Yusuke burst out laughing. "HEY! YOU TRYING EXPLAINING TO HIEI THAT YOU'RE MARRYING HIS LITTLE SISTER!" Yusuke grunted and shifted the bag to his other hand. "Hey, it's your death wish…" Yusuke started to walk past Kuwabara. "You know, you're very encouraging!" Kuwabara yelled at him while shaking his fist. "Kuwabara, what's wrong?" Kuwabara turned around to face Yukina. "Oh, nothing!"

Yukina was dressed in a black skirt that fell to her knees and a white pheasant top. Her hair was in one long braid that reached her mid-back and she had aquamarine earrings on. Around her neck was the locket Kuwabara had given her. She had on black platform sandals and at her side was a black purse. Her eye shadow was clear with sparkles and she had on a small layer of red lipstick. Kuwabara stared shyly at her. "Wow, you look beautiful…" He said. Yukina blushed. "You're just saying that." "No, really!" Kuwabara and Yukina walked into the restaurant together, unaware of the dark, cold eyes that watched them. "Hmm, so Yukina does have someone she cares about…" the owner of the eyes cackled.

The restaurant was dim when Yukina and Kuwabara were seated near the dance floor. A small glowing candle sat in the middle of the table shedding a nice, calming light over everything. Kuwabara pulled out the chair allowing Yukina to sit down and then sat down himself. "Wow, this is such a nice place." Yukina said. Kuwabara nodded. "I really like this place. I though you would too." The server came over. "What will you have for dinner?" Yukina looked at the menu briefly. "I'll have the Victoria's fillet steak." "And you sir?" The server turned to Kuwabara. "Uh, I'll have the Shrimp Alfredo." "Very good. Any drinks?" Yukina and Kuwabara looked at each other before Yukina replied, "Can you bring us a bottle of red wine?" "Yes ma'am. You're dinner will be right out."

After dinner, the DJ began playing and Yukina and Kuwabara sat listening. "Wow, that was the best meal I've had in a long time." Yukina said. "I must have cost a lot." "No, not really." Kuwabara replied. "You are very bad at lying Kazuma." Kuwabara rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Anyway, thank you so much." Yukina said. Suddenly a beautiful song played drowning out Yukina's voice. Kuwabara was shy but he stood up anyway and held out his hand. "Can I have this dance?" Yukina smiled and place her hand in Kuwabara's. "Sure." The only couple on the dance floor, Yukina and Kuwabara got a lot of attention. Consumed in the music, they dance gracefully across the dance floor. Feeling her body tire, Yukina laid her head on Kuwabara's shoulder. "Thank you Kuwabara…this has been one of the best nights of my life…" Kuwabara held her closer. "You haven't seen anything yet."

The couple sat down after the dance. "Hey, Yukina, do you remember our first kiss?" Kuwabara asked randomly. Yukina nodded. "It was after you saved me from the cave when Zurui attacked me. Your sister saw it too." Kuwabara and Yukina laughed, remembering the moment. "I would love to live that moment for the rest of my life." Yukina said when they stopped laughing. "Me too. I'd love to be with you for the rest of my life." Yukina blushed. "Yukina, let's let our dreams come true." Kuwabara pulled the ring from his pocket. "Will you marry me? I'm a fearless man and I'll be good to you." Yukina smiled while blushing. "Oh Kuwabara, I don't know what to say…" Kuwabara swallowed hard hoping that she wouldn't turn him down. "Of course!" Yukina threw herself into Kuwabara's arms and they hugged. "Kuwabara, I love you so much." "Me too Yukina, me too. Now we can spend the rest of our lives together."

Hiei sat in a low-lying branch in a pine tree watching as someone approached. It was Yukina with Kuwabara. Yukina stopped and Kuwabara came up to Hiei. "Hiei, can I talk to you?" "If this is about marrying my sister, my answer is no." Hiei said leaping off his perch and to the next tree. Kuwabara ran down the path after Hiei. "Come back here! Hey, at least I came to ask you! You bastard!" Hiei ignored the redhead and continued. "Hiei, I'm not going to beg you. If you said yes, it would make your little sister very happy. That's what you want isn't it?" Hiei stopped and pondered the fact. "I'll let you think about it." Kuwabara said walking back to Yukina. "Yukina would be happy…" Hiei thought.

Yukina sat up examining her left ring finger that had the ring on it. "I hope Hiei say yes!" Yukina whispered clasping her hands together. "And who's to say he won't?" Yukina looked up from where she lay on the mat. Hiei stood in the doorway, his hands on his hips and a sly smile on his face. "Oh, Hiei! You're here." Yukina stood up and approached her brother. Hiei nodded and put a hand on Yukina's shoulder. "Sister, is it true that marrying Kuwabara (Hiei cringed calling the redhead by his name and not saying "idiot".) would make you happy?" Yukina nodded. "It's what I've always wanted even though I was too shy to admit it." Hiei sighed. "If it makes you happy, I approve of the marriage." Yukina's face lit up. "But, don't expect me to call him brother." Hiei said with a smile. Yukina hugged Hiei making Hiei's eyes widen. "Thank you Hiei! You won't regret it, I promise!" Hiei put his arms around Yukina. "I'm sure I won't." Hiei whispered.

A stranger hid in the trees, her eyes glowing red. "My rival, a bride to be. Hmm, well, I see the fates have offered me an opportunity." She cackled evilly showing off a row of sparkling fangs. "Yukina my dear, this will be your undoing!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked that! I thought it was cute and I know a certain someone who'll be very pleased with this chapter. Anyways, comments and flames are accepted but there's no guarantee that I won't bite your head off if you flame me… Heh, don't mind me. I get extraordinarily pissed off when someone insults Kuwabara-kun.