Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 'Til Death Do Us Part ❯ Angst ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Til Death Do Us Part- Chapter 3: "Angst"

By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation owns YYH. I wish I did but I don't. Here's my saying for if you sue me: I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

Notes: This is kind of weird since it's Yukina saving Kuwabara. She's always been the one in trouble but oh well! Now for my dedication! Thanks to the following patrons:

Agent Mio

KB_girl3

Animej

@~@~@~@~@

The house was quiet with the exception of the cat's meowing and walking around. Kuwabara sat at the kitchen table with a phone book spread out in front of him. Yukina was out shopping and looking for a wedding gown while Kuwabara worked on finding a wedding planner. "Hmm, no one very good here. I might as well book with Keiko. She's a wedding planner." Kuwabara said to himself. From the next room, a cat hissed and then scampered out into the kitchen and living room area. "What is it Tomosaburo?" Kuwabara asked looking up from the phone number he was dialing. The kitten darted into Kuwabara's bedroom and disappeared. "Hmm, must have been the wind that scared him." The redhead mumbled turning back to his work.

Something slowly crept up behind him as he worked. The woman's long white hair swayed in the spring breeze and she smiled fiendishly. Kuwabara turned around. "Who the hell…?" Kuwabara could finish because of the demon holding her hand above his head. "Soul, come to me!" Kuwabara fell limp to the floor as the misty thing that was his soul poured out of his mouth. The demon put his soul into a tiny bottle and threw it up into the air, catching it again. "That was too easy. Like taking a soul from a ningen." The demon laughed realizing that's what she was doing and flitted out the window.

A key jingled in the lock and the door opened. Yukina stumbled in with some groceries and a large clothes bag slung over her arm. "Kazuma, I'm…" she stopped and screamed noticing his lifeless form on the floor. "Kazuma, what happened?!" Yukina cried, tears forming in her eyes. She lifted his head off the floor but no words came from his cold lips. "Kazuma?!"

The doctor came out of the room and into the waiting room where Yukina sat, Keiko and Botan at her side comforting her. "Ms. Jaganashi?" Yukina looked up, her face red from crying. "Is Kazuma alright?" The doctor lowered the stethoscope from his ears and sighed. "Well, he's fallen into a coma. We're not sure how long he'll be in it. No guarantee he'll live either…" Keiko held her friend's shoulders tighter. "Can we see Kuwabara?" The doctor nodded. "He's in room 10B." The three women hurried down the hall, Yukina in the lead. "Oh Kazuma, how could I let this happen?! I should've been there for you!" she thought regretfully.

Botan opened the door and Yukina rushed over to the bed where Kuwabara laid. IV needles (sending medicine into the body) stuck out of both of his hands and he was hooked up to life support. The screen showing his heart rate beeped and shot up and down normally. "His soul!" Botan gasped after examining Kuwabara. "It's been stolen!" Yukina looked up from her lover's face. "What?" Botan leaned against the wall. "Well, this isn't a normal coma. It's been induced by his soul leaving his body." "How awful!" Keiko cried. Botan shook her head sadly. "I can check the spirit imprint on him to find out who did this." Yukina nodded. "Please do that Botan." Botan held her hands over Kuwabara and slowly, a misty picture hovered over his chest. It was of a demon, tall and thin with long nails and white hair reaching her lower back. In one hand she had a bottle and the other, a whip. "Heh," the figure threw the bottle up in the air and caught it. "That was like taking a soul from a ningen." She laughed and the misty imprint disappeared.

"Abunai!" Yukina half growled. "Who?" Keiko asked. "My rival back on Koorime. She was an ice demon who set out to find her fortune and to beat me in everything." Botan snapped her fingers and pulled her handbook out of her back pocket. "Abunai! I heard of her. She's wanted for several felonies in Makai." Yukina's fists clenched in anger. "Why? Why now is she coming back to haunt me? I thought I had that shield preventing her from finding me!" Yukina exclaimed. "Well, by crossing over to the human world, that barrier was warped and actually tells every demon wanting to know that you are here." "I have to find her and get back Kuwabara's soul…" Yukina placed her hand over Kuwabara's cheek. "Before it's too late."

The saddened Koorime maiden walked home in the dark. The streets of Kaidan were dim but slightly lit up by streetlights. Taking the back stairs to the second floor, Yukina entered Kuwabara's lonely apartment. It was dark and cold, things still thrown about from when Abunai had broken in. Yukina laid her house keys on the table and removed her light jacket. Eikichi rubbed up against her leg happily and Yukina couldn't help but smile remembering how much Kuwabara had loved his precious cat.

Yukina switched on the bedroom light and opened the closet. Some of her extra clothes hung up in the closet, including the beautiful snow-white wedding gown. Yukina pushed the gown to the back of the closet and she removed the other clothes. Using one of Kuwabara's old backpacks, she packed up the clothes and some other things. As she was just above to leave, she grabbed a picture off the nightstand. If was of her and Kuwabara quite a few years previously. Yukina stuffed it in the bag and left out the front door.

Botan was waiting outside. "Are you sure you want to do this Yukina?" Yukina nodded. "If I don't, who will? I can't just let Kuwabara die this way, especially after we're engaged." Botan smiled. "You have a good heart Yukina. God speed." The portal to Makai opened. "Thank you Botan." Yukina said hugging the blue haired woman. "Hurry, before the portal closes." Botan exclaimed. Yukina waved a short adieu before disappearing into the swirling jade portal. "I hope she'll be alright…" Botan whispered as the wind blew harder. "For hers and Kuwabara's sakes."

It was daytime in Makai. Yukina found herself standing in a canyon, the wind kicking up the sand and dust. "I must be in the Desert of Depravity." Yukina mumbled. She walked on, the wind blowing her blue tank top and khaki shorts. "So Yukina, you came…" Yukina turned around with a gasp. "Abunai!" Abunai smiled. "So you do remember me dear. I thought you wouldn't." The demon began laughing while bouncing the bottle holding Kuwabara's soul up and down in her right hand. "Just give me the soul!" Yukina cried holding out her hand. Abunai tucked the bottle into the pouch at her side. "You won't get it that easily my friend. First you must do something for me." "What?" Yukina said recoiling her hand. "Just a simple test… to see who is better once and for all." "Fine. Anything. Just give it back." "Oh you'll get it, at the end. That is if you live through the test."

Abunai snapped her fingers and instantly the desert scene disappeared, replaced with a giant jungle like area. Abunai disappeared but Yukina could still hear her cruel voice. "If you can get to the end, you get the ningen's soul. I'll see you at the end dear!"

~~~~~~~~

So, Yukina has some enemies… hmm, this should get interesting. Again, flames and comments are accepted at crazedpunkwashu@aol.com. Thanks again and remember, REVIEW!