Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 'Til Death Do Us Part ❯ The First Challenge ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Til Death Do Us Part- Chapter 4: "The First Challenge"

By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation owns YYH. Unfortunately, that means they own Kuwabara-kun too… V_V If you plan on suing me, I have no money so what you'll get is a bunch of fan fics and paper.

Notes: I've started doing illustrations for "Love and Hate", "Legend of the Dragon Girls", and plan to do some for this fic. They'll be attached to the fics as soon as I can scan them in… which may not be until September. Alright, time for the dedications! Thanks to these regular readers:

Agent Mio

KB_girl3

Animej

@~@~@~@~@

Bird sung in the canopy above Yukina as the Koorime maiden trudged on over rock and dirt. Branches seemed to reach out and tear away at Yukina's arms but she ignored him and continued walking. "I wonder how long this challenge will be?" Yukina wondered aloud. Something whizzed pass her head and stuck into a tree up ahead. "And now Yukina, your first challenge: Get away from these demon human hunters." Came Abunai's voice. Yukina wheeled around in horror to face five control demons heading straight for her, their spears raised ready to stab her through. The young woman turned and ran as fast as her legs would carry her.

Her sandals splashed through a creek as she continued running. Her legs ached to a great extent but she ran on perceptive that stopping would result with her demise. Another spear flew past her head causing her to scream. The demons cackled and yelled to each other in foreign tongues. Yukina planted her hand on a fallen tree and vaulted over it with one swift motion. One more spear flew past her, this time grazing her arm. "Ah!" Yukina held her left arm and sped up. Up a head there was a hill where she might be able to stop. "Gotta… make it… to… the hill…" she panted. Looking back, Yukina noticed that the head demon was gaining on her. "NO!" Yukina stopped and turned around on top of this hill.

There was nowhere for the maiden to go, she was trapped after noticing that the hill wasn't a hill, it was a cliff. Yukina backed away from the edge so she wouldn't fall off. The five demons laughed cruelly and closed in on her. As they charged, Yukina slipped and fell from the edge. The five demons (strong but stupid) plunged off as well and fell to their death.

Abunai sat in her lair watching the video screen as Yukina and the demons disappeared over the cliff. "Well, so much for that rival." Abunai laughed studying over the bottle. "This soul might just make a good meal." Suddenly, Yukina crawled up from the edge of the cliff, her backpack having caught on to a roof and saving her. "Well Yukina, you've exceeded the first of your challenges. That was lucky though…" Abunai said sourly.

Yukina sat in the darkness of the jungle with only a fire to help her see. Her sleeping bag was rolled out and she lay in it watching the light. "Yukina!" "Doesn't the hero get another kiss?" "I guess that love is everlasting huh?" "OW! Careful Yukina! That hurts!" "Will you marry me? I'm a fearless man and I'll be good to you." So many things that Kuwabara said ranging in Yukina's head as memories played before her eyes. "Kuwabara, I won't let you die!" Yukina said, tears leaking from her eyes and falling to the floor as tear gems. "King Enma, give me strength to over come this foe and live happily ever after."

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was it for this chapter. Personally, I think these chapters are too short but I guess if they turn out to be too poorly detailed, I'll come back and redo them. As always REVIEW!