Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 'Til Death Do Us Part ❯ And They Lived Happily Ever After ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


'Til Death Do Us Part- Epilogue: And They Lived Happily Ever After
By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation owns YYH.

Notes: PLEASE READ! Part of this was originally hand written while I was on vacation. Now, it's finally over ::tears:: Sorry but I don't know what a Japanese wedding is like so this is just an American one. Now, my dedication has changed just slightly:

This epilogue is in loving memory of my old English teacher, Mrs. Hollis Rounds who died August 15, 2002.

@~@~@~@~@

It was a beautiful day in the gardens near the Gate of Judgement in the Spirit World a perfect day for a wedding. And that's exactly what was happening.

The garden was lined with wooden benches, beautifully crafted. At the front was a gazebo, painted a crisp white with dazzling flowers winding up it. Cherry blossom petals rained down around the guests who were already seated. Koenma hovered two feet off of the ground inside the gazebo, Hiei, Kurama, Yusuke, and Kuwabara to his right and Keiko and Botan to her left. Keiko shushed Tomo as he squirmed in her arms.

Each of the best men and the groom were dressed in suits similar to school uniforms. They had the collar and the pants but each had been given a fancier touch. The best maids wore long white gowns, each with a simple blue rose embroidered on the bottom. Tomo was dressed like the best men, only in a smaller size. Kuwabara swallowed hard but felt a reassuring hand on his shoulder. It's okay Kuwabara. Don't get cold feet now! Yusuke whispered to his best friend. The groom nodded nervously and looked forward down the path.

Yukina was the same way. Shizuru bit off the end of the thread and stood up to admire the blue rose she had just embroidered on Yukina's wedding dress. Very nice. Your dress is beautiful. Yukina smiled. Thanks. There was a long awkward pause. "Shizuru-chan, do you think me and Kazuma will be happy? I mean, I'm not sure that I'm good enough for him." Shizuru brushed off the knees of her dressy pants and beamed. "Don't be nervous! You were meant for each other." Yukina nodded, glad for the encouragement. Suddenly she was reminded of things long ago. When her and Kuwabara met, their first kiss, when Kuwabara nearly died at the hands of Zurui, the night he had proposed to her. Suddenly, everything made sense. Yukina held her head higher and smiled. "You're right Shizuru. I can't back out now." Shizuru waved a chibi victory flag. "Good luck!"

Koenma removed the pocket watch from his pocket and glanced at it. "When will Yukina be ready?" he muttered. "Oh dear, I hope she hasn't gotten cold feet!" Keiko whispered to Botan. Botan nodded in agreement just as Yukina appeared at the foot of the path. "There she is." Yusuke said. Kuwabara blushed slightly, still nervous. But, the look in Yukina's eyes soothed him and he raised his head high again as Yukina took her place by his side.

The small ruler of the Spirit World cleared his throat and gazed out blankly at the crowd. (A/N: I'm sitting in the front row with a bag of popcorn! Heh.) Shizuru flashed Yukina a thumbs up and then took her seat in the front row. "We've come here today to witness the joining of Kazuma Kuwabara and Yukina Jaganashi." Kuwabara wanted to turn to his best friend for support but couldn't move, just kept starring endlessly into Yukina's red eyes. "If there is anyone who objects to the joining of these two, let them speak or forever hold their tongue." (A/N: No Mei, no interfering... I know, it's tempting. LOL!) Yukina looked nervously to Hiei but all her brother did was smile the small smile, the one she rarely saw. "Alright then..." Kuwabara smiled at his bride to be and she smiled back. "Kazuma Kuwabara, do you take Yukina Jaganashi to be your lawful wedded wife?" Koenma muttered. Kuwabara didn't even take time to think about it. "I do." "And you," Koenma turned to Yukina. "Yukina Jaganashi, do you take Kazuma Kuwabara to be your lawful wedded husband?" Yukina nodded, shaking her bangs up and down. "I do." Then I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride! Yukina smiled and wrapped her arms around Kuwabara's broad shoulders. Kuwabara held onto his bride's waist and they kissed.

It was eleven o'clock when Kuwabara stumbled back into his apartment, Yukina in his arms. They were both dressed casually once again but their happiness from the wedding hadn't faded. Yukina unwrapped her arms from around Kuwabara neck and Kuwabara let her stand. What a day. Yukina sighed, still holding onto Kuwabara's sturdy frame. I know. Kuwabara whispered. Yukina let go. I'm going to go change. Kuwabara nodded and watched as his new wife dashed into the bedroom and into the adjoining bathroom. Kuwabara sighed and sat down on his bed. The red head removed his sneakers and socks and then his long t-shirt. He ran his fingers through his red hair and then looked up. Yukina stood in the door to the bathroom in a long white night gown. She smiled and crossed the room to sit down next to her husband. So, they lived happily ever after, huh? Kuwabara asked as he embraced Yukina. Yukina shook her head. No, it's just the beginning. Their lips met in one last passionate kiss before the lights went out.

Hiei watched from a tree outside. Good luck Yukina. He whispered through the calm night.

~~~~~~~

Finally done!!!!!! I had major writer's block right at the wedding scene. Oh well, that doesn't matter. All flames and comments are accepted at "mailto:crazedpunkwashu@aol.com" or you can IM me on AIM at Kuwabara Fangirl. Thanks!