Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 'Til Death Do Us Part ❯ Success and Defeat ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Til Death Do Us Part- Chapter 7: "Success and Defeat"

By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation owns YYH.

Notes: Hey folks! This is the last chapter! HEHEHE! (Yes, I am happy to be finishing this.) You're not out of it yet though. There's an epilogue after this. Now, thanks to the following readers:

Agent Mio

KB_girl3

Animej

@~@~@~@~@

Abunai's eyes gleamed red as she drew the ice sword at her side. "Prepare to meet your doom Yukina!" Abunai leapt at the skeptical Koorime maiden who just barely rolled out of the way before the sword rammed her through. Yukina shot back several icicles pinning Abunai's sleeve to the ground. While the maiden backed up away from her fuming competitor, Abunai pulled up from the icicles ripping off part of her sleeve. "You are full of surprises I see. I won't let my senses fail me again." As Abunai came at her again, Yukina jumped and fired another icicle. The pouch spun off from Abunai's waist but she didn't seem to notice.

Yukina's rival smiled as she knocked the Koorime maiden to the ground. "Good bye Yukina." Abunai said with a gruesome laugh. A blast was fired from Abunai's palm and Yukina moved her head out of the way just as it crashed to the ground. "You'll have to do better than that." Yukina said with a smile.

Hiei stabbed his katana into the vicious plant once more before all life was drained from it. Green blood oozed over the plant's carcass and the fire demon wiped blood off of his white collar. "That'll teach you." He muttered as he tucked his katana back into his belt. An explosion of blue light erupted from the fortress stirring the silence. "Yukina!" Someone grabbed his arm before he could run off. "Don't think you're going to do this on your own Hiei." "Ya, let us have some fun!" Hiei turned to face Kurama and Yusuke who were smiling at him. Hiei nodded. "Now, let's go lend your sister a hand." Yusuke said.

Sweat dripped down from Yukina's brow as her breathing became heavier. Abunai was just as tired as she was, poised on the other side of the room. Forming a blue blast in her hand, Yukina smiled through her fatigue. "Giving up already?" she asked Abunai. Abunai took up the ice sword again. "Never you bitch." The two jumped at each other once more, Yukina's blast ripping over Abunai's ribs and the sword slashing through the sleeve of Yukina's tank top. Yukina fell backwards only to be pinned by Abunai's long nails. "Heh, give it up Yukina, tired or not, I can annihilate you." Yukina struggled to free herself but in vain.

A gap was ripped in the ceiling and Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei tumbled in. "Yukina!" Hiei ran trying to knock Abunai off of his sister. Abunai swept her hand over them, a blast blowing the three fighters back. "Do not meddle in my affairs you fools! The girl's life is mine!" "That's where you're wrong." Yukina said. Suddenly, Abunai felt a sharp jab to her stomach sending her flying off of Yukina and into a bundle across the room. Yukina got up. "Now give me the soul and we can end this here." Yukina said holding out her hand. Abunai growled. "Never! I'll beat you if it's the last thing I do!" Yukina raised her hand as Abunai staggered to her feet. "Then so be it."

Yusuke shielded his eyes as him and the other two fights were blown back even more. Ice encased part of the floor and wall, cracking through the stone. The light died down and Hiei opened his eyes. Yukina had collapsed to her knees and Abunai stood over her, frozen solid in ice. "It was the last thing you'd do. Or try to do for that matter." Yukina muttered with a chuckle. Hiei helped the Koorime maiden to her feet. "Are you alright?" Yukina smiled and waved the bottle in front of Hiei's face. "Just fine." "Let's go. There's someone waiting back in Kaidan for that soul." Kurama said kindly. Yukina nodded. "I just have one more thing to do." Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei watched curiously as Yukina walked up to Abunai's frozen form. "This is for Kuwabara!" Yukina laid a sharp kick to the ice cracking it a bit. "This is for me!" She kicked the form again. "And this is for you, you bitch!" Yukina kicked the ice again and it crumbled, breaking the frozen Abunai to pieces. Hiei's eyes were bugging out of his head as well as the other two. "Well, that's a word I've never heard her say before…" Hiei muttered awkwardly.

It was nighttime when they returned to Kaidan. The hospital was lit up, showing no signs of the coming midnight. Yukina walked in, followed by Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei. The older nurse at the counter removes her glasses. "Are you here for treatment miss?" Yukina shook her hand. "No, I'm here to visit my fiancée." The nurse put her glasses back on suspiciously. "Name please." "Yukina Jaganashi." "Now who is your fiancée?" "Kazuma Kuwabara." The nurse nodded. "I suppose this is the last chance you'll get. I'm sorry miss but he's in critical condition. Two other women are already in there. They say their names are Keiko Urameshi and Botan." Yukina nodded. "Yes, their friends." "Alright, you may go."

Keiko opened the hospital room door to face Yukina and the other three men. "Oh good! You're here. Do you have the soul?" Yukina removed the bottle from the pocket of her torn shorts. She walked over to the side of Kuwabara's bed. Uncorking the bottle, Yukina smiled and the soul zipped back into Kuwabara's mouth.

The redhead sat up. "Wow, what a sleep." Yukina immediately threw her arms around him joyfully. "Yukina? Where am I? What happened?" Yukina shut her fiancée up by kissing him on the lips. When they broke, Yukina laughed. "It's a long story." "Go ahead," Kuwabara said, slightly confused at why he was in the hospital and Hiei, Kurama, Yusuke, Keiko, and Botan were there with in. "I have a lot of time."

~: The End :~

There it is! The end! HAHAHA! Now I just have to write the epilogue…