Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 'Til Death Do Us Part ❯ A Solo Struggle ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Til Death Do Us Part- Chapter 6: "A Solo Struggle"

By Matoko Shizaki

Disclaimer: FUNimation owns YYH.

Notes: After a day of not working on this, I can't help but feel I'm behind schedule since a bunch of my viewers (which means two…) want to see what happens. For my dedication, thanks to the following people:

Agent Mio

KB_girl3

Animej

@~@~@~@~@

The desert stopped abruptly before Hiei and Yukina, the castle at the end barred by gates. Two demons stood guard with spears in their hands. "This must be where Abunai is hiding." Yukina whispered to her brother. Hiei nodded as they approached the gates. "Halt! Who goes…" The demon was silenced as Hiei slit his throat with the katana quickly. The other demon watched in horror as purple blood spilled down the front of the demon next to him and the lifeless body fell to the ground kicking up dust. "Oh please, don't hurt me!" He squealed. Hiei grunted and prodded the remaining demon with the tip of his katana. "Is this where Abunai's hiding?" The demon nodded feebly. Hiei nodded to Yukina. "Now let us in." The demon reached for the lever and opened the immense gates. Hiei rammed the blade of the katana through the demon's neck nearly severing his head. "Go on Yukina." Suddenly, a vine from a nearby plant lashed out at the fire demon latching onto his ankles and knocking him to the ground.

"Hiei!" Yukina cried reaching for her older brother. "Run Yukina! I can handle this!" Hiei hacked at the plant with his katana. "Just go!" Yukina nodded reluctantly and ran through the gates just as they shut. The castle was gloomy as clouds swirled around overhead but Yukina entered anyway.

The hallway was poorly lit and seemed to go on forever. Yukina walked along, keeping her guard up so not to be surprised. "So Yukina, I see that you've made it to my lair." Yukina stopped in her tracks. "Abunai!" "Yes, well, you won't make it to me." Abunai's voice cackled. The anger welling up inside of Yukina gave her the energy to run even faster. Doors at her sides flew by at Yukina sprinted towards the door at the end of the hallway. Skidding to a halt, Yukina opened the door and flung herself into the next room.

Light blinded Yukina for a second at the last challenge unfolded before her. It was like a giant training course like the kind Yukina had watched Hiei do prior to this exploit. A giant pool lay in front of her, a rock-climbing wall, and two long stone walls, each with holes in them. "So Yukina, have you decided to continue?" Yukina held her head high and nodded. "I've come all this way. I can't just give up now. Kuwabara and the others are counting on me!" Yukina ran to the edge of the large lake, kicking some gravel into it. The surface bubbled as it melted the tiny stones away to nothing.

"HA! You didn't think it would be that easy, did you Koorime maiden? This lake is made of the acidic saliva Shokuyou butsu. It melts even the hardiest metal. But, I must insist that you hurry across. Twelve of my tigers are waiting to be unleashed on you. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Yukina glanced nervously over her shoulder at the cage full of tigers that had just appeared. "Darn it! I've gotta think quick!" Suddenly, the cage began to raise off the beasts how were eying Yukina hungrily. "Ice!" A sapphire haze emerged from Yukina's palms, freezing over the water. The cage flew up and the tigers came forth upon Yukina causing her to dash as swiftly as she could across the ice.

Claws slashed at Yukina's ankles as she ran for her life down the lake's ice-covered surface. In front of her was the rock climbing wall and behind her, a cruel fate. Sprinting even faster, Yukina made a jump for one of the rocks and just managed to catch hold as a claw ripped down her back. "Ah!" Yukina groaned as she pulled herself even higher up on the board. Blood dripped from the gash and trickled down her back swiftly. The tigers were still leaping at her heels, eager to not lose their dinner. Yukina ignored their frustrated roars as leapt over the other side of the wall.

She landed on her feet with a thud and looked around. Two walls surrounded her at both sides. Skeletons lay out in between the walls and around her, ancient armor still clinging to the dead, dry bones. Yukina, more cautious because of the previous two challenges, picked up a rock from around her feet and threw it in between the walls. Dozens of arrows shot out of the walls, finding their mark on the other wall. Thinking quick, Yukina picked up two shields, holding them up to each of her sides. The maiden took a deep breath and then ran, her sights set for the door on the other side of the room. Arrows shot from the walls, and ricocheted off the shields Yukina was carrying. Just as the door was a foot away, one stray arrow found its target in Yukina's ankle.

Yukina limped into the door and slammed it closed. There, she collapsed dropping the shields. With one quick tug, Yukina pulled the arrow out of her ankle. "I hope I have enough energy to heal this. It looks like a deep cut." Yukina held her shaking hands above the wound and it sealed up leaving only a scar. "Thank the gods I had the energy to heal that." Yukina said jumping nimbly to her feet. "But will I have the energy to heal any other wounds?" "So Yukina, you have more guts then I thought. But you won't defeat me, guaranteed." Yukina turned to face Abunai who was across the room from her bouncing the bottle with Kuwabara's soul in it up and down in her hand. "We'll see Abunai. I won't stop until I get that bottle." Yukina cried taking a defensive position. Abunai smiled and put the bottle back in her pouch. "I'll see about that."

~~~~~~~~~~

Was it just me or was that the corniest chapter yet? I felt it wasn't very good but let me know what you think. Flames and comments are eagerly accepted at crazedpunkwashu@aol.com.