Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 3 Shades of Kuwabara ❯ The Situation ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


Nonchalantly Kuwabara walks farther into his bedroom; side-eye cast on the dead guy sitting on his bed. "Kinda hard to "explain" when I don't know what the heck you're talking about." The lamp on his desk clicks on when he pulls the chain. Kuwabara takes a seat at the desk and faces his bed.

"What I meant was have you hypnotized me or something? Why can't I get your ugly mug out of my head?" He holds the side of his head like he's trying to keep his thoughts smushed inside. "I skipped going home to come here," Momentarily purplexed the man shakes his head. "I don't even know how I knew where here was!"

"Hn." Replies Kuwabara a bit offended by the ghost's comments. But the red head knew how to catch the man in his denial. "Say, how'd you get in here in anyway?"

Crossing his arms over his chest the man says. "Your lovely sister let me in, smarty pants."

'Tch. It figures Shizuru wouldn't tell me anything.' Thinks Kuwabara. 'Looks like delicately won't be enough for this guy. I'll just have to shock him and take the reprocaution.' Clearing his throat to silence the mans ranting about being very busy when all the red head has seen, so far from him, is a slacker. "And will you stop calling me stupid! My name is K-u-w-a-b-a-r-a."

"Tch, whatever you say, Coolahorror," He mocked purposefully. "My name is Nemura Haji."

"Now we're getting somewhere," He grins. "What do you do for a living Haji?"

Turning his nose up completely appauled by the lack of respect teenagers have these days the man replies in clipped tone. "I work in insurance- not that its any of your business."

"No, I guess its not."

"Thank y-.." Haji winces hard; his hand grabbing right away for his side.

Kuwabara recognizes it as the place where he had seen blood on Haji when they were on the street. "Hey buddy!" He stands up so quickly the chair at his desk, where he sat down, falls back. "Are you alright?" He's at Nemura's side, concern over his face.

Nemura only groaned in pain falling over onto the bed on his good side. "Dammit." He swore.

"How'd you get that cut on your side?" Asks the red head.

"Rrr..." He strains painfully then asks when the wave of hurt dulls. "What cut?"

Kuwabara's brainwaves were already working in full swing as it, unintentionally, offered itself to the spirit that unknowingly manifested itself from his 'gift'; but using a bit more he shoves the man's coat aside to show him the blood on his dress shirt. Completely confused, Haji touches the blood; shocked, he lifts his shirt tugging it out from the tuck job he gave it this morning when he dressed. "Ahaha wha- what the hell is this?" He asks in histerics.

Baffled, Kuwabara's eyes widen. "That's not a cut, its a hole!" The spirit sensative male would have touched it if he thought it would have done any good, the man is already dead- can't heal that.

"Don't just sit there looking at it, stupid, help me!"

"D-.. I can't!" He spat.

"Oh get out of my way," The ghost gets up from the bed grabbing the phone receiver. Stabbing the buttons with his finger he waits for the opperater to pick up.

"Hey!" Kuwabara snatches the phone just as the opperator for the police department comes on. "Huh? Oh no, this is a false alarm, my uh.. little brother is playing on the phone- you're bad, Haji."

"Little brother? You damned idiot, call for help!"

But Kuwabara has already hung up. "What the hell are you doing?"

Glaring Nemura asks. "Shouldn't that be my question?" Touching the injury he reminds the spirit detective. "U'm bleeding to death!"

"You're not bleeding to death!" Kuwabara barks just as loudly then lowers his voice. "You're not bleeding to death because you're already dead."

Blinking the man is silent. The still in the air could choke a cow, not to mention the tension but finally Haji says coolly.

"Tch. My brother, he put you up to this because I missed that stupid birthday party for his baby- its a baby for fucks sake, like she'd remember it."

"What is it gonna take?" Kuwabara crashes defeatedly on his bed. Then it hit him. "When was the last time you had to use the bathroom? Or when you felt hungry- its pretty late a guy usually wants a solid meal by now."

Nemura seemed to be considering that and from the growing desperate look on Kuwabara can tell that the man is beginning to listen to what he's saying. Frantic, Haji's no longer functioning lungs remain calm and dead, though, the man is imitating loss of air while exampling a panic attack.

"It isn't true! It can't be!"

And as suddenly as he appeared in the red heads like he vanished.

"A-... I, at least, hope he went up- though, he was kind of a dick, so who knows."

Kuwabara didn't have time to dwell on it and cleaned the mess up off his, now, stained carpet from his, now, ruined dinnerl making a note to save up for a new throw rug to replace this ramen scented one the red head then changed for the night and curled up in bed, hungry, but too tired to do anything more for the day.

The next day. Kurama, accompanied by Hiei in the backseat, Kuwabara beside Kurama in shotgun and Yusuke is.....

Growling the red head turns to the kitsune to say. "Honk the horn, I'll bet the dope isn't even up yet."

"Hn. An entire night smelling your breath would keep anyone down for a while." Hiei comments with a bating smirk.

"Tch. Jokes on you, jerk, I wasn't even at Urameshi's last night." Triumphant he grins, crossing his arms. He's feeling pretty good right now; first he got rid of Haji Nemura and now he's got one up on Hiei; this week might be a promising week for him. "Bof!" Growling, Kuwabara re-situates himself. 'Nope, not gonna let him get to me.'

Another kick of the back of the chair followed by 3 rapid kicks begged to differ with the males thoughts- which he forgot the youkai can read. Damn. And Hiei knew that it would only take one more kick....

Turning in the seat Kuwabara screams. "Rrrr- alright! That's it!"

Chuckling, the youkai comments smugly. "Turn that ugly face of yours to the front; its making me sick."

"Then stop kicking the back of my seat."

Watching them, Kurama sighs. "Should have taken seperate cars." He mutters.

"Why are you sitting behind me anyway." He faces front.

"I can assure you its no picnic in the flowers, but I'd rather smell you by mostly held breath than see you out the side of my eye."

"Why youuu....."

"Here's Yusuke," Interrupts Kurama before muttering. "And not a moment too late."

The door opens behind Kurama. "You can all relax, Urameshi, the great, has arrived."

"If you were all that great you'd of been out here in ten minutes ago- like whe I spoke to you over the phone, instead of damn near fourty five minutes late. What were you doing, sleeping?" Complained Kuwabara.

Elbow resting on the shoulder of Kurama's seat, Yusuke leans forward to look at Kuwabara. "And when I spoke to you did you happen to notice the slurred voice and agreeing to anything you, of all people, had to say? I was half sleep." He snickers. Turning his head, the late male sits back. "Hey short stack, isn't it a little early to have that third eye twitching."

Hiei closes his visible eyes to ignore the detective.

"Well Hiei's in a good mood, which means this road trip is gonna be worth something." He almost cheered.

'I'd of been better off inviting two seperate packs of wolves.' Thinks Kurama.

The car pulls away from the curb falling easily into Tokyo traffic.

.................

"............" Speechless Kuwabara looks around the room of the department store. "Maan this place is ritzy, shoulda brought my really big wallet."

The dress store for men is more wide than large but its so well decorated with a thick carpet dulling the foot steps of the dressers and customers as they buzz about the place; chandelliers that looked expensive enough that if you chipped it your grandkids would be working off the tail end of the debt well into their elderly years. Sporting the same expression as his lover Yusuke whistles.

"Hope you brought the big wallet, Kuwabara."

Leaving from the entrance so as further into the store Kurama says, as though pointing out a missing post on a fence. "Pick out any one you like, my stepfather has a charge account here and said he'd pay for the suits."

Kuwabara and Yusuke's jaws hit the floor; Hiei joined Kurama's side seeming as if he'd still rather be in the car taking a nap. Being the first to come out of the stupor, Yusuke catches up to the half demon.

"He must have some kind of sweet job to buy suits for guys he doesn't even know- that or he really wants to kiss up to your mom. Say," He says after a second thought. "if things don't work out between the two of them, you think it'd be alright if my old woman dated him?"

"Oh nice one Urameshi, don't ever question a guys love for someone or-.." He staggers backward out of the store. "Hey what's the big idea grabbing me!?" He snaps at whoever had the nerve to touch the person of the number one bad ass of Nishiran High school. "Ah-..." Momentarily stunned he finally gets out. "You again! I thought you went on to Heaven or Hell or whever a crank like you winds up; what are you doing here?"

Hands on his hips Haji glares daggers at the teen. "If you must know, smartass, I went home last night to see my wife and... and you were right, I walked right up to her and she didn't even notice me or say anything- Hell, she walked right through me, muttering about how I must be out drinking with my foreign buddies."

Kuwabara watches as the man crumples in on his self dropping to the ground; it was a sad sight.

"You're not listening, I'm telling you that I even spoke to her and got nothing back!"

"And what do you want me to do about it? I can't go to your house and tell her you're dead, she won't believe me for one, and two, she'll want details or proof of which I have neither."

Two very cute girls walk by giggling and pointing at the male that's talking to mid-air.

"What a weirdo." Says a girl with dark hair and noticibly big pearl earrings.

"Come on, we can't stay here on the street; you're making me look like a creep."

"Like I care." Replies Haji in a cold way.

"Kuwabara, get in here. We don't have all day and we oughta get something before Kurama changes his mind."

"Ahe, coming Urameshi," Shooting a look over his shoulder to answer he than looks at the ghost with a 'don't follow me' expression before going back inside the store.

Dismayed, Haji walks into the store as well.

"What do you think Hiei, this one or this one?"

The kitsune holds up first a dark blue suit against the shorter male, then changes it to a dark green taking in Hiei's reflection in the mirror he smiles.

Sighing in agitation Hiei says. "That one." Minus any indication of which one he's speaking of.

"I think the blue one looks best with your hair color. "Noting the starburst with a smirk Kurama corrects himself. "Colors."

"Good, let's leave before Yusuke and Kuwabara remember that they came with someone."

Chuckling into the side of his hand, Kurama returns to the dressing room, a finger signaling for Hiei to follow.

Yusuke already knew what type and color suit he wanted, going into the dressing room to try it on he listens to his lover in the next change room.

"So what do you want me to do?" Kuwabara asks someone.

"Who the heck is he talking to?" Wonders Yusuke out loud.

"I already told you, that won't work."

Fed up, the dark haired male rolls his eyes. "Kuwabara quit talking to yourself, I'm starting to worry."

Kuwabara glances at the wall diving him and his lover. Lowering his voice he answers Haji. "Listen, there are two types of ghosts in the world, the ones that know they're head and choose to stay and others are the guys that don't know they're dead- guys like you."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Haji puts his hands on his hips.

"Until you figure out how it is that you died, you won't be able to pass on, and since your death wasn't expected you can't communicate with the living."

"Duh, I'm talking to you- obvious lie."

"Ha-duuuh, yourself; I'm not your average human. I can see spirits and stuff, I'm what people call a sensative."

"No kidding?" Haji looks Kuwabara over as though in a new light. "Guess ugly people have to have something unigue about them."

"Funny." Sliding out of his pants he hangs them on the hook attached to the door. "Can you get lost, until you figure out either how you died or where your body is I can't help you."

"Tch. Whatever you jerk."

The door swings open on its own; a few men gasp when seeing the exposed male beyond the door. Freaked, the red head slams the door closed.

"I'm gonna die of embarrassment, I swear." Removing his shirt he slips on the cream colored shirt that comes with the suit. "Not like I don't want to help the guy, I just can't without all the pieces to his death. Seems like its only been a day since he passed away, otherwise, he'd of been known that his family can't hear him. Checking his reflection Kuwabara grins. "Hey, I look pretty good in this; fits good too." Turning this way and that the male undresses returning the clothes to the hanger.

In another part of the store, a man crouches before Hiei; ruler in hand, he leans the strip forward towards the male's crotch and-...

"Touch me and you die." Hiei threatens in a dead serious manner.

Frightened a bit and yet still finding a shred of nerve to be appauled the skinny, stuffed shirt male says. "I beg your pardon?"

"I said-.."

"His measurements are written on this paper," Kurama interrupts after writing down the measurements on a piece of notepad paper from the tiny book he brought with him from his coat pocket. "As well as mine; thank you very much for your help."

Taking the slip of paper the clerk, though not sure what's going on, nods then walks away.

"Hiei, you really shouldn't.."

"I'm ready to go." Says Yusuke sporting a new suit with a plastic dress cover over his shoulder. Looking about the place with a flick of his brown eyes he asks. "Where's Kuwabara?"

Glancing about, as well, Kurama replies. "I don't know."

"I'm hoping he won't come back, nevermind where he went." Hiei offers up his way of looking.

"He'll catch up." Yusuke starts for the door.