Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Betrayal and A Romance ❯ Zyf's Secret, Hiei's Fear ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Betrayal and a Romance1Secret, Hiei's Fear


"So, what should we do on such a nice afternon?" Kurama asked as they were sitting in his living room.
Kuwabara piped up, "Football!"
Yusuke argued, "Soccer!"
Hiei stopped them and said, "I want to know something. It's been nagging at me since we met you."
Zyf cocked her head and asked, "What?"
Just as he was about to answer, the door bell wrang. Kurama walked over and opened the door, saying, "Well hello, Botan. What brings you here?"
Botan stepped in and replied, "Koenma wants to talk to you all."
Kurama asked, "Well we were just debating on what to do. Shall we go then?"
Botan shook her head and replied, "No, I have the stuff to set up a two way TV phone."
Everyone was shocked as Botan lifted the heavy suit case she was carrying. She could barely lift it. Zyf walked over to her and took the suitcase from her hands. Botan thanked her and added, "To be honest, I'm not sure how to hook it up."
Kuwabara stepped forward and said, "I'll do it. I can hook anything up."
Yusuke mumbled, "More like blow anything up."
Zyf and Botan giggled a little and Zyf stepped in, "As talented as you may be, I've gone to electronics summer camp."
Botan clapped her hands together, "Great, this will be wonderful. Oh, by the way, I'm Botan." She stuck out her hand. Zyf shook hands and explained that she was Yusuke's little sister. After they hooked up the phone thing on Kurama's living room TV, everyone sat down.
Kuwabara, Yusuke, and Botan were on the floor, Kurama was in a lazy boy chair, and Hiei and Zyf were on the couch. When Koenma answered his phone they had to explain who Zyf was again before he started to talk.
Koenma seemed upset that Zyf was there, "Well, she'll have to stay here. The rest of you have to go to America, the U.S.A. to be more exact. A group of girls have been taken hostage by a gang of demons."
Kurama interupted, "That doesn't sound right. Why would a demon hold human hostages?"
Zyf added, "Where in the U.S. is it?"
Koenma answered, "Yes, it seems odd, but the demons are strong. Their leader is even more powerful then Toguro."
Everyone tightened up. Zyf was the only one who didn't seem to care. She asked again, "Where?"
Koenma asked, "Didn't Yusuke tell you about Toguro? You seem rather calm."
Zyf stood up and asked again, as if she hadn't heard him, "Toddler, look, where are the girls from? Who are they?"
Koenma finally answered, "They all curently live in Oklahoma. Botan has names and pictures with her."
Zyf gasped and looked at Botan. She pointed to a folder on the ground. Zyf ran over and picked up the folder. Before she opened it, she said, "Not my friends...please." Then she opened it and imediantly closed it back. She threw the folder to the other side of the room and said, "I'm going with you."
Koenma corrected, "It's to dangerous. I don't care if they're your friends."
Zyf turned and gave Koenma the most evil glare he had ever seen, "Your diper fumes must have killed your brain cells. I don't care what you say. My best friends are being held against their will and you want me to stay here. I'm stronger then my brother and there's nothing you can say to keep me here."
Koenma gulped and said, "I dought that you're stronger then Yusuke."
Yusuke inturupted, "Actully, she is. She's always been stronger then me. She probebly could have beaten Toguro without going to her full power."
Kuwabara screamed, "What? We could have gotten your sister to beat him and I wouldn't have had to fake my death!"
Hiei added, "Yusuke, you're even more stupid then your stupid friend."
Zyf inturupted, "Hello, it doesn't matter. I'm going, end of story."
Koenma sighed and nodded to Botan. She held up five first class air tickets to America. Koenma added, "Botan, you'll have to stay here."
Botan nodded and replied, "I should have known a vacation was out of the question."
the Plane, the Next Day

Everyone was sitting in their seats. They were in first class so they were sitting around a rectangular table on couches. Yusuke was sitting across from an empty seat and next to his sister. On the other side was Kuwabara, who was sitting across from Kurama consumed in reading a book on American vegitation. Hiei was sitting across from the space in between Yusuke and Zyf. He was sweating badly as the engine started up.
The captain came over the intercom and said, "We'll be taking off in under two minutes. Everyone should be seated and buckled up."
Zyf looked over at Hiei, who had just gulped. She saw him jump as the intercom had come on. So not to embarass him, Zyf spoke in English as she asked, "Have you ever ridden in a plane before?"
Yusuke butted in, "Don't start that English crap again. What are you saying to him anyway?"
Zyf rolled her eyes and sarcasticly replied, "We're talking about going and making out in the bathroom."
Yusuke along with Kuwabara looked over at Hiei to see what he'd say. As if to answer them, he replied, in English, "You're a demon."
Zyf's eyes went wide for a moment. Kuwabara scooted closer to Yusuke and whispered, "What did he say?" Yusuke shrugged.
After thinking about what he had said, Zyf replied (still in English), "How could you tell?"
Hiei replied (in English until I say different), "Where's Yusuke's sister?"
Zyf rolled her eyes again and said, "I am his sister, his half sister. I'm like Kurama, but different in a way. When he was born, he got the body of Shuichi. When I was born I was...how do I put this? Well, I got the body of Sarah Urameshi, but what you see is a fusion between the two."
Hiei seemed interested in this and had stopped sweating. He asked, "What kind of demon are you?"
Zyf smiled at him. Hiei asked, "What?"
She replied, "We're in the air." Hiei looked out his window and saw that she was right.
He asked, "Did you make that up so that I'd forget about the take off?"
Zyf shook her head and replied, "No, but it was worth relealing my secret. Yusuke doesn't know, and I want to keep it that way. As to your question earlier, I'm a weather apperition." With that it started to rain and thunder outside the plane.
The captain came over the intercom and ashured, "Just a slight storm. We'll be over the Pacific Ocean in a couple of hours."
Hiei started to sweat again and said (in Japanese for a bit), "That's not funny."
Zyf tried not to laugh, but let out a small giggle. Yusuke and Kuwabara looked over, confused. Kurama was still to fasinated in his book to care. A few seconds later, Hiei jumped.
Yusuke looked over and asked, "What's wrong?"
Hiei didn't look at him. He answered, "Nothing." And he left it at that. Under the table, Zyf had her foot running up and down his pant leg. In his head, Hiei thought, "I hate this stupid metal death box." He looked over at Zyf and started to move his foot closer to hers. He thought, "Why is her human flirting relaxing me?"
About an hour later, Yusuke noticed that Hiei was still staring at Zyf. She was looking out her window, as if she was in a trance. Yusuke elbowed her in the side and asked, "Hey Sis."
At this, Zyf jumped. She looked over at her brother, blinking, "What? Oh, I was just looking at the storm. It's about to die down."
Hiei looked at her and mumbled, "It's about time." He took his foot away from hers.
Zyf looked at him. Her face seemed to be hurt, used. She asked (O.K. English from now on, from them anyway), "You're a fire apperition, right?"
Hiei answered, "Half. I'm half ice apperition as well."
For a few hours they talked about their childhoods. Kuwabara and Yusuke watched movies and went to sleep after only three. Kurama finished his book and another one and retired for the ride as well.
When Hiei had been sure everyone was asleep, except for him and Zyf of corse, he inched his foot closer to hers. Finally, he dared to rub his foot up and down her blue jean covered leg. Zyf smiled at him and said, "Took you long enough."


Author's note: Just so you didn't forget, the gang was in first class. They had their oven bunks and a privet TV and everything.