Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Betrayal and A Romance ❯ Two Day's Ransom ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Betrayal and a Romance3Day's Ransome

When the gang walked into Koenma's office, the guys looked to see a total mess. Zyf ran over to Botan, who was crying on the floor in the corner. She tried to comfort the grim reaper, "Come here." She hugged Botan who seemed to need one.
Kuwabara added, "Yeah, you'll see his short body back in that chair in no time." At this Botan started to cry again. She placed her head in her hands, letting go of Zyf.
Yusuke yelled, "Great Kuwabara, you made her cry. Go on and remind her about him, so she'll be to upset to tell us anything. Mean while, toddler's getting his head chopped off somewhere." Botan yelled, and cried even louder.
It was Kurama's turn, "Botan, what happened?" Botan thought a moment, then shivered. She calmed a little, but didn't say.
Zyf looked over at Hiei, who asked, "What? I'm not saying anything."
Zyf nodded her head, "Good, at least one of you has a brain." She looked back to Botan. Putting her hand on Botan's shoulder, "Botan, listen, I know you don't want to think about it, but Yusuke's right. We need to know where Koenma is so we can bring him back. O.K.?"
Botan nodded, "Sure."
Yusuke's mouth dropped, "How come you didn't make her cry?"
Zyf sighed and said, "It's a girl thing."
Botan laughed a little and handed her a note. Zyf started to read outloud, "Dear Spirit Detectives, I have taken your leader while you were foolishly falling for my weak trap in America. If you wish to see him again alive come to the island on the lake where your onna lives. She'll know of which I speak. Come in two day's time. I wish to fight the legendary weather apperition. Signed, Ekiken Funaki, the thunder apperition."
Botan fainted. Zyf sighed and asked, picking her up, "Poor thing. Can you three not kill each other if I get Hiei to help me take her to her room?" The others nodded, while Kuwabara elbowed Yusuke in the side. Yusuke slapped him upside the head. Zyf and Hiei rolled their eyes, as they made their way out of the door.
After they got her into the room and Zyf tucked her in, Hiei and Zyf slowly made their way back to Koenma's office. Zyf was thinking of a way to make conversation. They hadn't talked much since inside the incident inside the library. She started to say something, but was cut off by Hiei.
He pushed her against the wall, making himself taller then her. His crimson red eyes looked at her as he asked, "I need to know!"
With a confused look on her face, Zyf asked, "What?"
He continued, "Why are you mad at me?"
Zyf's expretion changed as she frowned, "No, I thought you were mad at me. I'm sor..."
She as cut off again. This time, her eyes went wide for a moment as she saw Hiei leaning toward her. Then, just before he was about to kiss her, a loud scream was heard down the hall.
It was Kuwabara, laughing his ass off, as he said, "I knew it! The midgit likes Urameshi's sister!"
Zyf sighed as she saw that Yusuke was not in the hall. Hiei let go of Zyf, and disappeared. He reappeared in front of Kuwabara, glowing purpleish-black. His voice was calm, but outraged at the same time, "If a single word of this gets to Yusuke, I'll make sure my dragon finds its way to your cat!"
Kuwabara nodded, shaking in fear. He gulped and said, "Yusuke and Kurama went back to human world. They went to your girlfriend's house." Then he turned and ran as fast as his legs could go. He slowly disappeared down the hall, heading toward the portal for human world.
Zyf was mubling something about a red haired baka ruining something, when Hiei started to walk back to her. She had gotten up from leaning against the wall and was now asking, "Do you really trust him?"
Hiei smirked and looked upward, "I can keep track of him."
Zyf replied, confused, "O.K., I'll get that later. Come with me. I want to show you something." She took Hiei's hand and quickly ran down the hall to the portal.
in Human world

After a while of walking behind Zyf's house, she let go of Hiei's hand and said, "We're here."
Hiei asked, "Where's here?"
Zyf pulled him forward and simply replied, "Look up." He did. Before Zyf could add anything, Hiei had grabbed her hand and jumped up into a giant tree. It was the tallest one around, and had a single branch sticking out, perfectly.
When they got up their, Zyf explained, "This is my favorite spot. You can see over the lake from here. I come here somethimes and just think."
Hiei nodded, as he to had a favorite tree, back in Japan and Makai as well. But this one had the best veiw he had ever seen. He looked over to Zyf, who was sitting out on the branch, her feet dangling.
She took her hair down from its usual spot in a bandana. The clothes she wore now were similair to the ones she had worn the first time me had met her. Although this outfit had a black tank top and lighter colored pants with designs on down the sides. She seemed to glow, as the sun set over the lakes red color, which was caused by the surrounding red dirt.
Zyf looked back at Hiei, seeing that he was staring at her. He was in his usual position, leaning against the trunck of the tree. As usual, he was wearing his black pants and clokes. His red eyes gistened in the dim lighting.
Zyf seemed nervous, figiting every so often. Hiei asked, "Is something wrong?"
Looking over, she replied, "No...well, it's just... ..."
Hiei looked conserned, "You can tell me." He placed a hand on Zyf's shoulder.
Zyf looked into his eyes and confessed, "Well, I'm seriously pissed off."
Hiei seemed a little calmer, but more confused in a way, "Why?"
She smiled and explained, "In the hall...Kuwabara's a freakin` baka...you were about to..." She seemed to embarrised to finish, but it wasn't necessary. Hiei smiled and laughed a little.
She looked over at him and asked, "What's so funny? You were, weren't you?"
Hiei's smile beamed. Zyf looked away, frustrated. In responce, Hiei leaned over and picked her up. He sat her in his lap and put his hand under her chin. He moved her face to face him. They stayed like that for a while, until Zyf said, "I sware, if Kuwabara inturrups this, I'm going to kill him."
Hiei laughed a little and added, "Your brother would kill me...well, try to anyway."
Zyf slightly shook her head and said, "He'd have to..." She was cut off by a pair of soft lips covering hers.
After a bit, neither really knew how long, they seperated, both breathing hard. Hiei and Zyf were smiling like crazy people. Hiei placed his hand around Zyf's waist, pulling her closer to him. This time, she kissed him. As the kiss went on, Zyf placed her hands around Hiei's head, deapening the kiss. Hiei was about to dare to stick his tounge in her mouth, when Zyf pulled away.
With a disappointed look on his face, he asked, "What's wrong?"
Zyf jumped out of the tree to the ground, saying, "DAMN IT, WHO'S THERE!" Hiei jumped down as well, placing his arm around Zyf.
They saw a small bush rustle some, then out jumped a small gray and white cat. With a pur, she rubbed against Zyf's leg. Hiei sighed and Zyf picked up the small feline. She laughed, "Bell, you scared us, you nut cat. It's O.K. Hiei, she' mine. I should have known she'd find me out here. She always does."
Hiei nodded and confessed, "I thought it was Yusuke."
It was Zyf's turn to nod, but she asked, "What would we have told him if it was? I mean, if we start to make out in trees all the time, he's eventually going to find out."
He shrugged and replied, "Up to you."
Zyf was about to respond, when she was slammed into the tree she had been in moments ago. When she looked up, she say Hiei's smile beeming down at her. It didn't last long, as he leaned down and kissed her, sneaking his tounge into her mouth.
After a while, Zyf moved her hands away from the back of his head and started to untie Hiei's cloke. With one clean sweap, it was thrown to the ground and she placed her hands on his warm chest. He still had his hand on the tree, but now moved the other around her waist, pulling her closer to him.
Zyf took one hand off of his chest and placed it around Hiei's neck, deapening the kiss. As they fell back to the tree, Zyf started to unbuckle the many belts on Hiei's pants. When she got done, they seperated. He pulled off her shirt, revealing a black sports bra. She smiled and they started kissing agian.
Then, a voice was heard, louder then needed, "I think they're over here, Urameshi!"
Hiei gerked back, as Zyf couldn't, pinned to the tree. He quickly redid his belts and stated, "You're breathing hard. They're going to notice."
Zyf laughed and replied, "It's O.K. I've got an idea. Pretend we've been training out here." Hiei nodded and got into a fighting stance. He thought about the idea. It was perfect, as they were indead breathing hard and sweating furiously.
Just then, Yusuke, along with Kurama and Kuwabara walked up to them. Seeing his sister's shirt lying on the groud next to his feet, Yusuke picked it up and threw it at her. She pulled it back on as her brother asked, "What were you doing out here, Sis?"
Kuwabara winked at Hiei, silently explaining that he had screamed to warn them. Zyf replied toward his brother, "We were training."
Kuwabara gulped as he thought of what to say. As if responding, Hiei appeared in his head, "If you don't say something, Yusuke's going to ask you about it. If that happens, I'll be cleaning your blood off of my sword in less then two minutes."
Gulping again, Kuwabara asked, "Right, so you weren't making out in the woods and taking each other's clothes off?"
Zyf convincingly rolled her eyes and Hiei gave a snort. After what seemed like an eturnity of aquard silence, Kurama stated, "I think we should all get some rest."
Everyone nodded, except for Yusuke. He was staring at his sister, trying to figure her out. She tried to ignore it. Kuwabara asked, "What are we going to do for two days?"
Zyf was the first to reply, "How about I train you all tomorrow and you can heal the next day."
Hiei grunted and asked, "What makes you think you're going to train us?"
She answered, "Nothing. But I do want to see what each of you have? I haven't seen any of you fight yet."
Yusuke seemed pissed as he asked, "I thought you were just training with Hiei."
Thinking quickly, she replied, "I want to see moves, not just sparing. What's up with you, Bub?"
With a snort, he walked off toward the house. She called back at him, "I'll take that as a yes."
Kurama asked, "Will he be O.K.?"
Zyf nodded and said, "He's just trying to be my older brother and protect me." As she said that, she jumped a little. Hiei's eyes widened as well.
Kurama laughed a bit and assured, "It's O.K. I can speak English as well."
For the longest time, no one spoke, until Zyf started to laugh. She was joined by Kuwabara and Kurama. Hiei, on the other hand, seemed a little mad, "Why do you find this funny?"
Kuwabara was trying to talk as he laughed, "Shorty's...gota`..." He couldn't finish. He was laughing to hard.
Hiei made a fist, "I've got a WHAT?!"
Kurama and Kuwabara started laughing again. Hiei got an anime anger thingy on his head and started growling. They looked at him and started laughing again. Finally, Kuwabara finished, "Shorty's got a girlfriend!!!"
Hiei started to blush and looked over at Zyf. She, on the other hand, seemed rather pissed. A loud smack was heard as she slapped the back of Kuwabara's head, saying, "Thanks for helping out with Yusuke. But Shorty's girlfriend's got a name, damn it!!!"