Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Habit ❯ Part 2: A Friend? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kinshin: As you people know. Don't own so don't sue. With that settled enjoy!

A Habit

Part 2: A… Friend?

Shuuichi's POV

I didn't bother calling the school to have the week off. I didn't want that pile of homework for the weekend. And I didn't want to stay up all night. Though one of my fan club members would actually bring it to me every time I'm absent. But I decided not to. It's been an interesting couple of days.

School is already out and I began walking home. I'm sort of hungry maybe I could eat something at home. I've been eating take out for one day. I didn't bother looking in the fridge.

I continued walking through the streets. I didn't find interesting to eat so I just decided not to buy. I sighed. It's been a boring day so far. I don't know.

I looked ahead to see a butcher with his butcher knife raised and yelling. I wonder why. I saw that there was an animal coming towards my direction. It had a piece of raw meat in its mouth. I chuckled mentally. So that's why. Must've stolen it. I was about to move out of the way but the fox, from what I could see, hid behind me. The butcher stopped in front of me.

"Is that cat yours?" he asked sternly, a bit angry.

Cat? Isn't it a fox? Oh well. I looked down at the fox and he gave me a pleading look. Can't resist.

"Uh, yeah he is. If he did something wrong I'm sorry. I promise he won't do it again," I said most politely. It does count. The butcher seemed to think of it for a moment before nodding and walking off.

I petted the fox before moving on. I don't know though. The fox seemed smarter than it lets on, oh well. I looked back to see it following me. I might as well. It would be nice to have company in the place because it sometimes creeps me out when I'm left alone. It feels like there's someone else when there isn't. I signaled for it to follow and it rushed by my side. I smiled at it before continually walking to my house.

I reached it and opened door. I closed it after the fox went inside. It seemed to wait for me and followed me upstairs to put my stuff down. I smiled as it made itself comfortable on my bed. I didn't mind the least. I opened the window to let a little breeze in. I walked down the stairs to get something to eat.

Now that I realized it, what would a fox be doing in a city, especially with silver fur? That is kinda weird. I didn't know foxes like that existed. Oh well, I must've not discovered that yet in a book. Not that I want to. I sighed. I wonder what would I tell mom when she gets home.

Oh well I'll deal with it when she actually gets home. I sometimes lie to her face anyways. They won't hurt her because they're just little lies. Not that big of a deal.

I finished eating and walked upstairs to bring the fox some food but he's asleep on my bed. Great, where do I sleep? I noticed that he only took half of the bed. Well I guess I could sleep on the other half. Something tells me, the fox knows more than it seems. I just don't know, there's something weird though.

I shrugged it off as paranoia. I walked to the bathroom to take a shower and do my daily routine with my razor blades or glass in case I 'accidentally' smash the mirror again. I think if I smash the mirror again, mom might get suspicious. And I'm running out of excuses to say. She might check it out herself and find the bloodstains on the floor. I'm dead meat if she finds out. Plus I don't want to see a shrink.

I placed it over my arm. I hesitated. I don't know why. I'm having second thoughts. What am I saying?

I quickly made a cut not realizing how deep it is. I slumped down in a sitting position. I leaned against the wall, becoming tired all of a sudden. I think I cut in the wrong place. I looked at my arm to see that I cut where my wrist is supposed to be. So I cut in the wrong place. Damn. I got up slowly trying to regain the lost part of my consciousness. I looked for the bandages and quickly put pressure on my cut. I quickly wrapped it up tightly and stumbled out of the bathroom to reach my bed or the floor, whichever I reach first. I closed the light and door. I walked more slowly towards the bed. The room is starting to get darker.

I felt myself fall to the floor before loosing consciousness.

Normal POV

A 'THUMP' sounded throughout the room. Immediately the fox's head shot up and looked around the room thinking of it as an intruder until he saw the body on the floor. He rushed quickly by the human's side and nuzzled the neck to feel for a pulse. Relieved to find one. Soon he changed form. He now stood about six to seven feet tall human looking with fox ears and a tail sticking out of his tunic. He picked the human up and placed him gently on the bed.

He wondered what happened. The human didn't have physical attacks on the body. He looked at the bandaged wrist. He made an assumption. The human tried to kill himself but tried to stop it? He didn't know. He sighed and looked at the sleeping face. Beautiful…

He shook his head. This mission isn't going good for him, so far.

He can't deal with a suicidal human. At least he thinks the human is suicidal.

He changed back into a fox and lied himself beside the human and fell into sleep.

* * *

The next morning…

Shuuichi bolted up in panic. As soon as he realized where he was he calmed down. He glanced around to see everything in order except for the bush of silver fur next to him. He then remembered what happened yesterday. He looked at his bandaged arm. He wondered why he was able to wake up in the morning. Shouldn't he be anemic by now?

He did feel weak though. He then wondered how he was able to live this long. He thought that he should be dead by now. He's lucky that his mother isn't here. Then he remembered something.

School.

He groaned. He didn't feel like going. He stood up slowly not to disturb the sleeping fox. Now it just occurred to him. Didn't he fall to the floor? Or he didn't remember and just forgot? He agreed with the latter and headed downstairs to call the school and tell them that he's going to take the week off.

He made his way downstairs slowly so he won't fall. He was still feeling the effects of his unexpected suicide attempt. Before he could phone the school the phone rang. He was startled. He answered and his mother was on the other line.

"You're coming early?" Shuuichi asked as she said that. She spoke a bit more.

"Oh what time?"

She answered something.

"Okay then. Bye mother. I love you." He said before hanging up.

He sighed. His mother would be here later tonight. He dialed the number of the school and told them he is going to be sick for the rest of the week starting today. He felt tired and didn't feel like eating. So he walked back to his room. He saw the fox up and looking around. He was a bit surprised at the smartness that the fox possessed. He didn't mind it and lied down on the bed. He almost fell asleep immediately had the fox not jumped on the bed too.

Shuuichi smiled and just soon fall back to sleep. He was aware of something warm lying under his arm and just blacked out completely. He noted that he felt…cold.

Later that day, Shuuichi woke up. He sat up groggily and looked around half-asleep. He was still tired and he wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't. He then noticed the fox still beside him who woke up too and was looking up at him. He petted the fox and smiled before standing up slowly so he won't get dizzy.

Of course that course of action didn't work because he collapsed half on the bed, half on the floor. Luckily his top half fell on the bed. He moaned in pain. His head hurts and he felt dizzier than before.

The fox immediately rushed to his aid. He nuzzled to see if Shuuichi is still alive. And was relieved to see the beautiful emerald green eyes open.

"Damn. I think I need to watch where I cut next time," Shuuichi said, more to himself than the fox. He slowly stood up and tried to make himself walk towards the window to open it since it felt a bit stuffy in the room. He managed to get the window open but almost fell off. He caught himself and laughed a little.

Then the doorbell rang.

"Huh? I wonder who that could be. I hope it's not one of those crazy fan girls. I can't stand them," he said while walking down. The fox followed him to make sure Shuuichi didn't fall off the stairs and got knocked unconscious. Luckily for him he didn't fall off the stairs.

Shuuichi answered the door and were greeted with two unfamiliar people. One that is almost as tall as him had gelled back black hair and brown eyes, the other was shorter less than 5' but almost with spiked up hair with a white starburst in the center and a blue tint on the edges with red eyes. He found that a little weird but didn't think of it. But he knew from the growl that the fox emitted, knew them and isn't a happy animal.

"Uh is there something you need?" Shuuichi asked the two people on his front step.

"Oh we were just trying to track down the fox we just lost yesterday. Someone said that they saw you with him. Seeing as he's here well, looks like we don't have to worry. Right Kurama?" the brown eyed one said looking at the fox accusingly.

The fox, dubbed Kurama, growled in annoyance before turning its head away glaring at whatever was in front of him.

"Shut it baka kitsune. It's your fault that we had to track you all the way down here," the smaller one said glaring at the silver fox.

"Hiei can't you be nice to him for one minute?" the other said in exasperation to the smaller one, now known as Hiei.

"Hn," Hiei answered the usual.

Hiei and Kurama had a glaring contest. Yuusuke sweatdropped.

"Are they always like this?" Shuuichi asked.

"Yeah, don't worry. They care for each other. They just don't want to admit it," Yuusuke answered.

"Oh, would you like something to eat? Tea and snacks perhaps?"

"Sure."

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Thanks for the visits and reviews! I love you people!

Like it? Review!