Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Habit ❯ Part 4: Something New ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Habit

Things to know:

: "…" : = people talking in the demon language thingy. I don't know if they actually have that but here they do.

Part 4: Something New

Shuuichi's POV

I picked up the mail that I received. Which is totally a surprise because I don't usually receive mail at all. I noticed that it contained three CDs and a letter. I opened the letter and saw that it was from my friend that moved to America last year. I read the note.

Hey Shuu-kun,

Told ya I'd write ya sometime. I'm sorry I couldn't write you right when I got here but I didn't have time because I didn't. But anyways I gave you three CDs from here. I think you'll like them. They're three of my favorites here in America. Well that's all I can say. Hey don't forget to holla back at me. If you don't I'll personally come over there and kick your ass. I'm sure your mother would let me. Well I already gave you my address! Tell me what you think of the CDs. I personally bought them for you so don't send me any money for buying them got it? Good. Well I'll see ya!

Your bestes best friend,

Juliann

Well that was enlightening. She'll kick my ass if I don't write back to her. Maybe I shouldn't just to see her reaction. Feh, whatever, she'll just come here anyways. I looked at the CDs. They have interesting titles.

Let's see:

Ateryu: Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

HIM: Razorblade Romance

And Evanescence: Fallen

(Kinshin: I don't own them three bands or their songs. Of course I'm sure you people have already heard them so don't sue me.)

They're interesting. I guess I'll just listen to Ateryu first. They have some interesting titles. I popped it in my radio and played it all. I listened. It was interesting.

After listening to all of it I think track 7 and 10 are my favorites. The others weren't bad. I popped in the next CD. Looks like she has good taste in music. Though some people don't like it though. I listed to HIM. This is even better. I liked all of it except for number thirteen. Somehow it just doesn't click to me.

I placed Evanescence in and listed. Wow, they're very dark. I think I know a few people who would throw this away. Not that I care or anything. These CDs aren't bad at all. I placed in HIM and put in repeat. I kinda like this CD the best.

Of course I was interrupted when the door busted open. There stood my half sister. I smiled at her.

"What are you listening to?" she asked.

"HIM." I answered.

"Who's him?"

"The band. Does it trouble you?"

"How can you listen to that song? It's not right! People should be band from singing such rubbish." She said. Okay that just went a little to far.

"Well just because I don't share your taste in music doesn't mean I can't listen to it. Now if you have nothing else to say please leave."

She huffed and left slamming my door shut. Well why don't I have fun? I opened my door all the way and put the volume louder. I went downstairs and started humming the tune. I noticed that she was cringing whenever it came to the chorus part. Not like it makes a difference to me. I think that is going to be my new favorite song now. I'll have to remember it.

"Shuuichi, your father wants to tell you something," my mom said to me.

"Okay, is it anything useful? I think I don't wish to waste my time with people who don't want me here."

"I'd like to introduce you to your half-sister. She's a demon, her name's Kana." My dad said immediately. So her name's Kana okay and this is important because?

I just nodded. I decided to keep my mouth shut. No use saying anything.

"Aren't you going to say something?" Kana said impatiently.

"I figured to let you guys finish. I do not wish to be rude," I said calmly.

"Okay we'll just get straight to the point," my father spoke, "About a few millennia ago a powerful demon came from the Makai to the Ningenkai. He decided to stay here since he met up with a human woman and fell in love. Eventually one thing led to another. He took the maiden name of the woman, which was Minamino.

"Then there was a demon that was against him. He fought the demon with immense strength and bound him with a seal that would last one millennia. Every thousandth descendant is said to seal the demon away since no one could defeat him. There were two children born. One as a decoy and the other as the real savior.

"The both of you are the thousandth descendant. She's the one the enemy is looking for and you the decoy-"

"You never mentioned anything about this to me!" Shiori said raising her voice against him. She glared hatefully at him. She didn't want to lose her only connection to this world. She cared about her son and saying something like he's some sort of bait isn't making her feel any better.

"Shiori listen it's for the-"

"NO you listen! I'm not going to take this! If she's powerful enough then just defeat whoever it is but leave Shuuichi out of this! Since he doesn't have anything as you claim! He doesn't need to know this! I can't believe that you came here just to tell us that! That I'd lose my only son to some stupid demon that's a few millennia old!"

"You'd save one life instead of millions?! Tell me are you really going to-"

"NO! You said that she's the one! Why can't she seal him already?! You said that she could, did you not?! Well then I don't see…!"

I didn't bother to hear the rest. I didn't want to see my mother yell. Somehow it made me nervous again. I felt nervous again. I needed to feel relieved. I went back up to my room. I didn't care if I was spotted or not.

I locked my room and got out my razor blade. I thought of bringing it in my pockets since I figure that I'd need it every minute if this kept up. I looked at his bandaged wrist. I think it should stay where it is. I think it's fine. No I think I should take it off. Then I wouldn't have to worry about anyone asking me what happened. I took it off and still felt the pain lingering there.

I made a clean cut in an open space on my arm. I sliced deeper to get that feeling when I slit my wrist, only this time I didn't slit my wrists. As soon as I saw the bleeding stop I felt disappointed so I sliced again and again. I wanted to feel it a bit longer.

Afterwards I cleaned up and went back to bed. I felt sleepy again. I know that sleeping too much might be dangerous but didn't pay it no mind. I noticed that the window is closed. I remembered leaving it open. I got up again and opened the window and felt the familiar caress of the breeze across my face. I liked it cold. Then I went to bed. I wanted to sleep some more.

Normal POV

Shiori sighed. She noticed that her son left to his room. Not that she could blame him. She shrugged off worry and began cleaning around with the messes that her guests made. Not that there was a lot, she just felt like cleaning. She dusted off the bookshelf. As she was dusting the top something stopped the clean swipe she was going to make. She couldn't see on the top of the bookshelf but she could reach. She got a stool and stood on in. She noticed a book. It looked old but expensive. She wondered where it came from. She didn't remember buying one at all and she was sure that Shuuichi didn't get it. She decided to keep it and see what's in it.

She turned to the sleeping duo on the couch. She didn't mind that they were a couple. One of the reasons was that it pissed of her half-daughter. She couldn't stand Kana at all, especially when she talked about Shuuichi in any form of insult. At least she found Yuusuke and Hiei actually great company. Kurama especially. She didn't know why. She had a faint idea because he is a fox demon or something like that. She had no idea where that thought came from. She fixed everything and went to her room.

* * *

It has been an interesting couple of weeks since the guests decided to stay under the roof of Shiori's. Father and daughter got the last two guest rooms, Yuusuke and Hiei got the couch, not they didn't mind being crowded, and Kurama roomed in with Shuuichi because the room was the only place that was quiet.

There was always yelling and complaining downstairs and Shuuichi never was a part of it. He never stayed long enough to actually get involved so he was lucky, same with the three guardians. The fight only consisted of the three remaining family members.

Shuuichi mostly stayed in his room unless he had to come out to eat, which only consisted of apples or sometimes it will be accompanied by something else, which is rarely. (Kinshin: I always use that excuse. I always eat an apple for a meal so no one gets on my back for not eating. Hey it's food. Anyways back to the story *continues eating apple while typing*) He would also sit in the sakura tree when he wanted to. He liked the beauty that the garden has maintained. He had feeling it had to do with Kurama but he didn't care. The scenery alone was comforting.

When Shuuichi would be out sitting on a tree branch, Yuusuke, Hiei, and Kurama would be in the room talking. And their topic right now is Shuuichi. They spoke in the Makai language so he wouldn't understand incase he overheard them. They didn't know for sure. They talked like that in front of Shiori one time and she understood everything, especially whey the subject of Shuuichi came up. She threatened to chase them out with a broomstick if that ever came up again.

: "This is stupid. I don't want to baby-sit." : Hiei said annoyed. He especially with all that fighting going around he couldn't stand it. He was tempted to kill them all just to make them shut up.

: "Orders are orders, we can't deny the great Koenma." : Yuusuke answered sarcastically.

: "A demon lord taking orders? Hmph, weak if you ask me." : Kurama said to the Toushin coldly. Kurama was a bit still annoyed with the fact that he had to keep this stupid human illusion 24/7 since the humans can't see him when he's in demon form. How he hated life.

: "Don't make me regret saving your ass from reikai prison too." :

: "What's with the human? I never see him around." : Hiei asked looking out the window where Shuuichi is easily spotted.

: "I don't know." : Kurama answered looking at Shuuichi also.

: "You practically stay here with him and you don't even know?" :

: "We don't talk. Ever since I told him about me being the fox." :

: "Baka kitsune. That's why you should try to strike up a conversation." :

"I'm starting to hate your talkative mouth. I preferred it when you only gave one word answers."

"Hn. Whatever."

Outside Shuuichi listened in to their conversation. Somehow he understood them. But he didn't say anything. It wasn't any of his business anyways. He continued to pet the bird that flew to him. He liked the soft featherlike feel. He sighed and let the bird fly back. It was getting late and cold. His mother might scold him again for sleeping in the tree at nights when it's cold. She scared him half to death when she yelled at him in worry. He chuckled at the memory before going back in. Looks like his room is going to be sleepover night.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: There's part 4. Thanks for the reviews and visits!

Like it? Review!