Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Habit ❯ Part 5: Discoveries ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Habit

Part 5: Discoveries

Shuuichi's POV

It was fun last night. We did that every night and hang out or something. It helps me get away from what's really happening. Not that I minded I just wanted the shouting to stop. Every time they would shout I was always tempted to just harm myself to get rid of the nervousness but the others were here and I couldn't do anything. They have a strong sense of smell, mostly Kurama, and I don't want him smelling blood. They'd get suspicious and wonder why I'm wearing long sleeves even if it's hot.

I plopped in the CD my friend gave me from America. I know they aren't fighting but I'm bored. It's not everyday you get to annoy people around here. My mom doesn't mind and the other three don't either. Only my half-sister does. It's only music I don't see how it's illegal to listen to it except when parents set the rules. Whatever this is boiring. I might as well go to sleep. I feel tired anyways with all this going around. I can't wait to be picked up by whoever this enemy is. I think that's the reason mom won't let me go out for a walk.

Normal POV

Shiori listened as she heard music drift from Shuuichi's room. She knew he would do that because he didn't want to listen for another fight between the three of them again. He did it for the past two weeks just to block out the sounds. Sometimes he'd put the music very loud that he wouldn't hear anyone call him at all. She never found anything wrong with that at all but her other two guests that were a part of the family did and they would begin another fight. Shiori did argue because it is her house and as long as they were under her roof they would follow rules. None of those rules really did apply to Shuuichi though. It isn't fair but hey who could blame her?

She saw Yuusuke, Hiei, Kurama enter the door. She smiled at them before going back to cleaning. She didn't know why but she always feels calmer when she cleans.

Yuusuke heard the drift of music and figured it came from Shuuichi's room.

"You three didn't fight again did you?" he asked Shiori.

"No, he just put it on. Maybe we will later. Though I'm worried about him. I can't put my finger on it but I know something's wrong. I wonder why won't he talk to me," she said looking upstairs worriedly.

"He seems pretty okay to me every time we sleep in his room."

"I know he does but I just don't know."

"It's okay, we'll talk to him."

The three walked upstairs to Shuuichi's room. She sighed as she watched them enter. She wished she could do that but she didn't want Shuuichi mad at her. She plopped down on the couch and took out the book she found. When she looked at the letters they were in a different language. The funny thing is, is that she could read it. She opened it and began. It was a diary.

Day 1 (Since I actually got this thing)

Shiori chuckled at the small sentence before reading again.

I had fun today. The best part-ay ever! I can't believe that they threw me a party especially Mr. Who-has-a-stick-up-his-ass. I can't believe he planned this all! I was excited that I got this thing called a diary from what the humans call it. He gave it to me. Demon God Lord gave it to me for my uh… I don't wish to mention my age. It reminds me that I'm too old. Not like he isn't but anyways. I wish that the day lasted longer. I'm so bored now. Maybe I'll go bother Mr. Who-has-a-stick-up-his-ass. He seriously needs to get a life with a wife. Catch you later!

Shiori closed that book and decided to read it another time. She found this God or Goddess interesting. Somehow she noted, this diary is very important.

Upstairs in Shuuichi's room the three found him asleep. Yuusuke was about to turn off the music that's playing on repeat of the whole CD but Kurama stopped him.

"Don't do that, he'll bite your head off, literally. I did that once when I couldn't sleep with the thing on and he snapped," Kurama said.

"Thanks for telling me before I turned it off," Yuusuke said in relief.

"Something's here," Hiei said suddenly looking around with his jagan. His jagan knows something is there but he couldn't pinpoint it. The other two looked around too trying to spot something but couldn't. They also knew something was there even if they couldn't see it.

"I'm impressed Kurama. It's not everyday you meet a group of people who could spot a demon god around. Though maybe I've just been careless? Ne?" a woman's voice drifted through before something stood before them. There stood Inari, the goddess of the foxes.

"Inari-sama? What are you doing here?" Kurama asked surprised.

"Oh, I just sensed something here and went. I'm curious, as I've always been. Maybe that's why I got in trouble a lot by- Oh my god is that him?!" she asked rushing to Shuuichi's bedside staring down at him. "I thought that he died a few millennia ago? Plus he changed his hairstyle and he cut it and he looks a little paler than normal and thinner too. What has he been doing to himself?" she said in excitement and worry.

"Uh lady, that isn't who you think it is. He's only fifteen," Yuusuke said with no respect as usual, he didn't give a damn anyways. Kurama was tempted to hit him for not being respectful but then thought the Toushin did save him from being locked into Reikai prison so he decided not to, even if he could easily escape.

"What?! Fifteen?!" she asked surprised, "But I remember correctly he was about uh… let me think…uh about…Oh never mind. It stresses me too much. Maybe that's why my face has been getting wrinkles."

"Whom exactly are you talking about?"

"Oh Lord Shinda. Isn't that him right there?" she said pointing to Shuuichi.

"Uh no, that's Shuuichi not Shinda whoever this guy is."

"How dare you speak of him in such a low manner! Even the demon lords before you actually had respect! Though I would let this slide, just once. Next time I prefer that you call him Lord Shinda, got it?" she said looking at Yuusuke with a glare that beat Hiei's. Yuusuke nodded his head. He could've sworn he heard Kurama and Hiei snickering. He turned a glare of his own on them making them quiet. "Though that's just too bad. I thought he actually came back to us. I mean the resemblance is uncanny. He has the same exact color hair the perfect shade of blood! I mean how can it not be him?"

"Birth certificate."

"Ne no wonder! I best be going. I have like a ton of things to do right now I think. I've been absent for about a week. See you. Oh, and if you talk disrespectful of Lord Shinda I'll come back to torture you!" She said waving before disappearing.

Kurama and Hiei began laughing as soon as the goddess left. Yuusuke growled in annoyance.

"Did anyone tell you the rules about demon gods?" Hiei said still snickering at his lover's demise by the fox goddess.

"No, not like I had time to learn with all this babysitting we're doing."

"Lord Shinda is the god of all demon gods like that one about the Greeks, Zeus. He was previously Lord of the Dead, hence the name Lord Shinda, until he gained the title as ruler of all demon gods. Basically no demon, lord or not, can talk so low of him unless he permits you. Sadly a few millennia ago he died sealing away his enemy. Every thousand years the seal breaks and his enemy breaks free and only a descendant of his could actually seal him. Though there's only one child who could do that," Hiei explained.

"Where did you learn that?" Kurama asked.

"Picked it off Fox Goddess. She has detailed information."

"One question, I thought gods don't have a definite gender."

It became silent. Then Hiei and Kurama started howling in laughter.

Out of nowhere pillows started flying in their direction attempting to hit them, which the pillows did manage to hit their targets.

"Be quiet, I'm trying to sleep," said a half asleep Shuuichi who just woke up because of the laughing fit going on between the demons. He placed his remaining pillow over his head hoping he'd be able to sleep again and get rid of the splitting headache. Sadly he couldn't and sat up, leaning against the headboard. He ran his hand over his face to get the remains of sleep in him or tiredness that he seems to be having frequently nowadays.

"You always sleep. Your mother even lets you miss a day of school if you over slept," Yuusuke said.

"You're lucky you don't get to go to school anymore 'My Lord'," Shuuichi drawled out still annoyed, "so shut up." He snapped. He sank back down on the bed and pulled the covers over his head. They all stared at the huddled figure in the blankets. Yuusuke decided to make it worse for the redhead.

Yuusuke got the blanket and tore it off the bed. He threw it on the floor. He was about to say something but something caught his eye. There on Shuuichi's legs were cuts. That wouldn't be suspicious or anything but they were too deep for any 'accidents'.

Shuuichi noticed the silence and sat up looking at the three. Then he noticed that the blanket was gone.

'Oh no,' he thought.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Thanks for the visits!

Like it? Review!