Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Habit ❯ Part 6: Let Me ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Habit

Part 6: Let Me

Shuuichi's POV

This is so not my day. I looked at their surprised faces. This is really, really not my day. I should've worn some old pants or something. I hope they don't do anything. I need to make something up. I just hope I don't slip up and reveal what I've been doing for the past year or more. This is going to be complicated. I'm lucky I wore a long sleeve.

Normal POV

"I'm accident prone," Shuuichi said immediately like he practiced in front of a mirror or something.

"Those don't look like accidents to me," Yuusuke said being the voice of the conversation for the opposition.

"Well some things are sharper than others. Not my fault that they placed it that sharp where I could look like I've been doing it intentionally."

"Alright if that's the way you wish to put it. I'm not stopping you. But if we find out-"

"Yes I know. I'll be out for a walk if anyone needs me," Shuuichi said grabbing a change of clothes and changed before heading out.

The three stared at the closed door. It was silent.

A minute later the door opened again and Shuuichi stepped in and plopped down on the bed burying his face in the pillow.

"I thought you were going for a walk?" Kurama said.

"I was. But my mom told me to stay," Shuuichi answered. "Cover for me." he said before standing up and going towards the open window. He jumped on the branch and climbed down.

"Well that was interesting," Yuusuke commented. "Who's going to cover for him?"

"We are. You get the bed. If she comes in we just tell her he's sleeping. Make sure you cover your body and hair otherwise she'll notice," Kurama planned out.

"Shouldn't you go after him? I mean something bad might happen to him and Koenma did tell you to watch him," Yuusuke said smirking. Kurama growled in annoyance before agreeing and going after Shuuichi.

* * *

Kurama traced Shuuichi's footsteps. Somehow he hasn't seen the redhead around at all. His senses led him to the other side of town. Dark alleys and rundown houses. He wondered what would Shuuichi be doing at this part of town.

* * *

Shuuichi walked calmly down the street. He didn't care where he was going at all. Soon when he actually paid attention to where he was, he found himself on the other side of town. That came as a surprise. He then began walking back seeing as going further he's going to meet trouble. He didn't want any of it.

Suddenly he was pulled in and pinned against the wall. He struggled against whoever had him pinned but to no avail. He is very weak and could barely do anything anyways, like his father said, he's useless. God he hated that word.

"We got a pretty one, feisty too." One of them said. Shuuichi presumed that it was the one holding him up against the wall, which is becoming uncomfortable by the way. He spotted an opening and kicked his captor in the stomach. The man let go of him and he took off. The others chased after him. He didn't think that he wandered that far.

He soon felt tired. He didn't have that much strength to keep on going but the others were still chasing him. He hoped he ran into someone nice pretty soon otherwise he'd collapse right there. Out of nowhere a hand grabbed him and pulled him in the shadows. He cursed and struggled but the person held him still. His back was pressed against someone's chest with a hand covering his mouth so he won't make noise.

"Ssh. Stay quiet or they'll hear you," the man said. Shuuichi stopped as soon as he heard that. He didn't want those people finding him.

The man let him go and dragged him about two stories high in the building and into an apartment.

"You better stay here for the night. It's dangerous for you to be wandering around here at this time," the man said.

"Thank you," Shuuichi said in relief that this man isn't going to do anything but he sensed that something is off, way off.

"You can sleep on the bed. I'll just be here if you need anything." The man showed him to the room and with the bed. Shuuichi muttered a thank you and lied down on the bed. He really needed sleep.

Later that time Shuuichi felt movement on the bed. He doubts it was he since he's laying still. His body moved on it's own. A warm hand was on it. He had to stifle a gasp so the person won't know him awake. Soon the person was thrown off of him. 'Huh?' he thought. He opened his eyes as he heard screaming and pleading of the man who took him in. Then silence. He figured it was the time to wake up.

He managed to open his eyes and sit up but couldn't do more than that. The sight that met him made him want to puke. On the floor was the man that took him in with his head a few feet from his body and blood leaking out of the…let's just not mention the rest of his…mutilated body.

"Humans these days. They don't have respect for any living thing," the person that Shuuichi suspects that killed the man said. Shuuichi looked at the person standing by the open window. He had long black hair with a few strands loose and deep purple eyes. He wanted to move but found himself frozen to the spot. He was too scared to move. "Ah you're awake. Looks like I don't need to do anything, pet."

"Who are you?" Shuuichi managed to ask.

"I am of no importance. Though," the man said walking closer to him, "I never expected you to look like him. Such beautiful skin," he said trailing a finger from Shuuichi's temple to his cheek, Shuuichi cringed, "the same wave of blood," he said running his hands through his red hair, "but the eyes are different. Though yours is much better. They are like the emerald jewels. But now is not that time, pet. When I want my payment from saving you from a lowlife like the human over there then I'll come back for you. But now, I think it's time for you to sleep. Your ride is coming."

Shuuichi tried to fight off the mental command but couldn't and closed his eyes. He fell back on the bed. The man carried him bridal style towards the window. He looked outside and saw a sliver mop of hair walking towards the place. He smiled wickedly.

"I'm sorry to leave you so soon pet. But don't worry I'll be there when no one would be there for you anymore," he said before tossing Shuuichi out the window.

Kurama wandered throughout the whole neighborhood not bothering to go further because it was dangerous there. Then he thought that Shuuichi probably wandered there. 'I'm starting to hate this babysitting job.' Kurama thought. He walked down further not finding anything except the small scent of Shuuichi lingering around. He followed and it led him to a tall rundown building. It didn't look too inviting. He walked and heard something coming down. He looked up in time to see something red being tossed out the window, he noticed that it was a body. He quickly rushed there standing under and caught whoever it was. He sighed in relief. He looked up at the window and saw a shadow there before it disappeared. He glanced there a little more before glancing at the person in his arms.

He gasped. It was Shuuichi. But he was relieved because if his mother found out he was around here she'd kill him literally. He quickly walked out of the place and into the most noticeable of the town and back to the house. He had to sneak at the back though since his mother didn't know he was out here. He hoped that Yuusuke and Hiei didn't screw it up yet.

When he arrived there he went into the backyard. He climbed the tree, which happily offered to help him up because of his luggage, and stepped inside the open window. He was greeted with an angry mother and Yuusuke and Hiei rubbing their heads in pain. Shiori immediately spotted him carrying an unconscious Shuuichi.

"Is he alright what happened? You didn't do anything did you?" she asked sternly with a bit of worry.

"No I didn't. I was walking with him since I was assigned to watch him and he collapsed," Kurama lied easily.

"Okay. Put him to bed. Next time don't lie to me about sneaking out. I don't want whoever this monster is to get him."

Kurama nodded and placed Shuuichi on the bed. Shiori left afterwards.

"Who messed up?" Kurama asked the two lovers.

"We didn't. She found it on her own."

"How?"

"She ripped the blankets off him," Hiei answered.

"SO what really happened?" Yuusuke asked knowing the youko lied about Shuuichi being unconscious.

"I followed him to some rundown place and didn't find him. Then suddenly someone throws him out an open window. I didn't have time to catch who it was though." Kurama explained.

"Do you think that it's this demon dude that his father keeps talking about?"

"I don't know, possibly. He said that the seal should've broken a few weeks ago."

"You don't think…" Yuusuke trailed off and seeing the other two nod. "Well looks like we found our guy. But I don't think we should tell it to the others just yet. I think his mother might go berserk if we mention anything."

"Agreed."

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Like it? Review!