Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Habit ❯ Part 8: My Crisis ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Habit

Part 8: My Crisis

Shuuichi's POV

I woke up dizzy. God can't I ever get a decent nights sleep around here? I avoided Kurama all of yesterday and the day before. I could tell that he was avoiding me too. Not that we didn't even talk at all except when the other two were around. I somehow kept glancing at him at the corner of my eye. Every time I did he was always looking somewhere else or talking to someone. I sighed. It was better this way then. Damn I feel like cutting myself again.

I walked over and got my razor. It just seems to come in handy sometimes. I decided to cut a deeper one this time. Ah how it's refreshing. I licked the blood dripping down before it fell to the floor. Did I ever mention that blood taste very good? Even the metallic or coppery taste doesn't appear sometimes, it just taste right. I lapped up all the blood that dripped until it couldn't anymore. I cleaned and hid my blade somewhere. Cleaning is such a hassle; I wonder why I don't ever think of leaving the water on.

I put on a change of clothes, long sleeves of course, and began walking out. Now where to go…I walked around for hours until I felt some bit of paranoia at the fact that someone is watching me.

"Hello pet. It's been a while." I heard the demon say from behind me. I turned around to acknowledge him since I didn't want to be part of his little collection of dead people. "Have you made your decision yet?" he asked.

"I decline your offer, Karasu," I answered with saying his name.

"I wonder what would make you. Hmm…maybe a loved one perhaps?"

"Don't!" I said disbelievingly. I didn't want him to harm my mother.

"I've never really been kind to the human kind but I assure pet I won't stop now even for you."

What am I going to do?

"Stay away from me!" I yelled at him and began running towards my house.

I looked behind me to see him gone. I sighed in relief. Then I bumped into someone and fell backwards towards the cement. I looked up and gasped. He stood in front of me.

"Careless pet. You shouldn't look back when you're running."

I stood up and passed him and continued to run back home. Why couldn't everything be back to normal? I liked my life when I was drowning in misery. When I said I wanted the routine to change I didn't mean like this.

I backed up and attempted to run again but I couldn't because he caught me. I struggled in his grip but I wasn't strong enough.

"Stop struggling and make it easier on yourself. I'm trying to be kind here."

"Then let me go." I said attempting to get out of his grip again. It wouldn't suffice. He touched my neck. God those were cold hands.

"Such a nice smell. You have the smell of blood all over you. What have you been doing the past few days?" What does he mean by that?

"What do you mean?" I asked voicing my question.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Have you been damaging yourself lately?" Karasu whispered in my ear before biting down on my neck. Blood leaked out and he began licking it. I shuddered at the sensation and felt dizzy. I just self-mutilated myself a few minutes ago. I struggled to stay conscious.

This isn't good. I struggled to get out but he still proved stronger. I tried hitting him but it didn't even faze him. Someone help!

He transported us back at that place where he killed that guy. No I don't want to be here. He began to tear off my clothes. I prefer them on.

"Someone help!" I screamed out.

"No one can help you pet. To them your voice isn't hearable."

Dammit anyone! Kurama! I yelled out mentally. I don't know if anyone really can hear me but still… Why did I call out Kurama?

All I remembered was intense pain and soon I blacked out.

* * *

Normal POV

Kurama heard the phone ring. He decided to stay at the house because he didn't want to be among the populace. He wondered how did stepdaughter and stepmother actually become friends. It was a stupid miracle to him. The phone rang for about four times before he answered it. He almost dropped the phone in shock.

"Could you pick me up?" Shuuichi asked on the other end of the line.

"Sure where are you?" Kurama answered.

"Actually I have no idea," he said giggling a bit. Kurama noticed that he sounded like shit. That didn't sound to good. Plus he'd have an angered mother on his heels. He didn't wish for it.

"Just describe where you are and I'll come get you."

"Everything looks like it's been torn. I'm outside this big building. I think it looks familiar."

"Stay there." Kurama said hanging up the phone. He then got out putting on the stupid human illusion and sent off to where he found Shuuichi the first time. By the middle of the inevitable trip, it began raining. He cursed. He covered his head and began running. Shuuichi might get a fever because it is raining and Kurama will probably be at the worst end of it.

He finally made it to the building where he last time got Shuuichi from and saw him leaning on the house. But that wasn't what surprised him, no; it was the revealing cuts all over his arms and legs. Shuuichi was dressed in a huge t-shirt that covered him and shorts.

Shuuichi turned to face him and smiled.

"I thought you wouldn't come, it was raining," he said, "You know I should've never taken a walk. I mean now I can't even walk. It hurts to move. Heh." He chuckled.

Kurama shook out of it and picked him up, carrying him bridal style.

"What are you doing?" Shuuichi asked panicking and began trying to get out of his grip.

"I'm bringing you back, what does it look like?" Kurama answered harshly trying to keep his package still.

"Oh? The last man didn't take me home. He took me here," Shuuichi said laughing a bit about the whole situation that he got himself into. "I didn't like his hands they were too cold. He kept on touching me. I didn't like it. But he said it was payment for what he did. He touched me around here like this," Shuuichi said and trailed his hand softly from Kurama's temple, to his cheek, down his neck, and stopped at the vertex of the collarbone. Shuuichi stopped his talking and rested his head on Kurama's chest.

Kurama thanked Inari-sama that he stopped. He had a feeling on what he went through. He couldn't believe it. He finally made it back at the house and was relieved that no one was there yet. He then took Shuuichi upstairs and placed him on the bed. He picked out some clothes and began to undress him. Shuuichi panicked and thrashed around. Kurama ceased his actions and waited until Shuuichi calmed down. He stopped thrashing after a minute and sat up. He stood up, took the clothes and tossed them to the floor. He then looked in Kurama's direction. His eyes were blank.

"Do you want your payment too?" Shuuichi said. He pushed Kurama down on the bed surprising him and crawled on top of him. His face was inches away from the kitsune's. He kissed him on the lips then stopped when the kitsune didn't respond. "You don't want this? You were eager the first time." He said and kissed him again more passionately this time.

Kurama growled, flipped their positions and slapped Shuuichi on the face. Shuuichi stared wide-eyed for a moment, suddenly coming back to his senses. Kurama narrowed his eyes. As much as he would love to do it, he didn't want it under false conditions. He'd be on an inevitable guilt trip.

"Are you finally in your right mind?" Kurama asked harshly. Shuuichi didn't answer. Kurama got off him and opened the door. "Change your clothes so you wont catch a fever." He said softly before walking out and shutting it.

Shuuichi did as instructed. He crawled on his bed and buried his face in the pillow. He began crying.

Kurama listened from the outside. He was tempted to go back in and comfort the redhead but decided against it. It might cause more problems. He walked down the stairs sensing that the others were coming. He knew that they would be suspicious that he was standing outside Shuuichi's room.

This was only the beginning.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Like it? Review!