Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Habit ❯ Part 9: Push Me ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Habit

Part 9: Push Me

It's been a week and Shiori started suspecting Shuuichi's odd behavior. He slept all day and she never saw him come down for any meal at all. While going to work she entrusted everyone else to make sure he ate. The only one she really trusted was the youko but then again she didn't know. She can sense that something is wrong with her son and somehow the fox demon knows something. She knew that it was not right to pry but it was a matter of urgency. If something was wrong with her baby she had to know otherwise if she found out on her own the others would be at the worst end of it.

During the week Kurama was the one who brought Shuuichi his food. He would always find him on the bed sleeping but turned the other direction, his back facing him. But when he came back to check on him the food was partially eaten. He sighed in relief at that. But then Shiori was starting to get suspicious. She always sent him curious glances. If she actually confronted him he wondered whether he should tell her the truth or not, most likely the latter. She can't find out otherwise something might happen.

Shuuichi did stay bed ridden. He didn't want to go out there otherwise the others might catch on that something happened, they probably already do, especially his mother. He knew mothers have a special sense where they knew something was wrong with their child. He hated lying to her but he couldn't tell her she might tell everyone else. Kurama already knew what happened and he was surprised that he didn't tell anyone else. He knew that Kurama brought him food but he didn't give a signal that he was awake to see it. When Kurama would leave he'd eat it. He did shower everyday only when everyone wasn't around to hear it. He didn't feel like talking to anyone at all. He realized that he's been getting weaker because of the new cuts that have been recent. He felt dirty and would scrub himself until he bled. He'd open old wounds. He didn't care. Nothing interested him anymore.

Kurama opened his door to check on Shuuichi. He was surprised that he wasn't bed ridden. Shuuichi sat up with his legs bended, parallel to his chest and his forehead resting on the knees, his arms were around his legs to keep them up. Shuuichi was aware of someone entering his room but didn't give any reaction to it. A hand rested on his shoulder. He tensed up. He then looked to who it was afraid of who was there with him now. He was relieved to find Kurama there.

"Feeling better?" Kurama asked with a hint of concern in his voice. Shuuichi just nodded. Kurama let go and sat in front of him. "You're mother has been nagging me about you. You better tell her something she'll believe. I think she might come after me with that broom of hers." He stood up and began walking away when suddenly he was embraced from behind. He stopped.

"Don't leave, please. I don't want to be alone," Shuuichi pleaded softly still with his arms around him and his head resting on his back. Kurama sighed and grasped Shuuichi's hands and separated them from his hold.

"Alright," he said and sat beside Shuuichi's lying form. Then Shuuichi placed his hand over his that was resting on the bed, which surprised the kitsune but he allowed it.

Hiei was right. He's getting weak.

* * *

Shuuichi woke up to some destruction. Of course that never has happened before so he couldn't grasp the situation. Mostly, from his point of view, it was from the bathroom. That would mean…

He quickly got up and rushed over. He saw Kurama rummaging through the cabinets and under the carpets. With the growing pile of 'his' razors, he knew exactly what was going on.

"What are you doing?" Shuuichi said making an attempt to grab the razors in the sink but his hands were seized. "Hey let go! Look, they belong to me so give them back."

"Look kid, if you wanted to die so badly you should've just got run over by a car already. Besides the more you want it the more you're not going to get it. There are always interruptions and in your life kid, I happen to be an interruption. What would your mother say to this? She'd be devastated and I know how you care for her. She'd be grieving if you died," Kurama said trying the get the words into Shuuichi's head. Shuuichi would've glared at him as he glared back. He grinned.

"You thought I did it because I wanted to kill myself? Ha! That's a laugh," he said looking at Kurama's shocked face, "It never really was for that reason, if it was I would've died a long time ago. I only did it for fun. And if I managed to actually go through with it then I did. But it was never for that reason. It was just fun. Besides, even if you did trash the blades I'll still be able to find something else. There are plenty of instruments here."

"You're nuts."

"Yes well that does say a lot doesn't it? It sucks still playing the game doesn't it? I'm still waiting for game over and it seems opportunity has already presented itself. It doesn't matter what you tell my mom. I'll just come up with some other story and of course she'd believe yours over mine."

Kurama didn't say anything. He just let go of his grip on Shuuichi's hands and took the blades.

"It's not my place to tell but if your mother ever comes at me with that broom, I'll make sure to kill you myself and deny you that choice." He said and left.

"Kill me? Who the hell does he think he is?" Shuuichi muttered to himself, "Mother would kill him first."

* * *

It was a tense atmosphere at dinner. That is what you'd expect especially if it was silent. Hiei, Shiori, and Kana were annoyed, Yuusuke didn't give a shit, and the other two…is a different story.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Kurama couldn't believe that he was in verbal fights with the kid. Feh, he found it ridicule. After all he did for the kid. He sensed the rippling of the atmosphere. Can't say that he was safe.

Shuuichi was in a similar situation but didn't outwardly show it. Plus he found it annoying. Just because of what happened earlier you think you could forgive and forget, but nooo, you have to wait on it. Sadly to say he's pissed. He could just excuse himself and start cutting but then Kurama might just follow. There were other methods besides razors anyways. His were taken by Kurama earlier if you noted back.

"Okay that is it!" Kana said angered and dragged Shuuichi to one of the nearby room where they wouldn't be heard. Shiori sighed.

"She's right." She said and stood up. She grabbed Kurama by the collar of his shirt and dragged him somewhere leaving Yuusuke and Hiei looking in confusion. They just shrugged it off.

% Kana and Shuuichi %

"What the hell is going on?" Kana asked bluntly studying him with her gaze.

"Nothing," Shuuichi replied a bit nervously.

"Don't lie to me Minamino, I can tell there's something going on between the baka kitsune and you."

"It's nothing."

"What did you two have a lover's spat of something?" she said casually and noted the blushing face of her half-brother.

"No, we're not lovers and we didn't have a spat!" Shuuichi fumed. He couldn't believe that his half-sister was implying that he and the fox demon were together.

"Right," she said unbelievably.

% Shiori and Kurama %

"What the hell happened?" Shiori asked sternly. She'd be damned if this youko hurt her son emotionally or physically.

"Nothing," Kurama merely answered.

"Like hell nothing! Whatever the hell is going on between you and my baby better stop right now otherwise I'd hit you repeatedly. And believe me, you'll probably be dead before you even reach 'sane central'. Now spill!"

"Nothing is going on! That 'baby' of yours really needs to watch his tongue."

"Lover's spat?" she said bluntly.

"To that brat? No, and don't assume anything woman. You need to teach that mentally ill child of yours to get it together. Otherwise people might see how poorly raised he was." If Kurama were in his right mind right now he'd actually think about what he was saying especially to HER. This didn't bode well for the youko.

A bomb exploded.

A few minutes later the silver-haired youko was rubbing the bumps on his head that were created by Shiori. He forgot about the woman's reaction about talking about her son like that, this coming from a mother who can't see the truth. Kana, Yuusuke, and Hiei tried not to laugh while Shuuichi kept his cool and went to get some ice from the freezer instructed by his mother. You couldn't really tell what he was feeling at the moment but if you look close enough you could see the glint of amusement in his eyes.

"Damn brat this is all your fault," Kurama said still feeling the pain, being human she was way to powerful for one. Shuuichi heard that comment and with the little ice pack he aimed and… hit! "Real funny," he muttered as he grabbed the ice pack from his face and placed it at the back of his head where it hurt.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: I know it's probably boring but I'm kinda on writers block right now. Thanks for the reviews and visits!

Like it? Review!