Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Habit ❯ Part 10: Prey Captured ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Habit

Part 10: Prey Captured

Shuuichi rejoiced. Well it's because he gets to stay home alone. The others were out on some separate mission because Koenma didn't have anyone else to go and fetch his baby toys he lost, as stated by Yuusuke. It just so happens that Koenma lost a very important artifact that could be dangerous to anyone especially himself and his father, Enma.

The four of them had to find out where it was taken and retrieve it. Yuusuke complained because he didn't want to go on another treasure hunt since Kurama stole something from the vault before. It took him a while to get it back since Hiei refused to help. Ain't that unsurprising. Well they're looking for a sword. Though it may not look like much but whoever has it can live like a god! Kurama sulked, as he didn't think of it the first time when he came into the vault. He saw it but never paid much attention because it didn't look like much but a cracked broken sword. Look what he missed. Right now the four of them were in Makai. Kana began swapping at the plants they passed, pissing off Kurama.

"Damn, why did the culprit have to be in the Makai? Is this like demons thieve hideout?" Kana complained.

"You got something against that, girl?" Kurama said to her menacingly.

"No, only particular thieves. If you were someone else and not on my nice list I would've been referring to you."

"Nice to know I'm noticed."

"Shut up and let's just find whoever this guy is and retrieve it so we could go back," Yuusuke said obviously not wanting to stay in the Makai any longer.

"Yes, my lord," Kana stated sarcastically and sensed around the area. She had the strongest senses of spotting energies, didn't matter what kind. She could sense them better even farther than Hiei's jagan. But there's no need to tell him that.

As they came to a clearing, Kana rejoiced! There were a group of demons that were in need of an ass kicking since one of them held the sword description of Koenma and picture.

"Finally! A demon in need of an ass kicking!" Yuusuke and Kana stated at the same time. They both charged at the group and began taking them down one by one while Hiei and Kurama just sat there watching. Since the two of them will get the chance when the other demons realized that they were just sitting there instead of fighting. A demon, obviously the leader, began to retreat with their artifact. But Kurama trapped him when a surrounding tree root caught him by the leg, keeping him in one place.

Kurama noticed that the demon didn't use the sword to chop off the root. If the demon stole it then he should've known that he could chop it off and escape because the sword wasn't really broken, it just looked that way. They've been tricked. He growled in annoyance at the waste of time they spent there. He calmly walked up the demon. He grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

"Where's the real culprit?" Kurama asked harshly. The demon didn't answer and just cowered.

"Hey, the baka kitsune just asked you a question. Now answer him and he might let you live," Kana said forgetting about calling Kurama by his real name.

"I don't know!" the demon answered.

"Wrong answer." Kana punched him in the stomach.

"Okay. He told us to stage this. So he could get something else." The demon said.

"What something else?"

"I don't know! He just said something about some red-haired beauty or something along those lines. Please I told you all I know!" the demon pleaded pathetically.

"Thank you." Kana said and took the sword from the demon's hands. He knew exactly what she was going to do.

"Wait, I thought you said you'd let me live?" the demon said staring in horror.

"Oh did I say that? You heard me wrong. I said the baka kitsune might let you live, I never said anything about the rest of us." She explained before stabbing the useless sword through the demon instantly killing him.

"Piece of filth. C'mon let's go. We've got to figure out whatever the hell this demon is after. Now that I think about it do you think he could be referring to my otouto?" she said her sentence hanging in the air. When they realized what she said the four of them took off running towards the portal that led to the ningenkai. They just hoped they weren't too late.

* * *

Shuuichi snapped his eyes open. He realized that he fell asleep. It was kinda weird that he was actually being alert when he heard the door slam open when he was asleep. There Kana and the others barged in the living room. He looked at them annoyed. He was actually dreaming of nothing and they had to go and ruin his nice dreamless sleep. He scowled at them.

"What the hell are you guys doing barging in like that? Didn't you take into consideration that I might be asleep?" Shuuichi said obviously annoyed.

"Sorry, otouto, we were just worried that your ass was actually about to get kidnapped," Kana said in the same annoyance.

"Really? As you can see I'm still here doing nothing. Now be quiet." He said and walked up to his room.

"Ooh, how dare he talk to me like that! Baka kitsune, show him some manners or something. I'm sure he'll listen to you more than any of us."

"Do it yourself. You are his family member," Kurama responded.

"God dammit!"

They heard a rush of footsteps going down the stairs. Shuuichi ran up to them and was breathing a bit more. He was the one running down the stairs.

"Kana, my dear onee-san, why the hell do you always have to be right?" Shuuichi said hiding behind her as demons came through the windows and doors and down the stairs.

"Ooh, mother is not going to be pleased that she has to pay for the broken windows and doors," Kana commented.

"Just shut up and help us kill them all," Yuusuke said beginning to blast the demons with his spirit gun. Hiei zipped through killing his portion real quickly. They were just low-level demons so they were easy to take care of.

"Well isn't that a great appetizer, I'm still waiting for the main course," Kana said.

"Kana! Don't jinx it!" Shuuichi scolded her not wanting to be in the way in case something does come though.

"Relax otouto, we'll take care of it."

"Yeah right," he muttered.

"You should listen little girl you might learn something from the young," a voice that was all too familiar on Shuuichi's mind, said. He saw Karasu appear in front of them. In his hand was the sword that the four of them were looking for.

"Hey, if you give that back then maybe Koenma might go easy on you," Kana said.

"Maybe but I like this new equipment that I acquired. It does have its uses."

"Why can't you bad guys always pick the easy way?"

"Because then you detectives would get bored. It's not fun when the competition isn't participating."

"You're right. Well then I guess we're just going to have to kick your ass to get it back."

Kana charged at him and they began the dance of death. She punched at him but he dodged. Kana was on the offensive. The others just looked at the scene and decided to warm up some popcorn for the show. Unfortunately they never got their popcorn because other demons went and began to attack them. Shuuichi cursed mentally at Kana. Hey, she was the one who jinxed it. He ducked out of the way when a demon reached to grab him.

Kurama, noticing that Shuuichi was defenseless, went to fend off the demons that were after him. He pushed Shuuichi behind him while he took care of the demons also getting help from the local plant life around the house. Shuuichi apparently felt useless. He felt bad that he couldn't do anything to help. He saw some demons ganging up on Kurama. He wondered why. A demon escaped Kurama's sight and reached to him. He kicked the demon in the face using some things he knew. But it didn't do much. He soon was trapped as a demon held him.

"Hey let go you unhygienic demon," Shuuichi said struggling to get out of the demon's grip.

"Hold him still. We've got what we came for; let's go. The rest of you can deal with them as you wish," Karasu said while the demon and him disappeared with Shuuichi.

"You coward! Come back here!" Kana yelled as they vanished.

"Shit," Yuusuke cursed as the demons began full force attacking. Kana rolled her eyes.

"Stand back everyone. This is going to be one hell of a storm," she said.

She stood still and glowed a faint green color. Soon the winds started picking up. It was impossible because they were inside but the demons destroyed the windows. The winds sliced at the remaining demons that were there. The house smelled heavily of blood since Kana decided that it would be better that way.

"Did you have to leave a mess?" Yuusuke said.

"No, I just don't know how to do that part yet. Now c'mon we need to find my mother to tell her what happened." She said as the four of them went off.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: I know this chapter probably sucked but I'm still working on it! Thanks for the visits and reviews!

Like it? Review!