Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Habit ❯ Part 11: Invitations ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Habit

Part 11: Invitations

The four of them went to see no Shiori at work. It became suspicious when she never returned home at all. Now they have another case in their hands.

---------------------------------------

Shuuichi furiously tried to pick the locks on the chain that was holding him there. Unfortunately for him, there were no locks to pick. The manacles were spelled so the caster would be the only one to take it off. He sighed and leaned his head back against the wall of his 'cage'. He closed his eyes and wondered how the hell did he get into this mess in the first place. He decided not to think about it and just sleep. At least the accommodations were not that bad.

As he was about to fall asleep the door opened and the guards came in with some food. Shuuichi glared at them, making them laugh because he was tied up and couldn't do anything. He just sighed and looked at the food as they left after he acquired what he needed. He stole the keys from the guard that set his food on the bed for him. Unfortunately it was only the keys to get out through the door. Oh well, he looked at his food and saw that it was…normal. At least he was fed well. They treated him as if he were some prince or something that was locked up because he would run out again. He didn't care. As long he was taken care of then it's okay.

He dug in.

---------------------------------------

He glanced around the walls of his prison. It was so boring and he had nothing to do. Sleeping was out of the question because that's all he'd been doing. He sighed and buried his face in the pillow. He looked at the door when he heard it open. He heard a familiar voice in rage. To say it sounded like his mother. Who, none other than his mother, was sent through the door crashing into the other bed. Why the hell did they have to be so rough?

"Jerks. Can't treat a woman with respect," Shiori muttered. She didn't notice that she had another occupant with her.

"Yeah, but they sure feed you good here," Shuuichi spoke up. She turned to him and rushed beside him.

"Shuuichi, honey, is there a reason that you're here?" she asked in concern.

"Yeah, we were attacked and then these disgusting demons got me. I was taken here chained to the bed, and then I was bored out of my mind till you came here, mother."

"Oh, okay. When I get my hands on that baka kitsune I'll be sure to give him one hell of a beating." She stated.

"Mother, wouldn't you get arrested for animal abuse?"

"He isn't an animal, he's a demon. There's a big, huge difference."

"Oh, I guess you're right out that. Well I'm afraid that he might come after me."

"Well if he's going to came after you for wrong reasons come to me and I'll show him that he wouldn't have a chance in hell."

"OH mother, I know why I'm so grateful to you. You suffer so much for me. I'm so glad that you're my mother." Shiori rolled her eyes.

"Don't act sarcastic to me young man. I will not tolerate such behavior. Right now we need to get out of here before something bad happens to us. Now do you have any ideas?"

"Yeah, only if you can help me out of my restraints then I guess I could help." Shiori glanced at them and noticed that they were spelled. She discovered her heritage. She was the great times 999 granddaughter of the fox-goddess, Inari. What a small world. Inari was the one who came to her and told her of Shuuichi's little kidnap. She knew that the demons would come after her next. She placed her hand around the manacle on her son's wrist and concentrated. Soon it fell into a pile of ashes. Shuuichi looked at it in surprise.

"Mother, is there something you wish to tell me?" Shuuichi said as he took out the keys he hid and began to unlock the cell door.

"No time Shuuichi, honey. We've got to get out of here after we steal the sword from the crow. Then I'll explain everything. Now move it," she said in desperation as Shuuichi got the door open and they walked out cautiously. No time in getting caught. Shiori led the way because she remembered. Shuuichi probably didn't because he's been here for a couple of days.

She carefully looked around and tried to find the main room. She knew that the others would be there as well. She saw the crow send something she knew it was an invite. To what? She didn't know. She checked behind her to see if Shuuichi was following. Of course he picked the right time to disappear. But she was sure that he was there a moment ago. How did he disappear without her knowledge? Now she had to find him too.

'Just great, I didn't know he'd be this disobedient when there's danger,' Shiori thought and continued forward. Before she left she was faced with the crow and her son who was held captive.

"You don't have to look further, he's right here." The crow said. Then she was quickly grabbed and held still.

"I have to congratulate you on escaping. I guess you did learn a few more tricks before I could get to you."

"Yeah being a step ahead does help," Shiori responded.

"When do they come?"

"Hmm… Maybe tomorrow, in a week, or maybe never!"

"No I think you're wrong, I think they should be here in about a few more hours. In the meantime I think your accommodations are suited for you." Karasu said carrying Shuuichi by the front of his shirt. It was kinda uncomfortable because he wasn't tall enough.

"Hey put me down you bastard!" Shuuichi yelled trying to get out but knew it was futile.

"Why would I do that?"

Karasu noticed that Shiori destroyed the demons and was now aiming at his back. He sighed in defeat. He turned around just in time to block the attack with the sword making it hit some other part of the walls. Shiori cursed.

"Don't be sad. You should've known I'd have this with me. Unless Koenma didn't mention it to you."

"Well it's not like I like him but he should've at least told me," Shiori said, annoyed.

"Have a seat, the show will begin in a few hours." Karasu said as a chair pulled up behind Shiori and tied her down. She struggled but knew it would be pointless. She sighed. 'The baka kitsune better give me a piece of beating up the stupid crow,' she thought.

Thoughts of revenge are so sweet.

---------------------------------------

The four of them raced around town trying to find the location Shiori left for them. Apparently she knew where they were going. Oh and she reminded them to be careful. Though they probably didn't need it but right now they needed luck. Finding this address isn't all that easy.

---------------------------------------

Shuuichi struggled against his bounds. Talking across the room to his mother wasn't all that fun. Plus being tied up and suspended from the ceiling isn't all that comfortable. He was tired and he felt like sleeping but being in his situation it wasn't possible. Karasu was out somewhere saying something like he had to entertain some guests or something.

Soon enough the others were thrown in and trapped in some orb sphere thingy. Finally boredom has been relieved. He was aware that his mother was about to die of boredom, as would he.

"Aah! Ooh," Shuuichi sounded out as he was cut off from the ceiling and thumped on the floor rather uncomfortable. His bonds were loose but he wasn't out of the bushes yet. He winced a bit at the minimal pain he felt.

"Hey next time can you please place at least a trampoline or pillows? This floor isn't as soft," Shuuichi said obviously forgetting where he was at the moment.

"Otouto, didn't you ever think of running and getting us out of here?! We're in real danger right now!" Kana yelled out.

"Well then why didn't you say so?"

"I thought you were smart."

"Well sor-hey!" Shuuichi was held captive with an arm around his neck.

"Hey, let go you old, sick, masochist, perverted crow!" he said trying to pull the arm off of him so he could go away.

"I can't do that my dear. I've been waiting for this for a millennia." Karasu said licking his neck. He wasn't oblivious to the jealous and murderous glare the kitsune sent him.

"Stop that!"

"It's time. Welcome everyone. I hope you're going to enjoy the game because at the end it's game over for you and the rest of the world."

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: I'm sorry it's such a boring chapter but I'm working on it! About three more to go!

Like it? Review!