Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Habit ❯ Part 12: Final Battle ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Habit

Part 12: Final Battle

"It's time. Welcome everyone. I hope you enjoy the game because at the end it's game over for you and the rest of the world."

Shiori didn't like this. As she saw her son sitting on some table chained up, so he wouldn't escape, and lit candles surrounding him. Shuuichi didn't like his situation either. It looked like he was going to be sacrificed or worse summon some spirit to take over his body. Most likely it seemed to be latter. Kana also noticed the importance of the ritual. The candles were set a certain way. The crow was going to replace a different spirit in Shuuichi's body. Damn that sucked. She liked her otouto the way he is.

"Hey! Do you know how dangerous this is?" she yelled at Karasu.

"Oh yes I do. But I know it will not fail."

"How the hell would you know that?"

"Because, it's very simple to summon a dead god in his reincarnated body."

"What the hell?"

"It's true. Every millennium I've been sealed back into the dark hole he put me thought. Each one was a descendant. They were all descendants but they were not he. So I've had to wait. And now I finally found him and this time I plan to seal him away. But I do not wish to fight your brother; I wish to fight him. This time I'll win."

"You seriously have some issues," Shuuichi muttered. He was not enjoying this at all. Him, a reincarnated god? There is something really wrong with this guy. Of course he looked back when his mother somehow made the restraints into dust. So there could be some truth to this. It seemed like he was going to lose his mind for a while or worse, he won't get it back!

"Hey if you guys got any bright ideas, now would be a good time to act them out!" he called out desperately. He did not want to become a puppet.

Karasu began chanting. Shuuichi was stating to feel himself slip away, like going to sleep. This isn't good. He fought for consciousness. He was slowly loosing his mind.

Kana and the others tried to burst the bubble of the shield they're encased in so they could reach Shuuichi before he lost his mind and become someone else. Unfortunately they couldn't. Soon they felt it, a power like no other. Shiori braced herself as she felt the winds almost as sharp as knives. Luckily they were slicing at her restraints setting her free. The winds also sliced through the force field that was holding the four of them. Shiori ran to their side.

"We've got to get out of here. They're just going to torch this place down." Shiori said.

"But what about Shuuichi? We can't just leave him," Kana argued.

"No one's going anywhere." Shuuichi said as the others felt themselves locked in some type of force field, again.

"Damn it all, is it like lock up the detectives day?" Kana complained, "Otouto this isn't funny."

"He's not here at the moment. I'm in control now," 'Shuuichi' said. Well it wasn't really him it was some god spirit that the crow summoned. He was now standing about ten feet away from Karasu.

"Okay, now can you please just kill him so we do not have to go through this again? Make it snappy. Unlike you people I don't wish to stand up for another few hours."

"As you wish. So Karasu what have you summoned me for?"

"Is it that oblivious? To kill you of course. Though I'm rather disappointed that you made me wait this long to kill you. Though I'm rather glad you haven't changed a bit. Always to the point, aren't you Shinda?" Karasu responded.

"You've got to be shittin' me," Shiori muttered under her breath. Kana was thinking the same thing.

"Language, mother. I'm ashamed that you would be a potty mouth," Kana responded.

"Let's just get started. After all your sister wanted it snappy," Karasu said before charging at Shuuichi - Shinda - whoever it is. Shinda (A/N: I'll just refer to him as Shinda for now until Shuuichi's back in control) jumped out of the way and landed a few feet away.

"What happened, the body could not channel your power?" Karasu taunted.

"Of course it can," Shinda responded. He outstretched his hand and a sword appeared. It looked very much like the one Karasu had.

They held it out in front of them, the tips almost touching. Then as if in a silent agreement they both charged at the other and swords clashed, performing the dance of death. They matched each other blow for blow. It was at a stalemate. The audience was just looking in awe. Noting that it was much better than the movies. After about one last sword strikes it flew out of their hands leaving them weaponless.

Now they began to throw energy balls at each other. Well Karasu threw those bombs he's famous for. None had been able to land a blow on the other.

"So you've gotten slower, Shinda. Is it because you're not capable of releasing all of your energy in case you destroy your heir?" Karasu said amused, as they stood once again face-to-face. Shinda just glared.

"No, if I release it all I would destroy everything. In the modern days, now, is too crowded," Shinda, answered.

"Well then I'm just going to have to make you."

They charged at each other again, this time landing fist blows. But it didn't last very long because Karasu got the upper hand. He trapped Shinda in a headlock around his neck, choking him.

"You're not as skilled. C'mon Shinda, I didn't summon you all the way here for a sissy fight like this," Karasu said.

"Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not finished, yet," Shinda said. He elbowed him in the stomach, grabbed his arm and flipped him over on his back. He lifted his foot to smack Karasu in the face but he rolled out of the way. Karasu then kicked Shinda on the back making him lose his balance for a bit but wasn't able to block Karasu's punch that came next. He was sent sprawling on the ground to the wall. He was now suffering a backache. He shakily stood up and looked around for the crow. He couldn't see him. Cautiously he got into a defensive stance in case anything came his way.

A spear breezed by his face making a scratch on his cheek but it embedded in the wall behind him. He looked up to see the crow on the second floor ready with another spear in his hand. 'Two could play at that game,' Shinda thought. He pulled the spear out of the wall and held it. He stared the crow in the eyes and ran. He made a leap and was ready for the kick that Karasu was about to land on him. He used the spear as a shield so Karasu kicked it instead. The momentum sent him flying across to the other side. He hit his back on the wall for the second time. He cursed.

Shinda shakily stood up using the spear as a cane. He looked at Karasu who leaned casually on the railing.

"Well, well, you are as good as before. Are you finally seeing that I've grown much stronger than before?" Karasu said. Shinda glared at him.

"What's with the evil look? We're all familiar with each other."

Shinda ran around to meet the crow while he dodged bombs that the crow made. There were a few close calls when it almost blasted him to smithereens.

"Are you sure we're safe under here?" Yuusuke spoke.

"No, but I'm sure you can take it," Shiori answered.

Shinda and Karasu met up in the middle and began fighting with the spears this time. Still they were at some stalemate.

"You're getting sloppy. Or you're not really there any more and time has run out? Shuuichi?" Karasu said. Of course Shinda's time had run out, so Shuuichi was now in control. He looked in surprise. He is so dead meat right now. His back was arching against the railing and he was about to fall off any time now. He kicked Karasu off him and fell. He stuck the spear out using it as his spring. He flipped to his feet.

Shuuichi sensed impending doom on him. He looked up to see a bomb headed his way. He quickly avoided it and shielded his eyes as it made contact with the ground. But the force of the blast was stronger than before and sent him sliding across the ground again. Well not technically, but it was his body that is being used as some stupid punching bag.

"And to think I enjoy being tossed around," Shuuichi muttered softly before trying to get up. His body was so tired. Looked like 'Grandpa' could handle it more than he could. A shadow loomed over him. 'Oh shit,' he thought. He tried to get up but a foot pressed on his chest making him stay down. His fingers twitched. He felt something.

"Well it looks like this is your end and the end of your family and friends. What a waste. But then again I have what I've always wanted. So goodbye." Karasu said holding up the sword and ready to strike. Shuuichi grasped the other sword and shot out. Blood dripped on his face.

"I think you're mistaken. You're the one who has to say goodbye," Shuuichi said and twisted the sword to kill him. He stood up and watched the crow fall to the ground. He was still alive a little.

"Don't worry pet, this isn't all I've prepared for you."

After he said those words a black hole appeared in the middle of the room and began sucking everything into it.

"Lets see you get out of this," Karasu said and stabbed Shuuichi in the calf. He collapsed and tried to stand up but the harsh winds prevented him from doing so.

On the other side the others were looking for him thought the winds.

"Shuuichi?" Kana and Shiori called out. They looked through but couldn't find him. Kurama saw him. Shuuichi couldn't move or get up at all.

"You go on ahead. I'll get him," Kurama said and took off to get to the other side before anyone could protest. It was hard to cross over to the other side because of the harsh winds but he made it there. He saw that Shuuichi was in no condition to walk. He dashed quickly to Shuuichi and picked him up, carrying him bridal style. As he was about to go back the way he came he found that they were blocked.

"Damn it all," he muttered. Kurama looked around for another door or escape route.

"Baka kitsune, over there," Shuuichi mumbled in his hazy state and pointed behind them. Kurama mumbled something incoherent before proceeding through the door. He was met with a dark hallway.

"Now what brat?" he said annoyed.

"Shut up." Shuuichi lazily waved his hand and the hall was lit with candles. Kurama then ran down the hall. Of course it would've been easy had not the ceiling started to crumble.

"Ah shit." Kurama ran as fast as he could with the burden in his arms. They came to an intersection. "Where now?" Shuuichi pointed to the right. He vaguely remembered something there. Unfortunately before they could reach the door at the end they fell through a trap door. It soon became very dark.

-------------------------------------

Kurama was the first to wake. Apparently he had a very huge headache from getting his head hit on a pile of rocks. Ouch. He sat up after gaining some semblance of sight and looked around. It was dark you could barely see in front of you. The light only came from the top of the cage. Now how the hell is he going to get out of there?

As he was about to stand up but something heavy was on his lap. He then remembered Shuuichi. Shiori would kill him if he didn't return with him. Now he needed to find a way to get out of there. Plants were so out of the question because there was no plant life around in the ground and the plants he has in his hair are basically meat-eating plants. How unfortunate. 'Maybe if I wake up the brat?' he thought.

"Don't bother. He'll be out at about a few more hours. Or luckily for you in minutes," he heard a familiar voice say. Kurama looked up to see the crow five feet away from them. He was alive and well except for the blood running down his stomach.

"What the hell? I thought you were dead?" Kurama voiced out.

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong kitsune. The boy got the wrong weapon. It was a lucky shot that he was able to scratch me. But anyways, I still have some unfinished business. Now why don't you hand him over, and I'll let you live."

"Go to hell."

"I've been there. If you don't cooperate, I'll send you there myself."

"Try me."

"As you wish."

They both continued fighting. Apparently Karasu still had the upper hand. Kurama was loosing badly. 'Damn stupid bombs,' he mentally cursed and dodged another bomb. He lost his footing and slipped, which was not a good sign. He mentally cursed himself again. Now he was trapped. Bomb surrounded him everywhere. The only hope he has is counting on Shuuichi to wake up like in a few seconds because he was about to be blown to bits. He didn't like the idea very much.

Karasu stood in front of him. Kurama was suffering a few slash marks across his chest and a big injury on his leg and arm. He was bleed profusely. He tried getting up but couldn't.

"Well, well, look at you. You look pretty beaten up," Karasu commented.

"No thanks to you," Kurama responded.

"Yes, well, you have to thank yourself for that."

"I guess I should."

"Hmm…anyways, any last words?"

"Yeah, game over."

"Hn, I could've said that better myself. You have no emotion in saying it baka kitsune," Shuuichi said from where he used to be lying unconscious. "And you know, you do look pretty beat up. Are you taking good care of yourself?"

"Stupid brat." Kurama muttered.

"I love you too."

"Isn't that sweet. Pet I think we have some unfinished business." Karasu turned his attention to Shuuichi.

"Yes we do. But you have one ticket to death."

(A/N: Okay people I'm like so tired and I couldn't come up with some stupid fight scene again so we'll skip ahead.)

"You may have won this time pet, but I will kill you the next time," Karasu said before disappearing. Shuuichi sighed in relief. He was lucky he barely came out with a few major injuries. He looked around the room and spotted Kurama sitting down leaning against the wall. He quickly rushed over to his side and checked him over. He was still alive if that was what you wanted to know. He had to wait for the kitsune to wake up before they went. He didn't want to carry him.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Yes! This story is almost finished! Just one last chapter! Thanks for the visits and reviews!

Like it? Review!