Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Mistaken Past ❯ New Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CH.1 New Girl

"Suichi! Get up darling or you'll be late for school!" Suichi Minamono rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Yes mother!" he called back.

It had been a long week at school. The teachers had piled everyone up with homework. Of course, it had been no trouble for Suichi. He had always been a good student and always got straight As in the classes. Today was Friday, and the weekend was only 8 hours away, but this Friday was different. This Friday would change Suichi's life forever. Suichi washed up, put on his school uniform, and grabbed his book-bag and went down to the kitchen. His mother was up making breakfast wearing her usual smiling face.

" Good morning sweetheart. Did you sleep well?" His mother greeted him.

Suichi kissed his mother on the cheek," Yes. Good morning mother."

Suichi looked at his wristwatch. It was 7:45! He would be late if he didn’t leave soon. (I’m not sure what time the school starts in Japan. but mine always starts at 8:30 ) He quickly grabbed a piece of toast, grabbed his bag, kissed his mother good-bye and hurried out the door.

"Have a good day!" his mother called after him.

" I will! Good-bye mother!" he called back.

He had made it to school on time, but barely. He sat down quietly in his seat, waiting for the teacher, reading The Lord of the Rings, the book that he had been working on for months. All the other students were being loud and discussing what they were going to do over the weekend. An occasional paper airplane would fly past Suichi's head every now and then but that didn't bother him. Suichi always sat on the other side of the classroom alone, because all the other students thought Suichi a nerd. They all thought that he was strange because he wasn't a tough guy like all the other boys. He wasn't on the football team, he never got in fights, and he always kept to himself. In their eyes, he was a strange, loner. ( Kinda sounds like my school. LOL!) The jocks were flirting with the cheerleaders and using very vulgar language about their bodies. Suddenly the teacher walked in and everyone quickly returned to his or her seats.

"Good morning class." the teacher greeted. She was a tall skinny woman who always woar business suits and small glasses that stuck to the end of her nose.

"Good morning Mrs. Tama." the class said with no enthusiasm.

" Today is a special day for us because we have a new student," Mrs. Tama turned toward the doorway " you can come in, dear."

Suichi hadn't looked up from his book; he was on the last chapter and wanted to finish. It was probably another jock to add to the collection. But Suichi was curious, so he glanced up quickly. What he saw astounded him. There standing in the front of the classroom was a girl who looked to be no more than 15. Her straight, smooth blonde hair, which came to bellow her butt, swished when she made any movement with her head. She was dressed in a tight, black long-sleeved shirt that said “BAD GIRL” on the front. And she had on denim bellbottoms and black tennis shoes. Over her shoulder was slung a black book-bag.

“Everyone, this is...umm, what was your name again dear?” Mrs. Tama asked.

“Nagi”, the girl said. She looked at the students and smiled. “And I’m sorry about the cloths. I haven’t received my uniform.”

“That’s quite alright. But wear one tomorrow.” The teacher replied

To Suichi, Nagi’s voice was as soft as summer rain and her smile shined like a star. (I know that was corny, but oh well.) It appeared that Suichi wasn’t the only one who noticed Nagi. All of the boys had their gazes fixed on her. All of the girls were pouting because they weren’t getting any attention.

“You may take your seat Nagi,” Mrs. Tama said addressing the empty seats in the room. Nagi smiled at her and walked toward some empty seats. But then she noticed Suichi looking at her. She casually walked over toward him smiling. (I know she smiles a lot. But I wanted to get the point across that she was sweet) Everyone was in awe as she walked over to the desk next to Suichi and sat down. They all whispered, shocked that she could have chosen anywhere to sit and she chose by Suichi.

“Hi.” Nagi said calmly.

Suichi had never seen such beautiful eyes before. They were a blue-green color with sparkles in them. They were familiar to him somehow though. It felt he knew her somehow, like from a past life. But he didn’t know from where, so he just dropped it.

“Hello,” he replied blushing.

“So what’s your name?” she asked, her eyes shining.

“Suichi,” he said, still blushing.

“Nice to meet you Suichi,” Nagi said, “I assume you already know my name.”

She laughed a little, swishing her hair as she turned her head. She turned back to Suichi and touched his long red hair.

“I like your hair,” she said stroking his locks “it’s such a bright red, one of my favorite colors.”

Suichi blushed a little and laughed. She was so friendly and beautiful. Why would someone like her want anything to do with a guy like him? Still, she looked familiar to him. Those eyes, there was a familiar presence in them. He knew her somehow, but from where?

“Hey! Suichi! Hello?” Nagi said waving her hand in front of it his face, snapping him back into reality. “Are you okay?”

Suichi blinked. “Oh...yeah. Sorry, I guess I’m just a little tired.”