Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Mistaken Past ❯ Minagi the Elf Demon ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch.7 Minagi, the elf demon

The words hit Nagi like a bullet. She didn't move. She didn't speak. She just stood there, fists clenched. Suichi couldn't see her expression because her face was covered in shadow. He saw this as an opportunity to explain a little.

"You see," he began." I had been injured in my demon form, so I had to escape to the Human World and hide myself in a human body until I could regenerate. That woman was my human mother. In time, I grew to love her as a mother. So I decided to stay in the human world."

Nagi said nothing. She still remained frozen. Suichi could sense anger coming from Nagi. It wouldn't stop. It just kept growing! Suichi had said what he needed to. He didn't what else to say.

"Nagi..." he began. But Nagi interrupted him.

"So..." she said, her voice filled with anger. "All this time... everything... it was all just a big...horrible...lie!"

Nagi looked up. Her expression was freighting. Her teeth were clenched and her eyes, those once beautiful eyes, were glowing with anger.

"First you betray us," she said her voice rising," Now you lie to me!! You trick me!! You low-life beast!!!"

Suddenly, she jumped at Suichi and tried to punch him, but he moved in time. She turned back to him and jumped in the air.

"YOU TRAITOR!!" she bellowed. She came down fast at him and tried again to strike him. He jumped out of the way again and landed on the floor. Nagi had struck the ground, breaking the concrete floor with her fist. She had such power!

"Nagi!" he yelled to her pleadingly. "I don't understand! How did I betray you?! Who are you?!"

Nagi slowly rised to her feet, looking more angry.

"You still don't remember me do you? I would have thought you of all people would have figured it out by now, Yoko." She said. "Let me refresh your memory."

Nagi then pulled a small, green leaf from her hair. She then put it to her forehead. Suddenly, the leaf shrunk into her skin and disappeared. A green aura surrounded Nagi's body. Power began flowing out of her body and lit up the room. She rose from the ground and was now floating in the air. Suichi sat there in amazement. He watched as her once round ears became longer and pointed. He watched her clothes transform as well. Her trench coat disappeared and had become a black sash, which rapped around her chest and was tied in the back of her neck, leaving her stomach visible. Her pants had become black tights and a rap that went over them, which came down to the middle of her calves. Her shoes had become dark knee-high boots.

She was slowly lowered to the ground. The light disappeared and the aura vanished. Nagi placed her hand on her hip and had an evil smile on her face. She had black tattoos of leaves on her shoulders, which Suichi remembered. Suichi's heart beat harder. His eyes were wide with disbelief. It couldn't be! She was... she couldn't...

"Remember now Yoko?! Don't tell me you forgot your own partner. Of course that's what your good at, isn't it?!"

"But... it can't be... "He stammered. "Minagi! But you're dead!"

"You thought I was dead! You left me to die! You left both of us!!" she yelled.

"Minagi...please! I don't have any idea what you're talking about! I didn't leave anyone..."

"LIES!!" she yelled. "You left Kuronue to die!!!! You turned and ran!! YOU COWARD!!!"

Minagi drew her hand up and conjured up energy. She then transformed it into a solid, green sword. She jumped at him again, sword aimed at his heart.