Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Mistaken Past ❯ A Lost Love ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]






.,.,.,.,. = Flash back

Ch.10 A Lost Love

Minagi's eyes widened. She had never heard those words before. And she didn't think that she would hear them from anyone, especially Kuronue. Her heartbeat started to increase. She could hear it in her chest. Fresh tears developed in her eyes and slid down her cheek onto Kuronue's. He was smiling, despite his anguish.

"I never told you...because. It was my own foolish ego. I was to proud to...to tell you. I'm sorry...Minagi... I can't..."

He shut his eyes again. He groaned at the pain.

"Damn my pride!" he said finally.

"Kuronue," Minagi said," I can't let you die! I would never forgive myself..."

She started sobbing heavily into his chest. He lifted her chin, pulling her head close to his. Suddenly, Minagi felt her lips touch his. Her eyes shot open. He was kissing her! Kuronue, the bandit, her partner was kissing her. It was something she had wondered about. What it would feel like. Now she knew. She slowly closed her eyes and kissed him back. She could feel his life fading fast. Then he slowly parted from her. She looked into his dark blue eyes and he looked back into hers. There was trust and understanding in their eyes. And there was also love.

"Please don't leave me," Minagi begged.

"Minagi," he whispered. "I will always be with you... as long as you...carry that pendant of mine. My spirit will always be by your side."

Minagi sobbed. "Kuronue..."

"Please Minagi," he said whispered. "Tell me that you love me...I can hear...your heart...tell me those words...please!"

Minagi's words were real, and she spoke the truth. She told him the words that her heart was screaming at her to say. The words she had kept in her heart for so long.

"I love you, Kuronue." She whispered. She smiled despite her tears. Kuronue smiled and closed his eyes.

"Oh," he sighed happily," what a sweet sound...I have waited...so long to hear you say that..."

He didn't speak for a while and Minagi started to panic.

"Kuronue!!" she yelled in fear.

"Minagi..." He said opening his heavy eyes. "Don't forget...I will always be with you...and don't forget me..."

"I would never." Minagi sobbed.

"Such...beauty..." he said. His voice fading. "I will always...love...you...Min...a...gi..."

His eyes closed again, but this time for good. His body suddenly went limp and his head fell against Minagi's chest. Minagi's eyes widened in horror.

"Kuronue?!" she said frantically.

No answer and he didn't move. Minagi held him closer.

"Kuronue!! Kuronue!!!!" She said, her voice rising. She knew that it was true, but she didn't want to believe it. She wanted to bring him back! But she couldn't. He was gone, forever.

"KURONUE!!!!!" she screamed. Her voice echoed in the palace. His name rang within the palace, over and over. The name of a lost love.