Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Mistaken Past ❯ Kurama's Kiss ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Note:

.,.,.,.,. = Flash back

Ch.11 Kurama's kiss

Kurama blinked away the memory. Minagi's eyes were normal again but they still had the look of pain and anger in them. Minagi was still holding Kurama by the throat. The pain returned to his body, and he became weak again. However, he wasn't focused on the pain, the images that had just came into his brain were hard to swallow. He now knew why Minagi had wanted to get revenge for Kuronue so badly. He loved her...and she loved him. But Kurama also loved her. Did she still have feelings for Kuronue?

"Do you understand now?" she asked him. "You now know what I saw! Now tell me that you didn't turn your back on him!! I dare you!"

He did know why now. He knew why she blamed him. He would have thought the same thing if the situation were turned. But he knew that that wasn't what happened, and he had to make her see this. But until he could weaken her, he was going to have to take the pain.

"I..." he started weakly,"...I didn't leave him!!"

Now Minagi looked really mad. Her grip around his throat tightened.

"Why you low-life bastard!!" she yelled at him. Suddenly, energy started forming in her free hand. Then a blue spinning disk appeared again. Kurama had to do something. In the blink of an eye, he pulled out a seed from the back of his scarlet hair and stuck it on Minagi's forehead. As she reached up to scratch it off Kurama jumped out from her grip and front flipped over her. The seed from her forehead exploded as Kurama landed on the ground. He looked back and saw a cloud of gray smoke. Minagi had to be somewhere inside it. He got up slowly and turned around, holding his wounds. He wiped the blood from his mouth and then wiped it on his jacket. Once the smoke cleared, Kurama saw Minagi kneeling on the ground clutching her head. Letting go of her head, she slowly got up.

I have to weaken her soon, he thought. I can't take much more of this.

She slowly turned around. Her face was frightening. Blood was running from her hairline, her eyes where glowing blue and they were angry. Then she called forth energy to her hands again, purple energy. This was her second most powerful element, the Spirit. She turned them into solid, long knives. (A.N. there like the ones that Legolas uses in The Lord of the Rings.) She gave them a flip then started to slowly walk toward Kurama. He stood there, clutching his wounds, but he was ready. Suddenly, she disappeared.

"What?!" Kurama gasped.

"Looking for someone?" came a voice from behind him.

Kurama turned just in time, because Minagi had stabbed at Kurama's back, but missed. He did a back flip out of the way, landing safely on his feet. Minagi threw a knife at him, but Kurama countered it. He quickly pulled out a red rose from his hair and transformed it into his trusty Rose Whip. He snapped it at the knife, cutting it in half and stopping it in mid air. Minagi looked impressed, but still angry. She ran at him prepared to attack. Kurama whipped his whip at her and carefully whipped the knives out of her hands. Then with a flick of the wrist, he wrapped his whip around Minagi's body and pulled tight. Minagi fell to the ground and growled.

"You..." she growled angrily. "Release me you backstabbing..."

"Be silent!" Kurama yelled at her in a voice that was not his own. "Or I'll pull harder!"

Minagi was already bleeding from the thorns. But the pain was nothing to her, all she could think about was revenge. "How dare you tell me to be silent you stupid fox!!" she yelled.

He didn't want to hurt her, but Kurama did as he promised. He pulled the whip tighter around her. Minagi yelled out in pain as the thorns dug deeper into her skin. Blood leaked out of the cuts on her arms and stomach. Kurama hated hurting her like this but he had not choice. She couldn't bring her knives forth either because if she moved she would get cut by the thorns on Kurama's whip.

"I don't wish to hurt you Minagi," he said. "Believe me."

Minagi looked at him with hate in her eyes. She growled and cursed under her breath.

"Minagi," he said," I understand. I know what you saw! But it is not correct! I did try to save Kuronue, but he told me to escape! He sacrificed his life for mine! You obviously didn't see it but..."

"SHUT UP!!" Minagi yelled at him. "JUST SHUT UP!!! I'M SICK OF YOUR LIES!!"

Kurama looked at her in surprise. Then he saw a red aura around her body. Her spiritual energy was growing. The whip was starting to become hot. He wouldn't be able to hold her for long.

"You have no idea," she growled at him,"what it feels like to lose someone you love!!"

Her power was too strong. Kurama had to let go of the whip. It fell from his burnt palm onto the floor, transforming back into a rose. Minagi was free. She got up and stared at Kurama. He could still see the aura, but it had turned from red to black. The color of pure hate. Kurama picked up his rose and transformed it back into his whip. Minagi then reached into the cleavage of her shirt and pulled her hand out, dangling something from it. Kurama looked closer. He gasped in surprise. It was Kuronue's pendant! She had kept it for all these years!

"You know," she said still frowning," The blood has never really washed away form this. Nor has it washed away from my hands. His blood will forever stain my hands. Reminding me of that day. Reminding me of his love."

Kurama lowered his whip some. He listened to her words. They were the words of a hurt heart, of a lost soul. She had truly loved Kuronue, and when she finally knew that he felt the same, he was gone. She would never be able to spend her life with him. She would never know the feeling of being loved by another, because the one she loved was gone. However, Kurama still loved her. But at this point, he didn't know what would happen between them.

"Reminding me of your betrayal." She finished. She slowly put the pendant around her own neck. It was fairly big on her and it glimmered in the light. The red jewel in the middle of it caught the light and reflected in Kurama's eyes. He blinked a few times, but finally got used to it. He remembered how Kuronue always carried it with him, always touching his skin. Then he saw, but just for a minute, Kuronue's image in Minagi's place. His image was there, and he was smiling. Then the image went back to Minagi, however she was not smiling.

"Kuronue." He whispered, almost to himself. But in reality, he was talking to Kuronue. "Please make her see. I know you wouldn't want her doing this, you know this isn't like her. Please give me strength."

Then Minagi interrupted his prayer. "What are you mumbling fox?!" she yelled. She slowly started walking over toward him. Then he saw it again, that image. He saw Kuronue walking toward him.

"Kurama..." the image said. Kurama stepped back. Was he hallucinating? This couldn't be. "Kurama..." it said again. But then Kurama understood. The pendant. Kuronue must have stored his soul into the pendant. And when Minagi puts it on, his soul shines through and they almost become one. Kuronue's soul was wearing the pendant also. It's voice was faded and echoed.

"Kurama..." it said again.

"I'm here Kuronue." He responded mentally, trying not to break the spirit's communication.

"Kurama," it said looking straight into Kurama's eyes, even into his own soul. "Kurama, old friend. Please, you must forgive Minagi."

"Kuronue!" he yelled mentally," you know the truth! You can tell her wha..."

"Kurama," the spirit said," I cannot. You must make her see on your own. Show her through your eyes..."

"But..."Kurama began, but Kuronue interrupted him.

"Show her through your eyes..." he said again," ...love her as I did..."

"What?" Kurama said. "But Kuronue I..."

"Take care of her..." Kuronue, said. Kurama remained silent, waiting for the spirit to continue.

"Farewell...old partner..."

Kuronue's soul slowly faded away. He had a wiry smile on his face like he always had. He gave a slight wave pulled his hat down over his eyes and faded. Kurama was going to call out to Kuronue but his thoughts returned to reality when a fist made contact with his face, sending him flying into the near by pillar. Kurama's body fell to the floor, rubble all around him. Minagi cracked her knuckles as she walked over toward him. He slowly got rose from the hard concrete ground, wiping the blood from his mouth.

"Minagi!" he yelled. "This is wrong! Kuronue wouldn't want you to be like this! He loved you! He wouldn't want you to be grieving for him this way! This has to stop!!"

Minagi stopped in front of Kurama. She let out a growl then violently grabbed him by his scarlet hair and brought him up to eye level with her.

"Oh, it will be over!" she said. "Once I kill you!"

Then she brought her hand up, hip level. Suddenly, red-hot energy flowed from her hand and formed a long, solid, red sword. This was it. Her most powerful element, Fire. Kurama's eye's widened. He had to stop her!

"It's over!" she said, shedding her victory smile. "Farewell, partner!"

The sword came at Kurama's body. There was no way he would be able to block it! This was it! He was done for!

Suddenly, in a desperate attempt to stop her, Kurama thrusted his head forward at her. Minagi wasn't ready for it, and neither was Kurama. Their lips touched, sending waves of heat into their bodies. Minagi's sword stopped right as it touched Kurama's chest. Her eyes widened in surprise, but Kurama closed his. She didn't fight back she just stood there. Then suddenly, images filled her head. Familiar images of the past that she had tried to forget. She couldn't close her eyes, the images were there, playing in her head like a movie. A movie that she only wanted to see once.