Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Mistaken Past ❯ Tears of Blood ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note:

.,.,.,.,. = Flash back

Ch.12 Tears of Blood

Minagi found herself in the same place she had been all those hundred years ago. The same dark and cold palace that her and her two best friends had made a heist. She could see the doorway of the palace. Then she saw two figures running toward her. As they came closer she started to recognize them. It was Yoko Kurama and Kuronue, and they were laughing. She called to them, but they didn't respond. She didn't think they would, but in that moment, it felt like she was back in that palace with them. And that was a feeling she didn't want to let go of. They stopped to look behind them then looked at each other and there prize and laughed. She looked at their faces, they seemed so happy. She missed their smiles. Kurama's was caring and reckless, while Kuronue's was victorious and sneaky yet loving. They continued to run toward their escape.

"Hey Yoko," Kuronue said as they ran," where's Minagi?"

"I don't know," Kurama said looking behind him," she was behind us a little while back."

"Hope she's okay," Kuronue said." You think she got caught?"

"Minagi," Yoko said laughing. "No way. There were probably some demon guards chasing us and she stayed behind to take care of them. You know how she is."

"Yeah," Kuronue said smiling," your probably right."

He was worried about me, she thought. She smiled at that. She had remembered that she had fallen behind and had lost them. She continued to watch them as they ran through a field of bamboo. She kept her eyes on Kuronue. She had often dreamed about him, but it was good to see him as he was. He had that cocky smile on his face as he always did. She wanted to reach out to him, she wanted to feel his warmth one more time but she knew it was impossible. Suddenly she heard the sound of a chain break. She saw Kuronue turn around and stop suddenly. She saw his pendant break from his neck and fall to the ground behind him. Without hesitation he turned around and ran back to get it.

"No Kuronue!" Yoko screamed as he stopped to face his partner. Minagi found herself yelling the same thing to Kuronue but she knew he couldn't hear her.

"I need it! "Kuronue yelled back. He reached his pendant and picked it up. He started to run back toward Yoko when suddenly he felt a sharp pain in his leg. The pain was excruciating. He screamed out in pain. Yoko looked on in horror as more bamboo stalks went through Kuronue's body sending blood shooting from his body. Minagi wanted to look away but she couldn't. Her eyes were glued to her bleeding partner.

"NO!!" she screamed in horror.

"Kuronue!!!" Yoko screamed.

"Don't worry about me Kurama!" Kuronue screamed weakly, blood coming out of his mouth. "Get out of here, run!!"

"No I wont leave you!!" Kurama started to run toward Kuronue preparing to help him but Kuronue stopped him with his words.

"No Kurama!" Kuronue said forcefully. "I said don't worry about me! Now get your ass out of here!!"

"But..." Kurama protested.

" Kurama if you don't get out of here now I will never forgive you!!" Kuronue yelled. "Find Minagi and get out of here!"

Yoko clenched his fist. He couldn't leave Kuronue to his death. This was his best friend. He couldn't leave. But if this was Kuronue's wish, then he would do it. For his friend. He nodded to Kuronue.

"Take care of Minagi!!" Kuronue yelled as Yoko turned to leave.

"I will...my friend!!" he yelled back his voice choked. Then he ran leaving Kuronue with a painful smile on his face.

Minagi was speechless. She couldn't understand. Then she saw herself come around the corner to the scene. Yoko running away, and Kuronue dying slowly. She saw the look on her own face, the look of hurt and pain. Then everything started to fade into a dark, black shadow. Minagi tried to stop it but she couldn't.

"No!" she screamed against the darkness. The last thing she saw was Kuronue, he was still wearing the smile but his eyes slowly closed and his head went limp. Then the darkness consumed him, and Minagi could see no more.

"NO KURONUE!!!!"