Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Mistaken Past ❯ Crimson Regret ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Note:
.,.,.,.,. = Flash back Regretblinked her eyes. Her vision was blurry and she could barely see anything. But as she continued to blink her vision became clearer. She saw Kurama in front of her, her hand still grasping his hair. His face looked worried and hopeful. Suddenly, all the thoughts that just went through her head came rushing back to her. Kuronue telling Kurama to run. Kurama trying to save him but Kuronue wouldn't let him. Her arriving at the wrong time. It all came back. She didn't know what to think. All this time she had been hunting Kurama to kill him and all for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. She had thought that her partner, her own friend, had left their partner for dead. How...how could she? How could that thought even cross her mind? How could she do any of this? She felt...like she was the betrayer. She looked at Kurama, then slowly and gently released his hair....how could I, she thought. She looked at her hands. Spots of Kurama's blood were on her, just as Kuronue's. The blood of both her comrades, and it would never wash away. She slowly started to back away from Kurama. He just looked at her, finally she knew the truth. Minagi started to look pail. She just stared at her hands. The weapons she had used to almost kill her own partner, her friend.
"No..." she said, almost in a whisper. "Kurama...no...how could I..."still grasping his wounds, started to slowly limp in her direction.
"Minagi..." Kurama started. He didn't know what to say to her, what could he say?looked up at Kurama, there were sparkling tears in her eyes. She looked at him in sorrow. Kurama wanted to rush over to her and rap his arms around her as he had once did. But as he got closer, she would back away as if she was not worthy of his touch.
"Kurama...I..." she said her voice choked. "I...I'm so...I'm so sorry Kurama!!"one swift movement Minagi ran from Kurama toward the nearest window.
"Minagi wait!!" but it was to late. Minagi jumped from the window into mid air. She spread her arms out like a bird and pointed her legs and feet. She dropped headfirst out of the building. By the time Kurama reached the window and looked down toward the street Minagi was gone. She had vanished into thin air. Kurama didn't know what to think at that moment or what to do. He looked out toward the city. It was still raining and everything looked dark and cold.he thought, please come back.ran through the dark allies and the empty roads in the rain, tears flowing down her face. She didn't worry about the rain; in fact she could care less if anything happened to her right now. Her wounds were bleeding heavily and blood was running down her face, arms and stomach. She didn't care about the pain. She rounded a corner onto an old muddy street. Minagi saw her tree on the right side of the road, her only home. She stopped a few feet away from the tree. The rain had soaked her to the bone. She looked up at the dark, gloomy sky. The rain was pouring harder then ever. Her tears were still running down her cheeks. So many thoughts were flowing through her head. She tightened her fists in frustration and anger. She looked toward the heavens and gritted her teeth. She then raised her hand to the pendant around her neck and took it off. She looked at it. Raindrops were flowing off the red jewel in it. For a moment she thought she saw Kuronue's face in it. He still had that cocky smile on his face. Then Kuronue's image morphed into Kurama's. His gentle smile was so caring. Then she saw him after their battle. He was cut up and bloody. Minagi clenched the pendant in anger. She had done all those horrible things to him and she had said things that weren't true. Her whole pursuit had been pointless! She had searched for so long and all because of a mistake!! She couldn't take it anymore, all of those thoughts and feelings were inside her and she had to get them out. She fell to her knees, mud splattered on her bare legs. She raised her face toward the heavens and screamed.limped his way down the muddy road. He grasped his wounds in pain. His clothes were covered in blood. Kurama leaned up against a concrete wall and slid down it into the mud.
"Minagi..." he whispered to himself. "...Where have you gone?"got up slowly, still leaning against the concrete wall. He staggered off the wall and continued to walk down the street. He rounded a corner and saw his house. He staggered up to the porch and took off his shoes. It hurt him to move. He slid the door open and walked inside. Everything was clean and polished. He walked toward the stairs. His mother must be sleeping already. Suddenly, Kurama heard the floor creak next to him. Kurama turned quickly to see a figure standing in the doorway to the kitchen. It was his mother, she was dressed in her house robe. He relaxed a little. She looked at him then at his wounds. Her face was in shock and worry. She ran toward him and help him steady himself.
"Suichi!" she said frantically," Oh my God, what happened to you!"
"I'm alright mother," he said weakly.a shot of pain his legs weakened a little. His mother took his arm and helped him up the stairs to his room. She laid him down on his bed and helped him take off his bloody clothes. He changed into a pair of clean black shorts. His mother went down stairs to get the first aid kit (A.N. He was hurt pretty bad so I don't know if a first aid kit would help! LOL. But oh well whatever.) Kurama laid his head down on his pillow, as blood trickled from his body onto his sheets. His thoughts had trailed off to Minagi. Where was she? Was she alright? He looked out the window and saw lightning flash. He hoped that she was safe and in a warm place. The rain was still pouring. He remembered the look on her face when she knew the truth. She looked at Kurama as if she wasn't worthy to be in his presence. Then he saw her when he first met her back when they were thieves. She was always so free spirited and independent. She never let anybody put her down without them getting hurt or worse and she always stood by him and Kuronue no matter what. He remembered her smile, that lovely smile. He remembered the way her eyes used to shine they were so beautiful. It was her eyes that had stolen his heart. Every time he looked into her big, sparkling blue-green eyes he would forget all of his problems. She was so beautiful. A smile cracked his lips at the thought of her. He felt a tear trickle down his face. He wiped it away with the little strength he had. His hand dropped on the bed weakly. His mother came back in making him lose his train of thought. She sat next to him on the bed and opened the kit.
"Suichi tell me what happened to you!" his mother said worried. She began to put medicine on Kurama's wounds and bandaging them. Kurama hissed at the pain of the medicine. He gripped the sheets of his bed and squeezed his emerald eyes shut. His mother started to bandage his cut chest and back. She waited patiently for his response.
"It was..." Kurama flinched in pain. What could he tell his mother? He couldn't tell her that Minagi, or rather Nagi, had tried to kill him. Of course he couldn't tell her that! He had to make up something, something believable.
"I was hit by a speeding car..." he said weakly. His mother's face looked shocked.
"A car!!" she exclaimed in shock. "Where was Nagi?! Did anyone help you? Why didn't you go to a hospital?"didn't know what response to give her. He didn't like lying to his mother. But he just couldn't tell her the truth. Not only would he give Minagi away, but also his demonic past. So he continued to lie.
"I never got to see Nagi," he said," Some people did try to help me. I was knocked unconscious for a while according to the witnesses. When I awoke, they were all standing around me. I was able to get up with there help. They asked to assist me to a hospital, but I refused. I told them that I would be alright and I started home."took a deep breath, it hurt for him to talk. His mother had patched up his chest and back. She moved onto his waste. She sprayed infection medicine into it and put gauze on it then taped it. Kurama squeezed the sheet harder.
"You have a broken rib," his mother announced. "We'll have a doctor make a house call."didn't say anything he just slightly nodded.
"I'll be right back," his mother said. "I'm gonna go downstairs and get an ice pack for your hand and face. "
"Thank you mother," Kurama said. His mother left the room and went down stairs. Kurama took a deep breath and let it out. He looked out the window it was still raining. Suddenly something caught his eye. He looked at the tree outside his widow. In the nearest branch he thought he saw a pair of eyes starring at him. Then in a flash of lightning they were gone. Kurama turned his head back to stair at the ceiling and thought it must have been his imagination.