Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Summer full of Wonders ❯ Day1: Party At Yusuke's ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kami knows I’m going to end up shooting myself in the foot again and again and again…I already have, they just haven’t been posted yet. Well, I kept swearing and promising I’d rewrite A Summer Full of Wonders just so I could actually go on and finish the thing…here is the day that a lot have been waiting for. The first chapter being rewritten with at least some suitable though not wonderful grammar. It’s still an improvement believe me.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Yu Hakusho

Notes: This story is SHONEN AI. I also found it amusing, the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho was proud of his cross dressers in a different manga he was drawing. This makes it seem a lot more plausible that Hiei and Kurama are more than just friends, regardless of what most american fan girls scream at us.

(X) Is time jump and or pov change.

Italics are Is mind speech, because I can’t remember, but I’m pretty sure that shows up at some point in the story.

“ “ Talking

‘ ‘ are thoughts

Warnings: It’s shonen ia, get over it

Day, 1: The First Day of Summer

Kurama smiled to himself as the fresh cool air met him as he stepped out into the bright sunny day. “The first day of summer vacation,” I said to myself smiling. The roses were in full bloom, the very atmosphere seemed to be happy and at peace with itself coaxing me quickly to a very relaxed mood. ‘Everything is so perfect. The weather, the day, and of course that wonderful energy signature…‘ My thoughts trailed off as I quickly came to my senses. “Wonderful energy signature?” The words had barely left my mouth when suddenly Hiei appeared beside me.

“Hn,” he said to me as his usual greeting, yet it still made me smile. Somehow I had managed to convince myself long ago that when Hiei grunted with a bit more emotion towards me than he did the others, or at least that’d what I hoped. Not wanting to ruin such a rare moment of Hiei actually greeting me outside of my room or the school I smiled at him warmly.

“Hello Hiei,” I said receiving another “Hn” from him. The emotion didn’t seem to be behind this one however and I realized to my disappointment that he was here for a reason rather than because he wanted to be. Though how I’d love for him to just come and see me for once. ‘It seems I’m only worth his time though when it’s getting ready to rain.’ Despite how depressed that sounded to me it also made me laugh quietly to myself. At least I was good for something. “Why are you here Hiei? What kind of mission are we to go on now?” My words seemed to bring him from his thoughts and he looked at my with those gorgeous blood red eyes filled with curiosity.

“What makes you think I’m not just here to talk,” he asked sounding slightly offended. This of course caught me off guard, but I knew that Hiei never appeared around anyone without reason, less it be Yukina.

“Regardless of how stupid you believe me to be, I am not,” he said looking at him knowingly. “What is it you need to say?” My words seemed to amuse him, his smirk showing one of his fangs and he nodded to me.

“Yusuke wanted me to tell you something,” he said. My good mood somewhat broken now at the thought of us having another mission so soon after the previous one I merely nodded back at Hiei hoping it wouldn’t be long. ‘Koenma’s trying to kill us, I just know it,’ I thought tiredly. At least it would be something to do though as my mother would soon be leaving for America to finish up her college courses.

“So what kind of a mission are we doing this time,” I asked wearily as I looked back down at him. He regarded me for a moment before his smirk faded, he seemed to be able to read me and knew I wasn’t nearly as excited as he thought I’d be at the mention of another mission.

“It’s not a mission.”

This got my attention. Suddenly awake and my life energy renewed I raised an eyebrow now actually curious as to what Yusuke could possibly want. School was over, he didn’t need help studying and with all the missions we’d been taking on lately he couldn’t possibly have had the time to dirty his room and be in need of assistance to clean it.

“Than what is it,” I asked eagerly. This seemed to annoy him for some reason, even to the point of him glaring, but I couldn’t understand why. I hadn’t done anything wrong, I was tired, we’d spent so much time defeating demons, taking others back to the other side, and doing whatever else Koenma seemed to be able to think up I had every right to be depressed at the thought of another mission thrown at us on the first day of summer break.

“ Kitsune no baka,” he said to me as he had so many other times. His tone was at least playful though and so I knew not to be worried, that his glare was at the annoyance of the message rather than directed at me. “He called it a party or something like that,” he growled.

“In celebration of the summer,” Yusuke screamed suddenly coming up behind Hiei and myself and dropping his arms around both our shoulders. Hiei was quick to death glare him, but Yusuke had seen it so many times before he seemed to just ignore it, his attention completely focused on myself. “It’s going to be a big bash, I even got some old friends coming. You can make it right?”

The thought of going to a party, one that Hiei should be at alone made my entire day so much brighter had my good spirits actually been visible I’d have gone blind. It was rare that I was able to attend a party, usually because I was scared of running into people that had every intention of trying to get me in bed, while I had every intention of running. With Hiei there though I felt that a new door of possibilities could possible open up, perhaps I could finally admit to him what I’d been hiding these past few years.

“A summer vacation party huh?” I asked grinning at him. He nodded at me, looked to Hiei and back a me before winking. I felt myself begin to blush, something that upset Hiei, who quickly pulled away from Yusuke and jumped onto the rock around the flower bed in front of my house.

“Yeah, I’m telling you it’s gonna’ be great, you’re comin’ right?” he asked again. I couldn’t imagine saying no, especially if as I hoped that Hiei would be there. If my luck held out he’d be suffering in silence at the get together, which at that point my plan was to come in out of no where, request that he walk me home and we both manage to slip outside unnoticed where in the end I’d have my way with him.

“Sure, I’ll come. I may be a little late however. You see my mother is going to be leaving tonight for the entire Summer and I promised I’d drive her there to see her off.” I quickly began to wonder why Yusuke and Hiei were looking at one another smirking. “I’m trustworthy,” I growled at them. “She’s going to America to finish her college courses and she trusts me to be reliable, which I am,” I said glaring at them. They both turned away from me, Yusuke whistling, Hiei acting as if he hadn’t been paying attention in the first place.

“I have to go,” Hiei muttered turning around to face me. He looked me square in the eyes and gave a swift nod. “I’ll see you later,” he said and was gone in the flash.

“Did Hiei just say ‘see you later?’?” Yusuke asked staring at me in shock.

“Yes…I believe he did,” I said staring in the direction of Hiei’s fading energy signature. I was disappointed to feel it vanish altogether, but there wasn’t much I could do. Following after him would only bring about more questions from both him and Yusuke, not to mention I would miss my mother’s flight. Gathering myself I smiled at Yusuke, but he was already a blur when I finally found him.

He was running in the same direction Hiei had gone, screaming what sounded like ‘I want whatever you’re on,’.

Blinking slowly I shook my head and began heading down the sidewalk so I could get to the store and back before I went with my mother to the airport. (X)

“Do you have everything you’re going to need mother?” I asked setting the bags down onto a trolley.

“Shuichi, stop worrying. I have everything,” my mother promised me.

I nodded and she smiled at me giving me a kiss on the forehead. I hated goodbyes, especially when it meant saying goodbye to my mother. The problem wasn’t so much about us being separated, as it was her being so far away and possibly in the danger of demons. The last thing I ever needed to hear was that my mother had been kidnapped or worse, murdered, because of some demon I had angered before taking on a human form.

“And Shuichi please don’t overwork yourself while I’m gone. Your studies are important, but you don’t be afraid to take a small break,” she begged me. I knew she was referring to a few months back when I had been trying so hard to balance school work with being a spirit detective that I had gotten myself bed ridden.

“I promise,” I assured her giving her a tight hug. “I will take breaks and Yusuke is forcing me to a party today, it’s a bunch of our friends from school celebrating the beginning of summer alright? So there’s nothing you need to worry about either. Make sure to stay safe while you’re there. If you have any questions about the language, call me.”

“Shuichi, you’re worse than I am,” she laughed giving me another hug. “Go have fun with your friends, I can take care of myself.”

“Alright. Call me the first chance you get after you’ve arrived at the hotel.”

My mother started laughing again, but said she would and climbed onto the plane. Watching her vanish into it made me wonder why I just hadn’t gone with her. She’d offered, but later that night I had run into Hiei since it had begun raining. After watching him sit on my windowsill staring at the stars I knew I wouldn’t be able to go. It wouldn’t be fair to leave him alone at Yusuke’s mercy to keep himself dry.

Sighing I began the trek home wishing the summer had already passed. Yusuke may have promised a fun filled summer, had even agreed to let me help him study, but I had a good idea of how that’d turn out.

Now with two hours left until the party I decided to get ready for the party before relaxing. I picked out a normal outfit of blue jeans and a white dress shirt, the sleeves long, but the cuffs opened enough to allow a good enough breeze flow through. The top was cut low at one part, the strings crisscrossing to hold it together. So I took the shower before dressing and walked over to my desk and pulled out my dairy. Walking over to my bed I plopped down onto it and tried to think of what to write in it.

Dear Diary: Today Hiei somewhat walked me halfway home from school. He was acting a little strange though. I think I should look into it. Perhaps I’ll ask him about it at the party I’m going to tonight at Yusuke’s house. I believe I just may finally tell Hiei--

I noticed a new scent wafting into the air and jerked around to see Hiei looking down at what I was writing.

“HIEI!” I grabbed the dairy and shut it fast.

“What?” Hiei asked looking up at me curiously.

I couldn’t help, but chuckle at the innocent look on his face. He looked so adorable I wanted to hug him, but I knew better. I had learned a long time ago not to try and push any type of emotions onto him.

“What?” He growled at me.

“Nothing, really it’s nothing Hiei.” I said shaking my head. I climbed off the bed and placed my diary back into my desk.

“So…” He climbed onto my bed and sat down on top of it. “What were you going to tell me at the party?”

My eyes widened in fear. How much had he seen?!

“Hiei…How long were you sitting there?” I asked hoping he hadn’t seen the page before hand. The one I had just started writing was bad enough, but the page before that… “Hiei.”

“Hn, about two minutes,” he said looking annoyed.

‘Two minutes?! And I didn’t even sense him…I should be more worried about myself than mother at this rate,’ I thought to myself with a sigh.

“I see,” I said laughing nervously. I couldn’t believe how big of a fool I was. It had been years since I’d been caught off guard, especially by Hiei whose scent usually sent me into day dreams whenever he was anywhere near by.

“Are you going to tell me or not Kurama?” He asked again glaring.

‘I have to think of a good lie…I know.’

“Actually there’s nothing I want to tell you Hiei,” I lied. I hoped I could at least attempt to hide it for a bit longer.

“Kurama, you wrote down in that book you wanted to tell me something,” he said scowling.

I forced a smile on my face to try and hide my embarrassment. He obviously was looking into this a lot better than I had thought.

“It’s just a story I’m writing to pass the time…and I figured since we were going to a party tonight the characters in our story might as well too.” ’Please believe this. He’s going to kill me I know it,’ I thought. If Hiei was already so on top of things he might just see through my ruse.

“Kurama, I’m not that stupid, but…” He smirked evilly at me. “If it really is only a story, can I read it?”

“Re, read it?” I stuttered fear building up again. It seemed so odd for him to take interest in anything that I did beyond fighting. ‘And I’d love to have had this attention a few months ago, but not now!’

“If I’m in the story I believe I have some right to know what you were writing about me in that book.”

I shook my head fiercely putting my back to the desk drawer to make sure he couldn’t get near it.

“You, you wouldn’t want to read this Hiei,” I said quickly.

Hiei stood up from the bed and began walking towards me.

“Stupid fox, what makes you think I wouldn’t want to read it?” The look on his face seemed so demonic at the moment that it sent a shiver down my back, but I held my ground.

“Be, because I’m a bad writer…and you’d be invading my privacy?” I asked desperately. ‘I don’t ever remember Hiei trying to get into my business like this before. Maybe Yusuke was right, maybe he is on something. “Hiei…are you by any chance on something called drugs?”

Hiei’s devilish grin dropped off his face instantly to one of utter shock.

“Kurama! Why in all three worlds would you think I’m no drugs?!” he demanded coming forward again, only this time it seemed like he might be pulling out his sword on me.

‘Well, at least we’re off the subject of my dairy,’ I said to myself happily.

“It’s just well…you’re acting different Hiei. If you were having some kind of problem with them, I’d be happy to help you stop.”

“Well you’ll be happy to know Kurama that I’m not on drugs,” he growled.

“Good,” I said letting out a sigh of relief. I knew very well that he wasn’t likely to be on drugs, as he was so strongly against the help of anything making him stronger let alone something that would make him weaker.

He seemed to have lost his anger and sat down on the floor leaning against the bed. “Kurama, you should know me well enough by now that I won’t use those useless things. The only people who do are those that are weak and to afraid to face reality.”

“Yes…” ‘I never remembered him ever talking so much. There’s something definitely wrong or right or something with him. “Hiei?”

Said demon looked up at me and I nearly fell over. He looked so beautiful turning to look at me. I almost thought about jumping him, but I held myself in check.

“What?”

I managed to get the courage to walk away from the desk drawer and sat down beside him on the floor. Hopefully the diary was completely out of his mind by now.

“Just what is it that’s making you act so different?”

“That’s my secret baka kitsune and perhaps.” He started smiling evilly at me again. “You to find out, sooner or later.” With that Hiei took off running out of my window leaving me sitting there alone and very confused. The way he was acting was so different something must have happened to him. The question was what?

“What if he found a mate?” I asked out loud. The thought ate away at me quickly putting me into a deep depression. ‘Oh well, if that’s the case it’s my fault,’ I thought sighing. ‘I had such a long time to tell him and I never managed to get the courage to do so. If I had then maybe he’d be mine, but of course I was to stupid to make any moves.

Growling at my own cowardice I stood up and finished getting ready. I couldn’t help thinking that this was going to be a long party. (X)

I closed my eyes and let out a long breath before knocking on Yusuke’s door. I seemed to be getting in the habit of sighing. I just didn’t seem to be having any good luck though and the only way to keep my stress under control was to sigh.

“Now I just have to avoid Hiei for a few hours. Don’t talk to him, don’t look at him and for gods sake Kurama don’t jump him,” I warned myself. I knew if I started to do any of that I’d be in a lot more trouble than I’d ever been before, but I had to keep myself under control, if anything for the sake of keeping Yusuke’s apartment in one piece.

‘So much for a perfect summer, but if I destroy Hiei’s happiness I’d never forgive myself.’ I shuddered hearing a loud noise and two girls screaming followed by Yusuke and Kuwabara laughing their heads off soon after then Kuwabara screaming and then some footsteps running to the door. The door was finally opened showing Yusuke Keiko, Botan, Yukina, and Kuwabara laying on the floor covered in chip dip.

I smiled nervously as to who’d opened the door and sighed in relief seeing that it was only Koenma.

“Hey,” the young god said his hand still on the doorknob. I nodded and walked in Koenma shutting the door behind me. I looked around the room shocked at the who the other quest members were.

“Jin, Chu, Touya, Rinku?” They all turned to me and smiled.

“Hiya Kurama! We’re here for the party, yep! It should be lots of fun,” Riku said walking around on his tiptoes. Chu had to be drunk out of his mind from what I could tell, while Jin and Touya were doing something. They kept looking at me and then to the kitchen door then laughing.

I walked over to Yusuke and the rest of the group lying on the floor laughing their heads off. I figured they were much safer at the moment than Jin and Touya were.

“Yusuke I thought you said the party didn’t start till nine?”

 

Yusuke pulled himself out from under Botan and Keiko who were still laughing. They all looked like they were having a great time, but there was no way I could get involved with them.

“It does,” he said happily.

“But it’s only eight thirty,” I laughed trying to fit in.

“Yeah I know, we were just setting up actually,” he laughed.

I smiled warmly at Yusuke, but deep down I was truly scared out of my mind. If this was just what happened when they were merely setting up for the party, who knew what was going to happen during it.

“Hey Shizuru! Everyone’s here now bring in the bottle!” Yusuke screamed instantly getting my attention. I had promised my other I wouldn’t get into trouble and as far as I was concerned, drinking was trouble.

“Yusuke, I’m not going to be drinking any beer or any type of alcohol for that matter,” I warned him taking a step back. I wasn’t going to be playing any games in this matter, the last thing I needed was to get drunk and jump Hiei when he least expected it.

“Don’t worry about it Kurama, we’re not drinking anything,” he laughed.

Those words scared me even more. There’s only one other thing they can be using that bottle for if they’re not going to get drunk.

Kuwabara suddenly jumped up and grabbed Yukina’s hands grinning.

“I swear to you I shall let no other person kiss you, but me!”

‘I was right,’ I thought mentally sobbing.

“You all ready to play spin the bottle?!” Yusuke asked.

This party was going to be longer than I thought.

Shizuru walked in, Hiei following her into the living room and both of them sitting down. She placed the bottle in front of her and smirked.

“Come on everyone let’s play!”

Everyone in the room got into a circle around the bottle.

“Okay, who goes first?” Botan asked cheerfully clapping her hands together.

Yusuke grinned at her.

“I think I should sense you people wouldn’t even be here if I didn’t throw this party.”

Everyone nodded in agreement.

‘There’s no way I’m doing this. If by some chance the bottle spins and lands on Hiei or his on me I wouldn’t be able to control myself. I would completely destroy any relationship he is currently in not to mention our friends.’ I smiled warmly a normal fake one, but everyone seemed to buy them these days. Everyone it seemed, but Jin and Touya. They were both looking at me curiously, which eventually led to Hiei looking at me. ‘Is Hiei hyper?…or Just in love?’ I wondered. My own thoughts made me want to cry. ‘I can’t risk him finding out now. Not when he’s so happy!’

“Yusuke?” I said seductively. “Where’s your bathroom?”

The Spirit detective stared at me oddly even going as far to move a few inches away before pointing to the rooms location.

“It’s umm…on the right down the hall over there,” he said pointing to a small hall with four doors. “It’s the last one on the right hand side.”

I nodded winking at him just to give him more of a scare and walked over to the bathroom.

‘Please let there be a window in this place…please…? Yes!’ My smile widen as I shut the door behind me and nearly ran for the window. There in all its glory was the portal to my freedom, all I had to do was hoist myself out of it and run home before anyone noticed my aura vanishing.

“What are ye doing Kitsune?”

I jerked around nearly taking half of Yusuke’s wall with me and nearly fell over in relief when I saw that it wasn’t Hiei.

“Jin, Touya, what are you two doing in here?” I asked scowling. Though I wasn’t actually using the bathroom, they should have knocked first.

“Well I think we asked you first,” Jin said smiling.

I couldn’t help blushing a bit. They had caught me trying to flee out Yusuke’s bathroom window after all and I didn’t think this was going to be easy to explain to them. If they were going to have big mouths as Jin usually did, they might run out and tell the others I was running.

“Well…I was…” I turned to the window and back to them. I really didn’t want to explain this.

“Breaking out are you Kitsune?” Jin laughed. “I don’t blame you, the party is lame as hell. I’m surprised the fire demon is staying awake in there. Should have had a sparring party,” Jin said putting his arms behind his head.

“I think that’s later in June,” Touya said smiling slightly.

“Would you both like to come with me to my house then?” I asked hoping if I could get them on my side the others wouldn’t find out anytime soon. They both nodded. “Let’s go then.” I moved away from the window.

Jin opened it and jumped out easily.

“Come on then, let’s go Touya, Kurama.”

Touya nodded and jumped out after Jin.

I smiled at the both of them. ‘Perhaps I can have my own fun tonight with just the three of us.’ I made sure the door wasn’t locked just in case someone had to use the bathroom later then slowly and quietly walked over to the window. I pulled myself up onto the windowsill and looked down. ‘This should be a fun jump.’ I closed the window behind me and jumped down landing on my feet. The smile I was wearing real this time the three of us began running towards my house.

“Guess I was wrong, the party didn’t last nearly as long as I thought it would,” I said to the other two laughing.

“Yer wrong Kitsune, party’s just startin!” Jin said happily.

I had a feeling he was right. (X)  

Hiei sighed watching as Botan spun the bottle. It went around in circles again and again and finally stopped landing on…Keiko. I couldn’t help, but smirk as Botan was forced to kiss Keiko on the lips thanks to Yusuke’s no cheek rule. I was enjoying the two enduring their challenge when I realized that it was getting to sense Kurama’s spirit energy. Now that I took a look around the room I saw that the fox was no where to be seen.

“Yusuke,” I snapped glaring at him.

“What?” He asked looking just as annoyed. No doubt since I was interrupting his view of Keiko and Botan’s blushing.

“Where’s Kurama?” I demanded.

“He’s been in there for about twenty minutes now, hope he didn’t fall in,” Yusuke said pointing to the bathroom.

Scowling I stood up and walked towards the door.

“Something must have happened, his spirit is harder to sense.”

Yusuke nodded in agreement.

“Same, but who knows,” Yusuke said shrugging. “Besides Hiei, you’re only mad cause it’ll be your turn soon and the only reason you came to this party was so you could kiss Kurama.”

If anyone else had been paying attention to this little conversation I would have personally ripped Yusuke’s throat out. However since everyone there was now watching Kuwabara crying as his sister tried to kiss him, no one heard a word.

“Keep in mind Yusuke, if you ever say those words again out loud, I’ll kill you,” I warned him.

“Hey, I don’t see anything wrong with it. The only thing I think is wrong is Jin and Touya are missing too,” he laughed. “The last time I saw them they were walking towards the bathroom, but you liking Kurama doesn’t bother me at all. If you like someone there’s nothing you can do about, but give in. Believe me I know…” Yusuke’s voice trailed off as his gaze remained fixed on Keiko. “It’s impossible…to not think abot them or not be with them…” Yusuke stood up and left me by myself to think alone. He walked over to Keiko and managed to kiss her full on the lips. “Damn you’re beautiful Keiko.”

Keiko looked up at Yusuke shocked, her face as red as a tomato as everyone else just turned and stared at the couple. (X)  

“COME ON KURAMA! TWO HOURS AND TWENTY MIN”UTES IS WAY TO LONG TO USE THE BATHROOM!” Yusuked screamed banging loudly on the bathroom door. “NOW COME ON! THIS ISN’T RIGHT! ISN’T JIN AND TOUYA IN THERE WITH YOU TOO?!” I was doing this for only two reasons. One, I had to use the bathroom and two, Hiei had swore to kill me and set my house on fire if I didn’t. So here I was banging on my bathroom door while everyone else was in the living room having fun playing truth or dare. “AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING YOU STUPID FOX!” I pounded on the door again. Nothing. “IF YOU DON’T SAY SOMETHING I’M GOING TO BREAK THE DOOR DOWN OR WALK IN ON YOU! COME ON!! JIN!? TOUYA?! SOMEONE ANSWER ME!” I waited for a reply. ‘Damnit. Maybe something is wrong.’ (X)  

Hiei laughed his butt off as Kuwabara stood there wearing a pink skirt while wearing red lipstick and blue eye shadow. “I am so going to kick your ass Shizuru!” Kuwabara screamed. His sister merely glared daggers at him and Kuwabara straightened his act instantly. “I mean…this is such a wonderful outfit and I love the make up.

Shizuru smirked.

“That’s what I thought baby brother.”

“Oh well, it’s my turn now!” Kuwabara said sitting back down and taking off the pink skirt and wiping the makeup off so he was just wearing his normal school uniform. He looked around the room and then smiled evilly pointing at me. “HIEI!”

“What?” I asked sighing. I was really getting annoyed and worried that Kurama hadn’t showed back up yet.

“You know I’ve been wanting to ask you this for a long time. Truth or dare?!” He screamed dramatically.

“Well,” I said smirking evilly at him. “Sense I don’t want to risk waking up in bed next to you I think I better go with truth.”

Kuwabara looked as though someone had slapped him in the face.

“WHAT’D YOU SAY RUNT?!” He screamed getting to his feet.

“You heard me,” I growled back at him.

“Oh that’s it!” the fool said grinning. “Hiei! Who do you have a crush on?”

“No one,” I replied simply with a shrug.

“Not friendship wise,” Kuwabara said shaking his head and laughing. “I means a girlfriend!”

“As I said, no one,” I said again glaring at him.

“You’re not allowed to lie in this game Hiei! So tell me the truth! You picked truth so tell me the truth! Who do you like?”

‘Oh for the love of,’ I mentally growled.

“Well Yukina’s very nice,” I said despite the denial going through my mind. The thought of dating my sister wasn’t exactly what I wanted to be thinking about, but the result was worth it. Kuwabara went pale and Yukina started blushing. Upon seeing this the tall fool jumped up quickly putting his finger right in front of my face.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!” He screamed.

“FIRST OFF I WAS JUST KIDDING AND SECOND GET YOUR UGLY FINGER OUT OF MY FACE OR I’LL BITE IT OFF!” I screamed back at him. Having seen Yukina’s blush I knew I had to end this right now.

“OH YEAH?! WELL YUKINA’S MINE AND I CAN PUT MY FINGER ANYWHERE I WANT!” Beyond annoyed I bit his finger. “AAAAAHHHHHHHH!! HE BIT ME!!! URAMESHI YOUR IDIOT FRIEND BIT ME!!” Kuwabara jumped up and down holding his finger while I just laughed my head off.

“I told you baka ningen,” (X)

Kuwabara ran down the hallway pass Yusuke and opened the door to the bathroom. Yusuke tried to stop him, but Kuwabara didn’t listen. Yusuke ran into the bathroom.

“Hey Kurama, Jin, and Touya’s in there…” Yusuke’s voice trailed off seeing that no one was in the bathroom.

Kuwabara turned around facing Yusuke putting a band-aid around his finger.

“No they’re not. Anyway why would all three be in here at the same time Urameshi?”

Yusuke looked around the whole bathroom including the closet, nothing.

“Shit, they’re no in here.”

Kuwabara had already gone back to the living and was fighting with Hiei again, everyone of course watching the fight with interest. I walked out of the bathroom into the kitchen and grabbed the phone dialing his number. ‘Please be at home you idiot.’ (X)

Kurama sighed looking up at the ceiling of my room. ‘Maybe staying at the party wouldn’t have been so bad…Naa, this is much more fun.’ I thought grinning. Touya and Jin were sitting on my bed next to me, the three of us acting like a bunch of girls.

“Okay, okay,” Touya said trying to get his laughter under control. “Who do you like Kurama?”

I started blushing furiously.

“No no,” I lied quickly.

“Aww nope none of that Kurama. Yer face tells us other wise,” he said shaking his head.

I was about to say something else when the phone rang and I nearly fell off the bed scared to death. I turned over catching my breath and picked it up.

“Hello?” I heard someone sigh in relief.

“Kurama! What the hell are you doing home!?” I sweat dropped hearing Yusuke’s voice. “You’re supposed to be at this fuckin party! Why the hell did you ditch us?! And is Jin and Touya there with you?!”

“Well…” I started thinking of things to say, but couldn’t come up with a single good excuse. I knew it’d been wrong to leave, but there was just no way that I could have possibly stayed either. “I just didn’t feel right being there Yusuke, I’m sorry.” With that I hung the phone up quickly hoping that he wouldn’t call back.

“Okay, Urameshi is taken care of now, tell us!” Jin said happily.

“No,” I said shaking my head. Touya and Jin smiled at each other and turn to me, an evil glint in their eyes. “What are you two doing?” I asked once again scared to death. They both jumped on top of me started to of all things, tickle me. “No please stop!” I screamed laughing. ‘I can’t believe I’ve been reduced to a giggling girl…well all three of us are acting like girls…but I have to admit. This is fun.’ (X)

Yusuke sighed walking back into the living room to watch the fight. ‘Great, Hiei and I go through all the trouble to throw a damn party to get the two most important people of our lives to like us and what happens? Kurama runs out with two other demons and Keiko falls asleep.’ A few seconds later Kuwabara was thrown from where he was standing and through the wall into my kitchen.

“Whoa…look at all the little kittens.”

I looked at Kuwabara in horror.

“WHAT DID YOU DO?!” I screamed kicking Kuwabara in the side. “YOU BROKE MY WALL! YOU KNOW MY MOM LIVES HERE TO MORON!” I kept repeatedly kicking him in the side. “YOU’RE GOING TO HELP ME FIX THAT WALL YOU STUPID ASSHOLE!” (X)  

Hiei sat down and sighed.

‘How long does it take for Kurama to use the bathroom?’ I wondered. Everyone else was trying to pull Yusuke away from Kuwabara and didn’t notice that I was walking off towards the bathroom. I sighed seeing that the room was empty. ‘As I thought. No sign of struggle…Kurama left of his own free will.’ With that in mind I raced out of Yusuke’s house to find Kurama wherever he was. (TBC)  

This is actually the second time I’ve rewritten this chapter, but I don’t think the first rewrite ever got posted…so here’s the second rewrite. Let’s hope that this works out and I hope to finish this soon as well as my other fanfics! I have college to work on to…to think I started this fanfic when I was in middle school and I still haven’t finished it…how shameful.