Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Summer full of Wonders ❯ Day 1.2: Movies, popcorn, pizza,and Hiei ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay! Here’s the second rewrite for this fanfic. It’s a bit of a fresh breath of air as far as fanfics go. I’ve been focusing so much on Harry Potter lately that by rewriting and eventually writing new chapters for an anime fanfic seems easy and makes me happy. Why? Who knows, considering I’m still writing Harry Potter chapters while doing this lol. Even so here it is, happy, happy, happy…I hope. For now anyway.

Thoughts ‘ ‘

Talking “ “

Mind speech will probably be italics

Day 1.2: Movies, Popcorn, Pizza, and Hiei?

Kurama laughed still trying to catch his breath as I smiled at Jin and Touya.

“Come on, get off please?”

Jin just smiled at me.

“Aww, yer no fun now is yeah?” He rolled off of me, Touya following Jin’s lead.

“Thanks, now I can breathe,” I said sitting up and smiling at the two brightly. “What do you want to do now?”

They both grinned at me. If this had been any other day I’d have probably ran as quickly as I could until I was sure there was no way they could find me again. Tonight wasn’t any other day though, tonight I didn’t want to be left alone and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t left alone.

“I heard there was a good movie on tonight,” Jin answered happily.

I shrugged more curious about the fact that Jin was actually watching television than the fact that he was suggesting that we sit down and watch a human movie.

“All in favor of ordering pizza, making popcorn, and watching the movie raise their hand,” I said. All three of us raised our hands. “Okay!” I jumped up and ran downstairs, Jin and Touya following me. “You find the movie, I’ll order the pizza.” I grabbed the phone and dialed the pizza place while pulling three bowls and a really big jar of popcorn seeds out of the cabinet. “What do you guys want on the pizza?”

“Leeks!” Jin screamed.

“Any kind of vegetables,” Touya said taking the remote control from Jin and turning the television on.

“Alright.” The phone rang a few times before someone finally picked up.

“Hello?”

“Yes, I’d like to order three extra large pizzas…one with extra cheese and leeks, one supreme, and one pepperoni and green peppers,” I ordered. While he was taking the order I poured the seeds into the popcorn maker and turned it on.

“Is that it sir?” the man asked.

“Yep,” I replied. I heard the man tell someone to start cooking the pizzas.

“Okay sir, that’s 42 thousand yen. Your pizzas will be done in fifteen minutes.” I gave the man my phone number and address and then hung the phone up. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch besides them.

“It should be here in fifteen minutes,” I said relaxing.

“What about the popcorn?” Touya asked looking at me.

I jumped up quickly having completely forgotten the popcorn.

“THE POPCORN!” I screamed running into the kitchen Jin and Touya as always followed. I was scared that the popcorn had started to burn, but the sight that met my eyes was a completely different problem. All over the floor up to my knees and still popping was the popcorn. ‘I didn’t put that much popcorn in the maker did I?!’

Jin and Touya fell over laughing at the sight.

“Ye be in a bit of trouble Kitsune!” Jin said still laughing.

‘What’s that…? Oh no!’ If this situation wasn’t bad enough I felt Hiei’s energy signature coming towards my house. I quickly turned to Jin and Touya worriedly.

“Hiei! He’s in my room! Go talk to him for a few minutes and keep him away from my desk!” I screamed while I tried to make it towards the popcorn maker to turn it off.

“Ahh, so it is the fire demon you’re in love with,” Jin said happily.

“Wh, what?” I asked in shock that he’d figured it out so easily.

“Well ye wrote it down in that book you got up there in yer room.” My face went red. “Don’t ye worry. I won’t go tellin him and neither will Touya, will yeah Touya?”

Touya nodded in agreement.

“Yes, I’d hate to see your friendship broken because of us.”

I let out a sigh of relief truly thankful that these two were turning out to be such good friends. I had never thought about having them over before or even talking with them much when we were all at Genkai’s.

“Thank you guys. I think we just started a really good friendship.”

The other two nodded to me and ran up the stairs without me to meet someone I’d rather be spending time with any day while I got attacked by popcorn. (X)

Hiei jumped through Kurama’s window. I looked around and sensed that Kurama’s energy going haywire.

‘What’s that fox doing?’ I wondered. The door opened and I quickly turned to see who it was. Jin and Touya stood there smiling at in the doorway, which made my annoyance rise, but I managed to keep it down.

“Hello Hiei,” Jin said cheerfully.

“Where’s Kurama?” I asked standing there emotionlessly. I wanted an answer now, panic growing inside of me. Jin was laughing and the last time I’d seen him that happy Yusuke had been shooting five rei guns at him at once in Genkai’s special training hall.

“Aww calm yerself down. Yer Kitsune’s down in his kitchen having a big fight,” Jin laughed. (X)  

Kurama ran over to the oven quickly.

“Okay, now to stop this.” I grabbed the bottle of seeds only to drop them all over the stove. ‘Oh no!’ I knew what the result of this was going to be, but all I could was step back smiling weakly. ‘This doesn’t look good…To think the great Yoko Kurama is going to die because of popcorn,’ I thought mentally laughing. Soon enough the popcorn began raising over my head. (X)  

Hiei watched as Jin’s ears flapped up and down like a dog.

‘What is he talking about “my fox”?’ I wondered narrowing my eyes at the word “fight” being used.

“Yep, this is one match I think he’s goin to be losing, don’t yet think Touya?”

Touya nodded calmly.

“I don’t think he’s got a chance,” he admitted.

‘What?! Kurama’s losing a fight?! I’ve got to help him!’ My mind raced with whether or not these two were the ones behind it or helping the person attacking him. I couldn’t sense any other energy signature in the house, but something must have been happening.

“If Kurama’s in trouble, why aren’t you helping him?” I growled deciding to get where the two’s loyalties lay.

“Well we wanted to help, but he wanted us to get you,” Touya explained, Jin nodding like a mad man beside him.

‘Kurama wants my help?!’ I ran down the stairs leaving the wind and ice demon behind without a second thought. I followed the signature into the kitchen and threw the door open, popcorn flowing out and covering the entire floor. ‘This yellow stuff is everywhere!’ The popcorn went up from the floor to the ceiling.

“KURAMA?!” I heard a muffled cry from somewhere within the kitchen and started digging.

“Hiei?”

I could barely hear him. ‘What kind of monster is this?!’ I took my sword out and slashed at it, but it didn’t seem to be working at all.

“Kurama!!” I screamed again trying to get a better idea where he was at.

“Hiei?”

I saw Kurama’s arm come out from the yellow stuff and I grabbed it quickly and began tugging him towards the door.

Kurama are you alright? I asked him through mind speech.

Yes, I’m fine. Thank you.

I got us out of the room full of the evil yellow stuff that’d tried to take my Kurama. ‘My Kurama? Where the hell did that come from?”

“Thank you Hiei,” Kurama said breathing hard once he was on the floor freed of the popcorn. I watched him mentally smiling. He was on his knees and thanking me. He stood up a moment later and walked over to the couch. “Mother’s going to kill me…”

I watched Jin walk over to Kurama and put his hand on the fox demon’s shoulder. ‘My Kurama.’ The thought kept going through my head. ‘STOP SAYING THAT!’ I yelled at myself. ‘Kurama is his own person! No one owns him…I think.’

“It’ll be okay Kurama,” Jin assured him.

“I still don’t know,” Kurama sighed. “I need to get that cleaned up…somehow.”

‘That should be me! I should be the one comforting Kurama not some damn wind demon!’ A low growl started to come up from my throat. At that they all turned to look at me.

“What be wrong with you fire demon?” Jin asked curiously.

‘Stop growling you moron! They’re staring at you Hiei, stop it!’ I yelled at myself. I felt so stupid for growling, especially since I didn’t understand why, but I’d worry about the why later.

“Hiei?” Kurama asked looking at me questionably.

I felt my cheeks starting to go red.

“S, sorry.” ‘Look what you’ve gotten yourself into now!’ I heard a known on Kurama’s door and seeing it as the only way to escape ran over to it and opened it.

“Yeah, I got your three extra large pizzas,” the man said staring down at me. All I could do was blink at the guy and turned to look at Kurama.

“Kurama, what’s a pizza?”

Kurama stood up laughing and pushed me away from the door.

“It was forty two thousand yen right?” Kurama asked handing the man the money. The man nodded and the red head took the three boxes the man had been holding and put them on the small table in front of their couch.

Jin’s ears started rising up again.

“If there’s one thing I like more than a fight, it’s a pizza, but why’d you get such big pizzas?” Jin asked.

“I keep forgetting Yusuke keeps introducing you guys to human food,” he laughed. “But I wasn’t really sure how much you two eat, but I know a fire demon that loves to eat sometimes.”

I looked at him curiously.

“Kurama, I don’t even know what pizza is.” I was determined to taste this thing until I enjoyed it if Kurama was so fond of this stuff.

Kurama merely smiled at me though and handed me a piece of this weird stuff. He then came back a second later handing me a can of something and pushed me down onto the couch. He proceeded to give Jin and Touya the same stuff and cans too. They both sat down next to me on the couch.

‘Where’s Kurama going to sit?’

Smiling brightly as ever Kurama sat down on the floor in front of my feet and turned around to look at me. “Let me know if you can’t see Hiei. I’ll move if you can’t.” I nodded and he turned back to ningen box that had moving images on it.

‘Who cares about what’s going on in that box? Kurama is much better to look at than any--’ my thoughts were interrupted as Kurama screamed at the same time the other two demons did. The person on the ningen box was screaming too. Kurama was holding onto a pillow, but even though he was screaming, he was smiling. ‘He should be holding me not some damned pillow!’ I looked up at the ningen box to see some weird demon like thing running after some ningen nurse.

“Kurama, what is this junk?” I asked more annoyed that he was hugging the pillow then me rather than the stupid moving images.’

“It’s called X, blood two. Yusuke got me into it. I’m glad you knew it was coming on Jin,” he said happily.

“Oh,” I said my blood boiling at Jin being thanked. Kurama just went back to watching the images so I decided to look down at what was on my plate instead. I poked it a few times and then sniffed it wondering what it could possibly be.

“Try it Hiei, I’m sure you’ll like it,” Kurama told me.

I nodded slowly taking a bite of the stuff called pizza trusting Kurama’s word. ’Hey…this stuff is good!’ I took another bite. Seeing as how the others were drinking something out of the can I looked down at my own frowning. ’How do you open these things?’ I wondered. As if reading my thoughts Kurama picked up his can and put his finger on this small tab on top of it. He pulled it and then pushed it down, a small click sounding from it and a hole now appearing in it. He did it slowly and clearly as if he was trying to show me how to open it without embarrassing me in front of Jin and Touya.

Thanks Kurama. He shifted a bit so I could see the smile on his face.

Anytime Hiei. I mentally smiled at his reply. ‘So he did want to help me. Now if you’d only help me with something else…’ I slapped myself for the thought. Kurama, Touya, and Jin all looked at me as if I’d gone mad, which may not have been far from the truth. It wasn’t me though that was going nuts; it was just these damn thoughts! ‘This is all Spiritus’ fault!’

“Hiei?--” I stood up cutting Kurama off.

“I have to go,” I said leaving no room for debate. I was going to leave, but ended up nearly killing myself, Kurama having grabbed my leg before I could run off.

“What?” I asked him staring at him in shock. I’d never seen the look that he had on his face before.

“You two be havin yer fun. Kurama, Touya and me will talk to ye tomorrow,” Jin said waving at us and without another word they walked out of Kurama’s front door. Kurama didn’t seem to like this turn of event, because he lowered his head upon their leaving.

“Why are you leaving Hiei?” He seemed to notice that he was holding onto my leg and leg go. “Sorry Hiei, I didn’t mean to…get into your business.” I watched in horror then as Kurama ran up stairs into his room and slammed his door shut.

‘Damnit Hiei see what you’ve done to your fox?!’ I slapped myself again.

“He’s not my fox, he’s my friend, my fighting partner,” I told myself through gritted teeth. I walked out the door into cold night air. ‘Nothing’s gone right tonight.’ (X)  

Kurama laid on his bed curled up crying.

“Now you’ve done it Kurama. How could you be so stupid?!” I stood up sick of the light and turned it off before lying back down on my bed. “He hates you now, you stupid fool.” I sighed looking over to my window. The same window Hiei had so many times come through just to say “Hn” and then fall asleep on my windowsill. ‘But that’s not going to happen anymore,’ I scowled myself. ‘All because I had to be stupid and grab him. I just had to act like it was my right to know where he was going. He was probably going to meet his mate. At least he seemed to be having a good time…or that’s what I thought. I guess I thought wrong.’ I started laughing at my helplessness then. ‘I’ve been nothing, but a fool. That look in Hiei’s eyes tonight proved to me he doesn’t like me. Not the way I like him.’ I turned away from my window and let the pain take me over. Soon enough sleep came to bring me some peace. (X)  

Kurama looked around his rose garden smiling. “Such a nice day,” I said sighing happily. I walked into the field behind my house sitting down in it just to take in the day. It was then that a glimpse of black and a energy signature that I knew all to well appeared in front of me. “Hiei.” I smiled at him.

“Hn,” was his only answer. I patted the ground next to me.

“Why don’t you sit down for a bit Hiei?” I asked pleasantly.

“I’ve much better things to do Kurama then waste my time with you,” he said coldly.

‘What?’ I looked at him, but made sure to hide my pain and keep a smile on my face. It was just how Hiei was after all, always acting as if he needed no one or anything. ‘But get him on the subject of his sister,’ I thought with a snicker.

“Of course, I’m sorry for even asking Hiei. Please forgive me,” I said jokingly.

He merely shrugged not bothering to look me in the eyes.

“I have to say that your apology is not taken Kurama.”

This got my attention.

“Why not?” I demanded.

“You grabbed my leg last night. I do not like to be touched, especially by filthy foxes such as yourself.”

My eyes widened in pain. How would he know if I was dirty or not, granted my demon form wasn’t known for exactly being a virgin, but I was in this form. My human half was.

“Hiei, how can you say that?”

“Why wouldn’t I be able to?” He asked in the same cold tone.

“Because…because I love you,” I said quietly, my gaze focused on the roses far ahead.

Hiei’s cruel laugh cut through my skin like cold knives sending shivers through my body.

“I do hope you don’t expect me to save I love you back Kurama. I’d rather kill myself than be with you,” he spat.

‘I knew it.’

“Does that mean--”

“Yes it does,” Hiei said cutting me off. “We’re no longer friends, no were we ever to begin with. I’m leaving Kurama and if I ever see your ugly face again I will kill you without a second thought and no not ever think other wise.”

I watched in horror and fear as Hiei walked away from me. I wanted to run after him, but part of me just told me to stay put.

“Hiei…”   (X)

Kurama woke up covered in sweat. ‘A dream…it was only a dream?’ Part of me was glad for that, but another part of me said the results would be the same if I ever told Hiei how I felt about him. ‘That wouldn’t surprise me.’ I turned over in my bed. ‘Just forget about it Kurama. Don’t make any moves on him. If you don’t you can at least keep your friendship with him.’ With that allowed myself to start drifting off again and managed to sleep the rest of the night. (TBC)  

That works. This chapter wasn’t nearly as long as chapter one, but I’m kind of in a rewrite mode for this fanfic, lol at least for now. How long will this last? I’m not entirely sure myself, but I’m gonna go with it until I can’t anymore! (Hopefully that’ll be after the fanfic is completed.) Well, onto chapter 3.