Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole New Game ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I got bored! It just came into my head!

Disclaimer: I don't anything, except the story.

Summary: Sort of AU- Kurama has a different life. He's suicidal but steals to keep himself and his mom alive. The spirit detectives are hunting him down. What would the outcome be? Shounen-ai or yaoi. Pairings: You have to guess! ^_^

A Whole New Game

Part 1

Youko Kurama, the King of Thieves in Makai, is now running from his latest steal in the Ningenkai?! Yes folks the great thief king has been reduced to a life as a human. It was either death of half his limitless power. Seeing that pare of his soul is alive, he chose the latter.

He resides in the body of Minamino Shuuichi. The son of Minamino Shiori. He, at first, didn't accept it but did later on as he grew up. He liked the love he received from her and made a vow to protect her, should he be found out.

See this, he isn't living the high life. Him and his mother struggle to stay in the apartment. Kurama's stealing helped in their tight spots but he kept thinking if he got caught? Would his mom be devastated? Saddened? Be left on the streets? Or working for their landlord for life? He didn't want her to suffer like that. So he does what he does.

Kurama, in the form of Shuuichi, goes to Sarasaki High. They prefer him to go to Meioh high but he couldn't afford it. He had no job and his mom was trying her best to keep him at the current high school. He had no problem. But there is one problem, Urameshi and Kazuma. He was teased a lot for his girlish looks but he got his own fan club, not only for being smart but also for his looks. So he got the last laugh. But he didn't care for any of those girls, he only cared about his mom. Mama's boy is correct.

Right now he made it home. He saw that his mother wasn't there. he knew that she should be cleaning rooms by now but he found it odd that she would be doing things at this hour. He just shrugged it off. Not like it hasn't happened before. As he walked into the kitchen he barely dodged the kunai that was about to hit him. He picked it up and read the note attached to it. It read:

We have your human mother. Shall you want her back kill the spirit detective, Urameshi.

Kurama stared at the note. He wondered how did the person know who he was after all this time? It's been 14 years at most. His ki isn't that recognizable, is it? He threw the note away. He had to make sure this isn't a joke before someone said something and was just doing this to scare the shit out of him.

He went off to bed until the morning came and to see if what the hell the note was saying was true. He just hoped that it wasn't. He didn't want his mother to think of him less especially if she found out her son is a demon. He banished those thoughts away and didn't think of it again as he fell asleep.

It was a definite bad morning. Kurama didn't see his mom come home, and didn't set foot into the door. He knew whoever wrote that stupid note was telling the truth. He mumbled curses as he got ready for school with regular clothes this time seeing as he hated the stupid uniform and only wore it if his mom was around because he didn't want to disappoint her but since she's been adult napped under his nose he decided what the heck, not wear the uniform.

He walked to school with nothing to hold his things in. Actually he wasn't caring anything at all. He had problems to deal with now. He kicked an unfortunate rock that was in his way accidentally hitting someone.

"Ouch! Hey who threw that?!" someone he recognized said who was none other than Urameshi Yuusuke. He didn't particularly like this person so he just had to confess. Maybe rile up his opponent. He walked up to them.

"Oh I'm sorry I think I didn't kick it too hard. I wasn't able to knock you out," Kurama said in a fake voice like someone who was submissive to his or her boss. He, of course, wasn't one of them.

"It's just you. I have no time for fun today Minamino. I have better things to do."

"Like going to school? I'd like to meet this girl that actually straightened you out," he said laughing.

"You're really asking for it Minamino," Yuusuke threatened.

"Asking for what? I'm just stating the obvious. You really need to cool it Urameshi. Well it seems like my apologies are making me late. Bye." Kurama said walking past Yuusuke. He really sensed the spirit energy emitting off the 'detective' as the note told him. But he knew that he wouldn't be able to take a life but then he had to save his mother.

He reached the school and saw that he was locked out because he was late. He cursed and kicked the gate. Surprisingly he wasn't that damaged. He walked off to find something else to occupy his time. He was thinking of beating Yuusuke at his own game. He sighed. This is getting complicated.

* * *

Yuusuke grumbled curses. First Shuuichi pissed him off and now he was sent on a mission to find this Youko Kurama that was supposed to be dead. He wondered why demons couldn't stay dead so he won't have to do anything and could get some rest. He was given a watch that was a demon detector. Koenma said that it would be able to track a demon down within a mile radius. Plus he was given that this Youko Kurama person is after him and would attempt to kill him. 'Aren't I popular?' Yuusuke thought. First Kuwabara likes to prove he's stronger than him and Hiei, who is a demon, wanted to kill him but now they're friends. More like companions, they are the three who make up the Reikai Tantei. He didn't like to serve under the demi-god but had no choice.

Soon the demon detector beeped. It's saying that a demon is within a mile radius of him. He followed to where the arrow pointed and ran following the trace. He landed in front of a… grocery store?! 'What the hell would a demon be doing in a grocery store?' Yuusuke thought silently.

As he entered the watch started beeping again making people look at him weird. He tried to make himself as invisible as possible. He didn't know how to shut it up. Then as if it answered his silent request it became quiet.

"You know, noise like that makes it hard to sneak up on people," Kurama said from behind him. He didn't know it was Youko Kurama because he's in human form.

"Shit Minamino don't sneak up on people like that!" Yuusuke practically yelled at him.

"Don't blow a gasket. What are you doing here? Hoping to get something off from someone else?" he joked.

"Shut up Minamino. I'm not in the mood. I'm busy."

"Oh? You busy? Here I thought you'd be at the arcade playing with your playmate Kazuma. Oh could you hold this for me? Thanks," Kurama said handing it to Yuusuke without receiving and answer. Then looking at the row of vegetables deciding what to cook for home when he gets his mother back from the bastards that stole her.

Kurama's POV

I glance over at the row of vegetables while secretly glancing at the detective's shocked face. Seems like I could get him in trouble before escaping with my food. I don't think I have enough. Maybe the detective has some excess for me. I grab some cilantro for some salsa. I also grabbed about a couple of tomatoes that were fresh looking and jalapenos. I placed them in separate plastics and put them in the shopping basket that Yuusuke is *kindly* holding for me. This is so fun.

I walked forward and motioned for him to follow me in the chip section. I got the tortilla chips. Hmm…isn't he supposed to be looking for some so called demon? I know that I am to but I can't because I don't where the hell to start! I also got Doritos in case the detective might like some when I invite him over and pretend to kill him so I could get my mother back. I have some plants that could make it look like he's dead and when he'll wake up it'll be like he fell asleep. Now if only I could keep this up. This is going to be very interesting.

After getting everything we went to pay for the supplies. I would usually get them and steal them right under their noses but then I guess my sleeping pollen won't work with the detective since his spirit energy is still present. He should really mask it because he's like an open book, really.

As soon as I was about to pay for them the cashier said, "Oh Minamino-san. It's free of charge from the manager. He said that he's sorry for your mom in the hospital with a sickness."

What?

"Oh well tell him thank you. We'll be leaving now. I have to visit her." I said leaving with the packed bags that Yuusuke kindly did for me. He was carrying some of it for me. Maybe out of pity. I hate that word.

Realization hit me. The manager? He didn't even know my mom. He must be the demon that sent me the note that could've landed in my skull.

Ooh that son of a bitch!

I continued walking hoping to get this over with. That grocery must be run by demons. I'll finish this tonight.

"Well if it isn't the fag, and what's this he got a boyfriend, URAMESHI?!" someone said from the alley we just passed. Just great! This is so not my day. My mom has just been adult napped and now these stupid shit heads that can't take a hint are tormenting me. Just because I'm didn't want to fight them doesn't mean anything.

"Argh! I don't have time for this." I handed Yuusuke the bags and walked over about ten feet from them. I can't wait to beat that goddamn smirking face into the concrete.

"Pretty boy wants to fight. Well then lets get it on."

He charged and went to land a punch on me but I dodged. I dodged a few more times before I landed a hit of my own. I kicked him in his stomach making him fly until he hit the trashcans.

"You're just jealous that you can't have this piece of ass," I said patting my ass for amusement before walking away and getting my share of carrying from Yuusuke.

As we reached my apartment, I invited the detective over. This time I'll finish it and get my mom back. I owe her that much for putting up with me. I motioned him to sit down on the table.

"Would you like some tea? I'm afraid that's all I have right now," I asked while putting things back.

"Sure, whatever," Yuusuke responded. Geeze at least he could've feigned some interest. I started boiling some hot water and started to make the salsa dip to eat with the chips. "I never would've guessed that you would live in an apartment," he spoke up.

"Is there something wrong with that?" I retorted back. I can't believe I'm being judged by my choice of living.

"Geeze no need to get defensive I didn't mean to dis you and all. I was just saying I didn't guess you would live here."

I sighed. I poured the hot water in a separate cup and a tea bag. I got out a small little plastic that had the powder made especially for him. I put a pinch of it in his drink and set it in front of him.

I waited patiently until he soon felt dizzy.

"Hey Minamino what did you put in here?" he asked a little bit drowsy.

"A sleeping powder. Don't worry detective it'll only last until it's over. Don't fight it or you're just going to make it worst," I said catching his unmovable form and placing it in a sitting position on the chair he was sitting on.

"You-you're Kura…" he said before blacking out.

"That's right. I am."

(((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Tell me what you think people! Like it? Review! NO FLAMES!