Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole New Game ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Whole New Game

Part 2

Kurama's POV

I walked at midnight with the heavy body of Yuusuke's over my shoulder. I had to bring a body so those stupid assholes would believe me. I swear.

"I wish this didn't have to happen," I muttered out loud.

I stopped in front of the grocery store. There was a man who I suspect is the ringleader of my mother's kidnapping. I walked up the steps and dropped Yuusuke's unconscious, believable dead body in front of him.

"Hmm…Looks like you've done well Kurama. I would have to bring you what you came for," the demon said and snapped his fingers. I saw my mom coming out chained and not looking scared? Shouldn't she be?

"Shuuichi, honey!" she cried as she rushed over to me. I took off her bindings. I turned to the demons.

"I did what you asked. Now leave." I said coldly.

"I don't think so. This was only half of what was needed to be done. We need his body dead too so he won't come back."

"Can't you do that yourself?" I asked bored. C'mon Yuusuke wake your fucking ass up! Right now would be a good time.

"Do it, or we'll kill both of you along with him."

"Go ahead. I'd like to see you try," I said bravely placing my mom behind my back to shield her.

"Really? Would you like it if she found out your little secret?" I gasped at that. They didn't tell her, did they? Those bastards! "Ask him Minamino-san. Ask your son what he really is." I heard my mom become silent. I sighed. They already told her. I just prove them right. I reached into my hair and pulled out a rose.

"Rose Whip!" I called out letting my spirit energy make the rose into a long whip with thorns. I heard my mom gasp in surprise. I wish it didn't go this way but then I guess I'll go this way.

"So it's true what they said?" she asked in a soft whisper of surprise but not that of fear. I was confused.

"Yes," I simply answered. "Now go before they get to you. After I'm finished I'll come straight home and explain everything, okay mom?" I said out of regular basis.

I think I saw a smile on her. She wasn't afraid?

"Alright. I'll wait for you," she said before running off out of sight from these lower class demons.

She still accepted me?

I didn't have time to enjoy that part and barely dodged the kunai that was hurled at me. It landed right where I was just standing. I hope Yuusuke wakes up soon because I don't think I could hold all of them off because there's too many.

* * *

Normal POV

Yuusuke finally managed to wake up and beat the rest of them. Of course he still had to go after Kurama. Kurama immediately left back to his apartment so Yuusuke had to chase him down again, that is, if he could remember which apartment complex it was.

At Kurama's apartment, he explained it all to his mom. He was surprised that his mom accepted him as her own son still. He expected her to disown him or something but she didn't. He was happy about that. That is until there was a knock at the door. Kurama recognized the familiar ki signature that belonged to Yuusuke. 'Oh shit,' he thought.

His mom answered the door and he quickly went up to his room and jumped into the tree that, by coincidence, was near his window. He jumped down from the second story. He faintly heard his mom panic in surprise and Yuusuke's curses. 'Well it serves him right,' he thought. Kurama quickly ran into the streets around the crowded places so that way the detective won't get him. Then he remembered the demon detector that the detective had when he unmasked his ki.

He waited in an area in a secluded park. No one would find it because he kept a daily check with the beautiful flowers that inhabit the place. He soon fell asleep, seeing that it's still nighttime. Besides if the detective came any closer he'd be able to sense it. He is, after all, a light sleeper.

* * *

Yuusuke was able to find the path that Kurama took when he left the house. He found him in a secluded area where no one would likely go except him. He found the redhead sleeping peacefully among the field of flowers under a tree. He was thinking of scaring him when he woke up since Minamino did make him do some things for him that he knew was supposed to rudely decline.

So he waited there sitting down by the redhead. It was almost dawn. Yuusuke could just imagine the screams. ~ Evil Grin ~

* * *

It became morning. The time was about seven or so. Around that. Kurama woke up to a field of flowers as he did but not with… Tied hands?! He cursed. How the hell did he end up with tied hands?

"You're finally awake sleeping beauty. I thought I had to wait a longer time than that," Yuusuke said from behind.

Kurama didn't understand all of this. First he should've been able to sense Yuusuke's energy coming in his direction while he was in the land of dreams, beautiful ones too, and second he should be able to get out of the binds so easily. He is a master thief! And he still is. Well, fortunately for him his hands were tied in the front not the back.

Kurama jumped a good distance away from Yuusuke with a daring look. Yuusuke just sighed from his end of the point.

"Listen KU-RA-MA," he said saying the name in broken words, "We could do this the easy way or the hard way. So just do the right thing and go the easy way."

Kurama chuckled. The spirit detective thought that the binds could actually hold him? Well then he should guess again. Kurama was able to untie the ropes, don't ask, and crossed his arms.

"Is there another way? I mean the easy way just sounds… I don't know… too easy? I heard that you enjoy fighting. I haven't tested my spirit energy in a while. I think I might be a little to rusty," Kurama said with mischief lingering in his emerald green eyes. Yuusuke mumbled what sounded like 'why can't they ever pick the easy way?'

"I'm sorry my dear detective what was that?" Kurama said teasingly. To him it was fun getting Yuusuke riled up even in school.

Yuusuke getting enough charged at Kurama with trying to land the original first punch routine. Kurama dodged it, "Too slow," he said landing ten feet away. "You're going to have to be faster than that Urameshi! But then I don't have time for this." Kurama sent his spirit energy to the plants around him. Vines came up and trapped Yuusuke's arms and legs together so he wouldn't be able to do anything. Yuusuke struggled but to no avail.

"Sorry detective. But I've got to go. I'm kind of in a hurry for the Sunday morning rush. I'm kind of in need of keeping my mom and myself under a roof. Ja!" Kurama said waving before going off and leaving a trapped Yuusuke.

Yuusuke grumbled curses. He was stuck for hours until Hiei decided to actually help him. Plus Hiei found it amusing to see the detective tied up and trying to find a way to escape. He was thinking of killing the detective right there but then he might be put into reikai prison.

Hiei is now interested in the case concerning Youko Kurama.

Kinshin: I just got done with the chapter and what a hassle it was. I'm sorry that it's so short but I just thought that I would end it there! Anyways I would like to thank the anonymous reviewer!

Like it? Review!