Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole New Game ❯ Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Whole New Game

Part 3

Hiei sat in the tree near the window of the fox's bedroom that he used to escape from Yuusuke. He still couldn't believe that the fox would still care for silly humans, especially his human mother. But then usually an enemy of the detective is a good friend any day. To him the fox seemed much better company than the detective and the idiot. He might as well, it is getting kinda boring sitting in a tree all day doing nothing.

Hiei walked to the window that was two stories high. It beats having to be a demon and a good balancer in trees. He tapped it and waited for a response.

Kurama noticed the energy outside. He knew whom Hiei was and that he worked for Koenma. He didn't care about that though. He was bored and decided to let the fire demon in. Besides, he is the only demon company in the ningenkai so far besides stray ones that aren't even worth talking to.

* * *

Kurama walked to school two days later. He didn't want to go to the school because he wanted to avoid the annoying fan club of his, which was the majority of the female population except Keiko. She was also a friend with Yuusuke. Despite their little hatred for each other Keiko was still a friend to both of them.

Kurama sighed as he saw the regular approach him, especially Mina who naturally clung to him. He didn't listen to all the questions being said like rockets. All he caught was…well actually he didn't catch anything. He shrugged it off. He decided to be nice and shove them all off of him gently as he could. But the fluffy clouds with little cute bunnies are preventing him from doing it to forcefully. His mind is really starting to cloud over with clouds of black smoke.

The bell rang and he heard the disappointed sighs of his fan club. He was grateful for that bell. He walked quickly to his first class and is planning something to disturb the detective. Then the detective would get another slap from Keiko for getting detention. He's seen it happen before. It was very amusing.

Kurama found his first class of the day and sat down in the partner seats. Sadly to say there is a seating chart and he was miraculously placed by Yuusuke when the computer shuffled it. He was grateful that Yuusuke wasn't there most of the time and was either ditching or just up on the roof.

Right when the bell rang Yuusuke came and sat next to his desk partner. This is a very first in a long time that Yuusuke sat in the desk.

The teacher came in and scanned the classroom. He saw that Yuusuke was there and just bypassed it then snapped his head back when he realized that Yuusuke was in his classroom willingly!

"Urameshi?" the teacher questioned.

"Uh yeah?" Yuusuke answered disrespectfully. The teacher didn't answer. Kurama choked what sounded like he was holding a laugh. Yuusuke glanced at his desk partner with a raised eyebrow.

"Something caught in my throat." Kurama answered with another cough *muffled laugh*.

"Now that everyone is here I'll be assigning you your group project. Your partners have been chosen for you so don't even ask. There will be no trading partners and you both have to work on it otherwise I give the one person who does all of it," the teacher said giving a stern look at Yuusuke and continued, "Your project would be done in some myth creature that has been passed down into history. Some are hard to find but I'm sure that you can manage."

He held out a small box that had pieces of papers in there.

"Now your partner is the person sitting next to you. No complaints especially from you two Minamino and Urameshi. One person from each group would draw one and they can't switch. If you get something hard tough luck. You have to show me what I you got so I could write it down so I make sure that you don't switch!"

Kurama sighed. He was stuck with Yuusuke, the one that is hunting him down for the lazy-ass Koenma. He was sure that his mother would be devastated. He didn't care, he already told her except the part about Koenma hunting him down using his useless lackeys. To him the only one that would be suitable would be Hiei and that would be it. Yuusuke is so inexperienced as is Kuwabara as he just found out two days ago.

He sighed again as Yuusuke didn't stand up to go get the slip of useless paper. Kurama just opted to wait for the last one then. It'll be handed to them. It didn't matter what they got, Kurama would find some way to get the work done where he'll have to do everything while Yuusuke would be proven useless.

"Hey girly-girl aren't you going to go up there and get it?" Yuusuke said in his usual taunt towards Kurama.

"No, since I'm in the inner seat I figured that you'd be a babe and get it for us," Kurama responded back.

The teacher handed them their paper, which happens to be the last one. Yuusuke read it and his eyes were about to pop out of their sockets. Kurama, seeing the reaction, snatched it from Yuusuke's hand and read it:

Youko Kurama

"Well this is interesting, I'm flattered," Kurama said. Yuusuke heard it but didn't comment on that.

"You have the period to work on it! There are enough computers for everyone if they share. This will determine if you pass the class or not. Urameshi I'm going easy. Begin!" the teacher said.

"Hmm…then I didn't really need to actually do work here," Kurama mused.

"Whatever, meet me at the roof at lunch. We have to discuss our current predicament Kurama," Yuusuke said before getting up and walking out of the classroom.

Kurama looked at the clock and sighed. It was almost lunch a few more minutes. He couldn't believe that time passed real quickly. And he already jotted down things about himself. He is the legendary youko and didn't need books or the Internet to search them up. He was thinking of leaving right now. The teacher would let him anyways.

As expected the teacher excused him out. He walked up to the roof. He didn't understand what was the point when they could've just talked outside. He reached the roof and heard a bit of an argument. He guessed that it was Yuusuke and Keiko. You could hear her slaps a mile away. Kurama found them and watched amused. He figured that they didn't notice him yet because they haven't stopped.

When they finally noticed him he just smiled and clapped, "Encore," he said, "But I think there should have been more action. Keiko-chan you should've gone through and tossed him over the gate," Kurama added.

"Shuuichi-kun you are so barbaric. Death is just too good for this idiot. I can see why they spat him back to life," Keiko said, "Well I'll leave you two alone. Don't do anything that you'll regret. Bye beautiful!" She said in a singsong voice and winked in their direction before entering the door and walking downstairs.

Kurama turned to face Yuusuke.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Kurama asked.

"Can't this wait until lunch? It isn't even lunch yet," Yuusuke responded.

"It will be in about two minutes."

"Wanna bet?"

"Sure. You get me lunch."

"Fine whatever."

The bell rang after two minutes.

"Well detective it looks like you owe me lunch."

* * *

Kurama sighed for about the thousandth time into their conversation. He didn't get it. First Koenma wanted his ass in reikai prison, now he's asking for his help? He'd rather let his mother into dealing with this situation. When it concerned him she knew how to handle it, very well. Might it be added that Minamino Shiori is a great negotiator.

Kurama walked home to find that his mom was there and not working.

"Hey mom," he said walking over and sitting in the empty seat across from her.

"Hi honey. How was school?" Shiori asked smiling.

"Eventful."

"Really? What happened?"

"Ah nothing really. You wouldn't want to know about it."

"Don't tell me, your ass is being hunted down," she said.

"Uh…yes." Kurama looked a bit surprised at her choice of words and wondered how'd she knew of his current predicament. It was then that he noticed the boxes that were packed and the fact that the apartment looked almost empty.

"The toddler talked to me earlier about you. I made a little deal with the little demi-god. So pack the rest of your things and hurry up."

"Where are we going?"

"A new place. Full and paid for. Now go upstairs and get your things. We're moving today, you can thank your mother later for making this little deal."

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: I'm sorry that I've been taking this long to update! I would like to thank you reviewers and visitors! And I would like to thank you guys for your patience with me. The fact that it's spring break and I couldn't think of anything! That totally sucks. I've on writers block the whole time and now spring break is almost over. But anyways…

Like it? REVIEW! ^_^