Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole New Game ❯ Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Whole New Game

Part 4

Kurama was a bit surprised. He wondered how his mother managed to get a house like this. It looked expensive but it wasn't that big. A two-story house with a small spiral stairs and a nice chandelier. Now he had to ask his mother what she did.

"Uh…how did you…um get all this?" Kurama asked motioning to the house.

"Oh, that was easy. All I had to do was to approve in letting you join Koenma's little detective force. And in return we get free housing all paid for and monthly brought in money for food and schooling. I have to get a job to buy the clothes and other things like electricity you know. Are you angry?" she asked sincerely.

'First she makes the deal without asking me and now is being sympathetic? Oh well I would've negotiated this anyways. Anything for her to live a good life,' Kurama thought.

"No, I would've suggested this anyways," Kurama answered.

"I'm happy, now that you've agreed then you can start unpacking while I go out and get groceries. And you can't do any homework until you get my stuff and yours unpacked," Shiori said walking towards the exit.

"But mom! That's not fair!" Kurama protested.

"Too bad honey! You're available! See you later!" She called back to him and waved.

Kurama pouted.

* * *

Yuusuke grumbled curses. First he had a project due and is partners with Kurama. The one person he detested the most. He was being forced to walk to Kurama's new house and work on the project with him, ever since Keiko got wind of it. He was thinking of skipping and letting Kurama do it since it is about him but then Keiko said that she'd call him and ask if Yuusuke went there or not. He had no other choice except to go.

He reached his destination and knocked at the front door. He heard a crash followed by curses that would really become useful. He was about to leave assuming that someone was not home but was really trying to not do anything in the project. But unfortunately someone answered the door. It was Kurama.

"What do you want kno-" Kurama began but cut off when he noticed that it was Yuusuke standing at the door.

"I just came to help with the project," Yuusuke said.

"Oh I thought you didn't want to do anything?"

"I'm being forced to come here, Keiko told me too."

"Oh well then seeing as you don't want to then I guess you could leave."

"Okay then see ya!" he said about to go off but what Kurama said stopped Yuusuke in his tracks.

"I'll tell Keiko that you directly left right after you came!" Kurama called out to him smirking.

Yuusuke grumbled curses under his breath. Kurama was about to close the door when Yuusuke stopped him.

"Yes?"

"Can you not tell Keiko that?" Yuusuke asked.

"I gave her my word and I don't break it," Kurama answered.

"I'll do something for you if you don't tell her okay?"

"Hmm…this'll be good. I think there's something you can do for me detective." Kurama said dragging an unwilling, but forced, Yuusuke inside.

Yuusuke didn't like the glint in Kurama's eyes. He saw Hiei there helping out around and putting things in places. He gulped. He didn't want to know what he was going to do and he didn't even want to think about it.

"Here you go," Kurama said handing him a feather duster. "You can start dusting the shelves and the tables. If you could the blinds too, thanks detective." Kurama finished before flopping down on the couch.

"Thanks, you guys are the best!" Kurama said smiling with a smirk.

"Lazy kitsune, can't even do his own work," Hiei grumbled under his breath. He didn't want to tell a repeat of how he got tricked into cleaning the new place. Next time he was going to silence the fox before he even made another sound.

"Yeah freaking girly-girl. You're supposed to be doing this," Yuusuke said.

"I'm just trying to help you. I mean you're going to be stuck in the same grade for a time and then you'll probably be working at someone's house as a butler. I'm just making sure that you know what to do," Kurama said grinning.

Yuusuke threw down the feather duster, "That does it! I'm leaving!" he called out. But he couldn't make it out the door.

"Hmm… let me see, what was Keiko's phone number again? Oh yeah, seven th-"

"Alright, alright!" Yuusuke said going back to his task of dusting the tables and shelves. Next time Yuusuke was going to make sure that when making deals with Kurama it was also going to be a better benefit for him than being like some house cleaner. He also didn't say any restraints so he was mostly cursing his own stupidity.

* * *

Kurama was walking along the streets. It was a good sunny day in the afternoon of a Saturday. Not much people were roaming the streets, most of them were at the malls shopping and spending it on good for nothing pieces of junk that they would use until about a few years later or likely throw it away and not use it at all, which his mother was currently doing right now.

He could never understand it. So he never bothered too. Right now he knew that he was being followed. For what he didn't know. He couldn't sense any kind of spirit energy emitting from the followers. So that makes them human. He didn't want to deal with stalkers right now. They were probably some rival gangs of Yuusuke's and he didn't seriously want to ruin *their* reputation but if he had to he had to. It's just the way life goes, he can't control it.

Kurama stopped and turned to face the group of five following him.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Kurama asked in a neutral tone expressing no emotion through his voice.

"Actually yes, there is." A familiar voice said through the leader. Then he recognized it was the same leader that he defeated before when his mother was kidnapped.

"And what might that be bull face? Another chance for me to pound that ugliness to the ground?" Kurama said amusingly.

"Why you - I'm going to scar that pretty face of yours."

"That is if you could touch me."

As usual the brutes getting their asses kicked by the same redhead that did it before. When Kurama was finished he dusted off his hands and walked off.

He saw Hiei appear beside him.

"Ah Hiei what brings you here?" he asked.

"Hn." He answered.

"Typical answer. What really brings you here? Or do I have to force it out of you?"

"Shut up Kitsune. Koenma wants to see us for a stupid mission that he's sending us on. Apparently there hasn't that much competition so far."

"Oh really? I better ask my mom and see what she would do. I doubt she'd actually let me go unless she gets something in return."

* * *

"Absolutely not!" Came the angry shout of Minamino Shiori. "Where is that little baby god in charge?!" she continued.

Soon Koenma appeared. He was sweating profusely, afraid of a mother's wrath, especially Kurama's.

"Um…is there something you need?" Koenma asked nervously. Kurama chuckled at the demi-god's nervousness. He was very happy for being a child of the best mother in the world. To him, that is.

"Yes, can you explain to me this mission? There is no way am I having my son go out there where he could actually die by playing with other demons. Now tell me all details. And if you leave any out then I suggest you get out before I speak with your father and complain on how his little boy is suffering with all this and what a poor job he's doing."

"Um…uh…um…" Koenma began and started explaining and trying not to stutter in front of the very smart negotiator.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Okay, I'm finished with part three. I have been on major writers block and just couldn't come up with anything. I promise to make the next chapter better. I'm still thinking.

Like it? Review!