Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Magic ❯ Meeting New People I Have Known All Along ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnimeAngel007: …*lands in the next chapter*…

Yusuke: *runs over* …HIEI!!! WHY THE HELL DID YOU HAVE TO THROW HER SO DAMN FAR?!?

AnimeAngel007: *still a chibi* o.0 WOAH SPIWIT DWETWECTIVE!!! WASH THWAT TONGUE WITH SWOAP WHY DONTCHA?!?

Yusuke: I'D LIKE TA SEE YA MAKE---*BANG* @.@;;

AnimeAngel007: *is a chibi holding a mallet that's ten times her size* FWINE!!! *pounces on his head with a bar of soap that's 3 times her size and shoves it into his mouth*

Hiei: ……*utter silence*

Yusuke: *COUGH HACK*

Kurama: …Um…AnimeAngel…you're going to make him suffocate if you keep that up…

AnimeAngel007: DWIE!!!

Kuwabara: o_o I think that's what she's TRYING to do…

Chen: WOAH THERE!!! *holds her back* WE DON'T WANT ANOTHER LAWSUIT!!!

Kurama: …Excuse me? Another?

AnimeAngel007: …………

Chen: Um…*looks at her watch* WOAH LOOK AT THE TIME!!! GOTTA FLASH!!! *WHOOSH*

AnimeAngel007: *poofs back to normal* I do not own…*takes out a list* Yu Yu Hakusho, any brand name of soap, Jimmy Neutron, or these chibi mood swings…In fact…silverdemon87 gave me the idea ^_^. But I do own Chen…who just made a brilliant impression of Jimmy Neutron…

Yusuke: << HELLO?! HE'S DYIN HERE!!!

Kuwabara: *reads above text* Ohhh yeah…*goes to help Yusuke*

AnimeAngel007: …Um…BYE *whooshes too*

Meeting New People I Have Known All Along…: Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danika's POV

The house here was not too big. It was two story, about the size of my `real' house. There was a small living room, consisting of a couch, a small table, and a medium sized TV. Right next to the living room was a wooden framed kitchen, which emitted a mouth-watering smell.

In the back was a dining room, with a huge black marble table with chairs set around it. Above that was a small chandelier. Around the area of the dining room were see-through cupboards consisting of Japanese oriented teacups, plates, and other miscellaneous items. I looked around. There was a woman cooking in the kitchen. She had black hair that reached to her chin in a straight form and it was held back by what looked like a bandana and black eyes that were eyeing the cooking pan she is using. At the small cooking table was a man who was drinking coffee and reading a newspaper. He was wearing glasses and he had rather long black hair. Then there was a small girl at the table as well eating cereal. She had hair that reached to below her shoulders and big cute eyes that just screamed I'M A CHIBI!!!.

"Good morning dear, ready for the day at the university?" the man at the table said.

"Uh yeah…" I stammered for a moment. This family was completely opposite of my real family. My `mother' seemed to be done with the cooking and she came over to me.

"Here's your lunch dear," she stuffed the bunny handkerchief wrapped bento (Japanese lunch box) into what looked to be a suitcase(its those bags for school they have in Japan). "So make a good impression for your teachers."

"Isn't it great that our daughter is such a high achiever she has made it as an advanced student at the Koryo University(I made this name up…^_^;;)?" my dad said while still reading. Well that answers the question of why I'm going to the college. I snapped out of my thinking when I felt a tug at my skirt. I looked down to see my little sister.

"You're so lucky!" she said in a cute girlish tone. "You go to school for only one day just to introduce yourself and then you get a huge vacation!" she pouted. She was cute, but I didn't know her name.

"Now now Isiza, its for a college, you'll end up there one day too." My mother smiled calmly.

"Sakuita dear, Danika, is the lunch ready? Best be going soon…" My father said as he stood up to get ready to leave for work.

"Yakuto, she is ready." She wished me good luck and everything and I started walking towards the University.

Author's POV

Danika had her questions answered, but now what lies in store for her? Who shall she meet at the University? She didn't have as many questions as before. She now knew that she was 17, her mother's name was Sakuita, her father's name was Yakuto, and her little sister's name was Isiza. Now all she had to do was find a way out of this weird place.

Danika's POV

Hm…now I know about my family…but why was I brought here? Do I have a purpose? I just stared at the sidewalk as I was walking. It looked familiar…as if I saw it from somewhere. Wait!!! This neighborhood! I noticed the apartments, the houses, the…well everything! It's the neighborhood of Yusuke and the others!!!

Everything came to me now. This was exactly how it had been! Is it a coincidence? I just thought for a while. Even if it was the neighborhood and even if it was like Yu Yu Hakusho…Yusuke and Hiei wouldn't be here because they were training in Makai at the end. Then I realized…I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE STUPID UNIVERSITY WAS!!!

I checked my bag for a map, a brochure, anything!!! Luckily there was a small paper with a map to the school on it. I guess I was being dumb because while I was walking and trying to find a map at the same time, I made it to the crowded school grounds that were only some few meters forward…*sweatdrop*

Author's POV

The school was rather big. There was a gigantic clock that seemed plastered right on the white front and there were tons of classes inside too. The hallways were filled with lockers and the quad was HUGE!!! The back of the school was cool too. There was a small track field and plenty of grass was growing around there as well.

Danika went over to the office. She didn't exactly know what she had to do to register or whatever it was she needed to do. Luckily the office lady explained everything. Danika already had a school name registered on the computer so she just needed to give her full name. She was given her schedule so she can introduce herself and her locker combination just in case she wanted to check it out.

Danika's POV

377, 377, 377!!! Man the school was humongous!!! I slowly whispered the locker number over and over as I wandered through the crowded hallways. This school must be very popular and at high rank too. The walls were pasted with all sorts of paper that said `Welcome new students!', which I thought was kinda cheesy for a college. I was about to give up.

"Hey!" a young voice said. I turned around to see a young girl in a short skirt, a button up shirt, and a tie on wave at me. "Hello the names Akiri! Need help finding something?" She seemed hyperactive…

"Sure," I said rather quietly. Akiri quickly snatched my schedule out of my hand that had my classes and my locker number on it. "So Danika is it?" she said still reading the contents of the slip of paper.

"Yes, can you help me then?" I said.

"Of course I will!" Akiri cheerfully said. She took my arm and started dragging me to my first class.

"There! Japanese Culture and History!" we made it to my first class. The sun was shining through the window of the rather large classroom, "This is Mr. Kuwataro!" she took me over to the teacher at the desk. He had very short light brown hair and he wore thin square glasses, he looked around 30 or maybe 28.

"Oh hello," he smiled at me, "seems to me you've met our eccentric young one." He said while he looked at Akiri.

"Hey! Just so you know, I take that as a compliment!" Akiri said.

I smiled and introduced myself.

"Oh so you're Danika Kusuma," his voice was kind and patient, "Go ahead and look around more, the class introductions won't start for 53 minutes," he said as he looked at his watch.

Akiri looked at my schedule again. "Hm…lets see…Calculus is over downstairs, Biology is in the hallway, and these other ones should all be in this hallway if you look hard enough…" Akiri said.

"Wow thank you…" I said "Um if you don't mind me asking, how do you know all this?"

Akiri sweatdropped but smiled, "Hehe I'm the principal's daughter…"

"Oh," I smiled and laughed softly.

"Well I gotta go help the other students, your locker should be a little further down, ok so I'll see you later!" with that, Akiri left.

50 minutes more…I just hoped the day would be over so I could look around more. Now that I know it's the YYH neighborhood, I'm very curious to see what's around here. After my thinking, I felt something around in the classroom suddenly. It was strange…I turned around to see if the air conditioner came on and gave me chills or something. I never expected to see a young boy with long red hair and piercing green eyes come through the door.

"Hello again Shuiichi," Mr. Kuwataro said, "Have you seen the other classes already?"

The boy smiled and replied, "Yes sir, thank you for giving me the directions."

The boy was dressed in maroon. His pants and jacket were maroon and he was wearing a white long sleeved shirt under. He was also wearing a green tie. He had a gorgeous smile and his eyes sparkled from the sun coming through the window.

"Ku-Kurama?" I whispered out-loud involuntarily. It was barely a whisper, but Kurama seemed to have heard me. His smile faded and he started to stare at me very seriously. I covered my mouth quickly. "Um sorry Mr. Kuwataro, I have to see the other classes now, thank you," I said a bit too quickly because I was trying to get away from Kurama.

"Okay, I'll see you soon then," Mr. Kuwataro said.

I ran out the classroom hoping Kurama would not follow…

Kurama's POV

I had gotten into the university because of my mother and step-father's wishes. I was planning to take up my step-father's antique business which I will, but the University sent me a scholarship that made my parents encourage me to enroll. It has been 3 months since the Makai Tournament and Yusuke and Hiei were still training in Makai. I've seen them a couple of times at the office in Spirit world. Kuwabara and I have been dealing with the cases here, there was somehow an overrun of demons nowadays. Demon or not, this girl…how did she…

It was rather confusing. I just walked in and she suddenly seemed to have whispered my demonic name. I felt something was strange about her, but I couldn't pinpoint what. She didn't have any spirit energy. I felt none whatsoever. She seemed nervous after that and left. I just sat down and put my bag away. I started thinking of whether or not I should follow her or let her be.

Danika's POV

Phew Kurama hadn't followed me…least…not yet anyways. I checked all the classes already and introduced myself to all the teachers politely. I was thinking. I didn't know Kurama was going to a university. I thought he was going to carry on his step-father's business. Leastways, I knew he heard me say his name.

I checked my small watch. There were 35 minutes left till the first class. It left me with just enough time to find my locker and check on it.

#377

23

7

45

The combo and everything was on there. I looked around in the hallway where Mr. Kuwataro's room was. It was a little down the hall as what Akiri had said. Fortunately I found it, but unfortunately, it was jammed.

OPEN YA STINKIN PIECE OF METAL!!! I banged the locker and tried the combination over and over again.

I whined, "Great…just my luck…"

"Need any help?" I heard a familiar voice say. Oh no…I turned around to see two green eyes looking at me. Kurama was smiling, but his eyes still held that sense of suspicion.

"Um yes please…" I said with a small blush. Did he really hear me call his name back there?

Kurama just smiled and slowly banged on the door of the locker. It opened just as soon as he put his fist down.

"Wow…thank you," I said nervously, "I'll have to remember to do that."

Kurama chuckled and replied,"No problem." There were 23 minutes left, Kurama and I started walking towards Mr. Kuwataro's classroom.

Kurama's POV

I sat at the desk thinking until I finally decided to follow her. I wanted to know how she knew my name. Fortunately she was only a little down the hall. Her locker was right next to mine so it might be easier to get answers out of her without causing anymore trouble then there already is. I was going to try to get it out of her without giving her more information about myself. Maybe if I spent some time with her, I might get my answers.

"So what might be your name?" I asked her gently. She obviously knew my name. I could probably trick her into telling me how she knows me…it will be difficult…

Danika's POV

I just looked up at him. It seemed as if he wasn't suspiscious at all. I held my guard up though, I couldn't trust him fully yet.

"Danika," I said with a smile. And then I thought, I should ask for his name even though I knew it very well. I just needed to keep up the act… "and yours?"

Kurama's POV

"Shuiichi," I said with a smile on my face. She was pretty good at faking, reminds me of Yusuke. But I am certain she called me Kurama in the classroom. I just continued walking and thought how I would deal with this present situation.

Danika's POV

Phew…for once I was good at lying. Why couldn't I have been able to lie when I was in trouble like that time in math class? I have to be careful what I say around him. A lot of girls were looking at both of us walking and started whispering and giggling silently. Some of them shot death glares at me though, when Kurama wasn't looking. I face faulted at the fan clubs. I hope they don't think we're a couple or something. Even though I do have a major crush on him.

"Hi Shuiichi!" I heard a girl giggle. Uggh…preps…twitch

"Hello," Kurama replied warmly. I looked up at him and grinned.

"Seems like you have girls in line to go out with you huh?" I said jokingly, still keeping the drama.

"Um…I…suppose," Kurama replied. He was turning as red as his hair.

I couldn't help but smile at his face. We were at the classroom with 7 minutes to spare. Class started and the introductions began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

AnimeAngel007: I actually edited this fanfic while I was away…

Kurama: …Well it certainly is much more descriptive…

AnimeAngel007: Gee thanks! I have no clue what you just said…but thanks! ^^

Kurama: *sweatdrops* Your welcome…

*soap bar goes flying at AA007*

AnimeAngel007: o.0 EEEEKKKK BUT I JUST TOOK A BATH LAST WEEK!!! *whooshes away from the soap*

Yusuke: …*unwhooshes her*

AnimeAngel007: o.0

Ryuken: (silverdemon87's chary…her saying too) O__O HOW DARE YOU!!! YOU UNWHOOSHER OF WHOOSHINESS…AND THE THINGS THAT GO WHOOSH!!!

AnimeAngel007: …………………………WHOOS H!!!

Hiei: ……bakas…

Yusuke: ……right…