Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Magic ❯ Questions Better Left Unanswered... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ryuken: …Amazing…the great spirit detective almost dying from soap…

Yusuke: SHUT UP!!! I WAS CHOKING YA KNOW!!!

AnimeAngel007: I know…and the sad part is…it would've been his 3rd death…

Ryuken: …and it's by soap…

Kurama: ;;;…lets not…tease…

Hiei: …Hn…

Kuwabara: HAHAHA URAMESHI!!!

Ryuken: …and I've also noticed you haven't beaten up Kuwabaka yet…

AnimeAngel007: o.0 Wow you're right…and I haven't been having any withdrawals either…

Ryuken: …Apocalypse?

AnimeAngel007: …possibly…

Yusuke: …-_-

Hiei: …Bakas…every last one of them…

Questions Better Left Unanswered…: Chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danika's POV

Shut up…Shut up…Shut up…SHUT UP!!! UGGH!!!

The introductions were reeeeaaaallly boring. Especially the guy who collects different colored string…And I thought school in REAL LIFE was boring. String…

Partially the time we took for introductions was spent on thinking (Yeah that's right thinking…). Did or did not Kurama hear me?!?! It's pretty obvious he did though. He looked like he was paying attention to the introductions, but I noticed he took several glances at me. I was in the front row and he was sitting right behind me. I felt like he was looking at me at times, or it could be my imagination. I mean my imagination was what brought me here anyway…

Kurama's POV

Danika was it? I was wondering if Koenma had any files on her. I could've been delusional though. No, I couldn't have been delusional I know I heard her correctly. She definitely said "Kurama". I just hoped she wasn't an enemy. It was the first day at this University. I was starting to think it was a good idea to enroll because it gave me leads to anything unusual going on. I smiled to myself. My good parents…

Danika's POV

I passed some papers to the back of the row to `Shuiichi Minamino'. I noticed he wasn't taking them so I peeked over my shoulder to see what he was doing. His face was resting on his folded hands, and he was smiling with his eyes were closed. Seems like Kurama was thinking of something. This may have nothing to do with anything but…he was so handsome.

"Ms. Danika," I heard Mr. Kuwataro's voice speaking, which knocked me out of my swooning state.

EEK… I looked up, "Uh yes?"

He just smiled, "Welcome back to the Earth, how was Pluto?" he asked jokingly. Everyone laughed. I just sat there embarrassed. Kurama finally took the papers from my hand. I looked back at him. He just blinked and smiled politely. Boy he was good at faking things…

Author's POV

Kurama had a good point. Koenma might have some files on her. But it would be rather weird. If he did then did he have files of everyone in the REAL world? Kurama was afraid that Danika knew a lot about himself and his Youko side. If she were some sort of enemy, it would lead to trouble. No she was not an enemy though. It felt like she had no spirit energy so she wasn't much of a threat. She barely even knew how she got here or how she will get back.

Danika's POV

I just sighed to myself. I was wondering if my real mother and father are worried. I don't know how the heck to get back. All this time they might be looking for me…the police and…no. I can't think like this. I just shook my head I shouldn't think this way. I didn't know what to do anymore…

I heard the ringing of the bell. I started to grab my books.

Kurama's POV

My next class was Biology. I still wondered about Danika, and I still wanted more answers. I walked over to her while she was filling up her bag with her books.

"Hi again, Danika," I said with a smile, "What classes do you have now?"

Danika's POV

I looked up at Kurama's warm yet deceiving face. I decided to answer, just because I was a sucker for his smile…"Just Biology and Advanced Calculus," I said, "but I change schedules on Wednesdays."

I knew he was being curious. DARN IT MY BIG MOUTH!!! Why did I call him Kurama? …No duh…Because it's his name dummy…-_-;;

Kurama's POV

"Then I have all your classes, that's great. You are quite intelligent aren't you?" I was pleased to hear she had the same classes as me so far. It helps me keep an eye on her.

She delayed a bit before answering. Her face was starting to turn a slight crimson.

Danika's POV

"Oh really? That's…that's really nice," I lied. DAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRNNNNNN IIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!! I just cursed in my mind. With Kurama? How do I know if I call him by his demonic name again?!? This would've been so much easier if I just told him the plain truth…but if I did, Koenma would be up to my neck in keeping me on a leash and pole. I'm pretty sure the Reiki Tantei wouldn't want a Spirit World Dictionary running around like I am…

Author's POV

Danika was right. If anyone knew she had this much info on the Reiki Tantei, it would cause a lot of trouble and she could be kidnapped (…sounds fun). Koenma has actually been looking for new spirit detectives, back in Spirit World There were hundreds of demons, apparitions, ogres, and a whole bunch of other beings that were gathered up at the office and Hiei and Yusuke were helping out to pick someone…

At Spirit World: Koenma's Office

Yusuke's POV

"DARN IT KOENMA!!!" I was so pissed off right now. The stupid toddler wanted a NEW spirit detective. As if we weren't enough.

"WHY IN THE WORLD DO WE NEED A NEW FRICKIN MEMBER?!?!?!?"

Pacifier breath just looked at me with a twitching eye, "Because Yusuke, you and I both know that Ningenkai has been overrun with much more powerful demons than before, S-class, or Quest class, ones if I'm not mistaken. Along with a few A-classes as well," he lectured. Then his voice hushed, "and anyway daddy told me to find a new member…"

I just gapped and sweatdropped. Hiei was looking as if he was about to beat Koenma's pacifier out. He and I knew we could take on the demons by ourselves. These losers would only get in the way.

Hiei's POV

I couldn't believe the little kid was so stupid. We could take on the demons on our own. In fact I could take the stupid beasts out on my own. These dumb lower cases would get in the way. Their spirit energy was unbelievably low. It wouldn't be much help.

"Hn…I agree with the spirit detective here…these bakas would only get in the way…"

Koenma's POV

"Don't doubt the powers of these new demons," I was really tired with this, "the portal has expanded over these months and stronger demons have been able to get out. Unfortunately, closing up the portal is also much harder than before…" I sighed exasperately.

We did need help. I ran statistics with the computer and everything. It showed the differences in power, spirit awareness, and other stats between us and the demons. And I didn't like the results.

I just sighed exasperately, "We HAVE to…even if you guys don't like it…We have no choice if we want to protect the Ningenkai from danger…"

Back at Koryo University…

Danika's POV

HALLELUAH!!! THE INTROS WERE OVER!!! THE STRING IS ALL DONE!!! Sorry, I was so happy classes were finished. AND THE STRING TOO!!! WE CAN'T FORGET THE STRING!!!

Now it was just lunch. We could eat in the quad if we wanted to. The classes in there were done anyhow. I had my bunny handkerchief-wrapped lunch in hand and I was looking for a place to sit. Thankfully I didn't see Kurama anywhere. He probably went out for lunch. I sat down at a small table and unwrapped the bento. There was some rice, some pickles, and some teriyaki chicken. Yay! I was so hungry…

Kurama's POV

I just stayed in the corner while watching Danika. She seemed normal enough, but how could she know my name? I was completely confounded.

"Kurama-kun?" I snapped out of my concentration and turned to the girl who addressed me.

"Oh, hello Akiri," I smiled politely. Akiri, without warning, turned toward Danika's way, the direction I was just facing in. She just blinked and then gazed up to me.

"Why are you spying on Danika-chan?" she looked inquisitively up at me.

"Um…" It's not `spying' its verifying she isn't causing any sort of inconvenience…so to speak. "I'm not spying..."

"Sure you're not," she said with a hint of slyness in her voice. "Look if you like her, then ask her out!"

I sweatdropped. I wasn't interested in dating with anyone to begin with, and I barely knew her too. "Uh no its not that…"

"Uh huh," she nodded, "Well if you need tips I'll stand by!" She skipped over to the principal's office to see her mom. I just stood at the corner sighing, and rolling my eyes. After I recovered I started to walk towards Danika.

Danika's POV

Uh oh…Its that chill like I felt before…wait…oh no. I knew what would be coming…never doubt the tingling feeling, Kurama was here. I was eating the bento slowly with a pair of chopsticks, but then my nervousness got the best of me and I started eating faster and faster until I was literally stuffing my face with it. I stopped when I heard that upcoming voice.

"May I sit here?" I turned around to see Kurama (bet you didn't guess that…o.0 *gets whacked by the reader*).

"S-sure," ok Danika, act nonchalant…just breathe…don't let anything get blurted out…and always remember to wear duct tape over your mouth when you get sucked into a cartoon world filled with demons and apparitions…

Kurama sat down on the chair next to mine. Judging by the look on his face, he seemed to have a lot on his mind.

Kurama's POV

I smiled warmly at Danika. Interrogating her might not be the best idea. I just have to act normally with it and don't act so suspicious. It seems that Danika was feeling rather uneasy with me.

I caught a scent of the food she was eating and it smelled quite good. "Your food…" Danika looked up from her meal, I just smiled, "it smells really good."

"Oh…thank you," she still seemed uneasy. I didn't want her to be shy, partially since it might prevent me from finding more about her.

"I heard you just moved into town, do you want me to give you the grand tour?" I wanted to be polite and spend more time with her to find out more.

Danika's POV

What? I moved here in Japan? Man I'm completely clueless about everything right now. I barely know myself! Literally…

"Uh yeah," I just went with it. If he asks me where from, I'm doomed… "no its alright, I could find my way around on my own. Thanks for offering its very nice of you."

Kurama looked at me, rather sadly, as if he was hoping I would agree, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, Yes…" I stuttered a bit and I felt rather nervous. I raised my hand and waved it passively. "But if I do reconsider I'll be sure to ask you, thanks."

Kurama half-smiled. "Alright then, here's my phone number if you ever need anything," he scribbled his phone number and his e-mail address on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Thank you K-…Shuiichi..." ACK NOT AGAIN!!! He looked at me, with the same look from before when I started saying Kurama. WHERES THE STUPID DUCT TAPE?!?!? ANYONE?!?

"Well bye then," I said a little too quickly. I already packed up the container of my lunch up and I hurriedly got up and started walking towards my home.

Kurama's POV

Yes, now I'm sure. She did call me Kurama. I stood up and looked in her direction. I just hoped I could get to know her better, that way I can finally understand what is going on. I got up as well. I had no lunch, so I decided to go eat ramen at Keiko's restaurant, so I started to walk in that direction.

Author's POV

Danika quickly hurried home. As soon as she was there, she put her school things away. Danika was glad to get away from Kurama. She was just about to call him by his real name once again. Now that it was winter break, she might not have to see him that much anymore and she might have more time to figure out how to get back to her real home.

Danika's POV

I was sooo stupid! I can never watch my mouth! I banged the palm of my hand against my forehead. Isiza and Sakuita were home. Now I have to be sure to call them by their respected titles…

"Hello, sweetie, how was school?" My mother said.

"Oh good good," My tone was rather quiet. My voice was shaking because I was so nervous.

Sakuita, my mother or kaasan in this case, just smiled, "Well you have all winter to rest and then comes the real thing, aren't you excited?" she was rather energetic wherefore I wasn't.

"Oh yes," I closed my eyes and smiled happily.

"Hiya big sister!" my little sister, Isiza, exclaimed. Her voice was so cute! It comforted me just a bit.

"Hello," I was getting used to this family…I just wish I could get used to the fact my real parents were worried that I wasn't home…

Author's POV

Danika came up to her room. She laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. She thought about the ways she could get back. She knew the Yu Yu Hakusho gang were living around here. She could ask them for help, but it wouldn't be a good idea. She didn't want to risk going to jail because she couldn't talk correctly… Koenma would probably help, but Danika was still worried of what might happen. Well if he had files on her, wouldn't he have files on everyone else in the `real' world too? Most of them knew about Yu Yu Hakusho and the Reiki Tantei too. Danika just couldn't think straight. She could just tell the truth. It would be so much easier. Danika was just so stressed out. To tell or not to tell. Why was she so worried about Kurama knowing she knows his real name and all about him being "Youko Kurama"? She could always take the chance, but Danika knew she might just get herself into more trouble. She just decided to keep quiet and try to find a way back home without having to deal with anyone…or anything...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Kurama: …I find it good that you haven't been having violent urges recently…

Ryuken: …I think it just means she hasn't had any sugar over the last couple of days…

Kurama: …*sweatdrop*

AnimeAngel007: Au Contraire…I had a cinnamon roll yesterday…

Ryuken: …are you sure it wasn't sugar free?

AnimeAngel007: *shrugs* eh-eh…

Yusuke: …AnimeAngel007 does not own any type of sugar, cinnamon roll shop, or Yu Yu Hakusho…

Hiei: Hn…

Ryuken: …Also you haven't been beating up Hiei because of his lack of vocabulary skills either…

AnimeAngel007: …

Kuwabara: …Uhhh…

Hiei: …At least she's much smarter now…

Ryuken: ………………WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ANIMEANGEL007?!?!