Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Magic ❯ Guess Who's Back? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AnimeAngel007: …Maybe I'm going through some weird…teenage hormone thing…

Ryuken: …Maybe…

Yusuke: …Girls…can we like…skip this whole… "I have no clue why the hell I'm so peaceful all of the sudden," thing?

AnimeAngel007: …I just find it strange that's all…

Yusuke: …you ARE strange…what's so hard about that?!?

Ryuken: …like we know…

Chen: …Or maybe you just find that your violent methods further prove that you have no life?

Yusuke: …Did anyone get that?

AnimeAngel007: …………………I SO TOO HAVE A LIFE!!! I JUST CHOOSE TO SPEND MOST OF IT ON THE INTERNET!!!

Everyone ex. AA007, Kurama, and Hiei: *fall over anime style*

Kurama: …oh dear…

Kuwabara: Uhhh…the crazy person writing this story does not own Yu Yu Hakusho, Ryuken, and other stuff…

Chen: *gets up twitching* nor a life…

AnimeAngel007: PENGUINS SHALL SOON CONQUER THE WORLD!!!

Kurama: …um…maybe you should calm down now…

Guess Who's Back?: Chapter 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danika's POV

I should go for a walk…all this thinking is definitely getting to my head. I still needed a lot of answers, but I just decided to keep the questions unanswered while I'm trying to get back to my real home. I didn't want anything to get more messed up as it already is.

I walked downstairs to find a note on the kitchen table…Holy…I can read Japanese now.

Danika-Chan,

Please take care of the house while Isiza-Chan and I go out to the market. If you decide to leave the house to look around our neighborhood a bit more, lock the doors. Don't worry, Isiza and I have an extra key.

-Sakuita

I just blinked. Why would I want to `look in the neighborhood more'? Come to think of it, Kurama did say I moved here… Did Sakuita, Yakuto, Isiza, and I just move here in this neighborhood? This was getting strange. I put the note down and I noticed some pictures on top of the fireplace in what looked like a frame with an American flag…hm how pretty…wait…WHAT?!?!?

I went over to the picture and looked at it. It looked like everyone: Sakuita, Yakuto, Isiza, and even me in this body! Uggh! As if things weren't as confusing already.

"So…does that mean…that in this anime life…I moved from America to Japan?" I just stared at the picture on the fireplace mantle. I looked on the back. There the words inscribed:

"Our old home…"

Yes in here we moved from America. I just really didn't get it. Did it mean…I had two lives? One here and one in the real world? It was as if there were two separate beings both living different lives, only they were the same person. GAH!!! It didn't make any sense at all! I didn't really move to Japan in my real life. How can it be? I mean I came from a real world and I have just recently been sucked into this world. Could I have lived a life here as well in this anime world? Did time restart when I came to this place? Or did I really live two separate lives here and in my real home? Kami-sama…

Author's POV

Things were getting stranger and stranger. It was weird how Danika was suddenly sent to a world that seemed to hold a second life for her. She couldn't take the pressure anymore. Danika wanted a way out and she wanted to get out now. She knew it wouldn't be easy, and she had no idea of how to get back. She still stuck to the idea not to go to the Reiki Tantei for help, even though it would have probably helped. Danika hoped that she would be transported back home automatically without having to do anything…1…2…3…POOF. If only life was really that easy…

Back at Spirit World…

Yusuke's POV

Too dumb, too weak, too…UGGH!!! I completely found this stupid `spirit detective' job a waste of time!!! Geez louise…dammit.

BOOM!!! The door suddenly burst open and Jorge came in with a small packet with a nervous look on his face. Uh oh…He went over to Koenma and handed him the packet. Koenma slowly read through it and suddenly his face went to a pale white.

"Whats up pacifier breath?" I asked hastily.

"Th-There is a demon sighting…" he stuttered, "a S-class, near your neighborhood…" My eyes grew wide.

"NO WAY!!!" I then started cursing, "WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW?!?!?" I was getting worried. How about Kurama, Kuwabara, my mom, the others, and…and Keiko?

"We will have to go there right away!" the little toddler said eagerly. "Jorge take care of the spirit detective occupation tryouts, we'll be right back. Ask Ayame and Hinageshi to help if needed."

"Uh, but Koenma-sir!" Jorge sweatdropped.

"No buts!" Koenma quickly ordered, "Yusuke's neighborhood is in trouble! And anyway if you want to blame someone blame yourself, you're the one who gave me the news…" Jorge sweatdropped. Then Koenma, Hiei, Botan, and I went off to my neighborhood while we gave Kurama and Kuwabara a message through telepathy, since if needed, they can try to handle things until we come. Besides the demon problem, it would be kinda nice to come back home after all that training in Makai. I missed Keiko and I hoped she was all right.

Back in the Ningenkai…

Danika's POV

IIIII wannnttt ttoooo gggooooo hhhooommmeee T_T!!! I couldn't believe it. After all the times that I've dreamed to come into a world like Yu Yu Hakusho, I would actually want to go home! Maybe it was because it was so confusing. I sighed to myself. My dreams didn't turn out as they were supposed to. I just walked around looking at the neighborhood and trying to think of a way to get home too.

I knew a lot of the places since I've watched Yu Yu Hakusho so often. I think I may have memorized it from the show. Right now I was walking near the park. I still remember it. They were more like woods than a park, but…it was one of the only nice places to hang out in town.

"Huh?" I turned around. I felt a strong chill…someone or something was following me. Or was it just the wind? I guess I should've brought a jacket. It was getting pretty late. I decided to walk around the small park a while to get some more time to think. I never really did see what was inside the park really so I was rather curious. I stared at the ground to notice shadows forming. I checked my watch. It was about 7:10…how could the shadows be forming that quickly? I felt the chill again. That does it…something was following me.

"Wh-Who's there?" I shouted out into the night. No answer…but the shadows around me continued forming rapidly. "AH!" I let out a short scream and I started quickening my pace into a run. The shadows suddenly shot out at me in streaks.

"ACK!" I barely dodged them. But what harm can shadows do? The streaks had missed me and they rammed into the trees surrounding me cutting them down in huge quarters. My eyes grew wide and I sweatdropped. "O_O;;"

"AAAHHH!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!" I screamed as I continued running into the park as the shadows continued trying to strike me down.

At Keiko's Ramen Restaurant…

Kurama's POV

"Huh?" I turned around towards the door because I thought I heard something. I just stopped by at the Ramen House owned by Keiko's family for some dinner with Kuwabara. Kuwabara and I received a telepathic message from Yusuke and Hiei that they were coming back because of a demon sighting near here. They told us to meet at the restaurant. But could that scream be coming from someone being chased by the demon? I was feeling some strange aura. Then I noticed Kuwabara. He was shivering.

"I'm having the tickle feeling," he said through his shivers. I sat there sweatdropping, but I was shaken out of my embarrassment for Kuwabara when I thought. If he can sense it like I can right now…then someone really might be in trouble! I then felt some more power coming through the door. The demon was probably coming…

"Kuwabara, there is something strong coming towards us, lets be on our guard," I whispered.

"Uh…alright…" Kuwabara was nervous.

I told Keiko to take her parents out back in the kitchen just in case then Kuwabara and I walked slowly in front of the door. It slowly slid open…

Kuwabara charged while I stayed in my spot not wanting to take hasty action and then what we saw…

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!" It was Yusuke, and he was tackled onto the ground by Kuwabara…

"Yusuke?" I looked at him, "Is that really you? You haven't changed much."

"ACK!!! Is this supposed to be a welcome party cause I don't think you're supposed to be tackling your guests…" Yusuke joked as he rubbed his head with a stupid grin on his face. Botan, Hiei, and Koenma slowly came in to see Yusuke on the ground. They just stood there blinking.

"Heh…sorry Urameshi," Kuwabara apologized with a nervous smile. Keiko and her parents came out of the kitchen to see if the coast was clear then a huge smile spread across Keiko's face.

"YUSUKE!!!" She ran over and hugged him tightly with tears of happiness in her eyes. "I missed you!"

Yusuke smiled, "I missed you too." I smiled to myself.

SLAP!!! I stopped smiling and saw Yusuke with a huge, red, hand imprint on his face and he dizzily fell to the ground with a thud.

"OOOWWWW!!! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?!?" Yusuke whined as he rubbed the mark Keiko gave him as a `welcome present'.

"FOR NOT GETTING IN CONTACT WITH ME!!! KUWABARA AND KURAMA HAD TO FILL ME IN ON EVERYTHING!!!" Keiko burst into tears, "I was so worried, Yusuke…"

"Aiiyyyeeee…Don't cry Keiko…" Yusuke comforted her.

"Hn…" Hiei mumbled to himself.

"Nice to see you my friend," I said, smiling politely at Hiei.

"Hello, Kurama…" Hiei said with his usual attitude. Seems he hasn't had much of a change ever since he had been staying with Mukuro. Even if their attitudes hadn't changed much, their spirit energy certainly has. The mass of their spirit energy has dramatically increased.

Koenma was tapping his foot impatiently. He was in his teen form and he wasn't looking too happy. "Maybe we should start the welcome wagon later, you do know there is a very strong demon around here right?" I just recalled it. There was so much of a ruckus that I almost forgot.

"Then lets go!" Botan said hastily, yet bubbly at the same time.

All of us nodded our heads. "Right."

Back in the park…

Danika's POV

Someone will save me right? I won't die right? OH WHO AM I KIDDING?! Yeah this is great. I get sucked into an anime world and now I'm gonna be killed by a shadow. Mm-hm…that's a GREAT way to spend my time here. Yup!

The shadows were shooting at me at great speeds now, and I was barely dodging them. Actually, I was amazed I made it this far…

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!" I screamed not like anyone would here me. Suddenly a shadow shot out in front of where I was running. I stopped short of it and the shadow barely ripped my shirt. I started to really panic now. And I'm sure that shirt would've cost me thirty dollars in American money…

"Got you now…"

Wait…did the shadow just talk? Is it a…DEMON?!?!? Well…DUH!!! SHADOWS DON'T TALK!!! >.<

All of the shadows around me shot out of their places and hurtled towards me.

"EH!!!" The next thing I knew I was pinned down on a tree by the shadows. It was hard and I could hardly breathe or scream for help for that matter.

"SPIRIT GUN!!!" I heard someone scream. There was only ONE person I knew who knew how to use the spirit gun. In fact it was his trademark. But he…he was…training in Makai. Yusuke?

The blast of light blasted on the shadows in front of me. It made the thing shriek horribly. The darkness that stuck me to the tree slowly sank to the ground in a pile, which fortunately loosened me from my place and made me fall to the ground with a thud.

"OW!!!" I rubbed my sore bottom, "That did not tickle…" I whined.

"Got it!" I heard a familiar voice say. Yusuke?! I looked around nervously. I knew who were coming. My legs went stiff with…fear? I sat there frozen not knowing what to do…

Yusuke's POV

Before the spirit gun shot…

We started running towards the direction where we felt the most energy from. Surely the demon would be there. We were led to the park in the neighborhood since a lot of power seemed to be coming from here, but of course the screaming was a helpful hint too…

"Hiei can you sense the type of the demon?" Kurama asked in his usual, know-it-all tone.

Hiei shook his head, "Hn…whatever it is, it's hiding its form pretty well," he said impatiently, "of course it could be a shape-shifting demon of some kind."

I just stood there dumb-founded. I didn't understand a thing they were saying.

"Well let's hurry up because if I recalled correctly, there was someone screaming!" Botan said eagerly, waving her arms around. We hurried up our pace to find a little clearing.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!" I heard someone scream.

Hiei, Kuwabara, me, and even Botan (with her oar…ow…o.0 OKAY NO MORE WITH THE BATS!!! AAHHHH *runs from the reader*) were looking ready to fight. But then I noticed Kurama. He was trembling slightly and gaping at the direction of the girl. Was there something wrong? It seemed like he knew her or something…

I shifted my attention from Kurama to shadows that seemed to be shooting at the girl from all sides. It was the demon I sensed it! It was made out of shadows…err…swallowed by shadows…err…it is a shadow…err…OH CRIPES!!! ITS JUST A DEMON WITH SHADOWS OK?!?!?

The shadows suddenly shot out all together at the girl which pinned her to a nearby tree. I'm just probably hungry and delusional because I thought I heard the shadows talk…Well if it is a demon I wouldn't be surprised. No time to think about these things though. I had to act quickly so I just thought of the best idea that could come up in my head…

"SPIRIT GUN!!!" The bright bullet had a bulls-eye on the demon and it let out a large shriek and fell forming a puddle on the ground.

"Ewww…" Kuwabara whined looking at the puddle disgustingly.

"GREAT JOB YUSUKE!!!" Botan yelled excitedly.

"Got it!!!" I shouted as I came over to the girl that fell to the ground because I released her from the tree. She was looking rather scared. Well duh, SOME people would be frightened half to death when you were about to be killed by a demon…

Koenma, Hiei, Botan, and Kuwabara as well as me came over to see if she was alright. Of course now we would probably have to erase her memory or something. I noticed Kurama was still standing still in his spot. He shifted a little and started walking toward all of us. The girl was still looking frightened.

"Are you alright?" I asked her. She looked up at me awkwardly.

"Uh…I'm fine, Yus-…ahhhh…" she stuttered. I looked at her with curious eyes. Was she about to say my name?

Danika's POV

Uh huh…yeah I should just say EVERYTHING I knew in front of their faces. Yup, that'll get me out of here without anyone suspicious of me… Oh wait…Hiei can probably sense my thoughts…GREAT! Might as well tell them now…

"Uh I mean…" I stuttered and sweatdropped. I would have found sweatdropping cool if I wasn't so nervous about now…Kurama was looking at me with cold and suspicious eyes…I had to play along as much as I could. Hopefully Hiei hasn't used his jagan eye on me yet. It was a slim chance since he had probably trained a lot since he went to Makai.

"Uh, I, umm…you see…" They kept looking at me as if I was having a seizure. Of course that's probably because I WAS having a seizure. "Thank you very much for saving me!" I said quickly with a nervous smile on my face.

Yusuke and the others just sweatdropped and looked at me awkwardly. "Uh…what?" I said shyly.

"DON'T PLAY DUMB!!! I've been playing dumb ever since I was in kindergarten so I should know whether or not you're just acting," Yusuke screamed in my face. I was rather mad right now, my eye was twitching…

"WELL SORRY MR. SPIRIT DETECTIVE!!!" I shouted not exactly aware of what I just said. Now all of them were staring at me. I quickly covered my mouth while Yusuke looked at me weirdly.

"SEE?!? HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS A SPIRIT DETECTIVE?!?!?" Yusuke blasted at volume 12 in my face. My hair was literally flying…I felt myself facefault involuntarily.

"Uh…I heard it somewhere…err…I…uhh" I stuttered. Now what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Chen: …Um…where'd the authoress go?

Hiei: *smirking* What authoress?

Chen: o.0 YOU DIDN'T!!!

Closet: MMMPPHHH MMMFFF!!!

Kurama: …

Hiei: …Hn…

Yusuke: *opens the closet to reveal a gagged up AA007*

Ryuken: *sweatdrops*

Kurama: …Hiei!

Hiei: …The baka was getting on my last nerve…

AnimeAngel007: MMMMMMMMMFFFFFFF!!! (trans: GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!)

Ryuken: …………………………so who's up for pizza?

Yusuke: I'm in…

Kuwabara: …me too…

AnimeAngel007: O__O MMMMMMMMFFFFFFFF!!! (trans: YOU BAKAS COME BACK HERE!!!)