Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anya of the Flower Rose ❯ Spirit Detective ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anya of the Flower Rose
Chapter 5: Spirit Detective
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, the rights belong to the creator: Yoshihiro Togashi
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“You have to what?” I squealed.
 
“I've got to kill you. Your soul is necessary and it's unstable. You shouldn't keep your youki locked up inside of you for so long. Yes, you should use it every few months or so. To bad your body has to die now, with no soul, it will die.” A thornless rose appeared in Tran's hand. “This will draw you soul out pure and keep it safe.”
 
“W-why?” My throat started to become constricted.
 
“I've been ordered to suck my little angel's soul out. I can't deny my master. How `bout a good bye kiss?”
 
“N-no!”
 
“Well now angel, you're not really in a position to have any control over it.” Tran's face moved closer to mine. “If you don't like it, I'll just simply take it now. Besides, it seems that someone already beat me to you.” Tran tapped the mark that Kurama gave me. “How sad. Oh well, time to di-”
 
There was a flash of light between me and Tran. The main vine snapped and I fell to the ground, landing very hard. The vines loosened and fell off. I sat up and looked towards the source of the light. Standing there was a guy with slicked back hair and a green uniform holding his hand like a gun.
 
“I'm not sure what you want with this girl, but you're on the list for my newest case.” The boy said putting down his hand.
 
“You must be the spirit detective that master warned me about.” Tran giggled.
 
“So what if I am?”
 
“You're the one who threatens to destroy our mission. I only want this girl's soul and I'll be on my way.”
 
“Not if your `mission' involves innocent peoples' lives.”
 
“Oh, but what spirit detective doesn't' realize is that this isn't an innocent soul. For you see, my angel used to aid the once great Yoko Kurama. Giving him food, and simply giggling at his tales of close calls.”
 
Tran looked down and smiled. I never told anyone that I did that for Yoko. “Tran, how did you find out about that?”
 
“Why my angel, you speak to me again! There are files on you and many other demons back at the lair. Now back to you spirit detective, I believe that you want to take me into custody, am I right?” Tran laughed.
 
“Yes, I hear if you come quietly now, you get a free toothbrush.” He said rather sarcastically.
 
“If you want to take me, then you'll have to do it by force. I'm not like that weak little Kurama who willingly came peacefully. He stole the stupid mirror just to save his mommy.”
 
“Kurama happens to be a strong part of our team.”
 
“I wouldn't insult Kurama if I were you Tran!” I screamed at Tran. “He's the one who marked me, and to top that, he's also Yoko! I told you that he would return to me and he did! And he's not a thief anymore!” I turned to the spirit detective. “Spirit detective, what has Tran done this time and you name?”
 
“Well, your buddy Tran here has some plan to destroy the Ningenkai.”
 
“We're not destroying, just restoring it to its former glory, before you ningens ruined it!”
 
“Well, you and your tree huggen' hippies will never finish your mission.”
 
Tran floated down just above the pavement and leaned into the spirit detective's face. “Mr. Sprit detective, you've totally ruined all my fun, I will be back for my angel's soul and you can't stop me.” The vines wrapped around Tran and it all disappeared.
 
“Damn, I was hoping to finish this fast.” He said while kicking the wall.
 
“Um, I still need to know what your name is.” I said approaching him slowly.
 
“The names Yusuke, what did that guy want with you anyways?” Yusuke said.
 
“I'm to quite sure what Tran wants with me but was sent by Forest Lord.”
 
“Forest Lord?”
 
“Yeah, he's the reason I went to aid Yoko. He's trying to get all youkai to rebel against the Ningenkai. We're perfectly happy the way it was. It's the Makai that needs to change, not the Ningenkai. The only way to negotiate is by killing the one you don't like. Yoko didn't have a good way to live either, but it was more fun than my life. I was happy with my life. I'm right in assuming that he's not a criminal any more right?”
 
“Can I return home now?” Kyoko said still speaking vaguely. I forgot that she was still here. “I'd like to be on my bed when my emotions come back so I can pass out from this.”
 
“What's the deal with her, and who is she?” Yusuke asked.
 
“You can leave Kyoko. I'll see you in school tomorrow. Don't tell your mom what happened.”
 
“Don't worry, I won't. I can't after what happened to my parents and grandparents.” She walked home.” Kyoko said.
 
“She's my friend Kyoko. She's like that because I calmed her in order to keep Hiei from killing her.”
 
“So you've met Hiei as well?”
“Yeah.” We started walking the other direction.
 
“What happened to her? And her family?”
“First, you know what it means when a demon bites a girl on her neck?”
“Yes, he's marked her as his mate.”
 
“Right. Last night, Hiei marked Kyoko. Today at lunch, after Kurama and I explained what it meant, and that we are both demons, Hiei showed up and she blew up on him. I calmed her with a bit of my youki.”
“Hold on, you're a demon?” I looked at him and nodded. “It's hard to tell who's youkai and who's human anymore. What type of youkai are you?”
 
“Plant, flower rose, Anya of the Flower Rose to be exact. Um, where do you go to school?”
“Sarayashiki, what does it matter?”
 
“I want to know where I can find you if I need you. I thought their uniforms were navy not green. You know where Kurama goes right?”
 
“Sure, it's the only school in the area that the boys uniforms are pink.”
 
“It's not pink, it's magentaish.”
 
“It's pink.”
 
“If it was pink, we'd have a very lower boy population in the school.” I stuck my tongue out at him.
 
Yusuke pointed his finger up. “You know, I could blast that tongue of your out of your mouth with my spirit gun.”
 
I quickly put my tongue back into my mouth. “Is that what you used to get the vines off me?”
 
“Sure is, what are you doing?”
I had jumped in front of Yusuke and started walking backwards. “I'm walking backwards of course. I get bored and this is a way for me to entertain myself. You better tell me if I'm gonna run into something.”
 
“Sure, whatever.” Yusuke looked over across the street. “Isn't that Kurama?” he pointed across the street.
 
Sure enough, Kurama was on the other side of the street walking in the opposite direction. I had to cross the street eventually, so I ran through the middle of the street causing many cars to stop and honk. I didn't stop; I didn't feel like it. I could hear Yusuke screaming at me, “You fucking baka! What the hell do you think you're doing!?”
 
Kurama turned with the rest of the crowd and his eyes widened. I walked up to him casually as possible. I could still hear Yusuke screaming. “What on earth are you doing Anya?” Kurama asked.
 
“Um,” I said. “Going to work and hoping that you'd walk me there. I nearly had my soul sucked out of my body by a thornless rose.”
 
Yusuke ran across the street. The two walked me to the Café Yum. Yusuke left claiming he had a date with some girl named Keiko. I told him the story of what happened with Tran. Kurama stayed with me through my shift and stood outside my window the whole night. I felt so loved.
 
 
Kyoko walked into class the next morning. She looked different from her normal look. She was wearing knee socks, when I know for a fact that she despises them with a passion. Her lips were also redder than normal and there is not a single tube of makeup in her entire house.
 
“Kyoko,” I said. “Why are you wearing knee socks when we both know how much you hate them?”
 
She looked at me, her eyes back to normal. Thank goodness the calming had left no trace. “I, er, tripped and scrapped my leg on some broken glass. I didn't want to have to explain over and over about a good size scratch on my leg. Plain and simple.”
 
That sounded almost as fake as my `bitten by a dog' excuse. I'll get the answer out of her eventually. She's not the greatest at telling lies; she can't stick to the same story.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and review please.