Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anya of the Flower Rose ❯ The Test ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anya of the Flower Rose
Chapter 6: The Test
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, the rights belong to the creator: Yoshihiro Togashi
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
(this is what happened the night before)
 
Kyoko laid in her bed. The calming wore off a few hours ago, but now she felt all of the emotions overwhelming her and she just needed to relax. She heard a noise outside of her window. It was almost three in the morning, so she approached the window slowly. Forgetting her robe, she exited to the balcony.
 
There was a cold wind that nipped at her exposed belly. Standing on the railing of her balcony was Hiei. Kyoko knew that she should be scared, but something was keeping the fear from surfacing.
 
Hiei pulled his katana out. He's gonna kill me! Ran through her head numerous times, but the fear didn't show. Hiei tossed his katana to the ground and it landed between the two of them.
 
“It seems that I've dropped my katana, pick it up onna.” Hiei said.
 
Normally, Kyoko would have said something like “Pick it up yourself you bastard!” but something in her gut said against it so instead she said, “Why?”
 
“Because I told you to baka onna.”
 
Kyoko felt her anger rising. She took a few breaths to cleanse herself of the anger. She began to approach the katana. Small energy blasts from the katana shot at her legs, forming small gashes along her legs. She stumbled a bit, but kept going. Blood slid down her legs as more gashes appeared causing bloody footprints to follow her.
 
Hiei watched as she bent over to grab the handle. A blast hurtled at her stomach, forming a deep gash. A few cuts formed on her arms as she reached for it. The blood slid down her stomach and stained her white pj shorts.
 
She stood and held the katana for a moment. She collapsed to the ground, but still held the katana. Tears formed in her eyes and she let them fall. Hiei walked over to her and took his katana and sheathed it.
 
He grabbed Kyoko's chin and said. “I'm surprised, most ningens would flee after the first shot to the legs, but you managed to keep a strong hold on it. Who are you?”
 
“Ky-ok-ko.” Kyoko stammered. The pain all over her body nearly paralyzing her. “Kyo-ko, Tatsu-mi.”
“Tatsumi? The bloodline that you descend from are psychics, no?”
 
“Y-yes.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“What?”
 
Hiei pulled Kyoko's face towards himself and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Kyoko closed her eyes, but confused. When she opened her eyes, Hiei was gone. She looked down at the small puddle of blood that had formed beneath her. She was able to stand up and walked back into her room. She looked down at her legs and arms, the bleeding had stopped, but there was now dried blood caked onto her skin.
 
After Kyoko took a shower and discarded the ruined clothing, she went out to her balcony, this time remembering her robe. The blood had vanished from the floor. She walked to the edge and let the cool breeze flow through her hair and run across the wounds, cooling the pain that still tingled within.
 
She stared out into the sky, where the sun was slowly starting to rise. “Hiei,” she breathed. “There's more to you than meets the eye, I hope I can share this with you one day.”
 
Kyoko stood there for quite a while. She looked at the sun and noticed where it sat. “Oh my gosh! I'm going to be late for school!” with that she ran back into her room. She grabbed her uniform and put it on, thanking kami that the sleeves were long. She looked down at her legs. I know! She reached far back into her sock drawer and pulled out a pair of knee socks that the dress code allowed and put them on. She went to her bathroom and pulled a portion of her hair into a bow, as she now had to work around Hiei's bite.
 
She went down stairs and grabbed her bag. “Goodbye mother, I'm heading to school now.” She exited thinking I'd better think up a good excuse for wearing knee socks, Kyoko knows how much I utterly despise them.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and Review please.
 
Reviewers:
 
SesshomaruInuyashaKagome: I've pretty much got this one written out. I can't update Sister of mine until I curb the writer's block.
 
Lily_the_sugar_goddess: I know, Kurama did just let the secret out kinda fast, but, uh…when I wrote the first chapter or two, I kinda didn't know much about YYH, I know way more now and I need the OOCness to fit with my story. I never said anything about killing the ones Kurama loves did I? I just said get to Kurama through them. Don't worry, that wasn't a flame, I took it as constructive criticism. You want to know what I consider a flame, check out the reviewer on my fic `You Must Die.' He was mean.