Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening ❯ Proluge: Nightmares ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello everyone! Suri here just wanted to write alittle bit to all those people who decided on reading this fic. Thank you so much!!!! I'm so excited that I finally put this up. Just to let you know both me and my friend are writing this together and it has been awesome. So okay I hope you enjoy and please just review to give me comments and suggestions on how good my story is and how I can make it better, don't just flame me.
Thanks.
 
PS: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. Wish I did but I don't, so any opinions stated in this fic are mine and mine alone. On with the story!!!
 
Prologue:
Nightmares
 
She looked tired. Her blue gray eyes no longer shimmered and her gold-blonde hair drooped lifelessly. She was sitting and looking at the wall, her hands on her knees. She looked somewhat peaceful but the way her whole body was shaking suggested otherwise. She was locked inside her glass prison, like always.
 
But this time it was different she seemed so defeated, lost. Her expression gave the feeling of utter lifelessness, and emptiness. She was an empty shell, she no longer wanted to live, and she had nothing to live for.
 
Scars on her arms and legs suggested torture, and her hair was matted and dirty. Her face was covered in grit and grim and her nails were filled with dirt. A man stopped by her door, opened it and walked inside. He carelessly left the door open, but he knew she would not try to escape. She was just a being that had no more will to live, no more zest for life.
 
He pitied her, but he would never say. It would only result in a beating for him, and he was too cowardly to do anything to help her. She sat there every day, the only thing she did was eat, and stare, the defiance in those blue pits that had been there at the beginning was gone. Her quick flashes of temper in front of the master never happened again after a while. Everyone wondered why.
In the beginning she was only fourteen, but even then she had been a spitfire. She had been a spirit that no end of torture had been able to bend. But after three years she had almost stopped living, she had no more in her. The man looked at her again, her stare still distant, put a loaf of bread in front of her, and then walked out the door closing it behind him.
 
But then a sight that no one had seen in a long time, her eyes focused. The man stared at her from the other side of the glass and then said something into his walky-talkie. Then she slowly stood up, her muscles working for the first time in ages, and she walked up to the glass and looked out. A sudden noise further down the hall explained her rare movement.
 
Her pale, drawn face stared out the glass and she slowly put her hands up to it, she turned her head down the hall to face the sound. Then, from the darkness came some of the master's men almost dragging a woman somewhat shorter than the one in the cell. She had brown hair falling down to her shoulders and her eyes were ice blue. She was screaming madly at the men holding her, and they were using all their force to keep her contained, and to not get hurt themselves.
 
“Let me go, you fools!” she screamed, hitting one of the men in the gut. He flinched slightly but his hold on her did not waver, “ You will regret this all of you! You will die!”
 
When the men dragging the woman saw the man in the tunnel they yelled for him to get out of the way, but they were too late. The shorter woman had shot a blade of ice at the man impaling him in his gut and freezing him from the inside out.
 
Suddenly a dark form stalked out of a tunnel on the opposite side of the people carrying the woman. He stepped lightly over the body of the man, and walked over to the men. He was wearing a black cloak that shrouded his face, and his form.
 
“You will all die! I said DIE!!” the woman screamed.
 
“That is where you are wrong my pet,” he said quietly, pulling out a strange looking stone from his pocket. The woman in the cell flinched, “ You see I control you now.” He said, and the shorter woman's eyes widened, turned to a liquid brown, and then she went limp in the men's arms.
 
The cloaked man then turned his gaze to the young woman in the cell. “ Well look who graces us with her presence,” he said sneering, “ I see you have gotten up, little wretch.” The girl snarled.
 
The man laughed evilly, “ You are so much like your mother. Did you know that? I thought there was no more fight left in you but you bristle at the mere sight of me. How bought another dose of torture?” he asked her with a malicious smile.
 
The girl made no reply, she just looked at him, her eyes holding a smoldering hatred, “ I hate it when you look at me like that,” the man said, his eyes narrowing, “ You should never have learned that from your little friend. I can't believe your mother let you play with that foul being.”
 
The girl's face contorted with anger at the man. Then he pulled out the stone, her eyes grew wide, and then she let out a gasp and fell to the floor. “ Oh well,” the man said turning away from the girl and looking back at his men, “ Throw her in there,” he said motioning for them to put the shorter woman in the cell. Then he looked back at the girl, “You really should not be so ungrateful, Suri, I spared you little friend, and now I am giving you another,” the girl began to get up, she lifted her head and then looked at the man with such hatred that it sent chills up the men's spines.
 
“You fool,” the man said, “ You know not to challenge me. Where did that get you last time?” he asked looking at her with an evil scowl, “ If you want it to happen that way fine, suffer, I don't care.” He turned away from the girl again, “ In one hour bring her up to the room. You know what to do,” he said and then started off down the tunnel. He paused at the body of the man, “ And clean up this filth,” and then he walked off.
 
The men started after their master, they picked up their fallen comrade, and then disappeared into the darkness. Suri quietly moved over to the woman they had just thrown into her cell. She picked her up and moved her onto a bed in the corner of the room. She tore off a piece of sheet and tied it around an open wound on the woman's head and then sat down in her place by the wall. She drew her knees up to her chest, and began to cry, knowing what pain she would have to endure again.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
When he opened his eyes it was dark, a perpetual dark. He lifted his hand over his head, and rested the crook of his elbow on his forehead. He breathed in a deep sigh and pulled the covers higher over his chest, and turned over on his side. His alarm clock read 1:08, and from outside his closed blinds there were no streetlights on. He flipped over onto his back again and drew in a slow, deep breath, and his mind went over the dream again.
 
He had been having that same dream for the past week. It had been such a long time, before that, that he had dreamt of her. The dreams had stopped about two years ago, when he had met Yusuke, but they had started again, the same over and over, each one making him feel emptier inside.
 
He pushed back his long hair from his face and stared up at the ceiling, “ Suri,” he said quietly into the darkness.
 
“You are very pathetic human,” said a voice in his head, “She is gone, why do your thoughts dwell on her?”
 
“You miss her too, Yoko,” he shot back, “ Do not pretend that you don't.”
 
“ Hn,” came the undignified reply, “ Go back to sleep, and do not think of her anymore.”
He rolled over in his bed once his counter part being was gone. He closed his eyes and memories of his childhood floated through his mind. He brought his palm up and hit his forehead, wanting the past to stop invading him. He wanted to sleep; he wanted it to just go away. But in the back of his mind he knew that he would never stop missing her.
 
“ Suri,” he said into the darkness, “ Why did you have to leave?”