Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening ❯ Chapter 3: Not Forgotten ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello to everyone reading our story. Sorry for the delay of the third chapter, it was evil, evil, just couldn't figure out what to write. Well enjoy! Oh I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho.
 
 
Chapter 3:
Not Forgotten
 
Kurama had infiltrated the compound without much difficulty and was now running full tilt down a flight of stairs. He red hair flying out behind him as he skipped over demons and guards until he reached a large door. He stopped in front of it and took a deep breath.
 
Pushing it open he walked into a long tunnel with a clear looking cell off to the side. He saw the ice-demon they had been sent to get as well, and she looked strait at him through the translucent substance holding her captive.
 
“Get me out!” she screamed banging on her cell.
 
Kurama shook his head, “I'm sorry, I'll come back.”
 
And with that he ran to the end of the tunnel and was faced with another door, and right behind it he could feel Suri's energy. He opened it slowly, his heart pounding in his ears, and all could see was darkness.
 
 
* * * * * * * *
 
The blackness had penetrated into the recesses of her mind, as soon as he had put her into the room. And as the darkness engulfed her she knew what he was going to force her to do. She had trained all her will power into trying to stop him from controlling her body, but her mind was too weak and the strain made her weaker still.
 
Suri screamed inside herself, frustration, and desperation taking hold. Her head pounded mercilessly as she continued to berate herself for the helplessness she was feeling. She could do nothing but wait for her soul to except the truth her mind already knew.
 
She sobbed to herself, the only thing she was able to do on her own will. She hadn't known all of his cruelty until today, she had hoped he still had one shred of fatherly love in him, but she had misjudged him. He didn't care.
 
Bilge rose up in her throat but he forced her to swallow it down, not allowing her to try and get rid of the feeling of impurity running through her body. He was inside her mind forcing her body to do things it shouldn't have been doing, things she didn't want it to do. He hated her.
 
Her body shook violently and she tried to gag up the feelings again, but he just laughed at her. Fear began forming at the edges of her consciousness. A blanket dulling her senses, that's what it was like. Or a fog, an evil impending mist that would not leave her alone. He relished in her pain.
 
Unable to regain control of her body, she stood there in the dark, feeling nothing but the contamination of his will forced upon her. She did not want to give in but her mind was weak from years and years of emotional and physical strain. He fed upon her despair.
 
Then it came the moment she had been dreading, footsteps sounded out side of the door. She could feel him, coming closer and closer, and she tried to will him away. He continued coming, trying to find her, not knowing that she might be his doom. Another sob rose into her throat as he began pounding on the door. She wanted so badly to scream out to him, but she knew even if she could he probably wouldn't listen.
 
“Stupid, stubborn kitsune,” she thought quietly to herself.
 
And just then the door began to open. She screamed inside herself again, and vainly tried to run away.
 
Then she heard his voice, “Suri?”
 
She sobbed inside herself and tried to scream out his name. “This can't be happening,” she thought desperately, “Shuichi you fool, get out of here.”
 
But he continued walking inside, and as soon as he passed the doorframe the chamber shut and they were locked in darkness, “Suri?” he asked into the darkness again, “Are you there?”
 
Then she felt herself move toward his voice, “No,” she thought, “Go away, don't come any closer.”
 
And then she heard him stop, his breathing quieted, but she could still feel his heart pounding in his chest. She had never heard it race this quickly before, and then she was filled with an overwhelming sense of sadness. He was here, but she could not run to him and embrace him, she could not whisper into his ear that she was alright, she could not breathe in his sent, hear his heart gently, rhythmically pounding in his chest. She could only sit here as a bystander as the monster used her body to try and destroy him.
 
She moved once more and she could feel a tingling at the edge of her senses, “No!” she screamed, “Don't you dare!”
 
“But Suri, I so enjoy to see you suffer, feel you suffer,” a voice said into her mind, “I love to hear your heart race, love to feel your mind scream out to make your body stop when you can do nothing. Your suffering brings me pure joy, darling of my heart.”
 
She sobbed, “No please don't do this, please, father,” she said desperately searching for something to say that might make him stop.
 
He paused and for what seemed like hours he was silent, and she hoped. But then he began to laugh. The evil, malicious sound penetrated her mind like a sword and she knew what she had said had done nothing. And the tingling resumed until it ran through her whole body, and she could feel the size of her limbs changing, feel herself growing fur and her hands changing into paws with razor sharp claws.
 
When it had stopped she saw the room from a different perspective, not only lower to the ground but she could see in the darkness. Her eyes looked around the room under a different influence entirely, and she saw him. The sadness plucked at her again, his hair was long, just as long as it was in the battles she had seen him fight, but he was taller. “Just as he should be,” she thought quietly to herself, but the monster heard her.
 
“He won't be that tall for long,” he said cackling, “Soon you will see him on his knees with blood pooling underneath him, asking you with those eyes and that sweet little voice you so love, `why are you doing this,'” he said trying to mimic Kurama's voice.
 
Her heart fell deeper into the abyss of her shattered soul as he said this. “Go away,” she whispered feebly, her mind going somewhat numb with sorrow and he chuckled, “Why do you hate me?” she asked.
 
“Hate you?” he exclaimed, “I already told you Suri, I don't hate you. I hated your mother after she left me, I hated that boy for being around you, I hated the ice-demon for drawing out your resistance to me, but I do not hate you. How could I hate my own flesh and blood?”
 
“Why do you torment me? Why do you cut up wounds you know are still bleeding? Why don't you love me like a father should?”
 
He seemed confused for a moment, but then composed himself, “Because I have the power to do so, because you must be must be punished for your disobedience, and because I don't have the capacity to love as you say. Love is not an emotion I can feel.”
 
Then he stopped speaking and began to make her move again. But she said nothing, she knew now there was nothing she could do. Though she began to will Kurama to kill her as soon as she stepped into his view, she was fairly certain he wouldn't. However when she looked into his cool green eyes she wondered what he would do.
 
* * * * * * *
 
Hiei ran through the entranceway of the fortress still hacking away at the limbs of demons the Fox had left in his path. And there were a lot of them. He looked back at the detective and the fool and they both caught his eyes simultaneously and nodded. He had to find Kurama.
 
The fire apparition had sensed the calamity racking the fox demon's mind and what he had said on the boat proved to him that the kitsune was heading into an emotional break down. And despite his calm façade, Hiei was genuinely worried for his friend. Something he didn't like to admit, even to himself.
 
He scowled as he sliced through the tide of low level beings flooding the hall, and followed the kitsune's sent to a door to the left of a gigantic stairwell leading, he thought, down to the darkest recesses of the earth. Though when he opened the door he was met with a very unhappy one eyed demon holding a titanic mace, with spikes as long as the swordsman's forearm.
 
The demon swung at him and though Hiei jumped to avoid a smashing hit, because of the surprise, the spiked weapon flew into his leg. He winced and struck back slicking the demon's neck through the bone and the huge red-skinned monster fell.
 
“Damn!” he swore as he clutched his leg. Thinking quickly he tore off the cloth covering his forehead and wrapped it tightly around the wound. Fighting back stabs of pain he ran down the stairwell until he made it to a door. He could smell Kurama's sent not too far away and then he heard a scream of terror and pain and he quickly pushed the door open.
 
It led to a large room with a glass cell to one side and more tunnels leading from the main area. And then he saw the ice-demon, sitting in the cell staring at the door opposite to Hiei. As he ran over to the glass chamber she looked at him, her chocolate brown eyes stricken with fear.
 
“Are they in there?” he asked pointing to the door.
 
She nodded and the yelled to him as he began to walk towards it, “Hey, get me out of here!”
 
He barely looked back at her as he said, “I'll be back, like I would leave you in this misbegotten place,” as he opened the door.
 
As the steel door opened slowly, with a faint creaking noise, Hiei was faced with a darkness that surprised even him. And the chill was almost unbearable; it was as if he had stepped into a freezer. His cold red eyes skimmed over the darkness but he could see nothing so he opened his Jagan cautiously.
 
A whimper to his left caught his interest and he turned his head to face it. As his third eye peered through the gloom he caught a glimpse of Kurama's flash of red hair and then he saw a figure crumpled up in the kitsune's arms. He walked over to his friend until he was sure Kurama could see him.
 
The kitsune looked up at him and smiled, “It's over,” he almost whispered and Hiei could see the pain flashing through the redhead's green eyes. He then looked down at the girl in the Fox's arms. She seemed to be about a head smaller than Kurama, but the kitsune had experienced a growth spurt the last year, so Hiei thought she was about 5'6. She had long blonde hair and though her eyes were closed he knew from the picture that they were a gray-blue.
 
“Kurama, we have to go,” he said to his friend. Kurama nodded to tell Hiei that he had heard but as he began to get up with the girl his knees buckled beneath him and he let out a moan as he fell to the ground. Hiei stood there looking impassive, but inside he was very concerned. He looked over his friend's body with his Jagan and he located a series of very large lacerations on his side and back that were bleeding profusely.
 
He quickly sent a mental message to the detective telling him to come down quickly and took off his outer cloak. He took off the Fox's shirt and pressed his black cloak on the worst of the wounds, hoping to slow the bleeding until Yusuke could call Botan and make a portal to Spirit World.
 
“Hiei,” Kurama said weakly, “Did you get the ice-demon?”
 
“No,” he said slowly, “You needed my help so I came.”
 
Kurama breathed in a gust of air and tried to slow his breathing as it began to get faster, “Thank you,” he forced out of clenched teeth.
 
“You shouldn't be having this much trouble healing your wounds Fox, what are you doing?” the shorter demon said accusingly.
 
“She needs it more than I do,” he said quietly holding tighter to the girl.
 
Hiei grunted with frustration, “Idiot,” he stated. He squatted there next to the wounded kitsune until he heard Yusuke and Kuwabara. The detective ran over to the redhead and began speaking softly to him, and Hiei left to follow Kuwabara who was walking over to the ice-demon.
 
The short demon looked up as Kuwabara opened up the cell door and flinched. Kuwabara smiled widely and began to try to flatter her with complements on her beauty. She smiled weakly in response, “Thanks but you can stop giving me a headache now.”
 
Hiei smirked and the tall carrot top looked dumbfounded. The ice-demon brushed past both of her rescuers and walked toward Yusuke, Kurama, and the girl. She leaned down to inspect the young woman and then said something to Yusuke and he nodded. Yusuke picked up the girl bride-style while the ice-demon took the detective's place in stopping the blood flow of Kurama's wound.
 
As Yusuke passed Kuwabara he nodded his teammate over to Kurama and the taller man immediately ran over to the kitsune and began to help him up. The ice-demon, still staunching the blood flow of the wound, followed the taller man until they passed Hiei.
 
The dark haired demon took the cloak from her and motioned her to the girl; she nodded to him and walked quickly to catch up to Yusuke. Hiei pressed the cloak again to the Fox's side and then looked up at him.
 
“You really are an idiot, will you start healing yourself now?” he asked snidely.
 
The fox nodded and Kuwabara smiled gently down at him, “We did good Kurama, you got her and were all safe.”
 
Kurama sighed but then perked up, “Will we be able to get out safely? What about all the demons.”
 
Kuwabara chuckled, “Well while you and the shrimp were getting your friend we sorta kicked some ass. Don't worry we won't be bothered.”
 
The kitsune's head sagged down in response and his legs buckled again. As he slipped out of Kuwabara's reach Hiei grabbed him before he hit the ground, “Baka kitsune,” he remarked in a disgusted voice, “You don't go unconscious like that without giving us warning.”
 
Kuwabara lifted the now unconscious fox onto his back and they continued walking, trailing only a tail length behind Yusuke and the two demons, “This could have turned out worse,” Kuwabara remarked solemnly. Hiei began to nod but then stopped himself when he realized he was about to agree with the man, and he sneered.
 
“Imbecile,” he said nastily as he turned his concentration back to the wound on the Fox's side. What ever happened between the Fox and this girl next he decided would be very, very interesting to watch.