Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Before there were Band-aides ❯ Stalker? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Renard: Well…I'm back with another chapter. Since Mediaminer is being special…It's spacing out my chapters waaaaaaaay too much and it's really obnoxious.

 

Yusuke: *claps* Good for you

 

Renard: Is that all you're gonna say?

 

Yusuke: *walks off*

Renard: I'm noticing a theme here…eh, oh well. I don't own YYH, so go Onward read.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Kurama walked down the street towards Yusuke's. He was still slightly dazed by the events of the past twelve hours. It wasn't often that one was thrown through the window of a house into another's kitchen, to find them on deaths door, and then save their life in return for shelter. He almost wondered if she should have stayed with her until she had regained a bit more strength, but he did have a job to do.

 

"Kurama!" An all too familiar voice called out. He turned to look behind him, and found Yusuke running his way.

 

"Hello Yusuke."

"Where have ya been? We've been looking everywhere." Yusuke said, reaching Kurama quickly.

 

"I was…" Kurama started, only to be interrupted by the rather energetic spirit detective.

 

"Did you get him?" Yusuke said, referring to the demon they were currently after.

 

"Unfortunately not." Kurama answered quietly, rubbing the back of his head.

Yusuke wasn't paying much attention to the hesitant red head.

 

I forced myself out of bed, bored of just sitting around watching the clock tick. I tugged the sleeves of my pale green shirt over my bandages protectively, not needing the world to know about what had happened. The sun was beating down recklessly, irritating me slightly. I could see the back of a very red head. It was undoubtedly Kurama. Why I was trailing him, I still wasn't sure. I wasn't planning on talking to him. Maybe I just felt a sense of obligation, or maybe I was just curious to find out who the hell this guy was in the first place. We never really introduced ourselves, we talked about like, the weather and useless junk like that.

 

I still wondered how I found him on the crowded streets, but it was more like, how could I not find him? I sighed, he wasn't getting rid of me soon. I was still amazed that he had saved my life…and why he would I couldn't figure out. I guess I had just expected him to take advantage of my weakness, like most other guys would. What about him was so freakin' different? That alone was enough to keep me following him, and his greasy haired friend.

 

"I don't like that kid." I murmured to myself, looking at the black haired kid that accompanied Kurama. Some people looked at me oddly, but I didn't care. I had a right to talk to myself if I felt like it, no one could stop me either.

 

I kept my eyes on the grease encrusted hair of the kid next to Kurama, considering him slightly. He seemed young, well, that's what I decided by eyeing his small and scrawny body. He was wearing plain blue jeans and a white t-shirt, nothing fancy. He was slightly shorter then Kurama, but seemed to make up for that in attitude. I figured that out after he balled his hands into fists and got ready to punch Kurama's lights out. That didn't go over too well.

 

Within a few more minutes, they were walking up a set of pale colored stairs. I thoughtlessly followed, ignoring the echoing thumps of my flip flops on the concrete floor. Kurama noticed almost instantly, and turned to see who it was. Surprise!

 

"Hey, remember me?" I said almost shyly, a thin smile on my face. Clinging to my shirt sleeve, I waved, watching his reaction closely. He looked slightly startled, with maybe even a hint of worry in his large emerald eyes. His gelatin haired friend also turned, a slightly mischievous glint in his large chocolate eyes.

 

"Hey Kurama, who is this?" He asked suggestively, his eyes flicking up and down my body in that intrusive teen way that guys have. I hated him for it, but I didn't expect much else from some stuck up teen punk.

 

"I'm a friend of his. Is that some reason of concern for you?" He sort of blinked at me. "Good." I said, turning to face Kurama again. He stared at me with an almost blank expression. "You do know who I am right?" He nodded. "See, I knew I wasn't that easy to forget. By the way, you forgot to give me the money for that window you broke." I said with a joking smile. I winked subtly, causing Yusuke to raise his eyebrow in question.

 

"I'm sorry." Kurama responded, his entire expression turning from one of startled thought to pure confusion.

 

"It's alright. Just don't think about busting through any more of my windows if you're bleeding. I don't need to pay for new carpeting." I waved again with slightly curled fingers, and with a satisfied smile, I started to turn away. I, placed a finger on my lips, thinking. I knew they were still watching me, and I figured they weren't going to stop until I was out of view. With that in mind, I turned on my heel, facing them again.

 

"Mind if I join you? Or are the two of you…busy?" I teased, a suggestive hint in my voice that could easily rival Yusuke's (not that I knew who he was at the time). I knew neither of them would object, though the look on Kurama's face said that he wanted to, so I took my place in between then. Sometimes it felt great to be obtrusive and shameless…

 

Yusuke was looking me over again.

 

"Would you mind telling me who the hell you are?" I asked bluntly, facing him with annoyance in my eyes.

 

"I'm Yusuke Urameshi. Who the hell are you?" He threw back at me, unlocking a door. Kurama and I followed him in, taking off our shoes. I watched the two of them slowly wander into the small apartment. I followed with a slight shrug to myself, nearly screaming when I saw a black cloaked figure leaning on a wall next to a window.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Renard: Well, that went nowhere.

 

Yusuke: Cha, no kidding.

Renard: Thanks for the support Yusuke.

 

Yusuke: *walks off*

Renard: Ugh…well, review please!